Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life
The freedom to live off his parents without judgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Krispy Kareem posted:

I used to deal with food stamp deposits back when it was colorful slips of paper with Thomas Jefferson on them. Those were easy to abuse. I was under the impression that EBT cards were different. Don't you keep the same card and it's just reloaded or do they actually send recipients a new card every month? How would you sell a card if it's going to be reloaded the next month?

If you are dumb, you give the card back to them when you are done with it. If you are smart, you just pay them every month, since you know them and they are your neighbors. If you are really smart, you just keep it and use it until they call for a replacement, which can mean a month or more of free goodies if they aren't on the ball. And there are a lot of people who aren't on the ball.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Are people referring to Sep 11th as "Patriot Day" now or something?

ADudeWhoAbides
Mar 30, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

As dumb as the rest of the post is, this is the part that makes me maddest. Nothing patriotic happened that day, and we already have a Patriot's Day in MA with a marathon and everything.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

'now' as in, since 2001 when the bill to enact it was passed...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Day

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

swampland posted:

Baby Boomers, Gen Xers and Millennials are all the same generation I guess

I've seen people complain about this poo poo when they just reached puberty, goddamn some people were middle-aged before they even could grow a beard.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I can't tell if this dude is just trolling or is just really this bad. Most of my friends so far have been on the sane side of the Ray Rice issue. This is the first one I've seen who has played the "None of anyone's business" card.

Man of Many Pants
Jan 2, 2013

Crain posted:

I can't tell if this dude is just trolling or is just really this bad. Most of my friends so far have been on the sane side of the Ray Rice issue. This is the first one I've seen who has played the "None of anyone's business" card.

But but but... he beat her in FEBRUARY which is the LEAST accountable month of the year. People fight. Sometimes giant men punch their girls unconscious in elevators, it happens. He hasn't beat her on video in almost a year, so, leave him alone!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
The whole thing is now less about Ray Rice than it is Rodger Goodell and the NFL for not having seen the tape before Monday. I guess I don't condone making Rice's life any worse, that certainly won't help things but lol at the "spousal abuse is a problem WHEN its repeated..." bit.

I guess I also don't understand how he thinks a person shouldn't be charged with abuse even if it was a few years ago. Like, fear is one of the biggest feelings people have after being abused and I'm sure there isn't much reconciling going on.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Man of Many Pants posted:

But but but... he beat her in FEBRUARY which is the LEAST accountable month of the year. People fight. Sometimes giant men punch their girls unconscious in elevators, it happens. He hasn't beat her on video in almost a year, so, leave him alone!

Ray Rice is 5'8". Obviously an NFL running back is way stronger than an average-sized woman and it's ludicrous to defend him but he isn't a giant.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Why are the girl poors the only ones that get mutilated to make them sterile, Madam President?? Last I checked, you could cut on guy poors too in order to keep them from breeding.

poo poo's fuckin' sexist :(

Putting the FGM in FYGM

Lottery of Babylon has a new favorite as of 21:27 on Sep 11, 2014

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

ADudeWhoAbides posted:

As dumb as the rest of the post is, this is the part that makes me maddest. Nothing patriotic happened that day, and we already have a Patriot's Day in MA with a marathon and everything.

It's really annoying me, too. I've never seen it brought up until today, even if it was enacted 2001 (when minds were a little too clouded to come up with a non-idiotic name).

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

SteveVizsla posted:

It's really annoying me, too. I've never seen it brought up until today, even if it was enacted 2001 (when minds were a little too clouded to come up with a non-idiotic name).

The name came in 2009, thanks to Obama though (though people started calling it patriot day unofficially from day 1).

It's really idiotic, but it's been around ages.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Parasol Prophet posted:

I hate that pile of poo poo email forward. Say, you know what would be better than only silently treating poor people like second-class citizens? The government actually mandating that they be treated like second-class citizens, even less than human! GO 'MERICA WOOOO

Ask her what she'd do with someone who has a job (or two) and works many hours a week, but is still unable to/barely supporting their family. Also about the children who never chose to be born into poverty.

People who pass that email forward around seem like they would love the type of government that exists in The Hunger Games trilogies, where if you sign up for government food assistance, you just bought your kids more tickets into a drawing where if they win, they get to fight other poor kids to the death for the entertainment of the wealthy.

hypnotoad
Dec 16, 2007

But shakin' its all I know!
Living in MD, I can't get away from the idiots defending Ray Rice which is just :psyduck: No one more so than my cousin, who used to be a victim of domestic violence for years herself.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

IndustrialApe posted:

I've seen people complain about this poo poo when they just reached puberty, goddamn some people were middle-aged before they even could grow a beard.

It's a magical time in every young person's life when they recognize they have memories that are older than other, younger people they know. It's an even more magical time when older people recognize those young people have memories and then sell them things based on those memories.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
This is the first time I've paid attention to this and I just watched the video. How the gently caress can people defend that? He knocked her the gently caress out and dragged her out of the elevator like it was nothing. "Yeah he did it way back in February, they've reconciled by now! loving disgusting. I didn't grow up in a violently abusive home, but my dad hit my mom one night. I was too young to fully understand, but he was going through a lot of grief with his mom dying and he was drinking a lot. Mom had a black eye the next day and tried to explain to me what had happened last night. It was the only time they got violent, but I wouldn't have called the cops on my dad. Anecdotal etc. but in this Rice case? gently caress. Him.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

:911:

In red's profile picture he's dressed as the eleventh Doctor Who and holding a sonic screwdriver.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

In red's profile picture he's dressed as the eleventh Doctor Who and holding a sonic screwdriver.

Daleks did 9/11

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

IndustrialApe posted:

I asked for a pocket watch when I was in seventh grade. I think they're cooler than wristwatches, even though I don't really take it around with me.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

a second TARDIS has hit the towers

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

I asked for a pocket watch when I was in seventh grade. I think they're cooler than wristwatches, even though I don't really take it around with me.

Hey, I carry a pocket watch too.

They're called cellphones now though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

someone made a freedom of information act request for anita's police reports about the "death threats", and they don't exist. i don't know if that proves she faked the threats for attention but at the least it proves she never contacted any authorities about it despite saying she did.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
Dude you can't make a FOIA request about someone else's private information, including if they called in death threats or not.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Excels posted:

someone made a freedom of information act request for anita's police reports about the "death threats", and they don't exist. i don't know if that proves she faked the threats for attention but at the least it proves she never contacted any authorities about it despite saying she did.

who cares

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Make a #gamergate thread in Games, then gas it after a page and permaban everyone who posted

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
its getting a little pathetic Excels.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Elliotw2 posted:

Dude you can't make a FOIA request about someone else's private information, including if they called in death threats or not.

police reports are available to the public.

CharlestheHammer posted:

ok

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Excels posted:

Why don't you go whine to reddit about it?

The FOIA applies specifically to the executive branch of the federal government. Guess what police reports don't fall under? And before you say "well, the FBI is under the DOJ which is an executive agency", well, that's true, and the Act has a specific exemption for information compiled for law enforcement purposes, which does not have to be disclosed given certain provisions, including that "the production of such law enforcement records or information ... could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy". I think the entire harassment campaign against Anita falls under that particular clause.

e: Police reports may or may not be available to the public depending on jurisdiction and status of investigation, and in any case they're not gonna just give the records to any schlub who walks in off the street. Normally the names of people involved in an ongoing investigation are not just handed out freely by the police. Anyway this is loving pathetic and a FOIA request is exactly the kind of stupid poo poo a "thinks he's smarter than he actually is" reddit dweeb would think was necessary to find one.

venus de lmao has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Sep 12, 2014

Wendell
May 11, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

More than a little.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

sorry go back to making posts about 9/11

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Excels posted:

sorry go back to making posts about 9/11

stop posting

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

okay

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The video game world is the best its been in years. There's nothing to worry about, guys and gals.

CrowsNestMutineer
Mar 9, 2009

* Juciano makes the best damned Caesar dressing I've ever tasted in my life.

As conspiracy theories go, at least this one is a lot more grounded in reality than the "there were no planes" Truther nuttiness. Is it really impossible to believe that Cheney, Rumsfeld and other PNAC-affiliated parties could have considered the Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US memo and deliberately chosen not to act on available intelligence, based on a belief that an attack on US soil would turn public opinion in the administration's favor, grant them more influence over federal policy, and make it easier to siphon funds to the defense and energy industries, in which they possessed a significant financial interest?

It all depends on how evil you believe humans can be. At least this theory doesn't violate any laws of thermodynamics, and there's not a single lizard person in sight.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

As conspiracy theories go, at least this one is a lot more grounded in reality than the "there were no planes" Truther nuttiness. Is it really impossible to believe that Cheney, Rumsfeld and other PNAC-affiliated parties could have considered the Bin Laden Determined To Strike in US memo and deliberately chosen not to act on available intelligence, based on a belief that an attack on US soil would turn public opinion in the administration's favor, grant them more influence over federal policy, and make it easier to siphon funds to the defense and energy industries, in which they possessed a significant financial interest?

It all depends on how evil you believe humans can be. At least this theory doesn't violate any laws of thermodynamics, and there's not a single lizard person in sight.

Always nice to see this in the wild.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Crossposting from d&d. ISIS: probably doesn't exist. Videos fake as gently caress

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

RareAcumen posted:

The video game world is the best its been in years. There's nothing to worry about, guys and gals.

Phew, that's a load off my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

One of these guys lives in the US, and the other lives in India.

• Locked thread