Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Ah, Daily Mail, Champions of good taste everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Keru posted:

Ah, Daily Mail, Champions of good taste everywhere.

Faaaairly certain that's Viz again

Warheart525
Jun 22, 2008

Ab-so-lutely!
I'm late to the zenpencils party, but I figured I'd post Kris Straub's response to the #hate comic

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Ariong posted:

It's an Ultimate Warrior memorial comic which has been edited so that every text box contains a horrible thing Warrior said.

Honestly, if I sustain so many repeated injuries as UW did, I can only hope to intelligibly say something which offends some people.

:ohdear: He probably offended a few of his homosexual Muslim fans, though.

LawfulWaffle posted:

Is this still the serious gaming discussion thread? I brought serious gaming comics to lighten the mood.

This is a drawback of hallucinogens and marijuana, as taught to me by my middle school's anti-drug agenda.

Also a mushroom is only the fruiting body of the fungus and the majority of the fungus lies below ground.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Suicide Sam E. posted:

:ohdear: He probably offended a few of his homosexual Muslim fans, though.

It's funny because wrestling is the homosexualistest type of performance art ever devised. As superstar Goldust once said, wrestling is gayer than some gay sex.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Also a mushroom is only the fruiting body of the fungus and the majority of the fungus lies below ground.

We are everywhere Mario.

Everywhere.

everywhere

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rigged Death Trap posted:

We are everywhere Mario.

Everywhere.

everywhere

They really are.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Largest_organisms#Fungi

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

I'm not sure how to feel about 3 of these panels, 1 angers me, and the other 2 don't make the kind of sense I think he was going for.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Arx Monolith posted:

I'm not sure how to feel about 3 of these panels, 1 angers me, and the other 2 don't make the kind of sense I think he was going for.

It's pretty obviously a parody of all the trite "Calvin as a grown-up" comics on the internet. How do they not make sense in that context? (well I guess the third panel is just filler.)

????????????
???

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Count Uvula posted:

It's pretty obviously a parody of all the trite "Calvin as a grown-up" comics on the internet. How do they not make sense in that context? (well I guess the third panel is just filler.)

????????????
???

Well, the third panel helps to continue the escalating amount of tears in every panel. First no tears, then one, then many, then the family's crying, then the gravestone and T-Rex are too, then Lady Liberty, Calvin, Hobbes, and the Chevy logo are all spilling a halo of tears and maybe piss too.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

I Before E posted:

Well, the third panel helps to continue the escalating amount of tears in every panel. First no tears, then one, then many, then the family's crying, then the gravestone and T-Rex are too, then Lady Liberty, Calvin, Hobbes, and the Chevy logo are all spilling a halo of tears and maybe piss too.

Given that in the last panel Calvin is relieving himself and the "tears" are everywhere, I think it is more likely they represent urine and/or bladder sensations. This also explains escalating amount in each panel.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Come on, it's obviously Calvin mourning the death of his author, I don't know why you're bothering to interpret it any other way

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sentient Data posted:

Come on, it's obviously Calvin mourning the death of his author, I don't know why you're bothering to interpret it any other way

Bill Watterson isn't dead.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

You missed the comment underneath, which really puts a bow on the whole thing.

Chainsaw Suit posted:

(between sobs) miss wormwood bequeaths the school to hobbes, who (sputtering, crying) turns it into a foster home for orphaned f-4 phantoms i don’t have enough flying tear symbols in the world to show how beautiful this is and what a fitting real ending to calvin and hobbes this is

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Bill Watterson isn't dead.

I think that was a joke on the way goons love to champion the "death of the author" school of artistic interpretation, wherein what the author may or may not have intended to do with the art means absolutely nothing to the interpreter. This is usually an approach used to justify psychoanalyzing the creator(s) from an "objective" vantage point rather than just admit they want to be nasty to an artist, or less commonly a way to interpret art that doesn't require any external research on the part of the consumer because "objectivity."

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

mind the walrus posted:

I think that was a joke on the way goons love to champion the "death of the author" school of artistic interpretation, wherein what the author may or may not have intended to do with the art means absolutely nothing to the interpreter. This is usually an approach used to justify psychoanalyzing the creator(s) from an "objective" vantage point rather than just admit they want to be nasty to an artist, or less commonly a way to interpret art that doesn't require any external research on the part of the consumer because "objectivity."

No, I think Bill Waterson is dead

At least we'll have Richard Thompson for a good long time

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

mind the walrus posted:

Show me on the doll where the literary critic touched you.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

sassassin posted:

Show me on the doll where the literary critic touched you.

:jerkbag:

Farecoal has a new favorite as of 14:52 on Sep 11, 2014

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

"Heh. Emotions." - Kris Schwab

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ryonguy posted:

"Heh. Autists' emotions." - Kris Schwab

DoctorPresident
Jul 21, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

You dense moterfucker (s)

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

mind the walrus posted:

I think that was a joke on the way goons love to champion the "death of the author" school of artistic interpretation, wherein what the author may or may not have intended to do with the art means absolutely nothing to the interpreter.

If there's one thing goons can get into huge arguments about at the drop of a hat, it's DotA. No forum is safe.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
edit: eh, needlessly antagonistic.

ryonguy has a new favorite as of 20:35 on Sep 11, 2014

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

that could've only been better if it were posted today

:911:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

New Steve Lichman

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I feel sorry for that werewolf.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
You shouldn't...he's friends with Steve, who's a total dork.

And have you seen Stacey? Total dog.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

oldpainless posted:

He's a gnoll. Please, be more culturally sensitive.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

oldpainless posted:

He should be happy to re-roll. Have you looked at gnolls? -2 skill penalties almost all across the board. I guess one of their racial features is ineptitude?

Also, I think they only live around 20 or 30 years, so after 10 years of working there he probably had one foot in the grave already.
:eng101:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
And now he'll never work again... Poor Jason :smith:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yes! A new Steve Lichman! Oh... Oh no.

He didn't even get a punch line. :smith:

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

literally read this while horking down a 3rd jack in the box taco so i guess chalk that up for another "sympathizes and finds it funny"

also yay new steve lichman :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I

• Locked thread