Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

i really need to get a wii u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jackie D posted:

i really need to get a wii u
same

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

gamespot - 6/10

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Can a game that is the seventh sequel really be counted as standing on its own merits?

Not saying it ain't good, just

Dec 26, 2012

Sir John Feelgood posted:

gamespot - 6/10

are the forbidden numbers finally emerging?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Protagonist posted:

Can a game that is the seventh sequel really be counted as standing on its own merits?

Not saying it ain't good, just

its the best one

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Jackie D posted:

have there been any good hi profile 2014 games

does dark souls 2 count as high profile

it wasnt perfect but it was good

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
this game sounds awful. why do people like lovely boring games where you grind to get more items so you can continue playing your boring lovely grind-game?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Buck Turgidson posted:

this game sounds awful. why do people like lovely boring games where you grind to get more items so you can continue playing your boring lovely grind-game?

gamers want to be bored

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

thats why they grind, thats why they love lovely story games, thats why they buy dlc to make a game easier, thats why people play mmos, gamers love it and want to be bored

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
Explains why this sub forum is so loving boring

Dec 26, 2012

Buck Turgidson posted:

theres a certain incredibly sad kind of person who is addicted to positive reinforcement and the appearance of success or progress rather than any actual moment to moment enjoyment or increase in real skill. that person is who borderlands and destiny and etc is for. pity them

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT
I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT I WANNA THROW IT

zen death robot posted:

feel free to bore yourself back to gbs

Gonna bring in the spice

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

MotherFuckingT-REX posted:

Explains why this sub forum is so loving boring

gently caress you

thats why

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

zen death robot posted:

MotherFuckingT-REX
Feb 8, 2011

Gonna bore myself inn 2 your skull

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

zen death robot posted:

lol zen robot leaping to the defense of latter day fyad-lite not-ycs

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
isn't this the most expensive game ever made or something? how can it get less than a 7? I thought the three point rule was in effect for anything that cost more than $40 million to develop.

what has happened to games journalism?

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
hey when a big loving studio funded by a big loving publisher slaps a goddamn REVIEW EMBARGO on a game they've been hyping for loving years

THAT'S A TIP

(i bought the loving thing because my brother did and he wanted to grind daft punk helmets and neon boots with me so i got a copy too)

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the whole system is breaking down

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

i hope that the dlc and patches will make it a good game and that i can buy it on my pc when that time comes

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

i hope that the dlc and patches will make it a good game and that i can buy it on my pc when that time comes

i'm hoping that bungie sees that normal people hate their bad game and do what blizzard did to diablo 3 and fix it

but then again, they already have my money; what impetus do they have to do such a thing

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

matrix ripoff posted:

but then again, they already have my money; what impetus do they have to do such a thing

Didn't Diablo 3 break some kind of sales record, on release? I know it sold crazy well. Doesnt mean they wouodnt have any reason to fix their borken game. As for Bungie, they want to make a franchise out of this, so leaving it unfixed is a good way to sink that ship. The reviews are out though. I think they've hosed themselves.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Lol, the lesson learned from destiny is that companies can just hype the poo poo out of any new turd and it will sell like hot cakes.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

At least most major reviewers seem to be giving ~6 so baby steps

Dec 26, 2012

Rated PG-34 posted:

Lol, the lesson learned from destiny is that companies can just hype the poo poo out of any new turd and it will sell like hot cakes.

this is the lesson learned from uh

every highly hyped aaa game

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUML8WdpWMU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

DrManiac posted:

At least most major reviewers seem to be giving ~6 so baby steps

Honestly 6-7 is about where it belongs.

It isn't particularly good and doesn't exactly break new ground in anything, but it's not a terrible game and it's playable which is more than most poo poo that gets less than 6 can say.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

isn't it like marketing 101 that if you try to appeal to everyone you end up appealing to no one in particular

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Honestly the more I play this game the more it makes me want to play diablo, a game with a better loot system, or planetside 2, a game with better multiplayer and shooter mechanics.

So I guess it's a success on some level.

Dec 26, 2012

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Honestly the more I play this game the more it makes me want to play diablo, a game with a better loot system, or planetside 2, a game with better multiplayer and shooter mechanics.

So I guess it's a success on some level.

this game reminds me of better games which are also not very good, and therefore it is a success

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

01011001 posted:

this game reminds me of better games which are also not very good, and therefore it is a success

that is the level on which it is a success, yes

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

that is the level on which it is a success, yes

Ah yes, on that level: it is a success.

Thank you for explaining his post for the mentally retarded among us (which is another way of saying that I didn't understand his post because I'm a moron [stupid people can have trouble parsing even the simplest of statements somtimes]).

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

Chelovek-Govno posted:

Thank you for explaining his post for the mentally retarded among us (which is another way of saying that I didn't understand his post because I'm a moron [stupid people can have trouble parsing even the simplest of statements somtimes]).

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Chelovek-Govno posted:

he was clearly having trouble parsing what I was saying and was repeating it, so I confirmed that he was correct in his interpretation

Silver Striker
May 22, 2013

i've actually been having a lot more fun with the game now that i got to mars and started finding good loot. destiny has issues, you'd be an idiot to deny that, but i honestly think this is a pretty good game (that could have been way better if bungie hadn't played it so safe).

at the very least, it's much better than borderlands

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

he was clearly having trouble parsing what I was saying and was repeating it, so I confirmed that he was correct in his interpretation

My post was more of a response to the whole exchange between yuo two, which was gay as heck, IMO, rahter than just thqat post. :tipshat:

Chelovek-Govno
Aug 11, 2014

Zamorozhenaia Zhopa

Silver Striker posted:

at the very least, it's much better than borderlands

To that extent, it is a good game on that level, as far as that goes.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I want it to crash and burn so they sell it off to some more competent studio and then it becomes really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Chelovek-Govno posted:

To that extent, it is a good game on that level, as far as that goes.

you're a bad poster and you seem to have a weird boner for what I said

I'm flattered

• Locked thread