Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I would be all over a sale on the Denny O'Neill Question run.

Either DC is not good at knowing what their audience wants or I'm just very different from the DC audience. Maybe both.

To be fair though, I did scoop a ton of stuff on that massive Batman sale they had, including the entire Kelley/Moench run, which I've been enjoying the hell out of, and The Batman of Arkham, which is maybe my new favorite Batman comic ever.

That Batman sale was a thing of beauty. My only problem was they did not have the O'Neil/Adams run. I wanted to get the Ra's al Ghul storyline damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

They just had one on all the #0 issues and villain variants. So they do have sales, it's just on crap no one wants to buy.

They also do like one a week and sometimes just takes weeks off.

They dumb is my point.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There've been amazing DC sales in the last year. It's all tied in to current related events for promotion, but when it works out with me getting all of Morrison's Animal Man, 52, Ostrander's Suicide Squad in $0.99 sales, that's cool.

They should bundle though.

e: With the new announcement of Booster/Beetle stuff, there's definitely going to be a JLI sale upcoming.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 12, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

There've been amazing DC sales in the last year. It's all tied in to current related events for promotion, but when it works out with me getting all of Morrison's Animal Man,

gently caress I MISSED THAT.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Teenage Fansub posted:

There've been amazing DC sales in the last year. It's all tied in to current related events for promotion, but when it works out with me getting all of Morrison's Animal Man, 52, Ostrander's Suicide Squad in $0.99 sales, that's cool.

They should bundle though.

e: With the new announcement of Booster/Beetle stuff, there's definitely going to be a JLI sale upcoming.

Yeah they do have good sales, they are just really infringement.

Which is weird, as Marvel does two sales a week.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
DC had Starman on sale for Father's Day... 2012 and not since.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Right now's a Stray Bullets sale.

As is, I have a Uber Alles collection collecting dust, and only read Killers, but I can tell you that all of y'all need to get on this. All of it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You have no idea how dumb you are if you don't get in on the Stray Bullets sale.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Oh poo poo, Stray Bullets, it's on my list of things I want to see on sale. It was right there next to Doom Patrol and Astro City.

Also, there's another of these Comixology Submit bundles where you get 80 books for ten bucks. I usually pick these as they're a great way to discover stuff I would never have heard of otherwise. Not everything is great but it's nice to see some variety.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Oh drat yeah that is right. Why not have a sale of Question or all Morrisons DC work? I half expect a sale on the 52 Constantine when the show premieres not Hellblazer which they should have.

In order to do a sale on the Question they would have to put all those issues up digitally. Did you know that the first trade of O'Neil's Question run has been out of print for at least 5 years now? All the other trades you can get but not the loving first one.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

The Kindle Deal of the Day includes Gotham Central vol. 1 for $2.99. That price is not currently matched by Comixology, I kinda hope it is because I really don't like the Kindle format for reading comics and I'm pretty interested in checking it out-on the other hand I am picking up the Stray Bullets bundle, and I believe that's going to put my Comixology collection over 2,500 titles (which includes a couple omnibuses) so I really don't actually need anything more to read.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

unl33t posted:

The Kindle Deal of the Day includes Gotham Central vol. 1 for $2.99. That price is not currently matched by Comixology, I kinda hope it is because I really don't like the Kindle format for reading comics and I'm pretty interested in checking it out-on the other hand I am picking up the Stray Bullets bundle, and I believe that's going to put my Comixology collection over 2,500 titles (which includes a couple omnibuses) so I really don't actually need anything more to read.

That's weird as hell considering Amazon OWN Comixology. Why would they undercut one of their own companies?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

unl33t posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gotham Central on sale at Comixology when the television series premieres, if you're looking for a reason to skip the Kindle version.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Why does Marvel Unlimited (iPad) jump to the last page when you use the next issue button? Who could possibly want that?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Why does Marvel Unlimited (iPad) jump to the last page when you use the next issue button? Who could possibly want that?

I'm pretty sure it's a bug, not a feature, and Marvel hasn't fixed it because ... eh, why bother? :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Todays Marvel Monday is Secret Avengers. You may think that Brubucker writing a black ops Avengers team would be good would be wrong. Its just there. Then there is Ellis one shots that are pretty good but may have been already purchased as part of the Ellis sale a couple of months ago. The real highlight is the Fear Itself issues. They must be read to believe, as they are unforgettable. The end of the run is done by Remender. I have only read part of it and was wondering if worth getting? The bundle is 35 and I can not say that its worth that.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Aphrodite posted:

The MU app has a long and storied history of being a horrible piece of poo poo.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

bobkatt013 posted:

The real highlight is the Fear Itself issues. They must be read to believe, as they are unforgettable.

... Considering Fear Itself, is this a good or bad thing?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

A Tin Of Beans posted:

... Considering Fear Itself, is this a good or bad thing?

Read them and find out!

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

SPX bundle on Comixology - $200 of alt-comix bullshit can be yours for $10!

(Just kidding, I don't know what's good in this bundle, just gamblin')

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Sales at last, sales at last, sweet Batman almighty, sales at last!

:siren: Gotham Central is now on Sale! :siren:

So fresh off the table that there isn't even a dedicated page for this sale yet.

I know you have been waiting for this, I have been waiting for this, a lot have been waiting. And now it is here and it is glorious.

In addition we have a No Man's Land outnumbering GC 2:1, don't know what's up with that, as well as tertiary series rounding out the numbers such as Gordon's Law and Turning Points; as well as related various issues of other BatFam comics. Personally I have no idea how these series and issues intersect and overlap, but point being Gotham Central.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Sales at last, sales at last, sweet Batman almighty, sales at last!

:siren: Gotham Central is now on Sale! :siren:

So fresh off the table that there isn't even a dedicated page for this sale yet.

I know you have been waiting for this, I have been waiting for this, a lot have been waiting. And now it is here and it is glorious.

In addition we have a No Man's Land outnumbering GC 2:1, don't know what's up with that, as well as tertiary series rounding out the numbers such as Gordon's Law and Turning Points; as well as related various issues of other BatFam comics. Personally I have no idea how these series and issues intersect and overlap, but point being Gotham Central.

Its the whole loving No Man's Land. What are the issues that are tied with Gotham Central in regards to Two Face and Rene?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yay! I was waiting for Gotham Central to get a sale :)

Last time Batman books were on sale, for NML I grabbed the "No Man's Land" #0&1 issues and every issue from Batman, Detective Comics, Shadow of the Bat and Legends of the Dark Knight. I think the major storylines intersected those. Still haven't gotten to reading it yet.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Sep 16, 2014

SMP
May 5, 2009

Is there any uh, pared down reading order for No Man's Land? Not sure I really want to spend $85 or read every single issue in it. Why is there no cheaper collected version? :negative:

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

bobkatt013 posted:

Its the whole loving No Man's Land. What are the issues that are tied with Gotham Central in regards to Two Face and Rene?

"Half a Life" Issues 6-10 is the initial story.

Edit: Oh wait, in NML? Oops, not sure off the top of my head, sorry. :(

Double Edit: Looks like Batman Chronicles #16 is what sets it up.

xK1 fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Sep 16, 2014

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Does Comixology not put the bundles on sale with the individual issues? I've had Gotham Central wishlisted for a while, but I'd much rather have 4 items in my library than 40.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Russad posted:

Does Comixology not put the bundles on sale with the individual issues? I've had Gotham Central wishlisted for a while, but I'd much rather have 4 items in my library than 40.

DC don't do bundles.

Neither do trades except in rare (and usually random) cases.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

DC don't do bundles.

Neither do trades except in rare (and usually random) cases.

Maybe I'm using the wrong word?

But there are 4 collected editions listed in the Gotham Central category:

https://www.comixology.com/Gotham-Central/comics-series/3035

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Russad posted:

Yeah those are trades, and trades very rarely go on sale for the big two.

At least in whole sales.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

^^ Marel usually has a couple of trades on sale weekly.

Russad posted:

They do not put trades on sale expect for special and random occasions.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Well, that's a bummer. I bought a bunch of Batman collected editions when they were on sale at the end of July, and tend to pick up a couple during Marvel's frequent sales. Ah well.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In Comixology terms, "Bundles" are groups of individual items you check out at once for a further discount. "Collections" are the digital versions of trade collections.

Check em out here https://www.comixology.com/Dynamite...ontent=Dynamite

DC tends to only put individual issues on sale with no bundles, Marvel will put on 'collection sales' just for a batch of collections, but tend to not include them when a series goes on sale. Indies (Image, Valiant, Dynamite, etc.) usually do it right and put it all on sale and bundle like in that above example.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

A Comixology feature they have no incentive to implement (especially since it would probably not be that easy to code), but which I would love, would be if we could trade in collections for the individual issues contained in them, or vice versa. Charge me a buck to do it, I don't care -- I just want to have all my issues in the same format, after ending up with a mixture based on what's on sale at various times.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
A better thing to do would be to allow you to organize your issues in groups.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I wish comiXology let me bag and board and store issues in a long box...

But, yeah, "playlists" would be nice. Then you could either organize crossovers how you like or to build a "to read" list or whatever.

Or, hell , just favorite things.

I liked when you could put books into "storage" on their site, hiding all the little random things you never want to see. That was nice.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Sep 16, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Uthor posted:

I wish comiXology let me bag and board and store issues in a long box...

But, yeah, "playlists" would be nice. Then you could either organize crossovers how you like or to build a "to read" list or whatever.

Or, hell , just favorite things.

I liked when you could put books into "storage" on their site, hiding all the little random things you never want to see. That was nice.

Yeah that's a better way to say what I meant.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I literally don't read anything on Comixology anymore because I can't store everything I want to read on my device at once, and I mistakenly 1) got all the free stuff possible when I first signed up and 2) bought indie packs of #1s and that sort of thing. Now my purchases are a mess and I can't find poo poo.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Start a new account?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

sleepingbuddha posted:

Start a new account?

I've spent way too much money at this point.

Fingers crossed on some sort of playlist feature, or a better way of organising purchases in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PoshAlligator posted:

I literally don't read anything on Comixology anymore because I can't store everything I want to read on my device at once, and I mistakenly 1) got all the free stuff possible when I first signed up and 2) bought indie packs of #1s and that sort of thing. Now my purchases are a mess and I can't find poo poo.

If you go to mybooks tab all the books are organized alphabetically.