Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Devonaut posted:

I didn't know the guest on the most recent Who Charted (Thomas Middleditch) but he was really good and this ep was good. I love the casual engineer abuse across Earwolf shows.

He's the lead on Silicon Valley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I do think the couple songs they highlight on the new U2 album are genuinely good.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Devonaut posted:

I didn't know the guest on the most recent Who Charted (Thomas Middleditch) but he was really good and this ep was good. I love the casual engineer abuse across Earwolf shows.

Jake and Amir's podcast If I Were You is a generally solid podcast (it' a lot less annoying than their web series) but the episodes with Thomas Middleditch and/or Ben Schwartz are always absolutely brilliant.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I like the broey chat leading into scenes on I4H too, but I also like the musical guest episodes because there's something about the combination of the heart-felt sincerity of the songs and the irreverent silliness of the improv that is really cool and unique.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I don't know if it's just the fault of UTU2TM but this new U2 album....isn't terrible? Like, there's a lot wrong with it, and some tracks blow. But it's okay? What have the Scotts done to me?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I actually like most of the songs on the new U2 album :shobon:

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
UTU2TM's biggest sin is that it's getting normal people interested in U2. Actually it's its only sin, but it's a huge one.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

the Insane Piano posted:

I like the broey chat leading into scenes on I4H too, but I also like the musical guest episodes because there's something about the combination of the heart-felt sincerity of the songs and the irreverent silliness of the improv that is really cool and unique.

MUSICAL GUEST

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

soggybagel posted:

I do think the couple songs they highlight on the new U2 album are genuinely good.

Volcano and Raised by Wolves are their best songs in 10 years because I literally can't name a song from the 2009 one.

Oh wait. Sexy boots!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

the Insane Piano posted:

I always wondered what some of these singers thought when their heart-on-sleeve songs inspired goofs about guys with pencil dicks.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Listening to U Talkin U2 when they geek out over the song Raised by Wolves is funny. You don't have to like the song to just hear two grown men geek out over one of their favorite bands. It's funny and the enthusiasm is great.

LONG LIVE U2

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

for so long theres been nothing ive wanted to read more than the phrase geek out used seriously twice in a single sentence. close but no cigar my man.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Geek out!

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Maybe it's just me but for me.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I liked Scott's realization that the forced free iTunes release was the most U2 release that U2 could've done.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Let me geek out here. They're geeks.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I feel bad that Sean and Hayes might have burned a bridge with old sponsors with their ad reads and now they have to talk about poo songs.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

What the hell kind of "Favorite REM Songs" list did Adam Scott put together? I've literally never heard of any of those songs.

Now "Shiny Happy People," that's a quality REM song.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

moot the hopple posted:

I feel bad that Sean and Hayes might have burned a bridge with old sponsors with their ad reads and now they have to talk about poo songs.

A shame, because their Cards Against Humanity ads were the only funny thing that game has ever been associated with

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
You don't need sponsors when new people are buying the pro version every week.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I don't know if it's just the fault of UTU2TM but this new U2 album....isn't terrible? Like, there's a lot wrong with it, and some tracks blow. But it's okay? What have the Scotts done to me?

i feel the same way. i have been in the camp of loving UTU2TM? while not caring about/actively disliking the band U2 but i actually really liked the songs they played on the podcast. it made me actually listen to the record and enjoy most of it.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Scotty Auks with that mix/It's so neccessary

http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Hot+Saucerman+s+Pop/97157586

Relistened to the Pop episode and found this on the Earwolf forums. I forgot Engineer Cody Cody had a girlfriend named "Alyssa Caliente". You also hear them sing Kiss From A Rose.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

JethroMcB posted:

A shame, because their Cards Against Humanity ads were the only funny thing that game has ever been associated with

One time I was at a party where people where playing this and the only black guy in the room explained to a bunch of nerds that the jokes on the cards were about genocide in rwanda

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

JethroMcB posted:

Besides Bee Oh No Oh Bee Oh Ess DOT COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM the Cards Against Humanity ad on Hollywood Handbook are the most memorable ads on the entire Earwolf Network. I actually e-mailed CAH and asked them to put them back on HH :ohdear:

Also why isn't there a podcast for Daft Punk :argh:

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Hm I think the most memorable ad on the ear wolf network was POP... that's the sound of a refreshing Pepsi Next in your earholes.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I listen to a bunch of podcasts and Hollywood Handbook is literally the only one where I don't skip the ads so I guess they're doing something right

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I liked when they read ad copy while pretending to eat taffy.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
The new Earwolfman Jack ones are pretty great too, like the podcast itself.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
I guess - I don't like that nerd, though.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I'm signing up for Audible. Is there a Hollywood Handbook code I can use to show support for those lovable goofs?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

No they've not carried ads for them since the RSS days.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Hm I think the most memorable ad on the ear wolf network was POP... that's the sound of a refreshing Pepsi Next in your earholes.

That loving ad.

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
The first couple of times I heard that I thought it was a Tim and Eric sketch that they liked so much they kept using it even after they stopped playing comedy songs/skits in breaks.

It's even funnier now that I know it was something meant to make you buy Pepsi. It was memorable at least.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

I liked when they read ad copy while pretending to eat taffy.

speak on that

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

UP AND ADAM posted:

The new Earwolfman Jack ones are pretty great too, like the podcast itself.

I'd really like to hear a one-off Earwolfman Jack and Poindexter the Nerd podcast special.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad
I want Earwolfman Jack to be Earwolf's actual branding so I can get a mug already (nobody mention fuckin' t-shirts at this point in time).

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Nobody ever picked up some college girls with a loving mug.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Apropos of nothing my favorite line in the 4/20 I4H episode is when Mike Still says, "We cut to......SPAGOS."

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

soggybagel posted:

Apropos of nothing my favorite line in the 4/20 I4H episode is when Mike Still says, "We cut to......SPAGOS."

I love that and the delighted response it gets.

edit: and the omnipresence of the Stone Roses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

soggybagel posted:

Since you brought it up, I was just listening to that ep the other day and how that scene evolves is mind boggling. It started as a funny but mundane concept about a boyfriend and girlfriend and became this beautiful world with a Roku taking a date to see the Stone Roses and bragging about he got blown by HBO GO.