Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
Next episode is the sleepover :dance:

Waka has such a good life. Some great friends who will immediately get up in his poo poo if they think he is going after a crazy girl. He is also dating the best character whether he knows it or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

The episode was low on Chiyofaces, but great on every other count, so I forgive it. It helps that it was great.

I regret nothing. Well, I might regret that ms paint can only do 90 degree rotations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
My favorite segments by far are the ones where Waka learns to court Seo from shoujo manga by complete accident. At this rate, he's going to end up stumbling into marriage with her after a few years.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Supersonic Shine posted:

My favorite segments by far are the ones where Waka learns to court Seo by complete accident. At this rate, he's going to end up stumbling into marriage with her after a few years.
At least he'll never have trouble sleeping again.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Nihilarian posted:

At least he'll never have trouble sleeping again.

That's... one way of thinking of it :heysexy:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

That's... one way of thinking of it :heysexy:
Hey hey, she's just going to sing him to sleep, you weirdo. Of course, Waka, being who he is, will probably interpret hearing Lorelei's voice as Seo happening to have some of Lorelei's recordings.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Nozaki and Chiyo confirmed for only fourth most entertaining couple in the show.

(First is Mikorin x Everyone.)

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That fuckin' cut from them saying they need someone weak willed and easy to manipulate to everyone introducing Mikoshiba was loving perfect, especially since I don't think he'd been in the episode until that point?

Is this the first episode to feature everyone in the main cast for a significant period of time?

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
That episode was great, this anime is great, great great all round great. Seo is great.
Seriously though, if this doesn't get enough anime time to cover everything in the manga it will be a crime.

paragon1 posted:

Is this the first episode to feature everyone in the main cast for a significant period of time?
Everyone in any kind of meaningful way, yeah. Though the number and variety makes it difficult to encompass all of them at once.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 8, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Waka never had a chance, did he?

Waka x Seo for best couple in everything. :kimchi:

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Wallrod posted:

Seriously though, if this doesn't get enough anime time to cover everything in the manga it will be a crime.

Sadly it's only a 1-cour, 12 episode show! Only two weeks left!

Pray to the anime gods for another season, or at least an OVA.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
I heard it's pre-ordering well in japan and

look i'm going to kill someone if more of this isn't animated okay? I didn't specify whose crime it would be. :colbert:

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 8, 2014

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

The Devil Tesla posted:

Sadly it's only a 1-cour, 12 episode show! Only two weeks left!

Pray to the anime gods for another season, or at least an OVA.

There's enough material for another season, so that's what I really, really want.

The beach/hot springs inn chapters would make a fun OVA though.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Wallrod posted:

The fact that we got about 2-3 pages of the 'yo, ribbons' chapter last week but not the rest is terrible.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Gils posted:

The fact that we got about 2-3 pages of the 'yo, ribbons' chapter last week but not the rest is terrible.

The biggest mistake of this adaptation by far. They can't just introduce the best side character and not follow up on it!

chibi
Feb 11, 2004

Gils posted:

Maybe they'll make it another episode half somehow? I can only pray we get the rest of it.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Gils posted:

Personally, I was pretty devastated when we saw the corn soup joke but not the rest of that chapter.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

With only two episodes left, are we not getting the otome game arc? I'm guessing the final episode will be about Nozaki, Chiyo & Mikorin trying to find each other in crowded public spaces.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Potsticker posted:

With only two episodes left, are we not getting the otome game arc? I'm guessing the final episode will be about Nozaki, Chiyo & Mikorin trying to find each other in crowded public spaces.

They have to do the former. There was a whole April Fool's joke about it, and I refuse to believe that anything else would fit the final episode. :colbert:

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
I would have guessed they'd end with the flashback episode based on them teasing it in the intro.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

7c Nickel posted:

I would have guessed they'd end with the flashback episode based on them teasing it in the intro.

You're probably right. It had slipped my mind because I thought it was a poor fit for the story using shoujo tropes straight out with little in the way of humor.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Someone translated a special chapter found in the Anthology book! Our favorite high school kids decide to play a game...

http://argentscarf.tumblr.com/post/97021152350/gsnk-anthology-the-kings-game-nozaki-kun-by

It goes about as well as you'd expect.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Compendium posted:

Someone translated a special chapter found in the Anthology book! Our favorite high school kids decide to play a game...

http://argentscarf.tumblr.com/post/97021152350/gsnk-anthology-the-kings-game-nozaki-kun-by

It goes about as well as you'd expect.

It was ridiculously heart-pounding.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

It was ridiculously heart-pounding.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Monthly Girls Nozkai-kun: Then... rub his butt.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DoubleDonut posted:

Monthly Girls Nozkai-kun: Then... rub his butt.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

I want an extension. Of the King's Game.

Man, it'd be a crime if this never got animated. Well, it should be a crime if it doesn't. Even if it's just as an OVA, it's fine. Just as long as it's animated.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I've watched the first nine episodes, and I'm sold. Seo's voice actress is just the best thing.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Madurai posted:

I've watched the first nine episodes, and I'm sold. Seo's voice actress is just the best thing.

Miyuki Sawashiro is the best

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

chibi posted:

Maybe they'll make it another episode half somehow? I can only pray we get the rest of it.

I can see them rolling it into the chapter we had recently featuring Seo's brother. It would fit in pretty well.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
27 new chapters of GSNK: Exciting
Finding out they're all the one page gag pages from previously released chapters: Disappointing, though in hindsight I don't know why I was expecting real chapters.

Edit: haha, the one from the Tomoda chapter is great.

Ok, never mind, good stuff.

sniper4625 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 13, 2014

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

mikorin :3:

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Sep 13, 2014

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Such a nice kid! It's good that she knows how to take care of people smaller than her. :3: The extras are great as usual, I feel like Mikorin really shines in these.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nondevor posted:

Such a nice kid! It's good that she knows how to take care of people smaller than her. :3: The extras are great as usual, I feel like Mikorin really shines in these.

Goddamned adorable.

The heroine battle also continues between Chiyo and Mikorin.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 13, 2014

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
The postscript to the dating sim chapter was actually kind of sad. Poor Tomoda. ):

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Seo continues to be awesome, even in the space of one page. :allears:

These made me re-read the Salmon chapter, still hilarious. It's too bad that it won't be animated yet.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mikorin really is the best heroine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Soylentbits posted:

Is there any way to interpret that picture nonsexually? I'm struggling to come up with the scenario that ended with them on a bed and Hori's hand on Kashima's rear as he readies himself to bite her leg. I'm thinking tragi-romantic zombie play.

I'd like to return to this briefly since the extras shed a bit of additional light on this. It was mentioned in passing during the sleepover issue, but Hori really is just a dedicated leg man.