Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I'm playing Seasons first. Did I do it wrong?

I kind of like the overworld puzzles using the season changing.

But this hasn't got a patch on Link's Awakening (DX), honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The Oracle games are my favourite 2D Zeldas, when considered as a whole possibly my favourite Zelda beating out Wind Waker.

However, Jabu Jabu's Belly is the most disgustingly awful dungeon in the history of the series and Capcom should be ashamed.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

PoshAlligator posted:

I'm playing Seasons first. Did I do it wrong?

If you play Ages first, you'll have a slightly easier time with the final bosses because of the more combat-oriented equipment Seasons gives you. Namely the Roc's Cape and Triple Slingshot. Not a hugely compelling reason, but it's there.

e: I might be misremembering, but don't you start with an extra heart container in whichever game you play second? That heart container will help you out more in Seasons because of the combat thing.

Soylent Heliotrope fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 12, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

If you play Ages first, you'll have a slightly easier time with the final bosses because of the more combat-oriented equipment Seasons gives you. Namely the Roc's Cape and Triple Slingshot. Not a hugely compelling reason, but it's there.

e: I might be misremembering, but don't you start with an extra heart container in whichever game you play second? That heart container will help you out more in Seasons because of the combat thing.

Yes.

Also if you play Seasons second you can get the Master sword and Biggoron's Sword, very helpful for the stronger foes.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
If you didn't watch the Treehouse stream, then you would miss Mega Man 7 getting a stealth eshop release today. :toot:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
poo poo, at this point the only thing we're missing is Mega Man and Bass, right? I'm down with more Mega Man. :toot:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Artix posted:

poo poo, at this point the only thing we're missing is Mega Man and Bass, right? I'm down with more Mega Man. :toot:

So we're not really missing anything. :rimshot:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Artix posted:

I think that's coming to eShop too?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

ChaosArgate posted:

I think that's coming to eShop too?

Probably, but it'll be the inferior GBA version.
At least if its on the VC I could finally beat it as Megaman.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I went to get Kid Icarus Uprising, and I don't have enough space, where's a good place to get a bigger SD card before the sale ends?

Austrian mook fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 12, 2014

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Austrian mook posted:

So I went to get Kid Icarus Uprising, and I don't have enough space, wheres a good placebo get a bigger SD cars before the sale ends?

Are... are you having a stroke?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Austrian mook posted:

So I went to get Kid Icarus Uprising, and I don't have enough space, where's a good place to get a bigger SD card before the sale ends?

Literally anywhere, loving drugstores carry them. You can also just delete something temporarily so the purchase goes through and then redownload what you deleted later.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I'll never get the Kid Icarus love. I played the first level or two, it was a horrendous explosion of colours and I had no idea what was going on. Plus the controls were, as people have said, awkward as hell. Just can't get into it at all.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Fix posted:

Are... are you having a stroke?

place to

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Yes.

Also if you play Seasons second you can get the Master sword and Biggoron's Sword, very helpful for the stronger foes.

The most powerful item is Save States.

Honestly they've really allowed me to enjoy older games I just don't have the time to replay over and over. Finally beating Mega Mans is fun.

CarpetCrawler
Feb 18, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'll never get the Kid Icarus love. I played the first level or two, it was a horrendous explosion of colours and I had no idea what was going on. Plus the controls were, as people have said, awkward as hell. Just can't get into it at all.

I enjoyed the flying stages more than the ground stages, but I thought it was a fine game. It's not a masterpiece by any means but at $25 it's a steal.

Zoo06
Jul 20, 2007
Nintendo sent me an email with 4 early access codes to a Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo 'cause I'm special.

So here's the 3 extra ones if anyone didn't get it:

A05V1WJT24RK2E42
A05V64QM2SWRM42N
A05VAA0F38K9DY0Q

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Zoo06 posted:

A05V64QM2SWRM42N

Took this one, thanks! If Nintendo ever gets around to sending me mine I'll post that one to balance it out.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Zoo06 posted:

Nintendo sent me an email with 4 early access codes to a Super Smash Bros. 3DS demo 'cause I'm special.

A05V1WJT24RK2E42
A05V64QM2SWRM42N
A05VAA0F38K9DY0Q

Thanks grabbed the first one.

Star Guarded
Feb 10, 2008

Zoo06 posted:

A05V1WJT24RK2E42
A05V64QM2SWRM42N
A05VAA0F38K9DY0Q
Someone took the third one without posting, just so people know not to try it. Thanks for the codes.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I'll never get the Kid Icarus love. I played the first level or two,
We've arrived at what is probably the reason you will never get the love.

There are long winded, excessively fanboyish paragraphs I could write here to try and convince you the love for the game is deserved, but the game probably just isn't for you and that is okay.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Zoo06 posted:

A05VAA0F38K9DY0Q

Grabbed this one, had to walk out afterwards. Thanks!

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Was Megaman X2 good?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Shyfted One posted:

Was Megaman X2 good?

X2 is great. Not as good as X1 but its still good fun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Counter-point: X2 is better than X1.

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
Well good job Nintendo with your dumb sale

KI:U
FE:A
LttP
MMX
MMX2

Week 4 is probably going to be expensive as well

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In X2 there is an order where you don't need to replay any stage for 100% completion. In X, you have to replay at least one stage to collect everything. Thus X2 is better.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

greatn posted:

In X2 there is an order where you don't need to replay any stage for 100% completion. In X, you have to replay at least one stage to collect everything. Thus X2 is better.

But the stages in Mega Man X are so good and undergo so many changes that you shouldn't mind replaying them. That's one of my favorite things about Mega Man X, how defeating an unrelated robot master can have a big impact on how a stage plays out.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Sarchasm posted:

But the stages in Mega Man X are so good and undergo so many changes that you shouldn't mind replaying them. That's one of my favorite things about Mega Man X, how defeating an unrelated robot master can have a big impact on how a stage plays out.

Not the one you have to revisit.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In X2 the end boss summons enemies that can drop health power-ups, it's absurdly easy

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

greatn posted:

Not the one you have to revisit.

Which one are you talking about, Chill Penguin, Boomer Kuwanger, Armored Armadillo?

But yeah, X2's nice in that revisits aren't necessary if you go a certain path, I don't think you need any armor to get other armor parts either. Could be wrong on that though.

X3 took that in the completely opposite direction, almost every stage needs to be revisited (and a good chunk of them have stupid minibosses) and its worse for it.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Why are there 900+ posts in the 3DS thread since yesterday :gonk:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

Why are there 900+ posts in the 3DS thread since yesterday :gonk:
People begging for Smash Bros demo codes

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I was only there for the dick pix

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

People begging for Smash Bros demo codes
And offering to pay for them :psyduck:

Jesus Christ Goons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

irlZaphod posted:

And offering to pay for them :psyduck:

Jesus Christ Goons

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Smash...=item1c46167ee2

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Why would you pay $51 for a demo, I don't understand it. Smash Bros isn't even that good a game.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

irlZaphod posted:

Why would you pay $51 for a demo, I don't understand it. Smash Bros isn't even that good a game.

I was with you until that last part.

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

"Delivery: Estimated between Fri. Sep. 19 and Tue. Sep. 23" :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Were the Smash keys guaranteed if you had Platinum status or was it still random? I never received any.