Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Galler posted:

https://youtube.adblockplus.me/en/

You're welcome.

e: I'm assuming you're running adblock already because it's pretty dumb not to.

Firefox with Adblock Edge*, BetterPrivacy, Disconnect, Noscript and Privacy Badger. Ain't no poo poo gettin' through here.

*Edge instead of Plus, because the developers of Plus have kowtowed to certain "trusted" advertisers and let their ads go through the filters, which is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006
Roadkill did a new thing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS6AXjNcTPU

Torn Quad Jones
Nov 2, 2011
Subaru was either really smart or dumb for giving them 2 2015 legacys to trash

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

My god I love the General Mayhem. That thing is nothing but a ridiculous sideways machine. It's so slow but it makes a lot of glorious noise.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This Roadkill is like some kind of checklist. Raunchero, Charger, Rotsun, Subarus, DirtFish, Gale Banks... they throw a Miata in here, and I don't know what I'll do.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"It looks like you've cornered the market on rust, here."

Them's fightin' words. Where's Sockington?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm glad they didn't pull any punches to appease the sponsor. making GBS threads on the 175hp, understeer, and horrid stability control.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

They basically heaped praise on the AWD, A/C and comfort once they got the 3.6R version. I'm guessing maybe the front/rear split is set up different and it has locking diffs?

I don't mind them doing it, since Subaru basically sponsored the whole shoot, plus I guess stuff for the Roadkill cars.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Powershift posted:

I'm glad they didn't pull any punches to appease the sponsor. making GBS threads on the 175hp, understeer, and horrid stability control.

I took that as more "this poo poo works too damned well, and I wish we could turn it off".
Thought it was a really well-done and fun episode. Those guys are loving awesome, and I'd love to see more shows like that where they get to have some paid-for fun :)

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Anyone else feel like Roadkill is what Top Gear US should have been?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

No, top gear US could have been more top-geary and less heavily scripted sitcom with roadkill still existing as an alternative.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

anonumos posted:

Anyone else feel like Roadkill is what Top Gear US should have been?

Nope, Top Gear of any sort isn't as cool as Roadkill. Top Gear UK is a great show, US is ok, don't get me wrong, but Roadkill is basically what would happen if two of us in AI were selected randomly and given a web show.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That was awesome and also probably the cheapest 46 minutes of publicity Subaru has ever gotten among gearheads.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Roadkill is like the one episode per season of Top Gear where they play darts with cars.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

Roadkill is like the one episode per season of Top Gear where they play darts with cars.

Except better, because unlike Jeremy Clarkson, nobody is going to care / worry about the poo poo these guys say and turn it into a big media fuss.

And that Rotsun is loving cursed. That's how many engines they've overheated to death? Of course, less 4.3 V6s in the world is probably a good thing.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
they should just give up and stick a 3800sc in there, one super cheap easy to find junkyard tranny later it is a 5 speed RWD drivetrain.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I thought they might be jumping the shark/selling out with this sponsored episode but holy poo poo they just maxed out the fun meter instead, didn't they. I was just grinning like an idiot the whole time General Mayhem was in the shot, but the whole thing was magical. I think they could've gotten much closer to the Subaru time with a few more practice laps, but whatever. Also too bad about the Rotsun but I also laughed when the jack almost flew out of the trunk when they were bombing around the AFB track.

I think their main complaint about the Subarus was stability control, since they couldn't turn it off completely to drive the cars properly (sideways). The 3.6 got a good result on the rally course but it obviously didn't handle like a real AWD rally car.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
just the fact that they borrowed a car from Subaru and ran it through a fence and blew its tires, while using their cash to sink into the Roadkill stuff assuaged any fears I had of them selling out

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Blew the tires and drove it on the flat for a while. In an AWD car.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

VikingSkull posted:

just the fact that they borrowed a car from Subaru and ran it through a fence and blew its tires, while using their cash to sink into the Roadkill stuff assuaged any fears I had of them selling out

Yep, they definitely stayed true to their roots on this one, even it if was corporate-sponsored. Props to Subaru for not being afraid to market to a difference audience. I've never driven a Subaru, but I was pretty impressed with the AWD on both sedans in the video. The 4-cyl would be a good wife-car.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

mobby_6kl posted:

I think their main complaint about the Subarus was stability control, since they couldn't turn it off completely to drive the cars properly (sideways). The 3.6 got a good result on the rally course but it obviously didn't handle like a real AWD rally car.

I think they mentioned during the rally school bit that they could have pulled fuses to truly shut it down, but decided to race it as delivered.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

The Charger sounds so awesome, especially for a lovely lump from a motorhome.

And now I want a new 3.6 Legacy.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Now, Jay Leno's Garage? His new auto show on CNBC has me worried, he's only posted a video about carbon fiber wheels since that aired. I hope he doesn't kill that channel :smith:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hot Rod Drag Week starts today!

After a year off, Jeff Lutz drops the hammer with a 6.89 in the test and tune

Here's the schedule and how to watch live all week

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Holy gently caress that chevy is retarded awesome.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Man, drag week is the best. No over-restored, never driven show queens there... they do a great job on the cars and then actually USE THEM.

Sirveaux
Aug 26, 2004
<=>
The Terror Traktor is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmcbKcf9VIc

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004
BEEP BEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Edit - "I kept my cool"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3NdkIdYXE

Legdiian fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 9, 2014

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Legdiian posted:

BEEP BEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

Edit - "I kept my cool"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3NdkIdYXE
Jesus christ, I thought the motorcyclist was being an rear end in a top hat by keeping on the horn, but then I realised the driver had completely zoned out.

That happened to me too. Driver pulled out infront of me when I was doing 60. Had to nearly stop as he drove at 20mph... looking up at the sky on his phone.

Savington
Apr 9, 2007
I'm not Stinkmeister, this title is here so waar can tell the difference between Stinkmeister and myself in mafia games.

KozmoNaut posted:

Firefox with Adblock Edge*, BetterPrivacy, Disconnect, Noscript and Privacy Badger. Ain't no poo poo gettin' through here.

Add Herp Derp for Youtube to that list and you'll have the perfect internet.

Legdiian
Jul 14, 2004

Falken posted:

Jesus christ, I thought the motorcyclist was being an rear end in a top hat by keeping on the horn, but then I realised the driver had completely zoned out.

That happened to me too. Driver pulled out infront of me when I was doing 60. Had to nearly stop as he drove at 20mph... looking up at the sky on his phone.

I think it was less zoning out and more ignoring the nutcase on the Grom.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Tom Bailey runs a 6.52 at Drag Week

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Legdiian posted:

I think it was less zoning out and more ignoring the nutcase on the Grom.

Yeah, they're both being idiots there. Fine, he nearly merged into you, but now you're stopped for no reason other than to make a point while traffic flies by you.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Internal car wash at 250ish mph

In other LSR news, Danny Thompson in the Challenger II blew his clutch yesterday backing up his record 419mph run, and today George Poteet wrecked the Poteet & Main Speed Demon at the 3 mile mark, he's ok but was taken to hospital for observation.

Big, big balls.

e- Here's Danny going over the Challenger II

Yes, that is Mickey Thompson's son. Also, keep in mind that the Challenger II was originally built 50 years ago, and all the modern pieces you see were modified to fit. Those transfer cases are original equipment, haha.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 12, 2014

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

VikingSkull posted:

...George Poteet wrecked the Poteet & Main Speed Demon at the 3 mile mark, he's ok but was taken to hospital for observation.

Well gently caress. Glad he's ok. Any news on what happened? Something break?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hot Rod has posted a few things, mainly that Poteet is ok, but they also posted a cryptic "everyone at the event is oddly mum" message, too.

I have no idea other than that, and for them to point out that no one is talking about it seems really weird.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

VikingSkull posted:

Hot Rod has posted a few things, mainly that Poteet is ok, but they also posted a cryptic "everyone at the event is oddly mum" message, too.

I have no idea other than that, and for them to point out that no one is talking about it seems really weird.

That is extremely weird and only raises more questions.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Are those eighth or quarter mile drags? Either way, those trap speeds. :stare:

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

McSpatula posted:

Are those eighth or quarter mile drags? Either way, those trap speeds. :stare:

Pretty sure drag week only runs quarter mile drags. I just started watching their stuff from previous years after powering through roadkill and they get some serious cars to come out for drag week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Alighieri posted:

Pretty sure drag week only runs quarter mile drags. I just started watching their stuff from previous years after powering through roadkill and they get some serious cars to come out for drag week.

Some seriously hilarious cars, too. There's a green nova with a vinyl roof that on day 3 planted it's rear bumper firmly into the concrete, all motor. That shouldn't be physically possible.