Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Sandweed posted:

1000 hours inn I still haven't seen the harvester "escape" mission.

Why do you have 1000 hours in this terrible game?

I'm sorry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I've been attacked by stalker and G3 and BOTH TIMES it bugged out and the boss didn't show up, so all that happened was the mission became unwinnable.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EroticBlacksmith posted:

This is a bug, not a decision. They've fixed it a couple times before, but it seems to keep cropping up.

Really? I could've *sworn* it was intentional. It's telling when the bugs are indistinguishable from features.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Really? I could've *sworn* it was intentional. It's telling when the bugs are indistinguishable from features.

That would be too stupid, even for DE.

Anyway, I've fought G3 and Stalker multiple times but have never fought the thing that corpus send after you. Does it drop anything good?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Clocks posted:

That would be too stupid, even for DE.

Anyway, I've fought G3 and Stalker multiple times but have never fought the thing that corpus send after you. Does it drop anything good?

It drops a radiation based hand Cannon, it's pretty cool but it's not a brakk.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The Detron is okay if you don't have the Brakk. If you already have the Brakk, don't worry about getting it. It's nice for Mastery, but :effort:

Kuromyneko
Aug 21, 2014

Kuro neko

Clocks posted:

I totally recommend checking it out again. I've quit and come back to it multiple times. The great thing is by the time you decide to check it out again, there are usually new frames, new weapons, new tilesets, new god-knows-what to figure out and do. Like, yeah, go get yourself a kubrow, build a new frame, maybe potato & forma a new weapon -- and once you get bored, just put it away and come back in another large update or two.

For example, next update there's going to be some kind of jetpack-flying-in-space mission type. Why not, right.

Sounds like a plan! :)

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
My stalker mark will not go away, he has attacked me seven or eight times in the past few days. Most of these I die because I am leveling frames and guns. Both times he has been killed by the pubbies I was with(oxium farming while not bad on the mobile def on europa is still fairly boring) he dropped nothing. I really want this mark to go away and let me be for at least a few days. Pubbies keep spawning G3 while on missions and getting they never seem to drop poo poo either. I currently have Stalker, G3 and Harvester marks and the last two never show up for me so I just end up fighting them as a surprise present from whatever group I am doing missions with.

But on to more interesting things, is there a reason no one ever looks for parkour rooms in Void missions? I have found like 1 or two while solo running exterminates and they seem kinda cool.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

xyigx posted:

My stalker mark will not go away, he has attacked me seven or eight times in the past few days.
You can have multiple stalker marks, one for each boss. So, for example, if you kill Vor, Ruk, and Phorid, you'll have three marks. You will only ever have one mark for each boss, so if the stalker comes after you and hassles you about killing Ruk, killing (or being killed by) him will reset your Ruk mark, but you'll still have the Vor and Phorid marks. Still, it's pretty easy to rack up a lot of stalker marks if you've been grinding out various frame blueprints or resources.

The fact that you can have multiple stalker marks also means he tends to show up way more often than G3 or the harvester.

Edit: I can go into how exactly the game decides when/what to send stalker/g3/harvester after you if anyone's interested.

xyigx posted:

But on to more interesting things, is there a reason no one ever looks for parkour rooms in Void missions? I have found like 1 or two while solo running exterminates and they seem kinda cool.
Aside from just being kinda neat/fun the first few times, there's not much of a point to them aside from the chance at a mod or two from the containers.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 12, 2014

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Is the guild still active? Might need to sign up again because Oro tower runs a lot of fun. I did the 3 corrupted mod missions and they were pretty boring.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Helter Skelter posted:

You can have multiple stalker marks, one for each boss. So, for example, if you kill Vor, Ruk, and Phorid, you'll have three marks. You will only ever have one mark for each boss, so if the stalker comes after you and hassles you about killing Ruk, killing (or being killed by) him will reset your Ruk mark, but you'll still have the Vor and Phorid marks. Still, it's pretty easy to rack up a lot of stalker marks if you've been grinding out various frame blueprints or resources.

The fact that you can have multiple stalker marks also means he tends to show up way more often than G3 or the harvester.

Edit: I can go into how exactly the game decides when/what to send stalker/g3/harvester after you if anyone's interested.

Aside from just being kinda neat/fun the first few times, there's not much of a point to them aside from the chance at a mod or two from the containers.

I have four stalker marks at the moment.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Void parkour rooms never spawn in exterminate.

EDIT: I'm always up for void loot rooms, it's free mods! Some mods only drop from pot mods.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

I have four stalker marks at the moment.

Can you see your marks now?

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Sep 12, 2014

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

I've got some questions, just getting back into this on a new guy;

1) Do certain mods only drop from certain bosses/areas? This applies to common stuff like serration etc, as well as the rarer ones.

2) What should I be using my fusion cores on? Currently just been dropping them into the shield/health mods, and the odd one into basic weapon damage stuff. I've leveled up my excalibur skills for the ones that matter.

3) For mods like +20% extra fire damage, do I need a basic fire damage mod for this to apply or am I just being retarded.

4) Is there a method to taking out shields/armor with certain weapons? Like fast firing is good against shields, big single hits for armor?

5) What the gently caress are some good weapons to aim for at 1st, using the braton, lex and cronus at the moment.

6) I like being very mobile, what not too difficult to farm for warframe could I go for next?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

Can you see your marks now?
Not directly, unless something changed and they hid it somewhere I haven't looked. Stalker will send you an email every time you earn a mark, though, and you can sort of keep track of them that way. You'll just have to remember which ones are actually active and which have been cleared, though.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mufasa Nigel posted:

I've got some questions, just getting back into this on a new guy;

1) Do certain mods only drop from certain bosses/areas? This applies to common stuff like serration etc, as well as the rarer ones.

2) What should I be using my fusion cores on? Currently just been dropping them into the shield/health mods, and the odd one into basic weapon damage stuff. I've leveled up my excalibur skills for the ones that matter.

3) For mods like +20% extra fire damage, do I need a basic fire damage mod for this to apply or am I just being retarded.

4) Is there a method to taking out shields/armor with certain weapons? Like fast firing is good against shields, big single hits for armor?

5) What the gently caress are some good weapons to aim for at 1st, using the braton, lex and cronus at the moment.

6) I like being very mobile, what not too difficult to farm for warframe could I go for next?

1: all mods drop from specific mobs, check the wiki for where.

2: level serration and hornet strike up first.

3: elemental damage is always better than the slash/impact/piercing dmg mods, just slap the elemental mods in there.

4: Not really, weapons with higher impact damage do good against shield, cold and magnetic is also good.

5: Boltor and Karak (or get a goon to give you the latron prime parts)

6: Loki

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Helter Skelter posted:

Not directly, unless something changed and they hid it somewhere I haven't looked. Stalker will send you an email every time you earn a mark, though, and you can sort of keep track of them that way. You'll just have to remember which ones are actually active and which have been cleared, though.

Yeah, I have like 4 emails from stalker lol and I am wondering if its bugged

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Yeah, I have like 4 emails from stalker lol and I am wondering if its bugged

Nope. He sends you a separate email for each boss you kill (and maybe each time you kill the same boss?).

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Sandweed posted:

3: elemental damage is always better than the slash/impact/piercing dmg mods, just slap the elemental mods in there.

The slash/impact/piercing mods for melee weapons are actually pretty good. So carve out a single exception for close combat weapons that deal almost all their damage as a single type.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

I know there are some clear bests for primaries, but what about melee weapons? Are there any that are far and away better than others, or is it more a season to taste kinda thing? I've been using an Orthos for the last week or so and I kinda never want to stop. The quick melee turns you into some horrible, unstoppable meat grinder. I don't even get hit in infested missions anymore, I just run around in wide circles spamming quick melee and watching the gibs fly.

EDIT: Oh my God it has a prime how did I not know this :swoon:

Too Shy Guy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Sep 12, 2014

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Zombie Samurai posted:

I know there are some clear bests for primaries, but what about melee weapons? Are there any that are far and away better than others, or is it more a season to taste kinda thing? I've been using an Orthos for the last week or so and I kinda never want to stop. The quick melee turns you into some horrible, unstoppable meat grinder. I don't even get hit in infested missions anymore, I just run around in wide circles spamming quick melee and watching the gibs fly.

Since I built my Nikana the game has turned from "third person shooter with melee" to "carve everything up and sometimes use a gun, if I feel like it I guess."

Now my problem is I'm still mastery 4 and would otherwise have everything I need for the Dragon Nikana...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Zombie Samurai posted:

There are certainly some clear leaders for melee weapons in terms of damage, but there's a lot of room for personal taste to play a role thanks to things like stances and the fact that some weapons/weapon types are better at coptering which is a big deal for folks who value mobility over damage.

In terms of straight damage, though, the top three are, in order: Dragon Nikana, Bo Prime, and Orthos Prime.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

Helter Skelter posted:

In terms of straight damage, though, the top three are, in order: Dragon Nikana, Bo Prime, and Orthos Prime.

Interesting. I started with the MK1 Bo, so I've stuck with heavier weapons (Amphis, Orthos) since then. I got a Dual Zoren blueprint for my login last night so I'll give them a try, but I think I'll work on getting a Nikana next. That and farming Orokin Cells.

In other news, my space doggie is just so drat happy to exist.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

hooah posted:

Nope. He sends you a separate email for each boss you kill (and maybe each time you kill the same boss?).

I was grinding Alad V (like 20 runs) and Ruk (like 10) so that's why I am a little unsure what's going on.

Zombie Samurai posted:

In other news, my space doggie is just so drat happy to exist.

:3: good doge

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

There are certainly some clear leaders for melee weapons in terms of damage, but there's a lot of room for personal taste to play a role thanks to things like stances and the fact that some weapons/weapon types are better at coptering which is a big deal for folks who value mobility over damage.

I believe if you have Crimson Dervish (which hopefully we all will later today) Dakra Prime shoots up to the top spot with the triple damage dealy.

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

I just got bolted by the G3 last night when they invaded a solo game I was playing as Loki. It was in the first minute, before I had enough energy, and I died in one melee hit after my invisibility ran out. What should I have done differently? Are their ranged attacks less of a damage spike than their melee? Are they hard to outrun?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sprecherscrow posted:

I believe if you have Crimson Dervish (which hopefully we all will later today) Dakra Prime shoots up to the top spot with the triple damage dealy.
Sure, but I'm just talking in general terms.

Skyscraper posted:

I just got bolted by the G3 last night when they invaded a solo game I was playing as Loki. It was in the first minute, before I had enough energy, and I died in one melee hit after my invisibility ran out. What should I have done differently? Are their ranged attacks less of a damage spike than their melee? Are they hard to outrun?
Depending on your gear, there may not have been much you could have done. That said, there are some things you can do that may help in the future:

1. Build some medium energy restores (pick up the blueprint in the energy lab in the dojo). They're just useful in general and if you're low on energy for whatever reason you can just pop one as soon as you know something's after you but before they actually spawn in and start chasing you.

2. Always keep at least one serious business gun handy. If I'm leveling a primary, I'll keep my tricked-out Brakk handy to dump into the Stalker should he decide to show up.

3. Depending on what frame you're playing, you may have abilities that trivialize the G3 to some degree. Loki's invis would have helped a bunch had you had the energy to keep it going.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

I killed the G3 with a single Blade Storm on a solo run. It was great, because I ended up getting the last Brakk part I needed. Ash is one of the premier solo frames, in my opinion. A maxed Vitality mod and Rage effectively makes him Valkyr with a decent lifestrike melee weapon build. Fleeting Expertise also helps, so you can spam Shuriken and make things bleed to death, removing the need for a Flow mod.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Sep 12, 2014

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Helter Skelter posted:

Sure, but I'm just talking in general terms.

Depending on your gear, there may not have been much you could have done. That said, there are some things you can do that may help in the future:

1. Build some medium energy restores (pick up the blueprint in the energy lab in the dojo). They're just useful in general and if you're low on energy for whatever reason you can just pop one as soon as you know something's after you but before they actually spawn in and start chasing you.

2. Always keep at least one serious business gun handy. If I'm leveling a primary, I'll keep my tricked-out Brakk handy to dump into the Stalker should he decide to show up.

3. Depending on what frame you're playing, you may have abilities that trivialize the G3 to some degree. Loki's invis would have helped a bunch had you had the energy to keep it going.

2. Ever since I got all three death marks I've been keeping my Latron Wraith handy, but I don't have enough in Serration for the best damage.

3 and 1: I'm kicking myself here for not having an energy restore. That's exactly what I needed, thanks!

As a side-note: What are the rules for attacking as invisible? I know my shots are silent and shooting doesn't break invis, but sometimes (not this fight) I see enemies firing at my position. Can they see me while I'm shooting, or are they using the AI equivalent of a hit location compass to shoot in my general area?

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Speaking of the assassins... Zanuka just intruded on my solo exterminate... thanks to Loki's invis I was able to safely pump him full of my magnetic boltor prime. Got the other piece of the Detron I needed too :D

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Skyscraper posted:

As a side-note: What are the rules for attacking as invisible? I know my shots are silent and shooting doesn't break invis, but sometimes (not this fight) I see enemies firing at my position. Can they see me while I'm shooting, or are they using the AI equivalent of a hit location compass to shoot in my general area?
They're doing the latter, and they actually can hear your shots. Enemies attack your last known position based on sound or sight. It's a recent change, because Invisibility used to be a "lost to all" button that immediately made enemies aggressive towards your teammates instead. It's a welcome change, because now I don't feel so much like a dick to my squad for turning it on before I take shotgun pellets to the face.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Sep 12, 2014

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Skyscraper posted:

They can hear your shots unless you have a silencer mod equipped on your weapon (which you shouldn't) or you're using a naturally silent weapon like a bow or kunai. If enemies know you're there they'll do their best to attack you even if they can't see you, but I'm not entirely sure how the AI tries to determine your position. Melee gets the most benefit from invisibility because melee attacks are always silent (maybe there are a few odd exceptions, I couldn't say) and you get a 4x damage bonus against enemies that can't see you (which also applies to blinded enemies if you're not invisible).

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Oh! Thanks everyone. I thought I had read on the wiki that Invis also silenced the player without the use of a silent weapon, but I see now that it doesn't. I guess the key is to keep moving, or keep getting quick melee kills.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Are goons still playing this game? Is the guild still active? I like playing games with goons!

Need something to get the taste of MWO out of my mouth.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

paragon1 posted:

Are goons still playing this game? Is the guild still active? I like playing games with goons!

Need something to get the taste of MWO out of my mouth.

PC side is super active, I see goons putting out calls for towers late into the night. I've gotten a lot of help on my way up.

I realized this game only needs one more thing to be perfect. Party hat cosmetics for your kubrow on its birthday. :toot:

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Zombie Samurai posted:

PC side is super active, I see goons putting out calls for towers late into the night. I've gotten a lot of help on my way up.

I realized this game only needs one more thing to be perfect. Party hat cosmetics for your kubrow on its birthday. :toot:

Also a doggy space suit with bubble helm and all for the next major update so he can fly with you. That and the ability to change his size so I can have space Boston VIP dog.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

xyigx posted:

Also a doggy space suit with bubble helm and all for the next major update so he can fly with you. That and the ability to change his size so I can have space Boston VIP dog.

Only way to change dog size is to keep breeding til you get a big one. Space puppy mills.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I wish breeding wasn't such a credit sink. It seems stupid that you have to pay to clear a spot if the dog isn't what you wanted.

Veritonsils
Sep 14, 2007

For. Eh. Ver.
A buddy introduced me to the parkour rooms in void missions. One of them started with a pit of death lasers that you had to dodge on the way down. Screaming all the way.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Mufasa Nigel posted:

Zephyr! Well, she's kind of a pain to farm for, but it happens passively while you're killing Corpus. Probably the most mobile frame in the game, and also pretty drat tanky. I don't bother slotting her 2, Dive Bomb, but I think the other skills are rock solid.

Unrelatedly, I've been running around with my Latron Wraith, and with a crit build it outdamages a crit-built Soma for boss killing. Just incredible. This is probably my new favorite gun - it plays like a semi-auto carbine with reasonable accuracy and incredible damage, and the sound effect is pretty awesome too.

Also, hey, you have my name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Joe Gillian posted:

I killed the G3 with a single Blade Storm on a solo run. It was great, because I ended up getting the last Brakk part I needed. Ash is one of the premier solo frames, in my opinion. A maxed Vitality mod and Rage effectively makes him Valkyr with a decent lifestrike melee weapon build. Fleeting Expertise also helps, so you can spam Shuriken and make things bleed to death, removing the need for a Flow mod.
There was a period of time where bladestorm was bugged to instakill the G3, they've since fixed it.