Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
The only holiday item I remember having was the rubber chicken so I don't think I have to worry about that. I'm trying to create my character and I'm getting a server is too busy try again later error, I had no idea that many people still played.

Edit: Well apparently I moved my email to an account I still have when I played a couple of years ago and I was able to recover my old account but it's still having me create a new character for some reason.

E2: Apparently the name change thing is some kind of bug and you have to change your name on the website and not ingame, I'm in now!

Lunimeow fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Sep 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I'm not entirely sure, but didn't a bunch of ex-Jagex employees say it was terrible to work under this guy?

I'm guessing stockholders got sick of him, and told him to step down. Even if it wasn't for that reason.

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

In case it wasn't mentioned earlier in the thread, Headbutt Mining is currently free in Solomon's Store if you're a member :getin:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kgummy posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but didn't a bunch of ex-Jagex employees say it was terrible to work under this guy?

I'm guessing stockholders got sick of him, and told him to step down. Even if it wasn't for that reason.

Yeah glassdoor.com has a bunch of reviews of Jagex that boil down to "I love my co-workers, upper management is a complete nightmare and will make your life hell."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Magres posted:

Yeah glassdoor.com has a bunch of reviews of Jagex that boil down to "I love my co-workers, upper management is a complete nightmare and will make your life hell."
"I won't claim I am/was perfect" is also basically Office Speak for "I screwed up a whole bunch, but I'm too proud to apologize."

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Magres posted:

Happens everywhere I suppose. :sigh:

--

Anyways, headbutt mining. Get it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Looking to try playing again after forever away from the game. I couldn't remember anything about my old account, so I made a new one going by the name "Kamachiya". Ran through the tutorial but haven't done much else yet.

Also holy poo poo does this game ever stop giving you tutorial messages I just killed a demon I think I know how to use a drat bank

Danaru fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Sep 12, 2014

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Danaru posted:

Looking to try playing again after forever away from the game. I couldn't remember anything about my old account, so I made a new one going by the name "Kamachiya". Ran through the tutorial but haven't done much else yet.

Also holy poo poo does this game ever stop giving you tutorial messages I just killed a demon I think I know how to use a drat bank
Runescape was my first experience with any kind of MMO and I didn't know anyone else who played it. It truly depresses to remember how long I played not knowing that a bank kind of thingy existed. 28 spaces were all I could hold ever and it vanished whenever I died. Basically permadeath mode for all my gear and money.

I had to mine and smith my own mithril gear every time I died in game just to go about my business again.

:bahgawd:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Xlorp posted:

Runescape was my first experience with any kind of MMO and I didn't know anyone else who played it. It truly depresses to remember how long I played not knowing that a bank kind of thingy existed. 28 spaces were all I could hold ever and it vanished whenever I died. Basically permadeath mode for all my gear and money.

I had to mine and smith my own mithril gear every time I died in game just to go about my business again.

:bahgawd:
That... actually sounds like a really fun (if masochistic) way to play the game. Especially now that the toolbelt is a thing.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

"I won't claim I am/was perfect" is also basically Office Speak for "I screwed up a whole bunch, but I'm too proud to apologize."

When it's a bunch of different reviews I'm inclined to believe them :shrug:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Truly the best thing about playing a new character is reliving the thrill of dragging an entire inventory of Iron Ore to the smelter and only leaving with like 8 bars.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Truly the best thing about playing a new character is reliving the thrill of dragging an entire inventory of Iron Ore to the smelter and only leaving with like 8 bars.

If you want anything to help you get off the ground, just ask in clan chat

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Also a ring of forging will make you not fail any iron bars. Disintegrates after 140 ores though

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Pizza you might wanna add this to Faces of Runescape:

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Gringo Heisenberg posted:

Also a ring of forging will make you not fail any iron bars. Disintegrates after 140 ores though

If anyone wants some, I think I have a billion rubies in my bank. Happy to make forge rings to help babygoons past the shitshow that is smelting Iron

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Magres posted:

If anyone wants some, I think I have a billion rubies in my bank. Happy to make forge rings to help babygoons past the shitshow that is smelting Iron

You can count me in on that too, if any babygoons need any help just ask me.

ign: Spergie Sama

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
So I did just subscribe again, I opened up my bank and there are so many items that I have absolutely no idea what they are.

It's also a huge mess i'm working on storting but not knowing what most of the items are doesn't really help haha.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
PIZZA LADY, YOUR AID IS NEEDED!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Runescape: I have a vagina but I'm not a girl.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
DOUBLE XP WEEKEND COMMING

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/a=97/double-xp-weekend---coming-1st-november?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

I have no idea what i'll grind during it though, lol

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Magres posted:

I wouldn't mind. Right now, I'm just grinding Smithing in the Artisan Workshop because :effort:. I'm ToxicMShroom, and I think I'm in World 34 right now.

Never mind, I just grinded in the Workshop to the point I can make Steel Bars now. The hard part's over. ...until I get to Mithril. :confuoot:

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Sep 12, 2014

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

I wouldn't mind. Right now, I'm just grinding Smithing in the Artisan Workshop because :effort:. I'm ToxicMShroom, and I think I'm in World 34 right now.

Never mind, I just grinded in the Workshop to the point I can make Steel Bars now. The hard part's over. ...until I get to Mithril. :confuoot:

I would like to thank you for starting a mass hunt and making me 5mil richer. We have a Addy Pickaxe for you.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Supeerme posted:

I would like to thank you for starting a mass hunt and making me 5mil richer. We have a Addy Pickaxe for you.
Hahaha. And I actually ended up just buying one from the shop in the Dwarven mines. :shobon:

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
We want to talk to you in the clan chat. Your being so rude! :argh:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I think my clan chat might be broken, I'm not getting any incoming messages.

Fixed it, I'm a moron.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Sep 12, 2014

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Ibblebibble posted:

Pizza you might wanna add this to Faces of Runescape:

I saw a dude with a ZAMORAK license plate several days ago, wasn't able to get my phone out in time before he was out of the intersection though.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Runescape: I have a vagina but I'm not a girl.

Trans people are a mythical race, like elves and dwarves.

Stock up on charms, do summoning. Summoning is great because the brunt of the work is in gathering charms, and you can do that for the next month and a half until you have enough saved up to do 99 in like six hours during double xp weekend.

E: Someone give me 3k Dragon Bones so I don't have to grind money to buy 99 Prayer :(

Magres fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Sep 12, 2014

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

Trans people are a mythical race, like elves and dwarves.

Stock up on charms, do summoning. Summoning is great because the brunt of the work is in gathering charms, and you can do that for the next month and a half until you have enough saved up to do 99 in like six hours during double xp weekend.

E: Someone give me 3k Dragon Bones so I don't have to grind money to buy 99 Prayer :(

Yeah I'm gonna do summ and herb. I have about 1000~ of each extreme, was gonna plow through them but now I'll wait.

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
I have like 8 months' worth of MTK ressources. The rich get richer :devil:.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Got a second portable deposit box. :catstare:

I'll probably use them to help goons make mad money for this upcoming double xp weekend. Take it to the granite mines or something. If anyone has any suggestions i'm listening.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
These are my stats

I'm gonna be dumping cash in to summ/herb on the bxp weekend, but I want something to work towards until then.

Considering poopsocking towards Gatherer expert cape because of how sexy it looks. Any suggestions on what to throw away my life towards?

joachim783
May 9, 2013

SleepingPizza posted:

These are my stats

I'm gonna be dumping cash in to summ/herb on the bxp weekend, but I want something to work towards until then.

Considering poopsocking towards Gatherer expert cape because of how sexy it looks. Any suggestions on what to throw away my life towards?

99 agility :emo:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SleepingPizza posted:

These are my stats

Max out combat and do bosses for big buxx.

edit: THANKS PIZZO

Psychedelicatessen fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 13, 2014

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
So I just finished a bunch of quests and I'm trying to figure out what to do. At the moment I'm working on farming

Should I just work on getting all of my skills to say around 40 or something?

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Slayer and go Dungeoneering with goons. Fast levels and later on combat is the best way for money to assist other skills.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Magres posted:

If you're still offering, I'm fresh off the boat, and the smithing/crafting branches were my favourites back in the day. In game name is Kamachiya

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
God this game needs a mail system so I can just send you rubies :mad:

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Magres posted:

God this game needs a mail system so I can just send you rubies :mad:

give me the rubies

Hoppeduppeanut
Oct 27, 2013

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Slayer and go Dungeoneering with goons. Fast levels and later on combat is the best way for money to assist other skills.

Seconding the latter, not to mention it's fun as gently caress too. The goons I played with (Pizza, Xplay, Spergie and someone else I can't remember :saddowns:) are surprisingly patient with people at lower levels and are happy to help with dunging gear, as long as you're not total dead weight. Do a little bit of skilling with shared xp on, gather up ores, charms and other poo poo for others to alch, etc. while everyone else carries your lazy rear end around.

They managed to carry me from 22 to 30 dungeoneering in just 2 floors, so it's definitely worthwhile dunging with goons

Hoppeduppeanut fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Sep 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dwarf
Oct 21, 2010
We are also witty, handsome and smell nice.

• Locked thread