Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

I guess my top 5 would be Yipes, Chris Matrix, Lee Chung, Aris, and Spooky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Persia gets no love.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

A.o.D. posted:

I can't be the only one who loves it when Lee Chung gets on the mic.

STOP IT

You're not alone at all. Lee Chung & Art together always gets me laughing so hard I start coughing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Heel Ultradavid is underrated, and general hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDH0Ylp7bc&t=400s

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Caitlin posted:

Persia gets no love.

Persia's hella good. I hope they bring her back for Evo next year.

Tae posted:

Heel Ultradavid is underrated, and general hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GDH0Ylp7bc&t=400s

That's Noel Brown saying "bionic arm," not Ultradavid.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

A.o.D. posted:

I can't be the only one who loves it when Lee Chung gets on the mic.

STUPID

No, of course you're not the only one. Lee Chung is awesome.

Flinger posted:

Am I the only one who likes Genesis & Rynge?

That's the first time I've ever seen someone say it.

Caitlin posted:

Persia gets no love.

She's fine as long as she's not with Nina or someone like James Chen. She's smart but easily distracted.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

TenaciousJ posted:

She's fine as long as she's not with Nina or someone like James Chen. She's smart but easily distracted.

Yeah that's true.

Flinger posted:

Am I the only one who likes Genesis & Rynge?

I used to think they were really bland, but then I noticed they do some pretty decent analysis, so I guess overall they're OK.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

TenaciousJ posted:

I think it's a habit that'd be negated if she got more time doing commentary, anyway. I just feel like her commentary is underappreciated because it's generally really solid. :)

Parallax Scroll posted:

Persia's hella good. I hope they bring her back for Evo next year.

Agreed, but I'd like to see/hear more of her in the meantime!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

More commentary chat:

I noticed with Justin Wong commentating on Marvel, he has started doing this thing where, if a player doesn't optimize a combo opportunity in the way he himself would, he gets a little bit upset/disappointed. It's kind of annoying.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the best commentators are tinshi, fanatiq, marn, jaha and a bunch of feedback from the microphones

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
for real tho justin is probably the best in terms of actually talking about whats going on/what people will do. he's uncanny with predicting the future. yipes has the best flavor commentary, so i'd probably combine them as my dream team.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Justin on mic means it's nothing but Zero and Virgil, no thanks.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Dogface and Rockefeller are the OG gods, may they rest in peace.

Yipes, Justin, Tasty Steve, and Mike Ross are probably my current favorites.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

strangemusic posted:

More commentary chat:

I noticed with Justin Wong commentating on Marvel, he has started doing this thing where, if a player doesn't optimize a combo opportunity in the way he himself would, he gets a little bit upset/disappointed. It's kind of annoying.

Why do you hate good things?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah, Justin Wong has this (awesome, btw, I don't hate it at all, and in fact, I love it) thing where he knows Marvel so much he can predict the future. Anybody have that video where Justin pretty much said what was going to happen in an entire round before it actually did?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

strangemusic posted:

More commentary chat:

He's been doing that for years. Look up the mvc2 Clockwork vs Neo match and he does the same thing. Some people find it unhype, but I really enjoy getting to see Justin's thought process. He seems to know exactly what the players are thinking and what they'll do next, in a way that's a step or two ahead of anyone else watching. It helps explain why the dude wins so much.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Gologle posted:

Yeah, Justin Wong has this (awesome, btw, I don't hate it at all, and in fact, I love it) thing where he knows Marvel so much he can predict the future. Anybody have that video where Justin pretty much said what was going to happen in an entire round before it actually did?

It's not even just in Marvel, Justin Wong is secretly Joseph Joestar

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The best commentary is two noname dudes from wherever the major is that only talk about how hung over they are and also one of the mics has unlistenable distortion

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

dangerdoom volvo posted:

The best commentary is two noname dudes from wherever the major is that only talk about how hung over they are and also one of the mics has unlistenable distortion

Spooky awkwardly trying to keep the stream's interest because no one has showed up to play games yet

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Get thrown, stupid. Welcome to duff city, three piece no biscuit.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

strangemusic posted:

More commentary chat:

go low go low go low

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Commentary tier list:

Legendary: Yipes, Rockefeller, Dogface, Nuki
S Tier: Justin, Combofiend
A Tier: SKill, Matrix, Spooky, Lee Chung
B Tier: Ultradavid, Zhi With Somebody Else, Mike Ross, KBrad, Aris, Tasty Steve, Skisonic, Jaha, Megaman Steve
C Tier: James Chen, Arturo
D Tier: Solo Zhi, Gootecks
F Tier: Everyone at WNF, Cameraman, The Guy Who Isn't Gootecks From West Coast Warzone, Tinshi

D+ tier is bearable, F tier is unlistenable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Viscant is legendary on the mic but for completely non-fighting game reasons.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Death Bot posted:

Spooky awkwardly trying to keep the stream's interest because no one has showed up to play games yet

I would unironically watch that all day

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Commentary tier list:

Legendary: Yipes, Rockefeller, Dogface, Nuki
S Tier: Justin, Combofiend
A Tier: SKill, Matrix, Spooky, Lee Chung
B Tier: Ultradavid, Zhi With Somebody Else, Mike Ross, KBrad, Aris, Tasty Steve, Skisonic, Jaha, Megaman Steve
C Tier: James Chen, Arturo
D Tier: Solo Zhi, Gootecks
F Tier: Everyone at WNF, Cameraman, The Guy Who Isn't Gootecks From West Coast Warzone, Tinshi

D+ tier is bearable, F tier is unlistenable.

For legendary you forgot
UMEHARA GA
TSUKAMAETE
UMEHARA GA
GAMEN HAJI
BASU YONDE, MADA HAIRU
UMEHARA GA
CHIKAZUITE
UMEHARAGAKIMETAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AnonSpore fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 12, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
SS tier: Spanish KOF commentary

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
There's gonna be a Lethal League tournament today at http://www.twitch.tv/superdojo 10pm west coast, 1 am east coast time. It was immensely entertaining to watch last time I saw it at UFGT so I've got high hopes for this tournament!

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
I changed my mind the real best commentary is completely silent with sporadic japanese calling players to their games.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro
How could you forget the duo of Gootecks and Jessica Nigri?

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
No Chris Hu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44depsi7b1E

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TenaciousJ posted:

If it wasn't for the teeth I would say that's a realdoll.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A tiger doesn't need to kill a rabbit to prove he's a tiger. Chris Hu's a tiger.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

TenaciousJ posted:

I feel uncomfortable by proxy. I love/hate you so hard, FGC.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

ultimate god tier commentators : EP

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

AnonSpore posted:

You never watched the greatest commentary of all time (Drunk Justin and Drunk Floe), then.

When was this, because that sounds amazing

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
PEPPERONI PLANE

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Archenteron posted:

When was this, because that sounds amazing

It was NCR2k14 salty suite, I think. Drunk Floe and Drunk Justin got on the mic, completely ignored everything going on on stream, and instead spent about ten minutes where Justin tried his damndest to convince Floe to eat a slice of pizza.

Thanks to Twitch deleting archives, those glorious moments are now forever lost.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
What was the one tournament where Ultradavid stopped watching the finals to eat a slice of pizza bc it was a Zero mirror or something

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Death Bot posted:

What was the one tournament where Ultradavid stopped watching the finals to eat a slice of pizza bc it was a Zero mirror or something

I think that was when ChrisG and Justin were obviously pot splitting grand finals and picked alternate teams. Final Round I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
It was Texas Showdown last year where that spectacle happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wcEvyVOVMg&t=6420s