Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Piston Mcquiston, human fighter extraordinaire, is entering the tournament.

I'd do another Kobold archer, but even with the speed buff I'm unsure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

perpetulance posted:

Piston Mcquiston, human fighter extraordinaire, is entering the tournament.

I think you mean Punch Rockgroin.

Noserubbed the Kobold is looking to make some new friends!

edit: vvvv: drat you, Galick, now I can't get Barbara Goodson's voice out of my head.

Neurion fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 13, 2014

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Laharl has entered the battlefield! AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Antastic is confident she'll do better in the Arena than her ant, Ant Agonist.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Tomoe Gozen has arrived from ancient Japan! May her halberd find the necks of many.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Tarezax posted:

Tomoe Gozen has arrived from ancient Japan! May her halberd find the necks of many.

Aha! Is this our chance?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hey look everyone, it's A Little Prick.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Neurion posted:

Aha! Is this our chance?

Just for that I think I might have to give her kicking skill :v:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
With my latest entrant, I would just like to remind everyone that It ain't Ogre 'til it's Snogre. Cause my yeti's gonna murder all of you'z. With his hands, maybe. Or like a big rock, or something.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Digmuch Hardhead hails from the kobold village of Hrafnfjol, and he will ply his trade in the arena until he can go home a hero...or die trying!

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Now that's the spirit! :black101:

Half the spots are already taken!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Well that's one use for waking up early and feeling like death. Signed on as Brother Boccob

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Signing up TIGER UPPERCUT

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
Mt. Molehill standing by, ready to bury the competition in an avalanche of puns.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
After an unfortunate incident involving a late snack and a sprinkler, Fed After Midnight the Gremlin lost his career as a nocturnal FBI agent. Now, he comes to fight in the arena instead! :black101:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
I am so glad I checked the thread today instead of doing something useful.

Lumberelf has come to the arena after being exiled from her home for her crimes against trees.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

perpetulance posted:

I'm still unsure and doing it anyway!

Is this arena tournament ready for yet another useless halfwit?

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!
Tiny fighters may have a poor record, but that's not going to stop Gnome Chance!

I apologize to my future team-mates in advance.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The random name generator of my mind has called forth Argosiasus Barkskin, the Elf, for the battle. Only 10 places to go, this went quick!

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Vincent van Gob steps up the easel. His canvas is the arena and his medium is blood!

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Only 8 spots left, my goodness.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Only 10 places to go, this went quick!

Yes, it went quick. It went way too quick, I wasn't expecting this. I'm debating whether the 3 vs 3 should be a 4 vs 4, in order to let 16 more potential participants in.

Should I? :ohdear:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Do eeeeeeet! :unsmigghh:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

my dad posted:

Do eeeeeeet! :unsmigghh:

Okay, it's official. The final vote was 1-0, it will be a 4 vs 4 tournament.

I'll upload an expanded arena to account for a starting spot for every fighter, just give me a moment...

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Yeti Chan is secret.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Sep 13, 2014

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

:frogsiren: Jazzimus Prime I don't think armour-layering is working as intended in the latest version you've provided.

If you give a fighter a helm and 2 caps they'll wear 1 cap and discard the helm and other cap.

If you give them 1-3 mail shirts and a breast plate they'll discard as many mail shirts as they were given on the ground at the start of the fight but will also be wearing that number of them.

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Sep 13, 2014

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Let the grander melees commence! :orks::black101::hist101::whip:

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Jack the Lad posted:

:frogsiren: Jazzimus Prime I don't think armour-layering is working as intended in the latest version you've provided.

If you give a fighter a helm and 2 caps they'll wear 1 cap and discard the helm and other cap.

If you give them 1-3 mail shirts and a breast plate they'll discard the mail shirts and only wear the breastplate.

Helms and caps appear to have been changed in DF2014, you can only have either a helm or a cap.

As for mail shirts and breastplates, I'm not encountering the problem you've encountered, I've been able to generate fighters in the arena with multiple mail shirts layered under a breastplate. Are you certain you've encountered this problem? And with what fighter race? I'll try to reproduce it.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Helms and caps appear to have been changed in DF2014, you can only have either a helm or a cap.

As for mail shirts and breastplates, I'm not encountering the problem you've encountered, I've been able to generate fighters in the arena with multiple mail shirts layered under a breastplate. Are you certain you've encountered this problem? And with what fighter race? I'll try to reproduce it.

Okay, got it - helms/caps makes sense.

I can't seem to replicate the mail shirt thing either, now, but it was definitely happening five minutes ago. It looked the same as this, with the admantine-coloured bags on the ground. When I checked what they were, it was 1 Helm, 1 Cap and 3 Mail Shirts:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Did you accidentally create a stack of 3 mail shirts instead of 3 separate mail shirts?

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

my dad posted:

Did you accidentally create a stack of 3 mail shirts instead of 3 separate mail shirts?

Yes, but that's working for me now. I don't get it. Oh well!

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Okay, it's official. The final vote was 1-0, it will be a 4 vs 4 tournament.

I'll upload an expanded arena to account for a starting spot for every fighter, just give me a moment...

Oh hells yeah, bigger fights mean better deaths! Question is, does this make archers more viable, or less?

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Oh hells yeah, bigger fights mean better deaths! Question is, does this make archers more viable, or less?

Well, increased firing rate will definitely mean that they're more viable either way. But I suspect 4v4 will give archers longer to be useful in.

Also, yay for extra slots opening up at a vaguely useful time for Europe! Having all the spaces vanish between 3am and 9am _AGAIN_ would have been kinda depressing :)

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Uz Eat Gladiators is glad he's the only troll so far, since that means he doesn't have to share.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT
Glad that the tournament got expanded. Time to have no idea what I'm doing managing Suns Out Guns Out.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Kamicatze the Tigerman is ready for his suicidal arena debut.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If it's 4 vs. 4 that means my complete ignorance of how things work won't be as obvious - Caffeinequaffer is ready to chug!

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
Leonard Lowpate the dwarf is down to clown.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Little Bastard the Gremlin is also in for this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
There are eleven places remaining.

• Locked thread