Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Haha Cousins owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Has anyone else found the "Demarcus has to be on his best behavior" thing kinda insulting? Boogie rules he got 'bowed in the neck and was angry for a second

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I expect Plumlee to throw a retaliation elbow at Valanciunas.

EvanTH posted:

Has anyone else found the "Demarcus has to be on his best behavior" thing kinda insulting? Boogie rules he got 'bowed in the neck and was angry for a second

Yes.

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
It was 2-1, just not in the intended order, announcer.

Tahm Bwady
Aug 7, 2008

Its 1 thing to jump and be able to land on 2 feet but I had no idea I was landing in Heaven.Hope all is well on this good Friday
The best part was Valanciunas flinching like Boogie was gonna destroy him.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
announcer's been talking about how Boogie Has To Be A Good boy like every time the dude comes on the court this tournament

ahah how is he so absent

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Tahm Bwady posted:

The best part was Valanciunas flinching like Boogie was gonna destroy him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3eXo8QfG8

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
My expert analysis: not the best start to the second half for the Lithuanians.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Jesus Christ this coverage is loving horrible. Are they commentating from a studio stateside? Cant hear any of the crowd or court noise. Is there a better feed somewhere?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

lmao Jonas

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Jesus Christ this coverage is loving horrible. Are they commentating from a studio stateside? Cant hear any of the crowd or court noise. Is there a better feed somewhere?

It's similar to the world cup where there's a single video feed.

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
o poo poo sergio busquets courtside

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Is Drummond really not going to get minutes with almost all big men in foul trouble?

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Geno posted:

o poo poo sergio busquets courtside

biscuits must be backing the real champions (the USA)

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

If the Team USA B team wins every game by 20 or more this tournament, I hope the press stop trying to talk up other teams for a few international tournaments.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
man the state of world basketball can be depressing

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

net work error posted:

It's similar to the world cup where there's a single video feed.

i mean like is there a eurosport version or something with announcers who give a drat

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

I feel dumb for not betting on the game with today's line.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

:drat:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Coach K trying to fight somebody.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

net work error posted:

Coach K trying to fight somebody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2bFmX9nljg
USA USA

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Spacebump posted:

If the Team USA B team wins every game by 20 or more this tournament, I hope the press stop trying to talk up other teams for a few international tournaments.

It was a down year for everyone but Spain.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
Total noob question, but out of all the countries other than the U.S. that competed or are competing in this tournament, where is basketball the most popular?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

John Wall wasn't remotely close to making the team, get over it.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

I wish he was because he would at least throw more oops to Davis than any of the other guards.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Kelfeftaf posted:

Total noob question, but out of all the countries other than the U.S. that competed or are competing in this tournament, where is basketball the most popular?

Lithuania, probably followed by Serbia/Croatia. In Lithuania, basketball is more popular than futbol, which no other country but USA can say. It's a good question. Lithuania only has 3 million people but has 5 medals in international competition since independence in 91.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kelfeftaf posted:

Philippines and Lithuania are the countries where basketball is the #1 sport. (See Pacific Rims and The Other Dream Team) It's fairly popular throughout Europe as well, at least to the point where you can make a multimillion Euro salary playing for top Euroleague teams.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
From what I understand basketball is very popular in China, but specifically the NBA not local flavor.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Rick posted:

You're a real sour puss bud

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Rick posted:

From what I understand basketball is very popular in China, but specifically the NBA not local flavor.

The local stuff is getting bigger every year. The same issues abound that have often plagued other Chinese sports leagues. Pay was low for a long time for Chinese players, corruption, and level of play was just generally not good.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
Playing basketball is sort of popular for teens in France, but that's about it. No one really follows any league or player. Most people in the country know what the sport is, and who Tony Parker and Michael Jordan are. That's it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Rick posted:

It was a down year for everyone but Spain.

Everyone includes the US and they still dominated the tournament. (so far) America has at least one starter that might not make the team if everyone is playing. That starter would still make every other team in the world if he was their nationality.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Sep 12, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

soggybagel posted:

The local stuff is getting bigger every year. The same issues abound that have often plagued other Chinese sports leagues. Pay was low for a long time for Chinese players, corruption, and level of play was just generally not good.

Coaching and a lot of player living conditions are are also terrible in China. At least they were as recently as when this was written. http://www.amazon.com/Brave-Dragons-Basketball-American-Cultures/dp/0307473368

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011
So who on the U.S. squad is going to win World Cup MVP?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Kelfeftaf posted:

So who on the U.S. squad is going to win World Cup MVP?

It should be Davis or Faried.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

So is this worth watching the replay at 11pm? How did Rose look?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

I didn't watch the game, but from following various threads about it, there were tons of fouls everywhere. And Rose played poorly.

Kelfeftaf
Sep 9, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

Rose looked pretty bad.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
watch the 3rd quarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man, Lithuania looked pretty scummy that game, but maybe that's just nationalism talking.

And these international basketball media recommendations have been great, keep em coming if you have more.

• Locked thread