Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I think Experimental Austrailian/nighttime D&D chat is just friendlier than its US/daytime counterpart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ReindeerF posted:

Shut up with all this loving nerd chat, there are hilarious things going on (possibly):

https://news.yahoo.com/palin-family-allegedly-involved-brawl-190208427.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory
This is The Daily Caller reporting based on "local bloggers" so it could all be made right the gently caress up, but this is also Sarah Plain and Dumb, so it could also be completely true. Until proven otherwise, I'm going with completely true.

quote:

“This isn’t some damned Hillbilly reality show!” a party-goer allegedly yelled

quote:

“As people were leaving in a cab, Track was seen on the street, shirtless, flipping people off, with Sarah right behind him, and Todd somewhere in the foreground, tending to his bloody nose,” a witness told Coyne.

:911: America is truly the greatest nation on Earth.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Joementum posted:

How motherbear pictured everything going down:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ONoNmSwIuEE

Truly, the libertarian dream.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

My Imaginary GF fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Sep 12, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

My Imaginary GF posted:

Lets move away from Dunechat and into the real world.

Assume worst-case for Ebola outbreak, as it is out of control and not possible to control in West Africa with current global assets. Assume developing nations without western-quality healthcare AND sanitary infrastructure have outbreaks, and 95-98% of the developing world dies.

What shall our new world look like?

Well, if Europe after the Black Plague is any guide, a marvelous renaissance of artistic and intellectual growth and a flourishing labor market.

In a true worst case, it spreads to the developed world as well, perhaps getting into the water supply. Maybe an ebola-infected worker falls into the meat slurry vat at the Chicken McNugget Factory. Good times.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Sep 12, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Joementum posted:

Not the First Family America needs. The First Family America deserves.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Joementum posted:

They're just partaking in one of Wasillas favorite pass times: drunken bar fight. Maybe next week they'll it up the other one and smoke a bunch of meth.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That woman had a measurable chance of being President.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Joementum posted:

:911: America is truly the largest nation on Earth.

Chris Christie 2016!

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

euphronius posted:

Had. Be thankful its past tense.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

euphronius posted:

haha no

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Majorian posted:

I'm one of the weirdos that loves God Emperor of Dune.

I loved that one too.. I read those books before I ever looked up much about them online, and was surprised that the cut off for liking Dune seemed to be the first three. I didn't like the fifth at all, couldn't even get through it, but 1-4 were great

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

well compared to most american women, yes she did

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

compared to all latvian women too

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

DemeaninDemon posted:

They're just partaking in one of Wasillas favorite pass times: drunken bar fight. Maybe next week they'll it up the other one and smoke a bunch of meth.
loving yer sister is only on paydays and when the Wasilla High School Warriors win at football (yes, the mascot is what you think it is). Insert off-color joke about incest in Palin family here.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

ReindeerF posted:

loving yer sister is only on paydays and when the Wasilla High School Warriors win at football (yes, the mascot is what you think it is). Insert off-color joke about incest in Palin family here.

You joke, you shouldn't. Incest among politically-ambitious families is a very wide issue in Wasilla, AK. Everyone in town is your cousin; only question, how close?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Clickhole just keeps getting better.

Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

My Imaginary GF posted:

You joke, you shouldn't. Incest among politically-ambitious families is a very wide issue in Wasilla, AK. Everyone in town is your cousin; only question, how close?

My brother's first wife was a distant cousin. They divorced due to deployment adultery before any kids happened though.

Small town drama! poo poo yeah!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

DemeaninDemon posted:

My brother's first wife was a distant cousin. They divorced due to deployment adultery before any kids happened though.

There's this little coastal town in downeast Maine my parents used to take us on vacations growing up (and to which they still go back fairly often) where roughly half the town has one last name, and the other another, with only outsiders and transplants like us deviating from that pattern. I've been back a couple of times myself in recent years and while things haven't reached Innsmouth-level creepy, I don't know how much longer it'll take to get there.

quote:

Small town drama! poo poo yeah!

Small town drama is much of the reason why I never for a moment contemplated moving back to my hometown after leaving for college. It's like being in high school, forever.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

What if Obama's secret had been revealed? The real one.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Joementum posted:

Clickhole just keeps getting better.

Literally America's most important website.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Swan Oat posted:

Literally America's most important website.

excuse me

http://the-toast.net/

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Crossposting from the "Books You Couldn't Get Through" thread in Book Barn - has anybody here read the Warrior of Rome series by Harry Sidebottom (which is a funny name)? If so, has anybody else found that the first three books were really good and now the latest two have been extremely loving boring? It's about the Crisis of the Third Century, so it should be awesome the whole way through, but it's not.

e: I'm also watching "Day of the Jackal" for the first time. I'm probably not going to be able to finish it in one sitting. Is it a mistake to watch it between two sittings?

Majorian fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 12, 2014

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

quote:

Palin’s eldest son, Track, showed up to the party in a stretch Hummer

I'm guessing this is the vehicle in question, how many can there be in a town of 8000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1O8eg64GQ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Oh man, I didn't notice that line about the stretch Hummer limo until now.

This story is my everything :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

“This isn’t some damned Hillbilly reality show!” a party-goer allegedly yelled

Joementum posted:

This story is my everything :allears:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Py-O-My posted:

I'm guessing this is the vehicle in question, how many can there be in a town of 8000?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw1O8eg64GQ

God, I try not to be classist as much as possible, but how could you think something like this does anything other than label you as 'the wrong sort'?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

God, I try not to be classist as much as possible, but how could you think something like this does anything other than label you as 'the wrong sort'?

Is this not the zeitgeist of the American psyche? If I had a stretch hummer limo, I know which Senator I'd want with me as we did donuts on a lake and pressed the on-star button.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
thank god for $1 boba in hot weather

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Hmm boba. It's been years since I had one. But I already ate teriyaki today?? There have to be limits.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

If judging limo renters is wrong, I don't want to be right
If being right means Sarah Palin, I'd rather live a wrongdoing life

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

I always thought it was called tapioca and then I started seeing this boba word everywhere :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Here in the wildlands of South Carolina I can still actually introduce people to bubble tea and have it be like a new crazy thing they haven't had before. I call it bubble tea because I like saying the word "bubble" and "boba" sounds like I'm trying too hard.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

I always thought it was called tapioca and then I started seeing this boba word everywhere :(

I got my first from the Tapioca Express down the street from junior high school. I used "milk tea" all my life and never heard the word "boba" until after junior year in high school, though.

In my neck of the woods we probably consume more milk tea than booze.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Milk tea, bubble tea, and boba all refer to different things.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Realchat upper-class whites who choose to adopt from asia before considering adopting from America are a bit racist. I am in favor of taxing every foreign adoption to pay for 22 years of education for an American citizen in foster-care.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
One of these days I'm gonna start a foster care thread so you can all kill yourselves.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SedanChair posted:

One of these days I'm gonna start a foster care thread so you can all kill yourselves.

It could be worse. That's the best I can say about the foster care system.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

SedanChair posted:

My favorite foster-care horror story are the people who adopt disabled kids in states that pay subsidies for that, move to a different state where they can dump the kid into an institution on the state dime, and keep raking in the checks from the first state.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
I must say, I liked the milk tea and boba discussion better than the child abuse one. I think I'll go drink a sugary beverage and try not to think about it.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My favorite foster-care horror story are the people who adopt disabled kids in states that pay subsidies for that, move to a different state where they can dump the kid into an institution on the state dime, and keep raking in the checks from the first state.

:staredog:

Thats worse than what I see in rural education in East Africa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

america in dysfunctional crucial service shocker

• Locked thread