Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

Kuvo posted:

In retrospect I don't think the Symphonia, MGS4 or Fallout NV LPs are that good :shrug:

How does it feel being so wrong about things

I mean I'll concede MGS4 was eh but Symphonia and F:NV were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Kuvo posted:

In retrospect I don't think the Symphonia, MGS4 or Fallout NV LPs are that good :shrug:

This is good though

Haven't watched the first two, but the ending to the New Vegas episode with the Solar Tower had me laughing to tears.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
I will defend Tipping 40's to the death. My favorite lets play group ever.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Yeah I miss those guys. Can only watch those grab bags so many times. GET BACK TOGETHER YOU BUMS

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Anyone know of good Phoenix Wright LPs?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
If you have archives, Hello Winter made a really good one up to the fourth case of the first game before it died. Unfortunately it never got completed.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Has anyone given any playtime to Frozen Synapse? I can't really look around for one at work, but that game piqued my interest this morning as a game to watch (because I love watching tactics/strategy games play out but am loving rubbish at actually playing them).

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Are there any decent Dark Souls 2 LP's floating about? I'm watching Iggy Igsen's current LP I feel like watching another. Ideally an informative one similar to his.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm absolutely loving Zorak's Endless Ocean: Blue World LP and I've blitzed through twenty five episodes already in a week. The banter is always humorous and frequently hilarious. It's also very educational even beyond sea life, a lot of the summaries are very informative without being complex, these guys know their stuff. Also it's a nice game to look at while Zorak's exploring the various sea floors too.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516951

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'd like to recommend 007: Agent Under Fire by ThornBrain. Even if you don't know anything about James Bond, this LP is worth the watch. Goofy AI, great commentary and a good presentation, its great for a laugh at how over the top it gets.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Migeman posted:

Are there any decent Dark Souls 2 LP's floating about? I'm watching Iggy Igsen's current LP I feel like watching another. Ideally an informative one similar to his.

Outside of SA, there's EpicNameBro who was part of the team that wrote the guide although warning that he doesn't do everything and isn't touching the DLC for a long time.

I would avoid TheGermanSpy if you don't want one of the many LP's that constantly complain about DS2 compared to DS1 and Demon Souls (he also wrote part of the guide, yet doesn't know basic mechanics of the game somehow).

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Tae posted:

Outside of SA, there's EpicNameBro who was part of the team that wrote the guide although warning that he doesn't do everything and isn't touching the DLC for a long time.
EpicNameBro's LP started off really well and was full of cool information, secrets, lore, and strategy. I really liked it. As the LP goes on he clearly loses interest in it but keeps making episodes anyway. It gets to the point where he just starts running through areas and skipping all the content and reaching the bosses as quickly as possible. You can see the decline start when he flat out states that he's no longer doing a "walk through" and it only gets worse from there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The quality of the walkthrough became less because of outside circumstances involving his financial issues (and I think there was a 2 month break between videos at one point). He did state he was burnt out on DS2, but that was because he worked on the guide, he still likes the game unlike basically every other LPer that played DS1 and Demon Souls prior.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
The main problem I have with Epic Name Bro is that he can't hold a train of thought for longer than five seconds before getting distracted when doing live commentary and yet thinks his live commentary flows better. It's basically "I have something interesting to say but here's that thing you don't care about instead. So that thing you don't care about is done? Okay cool, so about that interesting thing, no wait there's this other thing you don't care about I might as well not talk about at all coming up, let me discuss that in detail and then trail off and never mention that cool sounding thing again"
The above simply makes his vids unbearable to watch for me.

Highest chance of someone else making a decent more informative LP is whenever the next Dark Souls II LP starts here. I was kinda expecting more people than just me starting one up but aside from one guy in the Sandcastle who apparently decided not to do it after all for some reason I didn't see anything of the sort. I'd watch a well made one and wouldn't mind someone else doing one at the same time as mine.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 12, 2014

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Well on that note I'd like to recommend the current SL1 Boss Guide that Edo Animus is doing: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlti6Rq4bwplcBKBxE7epUOQcVYvHlH7-

Even though it's not the entire game, it's still an informative and entertaining mini-LP for the game to tide people over.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I was kinda expecting more people than just me starting one up but aside from one guy in the Sandcastle who apparently decided not to do it after all for some reason I didn't see anything of the sort.

That was actually all just an elaborate ruse to get people to watch an LP of the Angry Birds RPG.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
I've tried watching Epic Name Bro but he keeps doing either live stuff or using facecam for no reason, it's actually really annoying.

I will give that playlist a watch Niggurath thanks.

I have found it hard to find any decent DS2 LPs so many shouty and blind ones. I was enjoying up until a few days ago WingsofRedemptions DS2 LP he was doing, he was doing it live but he was pretty knowledgeable about the game and bosses, but now he's all depressed again and has stopped uploading.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Blind Sally posted:

That was actually all just an elaborate ruse to get people to watch an LP of the Angry Birds RPG.

Naw, there was another guy who was doing co-commentary with some buddy of his. Needed work but could have become good.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Have any of the Suikoden games been video LP'd that are good?

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

It looks like all the video links in the Daikatana LP recommended in the OP are broken :[.

E: Nevermind, found the archive link.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

pokie posted:

It looks like all the video links in the Daikatana LP recommended in the OP are broken :[.

E: Nevermind, found the archive link.

You're not the first to have that problem. We should try to find another solution one of these days.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
So are you guys looking for an informative and heartfelt look at Sonic 2006? I know I am and that's why I appreciate the new LP going on for the game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903

It shows off the sweet tips and tricks that I'm sorely lacking since my Gamepro subscriptions ran out.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 14, 2014

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Niggurath posted:

So are you guys looking for an informative and heartfelt look at Sonic 2006? I know I am and that's why I appreciate the new LP going on for the game: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903

It shows off the sweet tips and tricks that I'm sorely lacking since my Gamepro subscriptions ran out.

I'm going to second this. I'm one of those people who re-watches the infamous marathon LP from pokecapn and friends every year or so, and it's pretty neat to see how a not-blind run works and the developers intended the game to be pla-pfftahahahaha I'm not kidding anyone. The game is still poo poo and most of the fun is watching how to completely circumvent Sonic 2006's bullshit.

SWMadness fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 14, 2014

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Niggurath posted:

MassRafter and Hulkamatt have a great rapport and are pretty drat funny too. Check this out.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Is there a good LP of Among the Sleep? I really want to see what it's about but I'm terrible with horror games.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Sociopastry posted:

Is there a good LP of Among the Sleep? I really want to see what it's about but I'm terrible with horror games.

Skippy Granola did a stream of the game and it is on his Youtube.

Find it here

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Cheers! Love Skippygranola. He's a hella cool guy and he's so relentlessly cheerful it's hard not to enjoy his LPs.

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

David D. Davidson posted:

You're not the first to have that problem. We should try to find another solution one of these days.

Putting a warning in the OP would be nice. I discovered the solution by reading a few posts down the thread, so it was totally my bad, but still.

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

pokie posted:

Putting a warning in the OP would be nice. I discovered the solution by reading a few posts down the thread, so it was totally my bad, but still.

It's been in the OP from the start.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Anyone know any good Tomba! 2 LP's? I'd also be fine with the original, but I haven't played that one, so I'm more interested in 2.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

pokie posted:

Like this?

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already.:siren::siren::siren::siren: Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

Geop pls change the formatting to this tia

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Nihilarian posted:

Anyone know any good Tomba! 2 LP's? I'd also be fine with the original, but I haven't played that one, so I'm more interested in 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1N6lfZp2g There ya go. The commentary is excellent.

Mico
Jan 29, 2011

A billion dollars.

judge reinhold posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow1N6lfZp2g There ya go. The commentary is excellent.

I knew what this was before I even clicked on it.

Thank you for the list of evil pigs in video games, judge.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

judge reinhold posted:

Haha, I remember wondering about that round cog. Thanks for the recommendation!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Does anyone know of a really good/entertaining Video (screenshot LP is fine if there's no alternative) LP of BG1 or 2? I can't access the LPArchive for some reason so a link to youtube or the SA thread would be appreciated.

edit: digging around the forum led me to Mzbundifund's LP which looks good. I would still like to find a BG2 LP though.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Sep 15, 2014

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there a tutorial style LP for X3 Megaman games are all the show up in the archive, and I'm looking to buy X3 but I want to know how to play it first.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Does anyone know of a really good/entertaining Video (screenshot LP is fine if there's no alternative) LP of BG1 or 2? I can't access the LPArchive for some reason so a link to youtube or the SA thread would be appreciated.

edit: digging around the forum led me to Mzbundifund's LP which looks good. I would still like to find a BG2 LP though.

The tipping forties did on and it is on youtube if you search

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Turtlicious posted:

Is there a tutorial style LP for X3 Megaman games are all the show up in the archive, and I'm looking to buy X3 but I want to know how to play it first.

Do you mean just X3 or all the X games? If you know how to play MMX you'll know how to play X3. If you haven't played MMX I recommend just playing that because the first level teaches you 95% of the mechanics. Most of the content in the games can be found easily (minus just a couple secrets) without a guide.

Herr Tog posted:

The tipping forties did on and it is on youtube if you search

Maybe I just suck at searching but I can't find it on their channel or mirrored somewhere on youtube. Did they user another handle besides tippingforties ?

edit: I asked one of them on Twitter if they did bg1 or 2 and he said no. too bad :(

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 16, 2014

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I've been looking for a LP of Silent Hill 3 that I can't seem to find on the master list. The LPer was most likely playing the PC version because some bonus videos used a free camera mode to show textures and little details. I also remember him constantly switching costumes over the course of the playthrough.

edit: Whoops! I think I just found it. He had a meltdown, apparently, and all the videos are gone.

Well, if anybody knows some other Silent Hill LP that shows the environment in more detail I'd really appreciate it.

And More fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
Are there any good 100%/Completionist FFVII LPs?

I just watched a speed run (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI_hz4Qo140) and now I've got the need. The need for nostalgia.