Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"What we’re most excited about at Bosa False Creek is the introduction of our BosaEQUITY™ program. BosaEQUITY™ is the first program of its kind; an innovative concept that’s geared to help tenants become homeowners.
Rent an apartment at Bosa False Creek and each month 15% of your rent is placed in a BosaEQUITY credit account towards a downpayment in a future Bosa Properties or BlueSky Properties home, to a maximum of 3% of the value of the home.*
"

"Bosa has come out with an absolutely BRILLIANT home selling tactic by giving individuals who rent in their rental projects an equity in the purchase of a Bosa condo."

gently caress was already posted a page ago. I just find it funny because on my local city forums everyone's saying it's such an amazing idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I really hope this Bosa scam takes off.

We need a new contemporary Great Depression to traumatize an entire generation into financial literacy.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like that they're selling it that part of your rent is just going into a totally free rewards program, rather than them obviously jacking the rents up 15% (or more) to force you to pay into a fund that can only be spent on buying one of their condos.

Bosa though is trying to build a really modest apartment building here in Victoria, but it's next to some hippie houses that do "urban farming" (ie letting 90% of an empty lot sit over-grown and covered in garbage but sometimes they plant a potato or two) and they managed to get a loving picket line and start a petition. I've never seen such levels of NIMBYism, even in Victoria. They're framing it all from social-justice angles which is hilarious because it's a bunch of homeowners upset their view will be blocked by some rentals.

They're also saying the small grocery store in the podium is a "BIG BOX" store. They also say it's "out of scale" for the neighbourhood. It's 4 stories on one side, 8 on the other. It's neighbours are a 4 story apartment and some 2.5 story houses on one side and an 11 story building on the other. Bosa seems like a scummy developer but the building its self seems fine and the resistance to it is really weird and embarrassing.

Apparently the residents want only 2-3 story town-houses and retail that is tiny and reserved for LOCAL businesses only.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 12, 2014

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
Just remember that Bosa is of the same cut as MAC Marketing which took its two marketing drones to try and say that Chinese New Year is a hot time to buy property if you're visiting from China.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

triplexpac posted:

The housing market is confusing. The Fincial Post these two headlines running:

Canada housing market shows no sign of slowing as prices rise for 9th month (Sept 12)

Canada housing starts cool in August, seen slowing further (Sept 9)

Starts tapering off is a leading indicator for stagnation or declines in home prices. Similarly, a lot of starts usually precede upward movement in prices.

Or to put it another way, the canary in the coal mine is coughing and choking.

Mexplosivo posted:

All the "Canada's robust banking system" headlines that came out during 08/09 certainly helped in reinforcing the new-found Canadian smugness. To this day you're still getting the "We're not the US guy, we don't have sub-prime :smug:" reasoning. I still haven't gotten an acceptable response (imo) to my next question: "What about Spain? Ireland? France? Italy? UK?... They didn't have sub-prime, are you like any of those?"

And subprime is just an industry term for "lending to people who we normally wouldn't lend to." Guess what we Americans would classify all this no-doc and low-doc poo poo in Canada (hint: it wouldn't be classified as prime :ssh: )

axeil fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Sep 12, 2014

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
Meanwhile in Australia.

Two and a half million dollars:

Three point eight million dollars:

(sold at auction for $760,000 over the reserve price, equivalent to about $5,500/m², or $510/ft²)

I like this thread since it's basically like reading about the Australian housing market with the names changed. We both rode the resources and immigration rollercoaster up, and by god we're going to Themla and Louise this motherfucker over the cliff together, too.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Between the long histories of the mistreatment of our respective aboriginal poples, the moral panics about the Yellow Invasion, and the constant pining for developing our northern frontiers, Australia and Canada really do have a lot in common.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mola Yam posted:

Meanwhile in Australia.

Two and a half million dollars:

Three point eight million dollars:

(sold at auction for $760,000 over the reserve price, equivalent to about $5,500/m², or $510/ft²)

I like this thread since it's basically like reading about the Australian housing market with the names changed. We both rode the resources and immigration rollercoaster up, and by god we're going to Themla and Louise this motherfucker over the cliff together, too.

Making so many of the same mistakes we are too. Hopefully that plan to let you guys use retirements funds as a down payment doesn't go anywhere.

Everyone looting their own retirement funds here is one of the more depressing aspects of our bubble.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dreylad posted:

Between the long histories of the mistreatment of our respective aboriginal poples, the moral panics about the Yellow Invasion, and the constant pining for developing our northern frontiers, Australia and Canada really do have a lot in common.

Also deeply unpopular hyper-conservative governments bent on destroying both the economy and environment as quickly as possible before they're booted out. The whole "dredge the great barrier reef for coal ships!!" thing feel so similar to the BC pipeline issues.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/economy/canadians-are-feeling-the-financial-squeeze/article20501623/?click=sf_rob

quote:

Canadian workers are feeling pinched when it comes to their finances, with a growing number saying they are living paycheque to paycheque.

An annual survey of employees by the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) shows more people are overwhelmed by their debt, are saving less and would face real hardship if their paycheque was delayed by a single week.

“Even though the Canadian economy did well relative to other G7 countries in the past decade, many employed Canadians say they are having a difficult time making ends meet,” said Marie Lyne Dion, chair of the CPA, which is releasing the survey Wednesday.

Most of the survey’s measures of financial health have deteriorated this year, with more employed people planning on delaying retirement amid eroded savings.

And it’s not the only indicator to suggest households are getting squeezed. A separate Bank of Montreal poll released this week found a growing number of Canadians have only enough savings to cover one month or less in case of an emergency.

Subdued real wage growth and muted hiring have kept a lid on earnings. Meanwhile, house prices continue to climb and inflation has ticked above the 2-per-cent mark for four months in a row. And while consumers have kept spending this year, they appear to be running up debts to do so.

Just over half, or 51 per cent, of the 3,211 employees surveyed by the CPA said it would be tough to make ends meet if their paycheque was delayed by one week. That was up from an average of 49 per cent over the past three years. Those surveyed this year are also living closer to the edge, with more than one quarter of respondents saying they probably couldn’t pull together $2,000 in the next month if something urgent arose, such as a medical emergency.

More people reported they’re saving just 5 per cent or less of their pay, while of those trying to save, fewer said they’re actually able to do so. One of the reasons they can’t was increased spending, said Patrick Culhane, CPA president, with 44 per cent saying they’re spending all or more of their net pay on their children, home renovations and energy costs.

Canada’s most recent GDP data showed a slide in savings. The country’s household saving rate tumbled to 3.9 per cent in the second quarter – the lowest level since 2010 – from 5 per cent in the prior quarter as consumption grew at a faster rate than disposable income. (By contrast, in the early 1980s, the saving rate was above the 15-per-cent mark).

Drawing down on savings to support consumption “may boost GDP growth in the near term but it’s unsustainable – when rates move higher and crimp credit demand, real income growth will need to counteract the drag from higher rates,” said Emanuella Enenajor, senior Canada economist at Bank of America Merrill Lynch in a recent note.

The Bank of Canada, in its most recent monetary policy report, said risks around household imbalances are still “elevated.” Its financial system review showed the chief risks are in the housing market – with the threat of a sharp correction in house prices – along with household indebtedness, which leaves people vulnerable to a sudden job loss, or a sharp rise in interest rates.

More people – 39 per cent – said they feel overwhelmed by their level of debt, up from the average of 32 per cent in the past two years, the CPA survey showed. And 12 per cent of respondents said they don’t think they will ever be debt free.

Softer finances was causing more people to consider delaying retirement. Eight in ten, or 79 per cent, of respondents expected to delay retirement until age 60 or older, up from 70 per cent over the past three years. The top reason cited for why they were delaying was that employees aren’t able to save enough money.

When asked what the first step would be to improve their financial situation, the most common answer was to earn more. Spending less was the next most-frequent response.

tl;dr canadians are loving stupid and watch too much hgtv

on the left
Nov 2, 2013
I Am A Gigantic Piece Of Shit

Literally poo from a diseased human butt
Obviously these people living paycheck to paycheck need to use high leverage to participate in a thinly regulated investment opportunity.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

Strongest banking system in the world.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Articles like this really put my financial position in perspective :stonk:

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
FYI not having a single dollar worth of debt owns. gently caress home ownership, rent forever.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

EvilJoven posted:

FYI not having a single dollar worth of debt owns. gently caress home ownership, rent forever.

Yeah it sort of owns being debt free and also not having to visit home depot every few weeks/call a contractor to fix annoying house problems.

Also no more weeding the lawn, sealing the driveway or having to mow it during the summer.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

etalian posted:

Yeah it sort of owns being debt free and also not having to visit home depot every few weeks/call a contractor to fix annoying house problems.

Also no more weeding the lawn, sealing the driveway or having to mow it during the summer.

I'd hate to mow a driveway in the summer in addition to sealing it.

Ditto on this. I see home ownership as a way to shackle me. As it stands I'd like to be able to jump ship to Europe (dual nationalities) and not have to worry about the home I left behind.

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

melon cat fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 16, 2019

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'd love to own a home, but not for any financial reasons. I love mowing laws, building fences, improving poo poo. I have enough friends and family in trade to get free/cheap help with anything I can't do my self. I never want to move. Even if it worked out a little worse than renting I'd be all over a house. But right now it's not a "little worse" it's insanely worse, not worth the benefits. I mean when I bought my car, for some reason power locks were $2000 extra. I'd love power locks, but not at $2000 more. I think a lot of housing-literate people are in the same place, they want a house but not at the ridiculous premium vs renting.

We're paying about 1300 a month for rent, 900 a month for the car (which will go away next year), and about 150 more in misc utilities/telcom. If I could find a good house where we'd be spending under 2000 a month on the mortgage that would be manageable. Even if it's a soft landing/stagnated market that's ok, I don't mind losing a few percent on my "equity". But I'm not so loving stupid to buy something, even something I can afford, to see it's value drop 20% or more over my lifetime with it.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to own a house, too. I like doing poo poo like that.

What I don't like is being saddled with an increasingly unreasonable debt load in a society where the average person has steadily decreasing stability.

EDIT: renting a house (or in my case the main floor level of a 2 story duplex) is the best of both worlds. We get very few of the hassles of owning (like when the landlord had to spend 5 figures putting a roof on the place this spring) but we still get the benefits of living in a house; basement with our own laundry and wash basin, extra storage, a front lawn to BBQ in.

EvilJoven fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 14, 2014

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

OSI bean dip posted:

I'd hate to mow a driveway in the summer in addition to sealing it.

Ditto on this. I see home ownership as a way to shackle me. As it stands I'd like to be able to jump ship to Europe (dual nationalities) and not have to worry about the home I left behind.

Do it. I regret not doing this earlier in life. You'll pick up experience in a real economy that you'll never see in Vancouver (or anywhere else in Canada) that will make you much more marketable when you decide to come back to Canada.

Lexicon
Jul 29, 2003

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Cultural Imperial posted:

Do it. I regret not doing this earlier in life. You'll pick up experience in a real economy that you'll never see in Vancouver (or anywhere else in Canada) that will make you much more marketable when you decide to come back to Canada.

For sure. For anyone really serious about doing well in most careers (outside of a few, largely Toronto-based exceptions), it's foolish to remain in Canada, or God-forbid, Vancouver.

Which is not to say that everyone *should* leave, or that it's bad or neglectful if you don't. But if you're highly ambitious, and wondering about the paltry size of your paycheque or the scope of your opportunities, and still live in Canada – well, there's your answer.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It also makes sense to rent for a year or 2 if you relocate to a new area.

Helps you test the water in terms of the job being a good match and also gives you more time to find out which areas fit you better if you do decide to buy a place.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Is it feasible to rent a decent place in Toronto without having a roommate/significant other living with you? The prices are loving insane. For it to get even close to reasonable I need to live somewhere on Parliament and Wellesley or on Jane Street. Unless you make 60k+ I can't see how the numbers make sense.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Kraftwerk posted:

Is it feasible to rent a decent place in Toronto without having a roommate/significant other living with you? The prices are loving insane. For it to get even close to reasonable I need to live somewhere on Parliament and Wellesley or on Jane Street. Unless you make 60k+ I can't see how the numbers make sense.

Yeah the rents according to places like Numbeo around around $1400-$1600 meaning you need a pretty high paying job to have your own place.

It's the other dumb aspect of the bubble since you need more long lasting durable rental properties but instead are getting piles of more speculative properties like condo complexes.

But but more condos means you can have more rental supply due to investor properties but the reality is even a condo investment property is renting for much higher than similar rental complex.

http://www.thegridto.com/life/real-estate/no-vacancy/

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Strongest banking system in the world. Then envy of the g8.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
There are multiple "alternative financial organizations" that will also finance your mortgage down payment so you can effectively buy a house with 0% down.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Ain't that the truth. Can't wait till money mart starts offering bridge funding for people who can't make their monthly payment.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.bcbusiness.ca/people/canadas-new-startup-visa-finally-handed-out

quote:

A year after its announcement, the government begins offering permanent residency to foreign entrepreneurs selected by designated investors

Minister Chris Alexander was all smiles Wednesday as he welcomed the first two successful ‘start-up’ visa applicants, accepted under a program that grants immediate permanent residency to immigrants selected by designated investors.

The program, first announced in 2012, is open to foreign entrepreneurs who are able to secure funding from specified venture capitalists, early stage investors, or business development programs, like Growlab. Applicants must also meet certain language and education requirements.

Stanislav Korsei and Alexander Zadorozhniy, founders of Zeetl, an online customer service application that allows companies to engage with customers via social media, are the first to make it through the visa process. Both Ukrainian citizens, the duo participated in Growlab’s three-month mentorship and business development program last fall.

Tech-sector investors lobbied hard for the program, aimed in part at foreign entrepreneurs and high-skilled workers currently in the U.S. on temporary visas. “The [program] enables talented foreign entrepreneurs like Stanislav and Oleksandr to grow their businesses,” said Jonathan Bixby, executive director at Growlab.

The government, which began accepting applications for the program in April 2013, launched the new class of visa targeting skilled foreign entrepreneurs in the hopes of making Canada a hub for innovative early-stage companies.

As a pre-condition for applying, immigrant entrepreneurs must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 from one of the designated VC funds, or a minimum $75,000 investment from one of three angel-investor groups.

Hey you know who else has an investor visa? America.

Nice job Chris 'child molester' Alexander.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

http://www.bcbusiness.ca/people/canadas-new-startup-visa-finally-handed-out

Hey you know who else has an investor visa? America.

Nice job Chris 'child molester' Alexander.

So I take the Vancouver bay area knock-off scheme is a great success?

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kraftwerk posted:

The only way that you'd be able to do this is to find a shoebox-sized bachelor apartment. Have you considered the Yonge & Eglinton area? I know that it's not in the neigbourhood you specified, but it's very close to the subway line, and there's plenty of smaller bachelor apartments there for half-decent rental rates.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

etalian posted:

So I take the Vancouver bay area knock-off scheme is a great success?

If by great success you mean it's creating a shitload of jobs that pay approximately half of what they'd pay in the bay area then yes you're correct.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If by great success you mean it's creating a shitload of jobs that pay approximately half of what they'd pay in the bay area then yes you're correct.

Vancouver is basically tech industry halfway house.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

etalian posted:

Vancouver is basically tech industry halfway house.

I've coined the term "Bangalore North", which I use to troll friends and family.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Had dinner with the in-laws and was asked by them why my partner and I haven't bought a house yet. Mother-in-law is palpably autistic and is a good reason why male chauvinism probably existed in the 70s. Father-in-law has been retired for almost a decade and is laughing it up on a government defined benefit pension. They own a house in the west side of vancouver which, for the love of god, I hope they have paid off since they've been living in it since the late 70s.

Mother-in-law: Why don't you guys buy a house? It's the responsible thing to do.
Me: Because they're too expensive. The ratio between median income and house prices is the largest it's ever been historically.
Mother-in-law: No it's not. Houses were really expensive when we bought ours. They're always going to be expensive.

Father-in-law: The housing market is high because of foreign investment.
Me: No it's not. The housing market is high because everyone and their dog can get a mortgage. Also, everyone and their dog can get a HELOC. <examples of my difficult experience getting pre-approved for a mortgage and Axeil's anecdotes about applying for a HELOC in the US>

Me: When people making 40k a year are getting approved for 300k mortgages or more, that's how I know there's something wrong with the housing market and I don't want to participate in such a market.

Then I realize I just put my foot into it. Brother-in-law who wasn't at dinner has a job doing manual labour and has been on sick leave for 6 months. He lives in North Van with his family in a house that's worth, oh gently caress I don't even want to know, which was bought about 4 years ago. Rumour is that his mortgage payment is around 2500/month.

Housing discussion ends abruptly.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Holy poo poo. I know this is reddit but if it's true, wtf.

http://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/comments/2gcavp/what_does_a_load_of_laundry_cost_in_your/ckhr1nh

quote:

&gt; First, I hesitate to do this. But whatever.

And so I copy here in case you delete -

[dominion47](https://www.reddit.com/user/dominion47) said:

&gt; So the new owners are trying to clear the building. From what I've read, he is into airbnb and wants a building of apartments to offer. Nothing like quadrupling down on a bet, but he's obviously making money, so who am I to say?

&gt; It takes about 5 years to passively clear a building in my experience. You are doing some evicting, doing some re-building/renovations and starting a few fights hoping the poo poo bags leave on their own.

&gt; side note....I gave a woman a list of 15 conditions upon which he could move a free car she was to acquire onto the property where her boyfriend was going to work on it. Nothing about this plan of hers sounded even remotely interesting to me, so I listed out the nature of the two weeks for it to operate on its own, no oil spills, hours of work...dude, you name it. I poked the fight. i knew this car was going to sit there for 2 loving years, and never drive again.

&gt; So sometimes you just need to push people along.

&gt; These guys are trying the same thing, but not even being remotely nice about it. I said yes to the car, but put a time limit on it and conditions that would actually be somewhat acceptable to live with.

&gt; By the way, she was choked about the whole thing and never did get the car, and I evicted her a short while later anyway.

&gt; These guys are picking the fights on whatever they can use. They want to flip the apartment at $100 a night instead of $45. Get a certain number to leave on their own, and get a certain amount to be evicted and buy off the rest.

&gt; Laundry [prices] is one of many things that are unregulated that can be changed.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
Seems to be true.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1556561/tenants-of-west-end-apartment-building-fight-eviction-notices/
http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/1151160/greed-eviction-landlord-must-be-stopped-west-end-mla/
http://www.vancitybuzz.com/2014/09/vancouver-tenants-fight-building-owners-greed-eviction/

I knew someone that lived at Plan A real estate and they would go through building managers like hotcakes among a whole host of other issues.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Had dinner with the in-laws and was asked by them why my partner and I haven't bought a house yet. Mother-in-law is palpably autistic and is a good reason why male chauvinism probably existed in the 70s. Father-in-law has been retired for almost a decade and is laughing it up on a government defined benefit pension. They own a house in the west side of vancouver which, for the love of god, I hope they have paid off since they've been living in it since the late 70s.

Mother-in-law: Why don't you guys buy a house? It's the responsible thing to do.
Me: Because they're too expensive. The ratio between median income and house prices is the largest it's ever been historically.
Mother-in-law: No it's not. Houses were really expensive when we bought ours. They're always going to be expensive.

Father-in-law: The housing market is high because of foreign investment.
Me: No it's not. The housing market is high because everyone and their dog can get a mortgage. Also, everyone and their dog can get a HELOC. <examples of my difficult experience getting pre-approved for a mortgage and Axeil's anecdotes about applying for a HELOC in the US>

Me: When people making 40k a year are getting approved for 300k mortgages or more, that's how I know there's something wrong with the housing market and I don't want to participate in such a market.

Then I realize I just put my foot into it. Brother-in-law who wasn't at dinner has a job doing manual labour and has been on sick leave for 6 months. He lives in North Van with his family in a house that's worth, oh gently caress I don't even want to know, which was bought about 4 years ago. Rumour is that his mortgage payment is around 2500/month.

I am glad my anecdotes about how things are down here in the US helped lead to a very awkward family dinner.

ocrumsprug
Sep 23, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I am quite curious how long the conversation would have lasted if, instead of rejecting real estate, you instead described a HELOC daisy-chaining scheme and your slumlord plan to build a condo rental empire. At what point would their alarm bells start to go off?

I hypothesize that they would be super happy for you, finally showing some initiative.

For science...

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Kraftwerk posted:

Yes, it is. You can find 1 bedroom apartments for 1100-1200/month within about 1 km of Yonge & Bloor, either around Church/Jarvis (no need to go as far as Parliament), or near Spadina. You'll be paying around $15k/year for housing and minimal utilities, so you can scrape by with $30k after tax. If you're a single earner making minimum wage - roughly $21k/year of taxable income - then no of course you can't afford it on your own.

Of course, by "you can find" I meant that at any given moment there are a few such vacancies in buildings of varying quality and quality of management. Whether you can view them in time to sign the lease before anyone else is another matter.

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

melon cat posted:

The only way that you'd be able to do this is to find a shoebox-sized bachelor apartment. Have you considered the Yonge & Eglinton area? I know that it's not in the neigbourhood you specified, but it's very close to the subway line, and there's plenty of smaller bachelor apartments there for half-decent rental rates.

And its a great neighbourhood near the Granet brewpub