Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

SlothfulCobra posted:

Isaac is either the brooding loner almost-antihero of the team, or he is the star of some alternate version of this comic the anime adaption to which Max is the brooding loner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's not very cool, Spender. Also, Forge is a dick; even ignoring his line in panel one, look at that grin in panel six. What an rear end in a top hat.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spender stop trying to use your head

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
jesus Spender we anticipated every possible outcome and you still managed to disappoint us.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dammit Spender what kind of nerd goes from pachycephalosaurus with sunglasses to a Goat with sunglasses. No wonder you get your rear end beaten.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blackheart posted:

Dammit Spender what kind of nerd goes from pachycephalosaurus with sunglasses to a Goat with sunglasses. No wonder you get your rear end beaten.

Goats are pretty loving awesome and Pachycepjalosayrus are dumb and extinct.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Roland Jones posted:

That's not very cool, Spender. Also, Forge is a dick; even ignoring his line in panel one, look at that grin in panel six. What an rear end in a top hat.

Like you wouldn't have a huge grin smacking down Spender.

Forge is a rather nice spirit at heart. I'm going to be sad when he's destroyed by whatever angelic horror Doorman serves.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Spender you're kind of pitiful. Like, I maybe didn't expect you go to Super Saiyan or whatever, but you basically lost the fight all the time. Your trump card was "kill me and bad poo poo happens" which is a lame trump card god drat it Spender

I think Max could beat you up and he's been doing this for like, a day.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Maybe he's even more anime than we know, and him actually fighting with that spirit's power is really bad, so "don't kill me or bad things happen" is his last resort before he 'goes supernova'.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Spender you're kind of pitiful. Like, I maybe didn't expect you go to Super Saiyan or whatever, but you basically lost the fight all the time. Your trump card was "kill me and bad poo poo happens" which is a lame trump card god drat it Spender

You would think that with the ability to manipulate and control light, he would be weaker at nighttime. But if that is the case he came into this fight way overconfident.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Establishing that killing him would release the medium is basically saying "yo I'm killing this guy a year from now and Max will have to fight the spirit"

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

As a mentor character, Spender is dead already.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

aegof posted:

As a mentor character, Spender is dead already.
Well, he has pre-arranged to be beaten up by an old man.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Nah, he's got to go full dweeby Ozymandias first.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
New page is up:

http://paranatural.net/index.php?id=287

Alt text: mr. spender's canon belly button

At first I thought he was making the tree fall on Forge, but what he's really doing seems so much more metal

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
In which Spender goes Saiyan.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Paramemetic posted:

In which Spender goes Saiyan.

Yeah some serious poo poo is 100% going down right now

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Spender doing something cool? :aaa:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

It's interesting seeing Spender's internal world appear to be ravaged and in ruins after the beating he's had. Or could it have possibly changed to reflect the shadow spirit's world more, considering it's now likely stronger than the light spirit after all that use of its power? Either way, now it seems we'll get a glimpse of the shadow spirit and its true nature, now that Lucifer will most likely not be able to contain it.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
My favorite part of this page, besides Spender's :rock: powers, are all the little details, like Spender's shadow on panel nine and the little specter in panel 7. Stay happy as long as you can, little dude, you're probably not going to be smiling for much longer. Also, I like how the pieces of land that aren't part of the shadow stay floating in the air.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
If Spender has his wits left, he'll try to snag at least one of the objects Forge dropped, then run like hell to help the kids. Staying to fight further isn't going to help, and even his foe knew they should have been his priority.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Oh poo poo, I didn't even see Spender's shadow before. Yeah, that's definitely some rage fueled, ultra vengeful, powerful and dangerous shadow spirit we're about to meet.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

neogeo0823 posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't even see Spender's shadow before. Yeah, that's definitely some rage fueled, ultra vengeful, powerful and dangerous shadow spirit we're about to meet.

Unfortunately Spender's pride could only put up with Forge's poo poo for so long and well

Now things are gonna get allll hosed up.

Ruptured Yakety Sax
Jun 8, 2012

ARE YOU AN ANGEL, BIRD??
Oh no Forge :(

Still, these are defiantly some cool darkness powers. Have we seen that locket before? I went to have a quick look earlier in the chapter but got distracted reading... everything else.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just want to point out how grumpy he is.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goatmask posted:

Oh no Forge :(

Still, these are defiantly some cool darkness powers. Have we seen that locket before? I went to have a quick look earlier in the chapter but got distracted reading... everything else.

It's the locket that Forge was gonna use to send the key to his door to Doorman with. Presumably Doorman is going to open the "door" on the locket with a key of his own to create the connection.

Forge and Doorman seem to have done something like this at least once before.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Dick move, attacking the guy who just let you go from behind, dick move.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Dick move, attacking the guy who just let you go from behind, dick move.

Yeah, but Forge is a huge dick anyway, so who cares?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
...but what's...at the bottom of that hole?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Forge is.

(aww, Spender, no, go back to being a tremendous dork)

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Obviously it'll be Eightfold who will fuse with Forge into their next form.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

While this is an interesting reversal, I'm hoping it's also pretty decisive. If they get into a drawn-out round two with some more moralizing on the side, the pacing's going to drag.

Spender's mind being in ruins from the blows to his ego was a nice touch, though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

BottledBodhisvata posted:

...but what's...at the bottom of that hole?

Bottom? :unsmigghh:

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Finally caught up to this thread.

Spender's an even bigger dick than I thought. You don't beg for mercy, then attack a dude from behind after he gives it. That's what villains do at the end of 80's action movies.

Also, I don't understand how to give Zach my money. Whyfor isn't there a money-giving button or a patreon or somesuch? This is probably my favorite webcomic and I can't find a way to support it financially. :argh:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah if Paranatural was on Patreon, I'd definitely be tossing a dollar or three its way every month, regardless of whether he has any bonuses or promises attached. It's quickly become one of my favorites.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Falstaff posted:

Spender's an even bigger dick than I thought. You don't beg for mercy, then attack a dude from behind after he gives it. That's what villains do at the end of 80's action movies.

Also, I don't understand how to give Zach my money. Whyfor isn't there a money-giving button or a patreon or somesuch? This is probably my favorite webcomic and I can't find a way to support it financially. :argh:

I don't think he was begging for mercy, so much as saying "Look, you consider yourself some moral high ground person, if you kill me, poo poo is gonna get REAL nasty, so you may not wanna do that."

For that matter, Forge is a huge dick and sucker-punching him is AOK in my book.

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
About ten days ago, Zack and the gal who draws Monsterkind did some drawing and Q&A stuff:

https://twitter.com/EnEnKay/status/508728966048661504

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/507358812249292801

https://twitter.com/EnEnKay/status/507359579903365120

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/507362306645557248

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/507368290231263232

https://twitter.com/EnEnKay/status/507367955915890688

https://twitter.com/EnEnKay/status/507375483395506177

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/507376120153767936

Gigi posted:

@paranaturalzack @EnEnKay you two are very powerful but im pretty sure I mean that in the same way id describe a missile closing in on me

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
How can I become two-kites gansta?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Falstaff posted:

Which is exactly why he has that arrangement with Francisco (which I previously thought was mostly gramps being a cynical sarcastic jerk but is apparently entirely deserved on Spender's part)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

This is perfect but only serves as a cruel reminder that Monsterkind does not contain nearly enough face time for Bighands McSpiderlady (whose name I can't even remember :()