Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simoom
Nov 30, 2009
Well, she fulfilled her vow of not crying anymore, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

This is my favorite kind of FT chapter. 'We're gonna do the generic shoNO gently caress THAT DOING SOMETHING ELSE'

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
After all the buildup, if Igneel finally shows up from the Volcano he's been sitting on he better wreck some serious poo poo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I hope this just turns into a Big Bad Rumble between Mard Geer/End, Acgnolia, and I guess Zeref might show up too? I want the missing dragon parents and the protags sidelined for awhile in any case. I love it when major bad guys throw down.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Chapter 400 is up What a tease.

I didn't expect Igneel was inside you all of long to be so literal

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Considering that Acgnolia's whole thing is that he's a dragon slayer who became a dragon by just killing shittons of dragons, I'm not sure I buy that Igneel's going to win this one. Even if the others pop out of their slayers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Huh, surprisingly this didn't come out of nowhere. Who knew that Mashima was capable of foreshadowing?

qscerg
Dec 29, 2005
Well guess that explains why Natsu was stuck inside the magic zone set up way back during the little civil war, that stopped people over 80 and statues from crossing the borders. Stopped Gajeel too, so possibly all the dragons have taken refuge inside their slayers. Guess that could also be an excuse for how quickly they powerup, but probably won't even mention it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

For all his other faults, I will say that Mashima can draw some rad as hell dragons. Also I'm 9 years old.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Some part of everyone in this thread is a 9 year old who wants to see some :krad: dragons.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Fairy Tail Zero chapter 3 is also up.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

chumbler posted:

For all his other faults, I will say that Mashima can draw some rad as hell dragons. Also I'm 9 years old.
"Fairy Tail is for your inner 9 year old" sounds about right

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I dunno, I don't recall being obsessed with big old titties when I was 9.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kinda wish we have more flashbacks with poppa igneel being a good dad to natsu. :3:.

I have to say that all-in-all this arc's been pretty good.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

So it's pretty much outright implied that the other girl is dead and only Mavis can see her, yeah?

Zogundar
Dec 5, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

So it's pretty much outright implied that the other girl is dead and only Mavis can see her, yeah?

I'm not sure what's up with that. That was my initial reaction too, especially considering I was surprised to see her alive in the first place after what happened in Chapter 1. But if she were a ghost it'd be weird that she'd age, and Yuriy does seem to be talking to her after his initial surprise.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Zogundar posted:

I'm not sure what's up with that. That was my initial reaction too, especially considering I was surprised to see her alive in the first place after what happened in Chapter 1. But if she were a ghost it'd be weird that she'd age, and Yuriy does seem to be talking to her after his initial surprise.

I'm pretty sure he's talking to her the way a parent would talk to their kids imaginary friend. He asks her one question that Mavus answers.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Rodyle posted:

Considering that Acgnolia's whole thing is that he's a dragon slayer who became a dragon by just killing shittons of dragons, I'm not sure I buy that Igneel's going to win this one. Even if the others pop out of their slayers.
I don't think it should be expected that he'll take out Acnologia. He's just stalling so that Natsu'll live to see another day and powerup to come back and beat Acnologia/END/whatever else.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zogundar posted:

Mavis speaks up right away after Zeira, though. Yurly's physical expressions, his reaction to the whole thing, the fact that nobody noticed Zeira this whole time despite her playing straight man to Mavis and barely even hiding, the fact that Mashima has Mavis talk right after Zeira to trick the reader, etc. just make me think that there's gonna be a Mavis-was-dead-all-along twist in the future.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh, that explains the confused and then pained expression he has after Zeira is introduced. I thought something seemed off about that whole sequence.

Also, the first chapter ends with "not a single one survived," and Zeira's name box in chapter 2 doesn't give her age like Mavis's does.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 14, 2014

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Mavis is a cool kid, but the art's starting to become inconsistent

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nahxela posted:

I don't think it should be expected that he'll take out Acnologia. He's just stalling so that Natsu'll live to see another day and powerup to come back and beat Acnologia/END/whatever else.

It's not like he's going to die. Fairy Tail isn't that kind of story. Odds are decent that he gets his rear end kicked and Natsu flips out so hard that he actually is able to drive off Acnologia.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He might die. People die all the time in this manga. They just don't stay dead, is all.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

He might die. People die all the time in this manga. They just don't stay dead, is all.

Not a single good guy from Fairy Tail has died.

Even the old guild master of Sabertooth that Sting punched a hole through survived, surprisingly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thoren posted:

Not a single good guy from Fairy Tail has died.

Even the old guild master of Sabertooth that Sting punched a hole through survived, surprisingly.

Simon died. Also Jackel murdered everyone on the magic council.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Urtear died (though she will doubtless come back eventually), and I'm pretty sure Jellal has died multiple times. Or was it multiple Jellals that each died once? I get confused sometimes.

Thoren
May 28, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Simon died. Also Jackel murdered everyone on the magic council.

Weird. I have no memory of Simon at all. Even after browsing the wiki.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Whats the deal with the super perverted picture of Erza at the beginning, I originally thought it was a horrible Mangareader fan art that they throw at the beginning of the comics but it showed up at the start of the Manga Stream version too. Is it a massive coincidence or was that part of the issue?

milktwice
Feb 15, 2012
Fairy tail has now a monthly fairy tail magazine which where the Grey and Mavis comics come from and that weird Erza picture was a piece drawn for the magazine by some other mangaka that I guess is friends with mashima. At least that's what I've heard.

Oben
Aug 7, 2004

Oh, the lights changed
Yeah, it's by the guy who draws Prison School, which has a character in it who always looks like that for no reason. If anything, Erza is lucky we can't see a detailed outline of her vagina.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Serious Frolicking posted:

Urtear died (though she will doubtless come back eventually), and I'm pretty sure Jellal has died multiple times. Or was it multiple Jellals that each died once? I get confused sometimes.
Nah, Urtear just turned into an old lady.

Jellal had a clone that he killed, though I don't know if the clone counts as being a living person. Then Jellal also died and came back. I don't think Mystgun (Mystogan?) ever died. He just went back to his home dimension.

Thoren posted:

Weird. I have no memory of Simon at all. Even after browsing the wiki.
He was one of Erza's childhood friends with the metal jaw and eye patch. He died towards the end of the Jellal Ehterion Tower thing story, and his sister is that swordsman who wants to kill Jellal because of Simon's death.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also Hades was killed by Zeref.

Also presumably the two mooks that were with him. Also the "godslayer" guy was killed by Zeref.

Incidentally Fairy Tail is really bad at overselling the badguy mooks.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Hiro Mashima has released a new one shot for a non FT story called Starbiter Satsuki - http://readms.com/r/one_shot/Starbiter%20Satsuki/2542/1

I enjoyed it, before the inevitable fall into creepy land. That being said I would probably read this as a full series. It amazes me how much work Mashima can do when guys like Oda are practically killing themselves just doing one comic.

furushotakeru
Jul 20, 2004

Your Honor, why am I pink?!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Hiro Mashima has released a new one shot for a non FT story called Starbiter Satsuki - http://readms.com/r/one_shot/Starbiter%20Satsuki/2542/1

I enjoyed it, before the inevitable fall into creepy land. That being said I would probably read this as a full series. It amazes me how much work Mashima can do when guys like Oda are practically killing themselves just doing one comic.

Probably depends on a lot of factors such as:

1) How much of the art gets pawned off on staff vs done by the artist themselves.
2) OP's backgrounds are many times more complex than FT.

In most chapters of OP a lot more actually happens than in most chapters of most other manga. Although lately the series has been getting bogged down with too many things happening at once in too many places.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

DeadBonesBrook posted:

Hey he broke his own theme naming He has had 3 series.(One a one shot) each with a protagonist named after a Season. He still needs a protagonist named Fuyu.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey he broke his own theme naming He has had 3 series.(One a one shot) each with a protagonist named after a Season. He still needs a protagonist named Fuyu.

Which one shot had Aki in it, out of curiosity?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mashima has a new one-shot

http://readms.com/r/one_shot/Starbiter%20Satsuki/2542/1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Which one shot had Aki in it, out of curiosity?

Monster Soul.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

Monster Soul.

Huh. This is the first I've ever heard of that. Welp, Mashima's stuff is always fun at the least so I'll check it out. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

New Chapter

Foreshadowing with 'Don't read or destroy E.N.D.' and a promise death flag being raised.

• Locked thread