Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syenite
Jun 21, 2011
Grimey Drawer
David Productions will shut down unexpectedly during the break and more Jojo's will never be animated again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In that case people can just watch the first 90's OVA to finish off the story. :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I think the break is three months, right?

Shukaro posted:

David Productions will shut down unexpectedly during the break and more Jojo's will never be animated again.

I'm actually pretty worried this might happen when/if they animate Part IV considering it's apparently not all that popular in Japan.

Sakurazuka posted:

In that case people can just watch the first 90's OVA to finish off the story. :v:

Even though it only has, like, four of the many fights from Egypt animated.

Kubla Khan
Jun 20, 2014
Is there something similar out there with a similar, super-colorful and crazy animation style? Is other stuff by David Productions worth checking out?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Or you can support the English release, you nerds.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Kubla Khan posted:

Is there something similar out there with a similar, super-colorful and crazy animation style? Is other stuff by David Productions worth checking out?

HxH I guess? But you should totally watch Level E because that show owns and David Production owns.

Sakurazuka posted:

Beef Waifu posted:

Or you can support the English release, you nerds.

Also this you fuckin dorks.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kubla Khan posted:

Anime is bad, except for Jojo and Space Dandy.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kubla Khan posted:

Gatchaman Crowds is colorful and pretty stylish, if not to the level of Battle Tendency. It's also just really good in general. If you watch it, make sure you also watch episode 13/episode 12 director's cut, which is a combination of episode 12 (the last in the tv run) and new footage.

Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is stylish on the level of Battle Tendency and is also really good.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I don't think it's that huge, it's mostly an anime and Japanese video game thing.

I dunno, there's a comic where The Incredible Hulk wears a costume that is basically the exact same as DIO's stand as an homage.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Pomp posted:

Anime is bad, except for Jojo and Space Dandy.

And Cromartie. Can't forget Cromartie.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I am fully expecting a "You were expecting Friday, but it was me, Dio" at some point.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I am fully expecting a "You were expecting Friday, but it was me, Dio" at some point.

That's for if the second half airs on a day other than Friday.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

If I was any good, I'd have made one of those recursive gifs of the panel zooming out.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

That's next week.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm going to watch today's episode on a phone on a train

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
How are the DVD/BD numbers looking for the Stardust Crusaders season, anyway? I'm curious about the overall prognosis of getting more after it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
wrong thread.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Good episode, now the wait begins. :negative:

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
A surprisingly good mashup of the Pillar Men theme to ease the wait...

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1G-xSe-90 Everybody knows this is the best Pillar Men video

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The wait until January is going to be intense

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

Zorak posted:

How are the DVD/BD numbers looking for the Stardust Crusaders season, anyway? I'm curious about the overall prognosis of getting more after it.

They're alright like 10k/vol I think. Oricon and poo poo doesn't even count imports anymore so they might be better than actually reported.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

quote:

Due to production issues, episode 24 will be delayed till late night PST. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

SON OF A BITCH!

EDIT: Yes I just installed the Japanese keyboard pack for my phone. :lol:

Edward IV fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 12, 2014

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
OH  MY  GOD

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
At least I can go to sleep early.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

OH MY GOD, CR! Where the hell is it??!

edit: It's coming later tonight :( but news of JoJo Egypt arc starting back up in Jan: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-09-12/jojo-bizarre-adventure-egypt-arc-to-premiere-in-january/.78712

Housh fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 12, 2014

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just cause you can't wait for JoJo, that don't make you a ho, no.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Oh what the gently caress, Im raging. I thought an anime season was 26 episodes, I figured we get to see one more fight.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So which physical volume do I buy to continue the series? (YES, I KNOW I HAVE TO BUY ALL OF THEM BUT I NEED MONEY FOR FOOD TOO).

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

BambooEarpick posted:

So which physical volume do I buy to continue the series? (YES, I KNOW I HAVE TO BUY ALL OF THEM BUT I NEED MONEY FOR FOOD TOO).

Sustain yourself off of the rich and thick narrative of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

For real though, Volume 8 is where you want to start.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Such a shame. They didn't use Midler's appearance that Araki made for the game, after all.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Aww nuts. That would be one of those retcons where nothing is really lost from including. Like giving Jonathan and Joseph the birthmark in season 1 when Araki didn't make that a thing till Stardust Crusaders.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Such a shame. They didn't use Midler's appearance that Araki made for the game, after all.

Really? That sucks. I'm guessing it's a copyright issue with Capcom?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Really? That sucks. I'm guessing it's a copyright issue with Capcom?

Capcom is REALLY BAD at working out agreeable deals with their character designers, much less actually having a stake in the characters. Doubt there'd be a copyright issue.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They used Heritage stuff in ASB no problem, I guess Araki or David didn't give a poo poo about ticking that particular checkbox.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
I mean, I haven't watched the episode yet but thinking about how it was done in the manga, there's not really much of an opportunity to show her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

quakster posted:

They used Heritage stuff in ASB no problem, I guess Araki or David didn't give a poo poo about ticking that particular checkbox.

Seeing her as a person kind of ruins the fight's ultimate joke though. It would make more sense to show her in a lineup of people they beat before the final fight. If it's done at all.

• Locked thread