Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
We really need to get an influx of new goons to stick around with us and join in on the shenanigans. Anyone on the fence about joining, give it a try -- we've got a good group of people in the guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

I've got the closest castle to vesper i can secure some chests in the cellar for the noobs. I will holler in game when I play.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
I'M A TURTLE AND I'M SURFING, THAT'S CRAZY!
Didn't we setup the dojo or the gh for newbies to live out of? I suppose they should be used for that first before we worry about plots. I think the dojo is mostly friend chest.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Ok just confirmed....Hogan setup the GH first floor with all friend chests and poo poo for new guys. Send the new people that way.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Suffer not the lobbyist to live.
Ok, made the first possible iteration of my new house design. Gonna sleep on it before committing. Thanks again

sturmgeschutz
Jan 22, 2009
okay nice, whats hogans ingame/IRC nick ?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

At what point is it viable to take my bard out, provoke wise? Bunch of pks have been hitting the bard room heavily the past 2 days and I'm barely getting any gains

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
80s-90s you can do shame 5 pretty easily.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I did ice fiends for a bit today before deciding that my tamer is a million times faster.
Gonna drop barding for .............................. something, I dunno

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005

KetTarma posted:

I did ice fiends for a bit today before deciding that my tamer is a million times faster.
Gonna drop barding for .............................. something, I dunno

I use provoke on my tamer as well... Works double time.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Ehh... I've been attacked by PKs enough that I'd rather have the survivability from having wrestling and resist.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
But Provo tamers are the most op Pvm build of all time doe

grossghost
Jan 13, 2011
Who wants what remains of my poo poo? Pretty much a small tower in minoc and whatever is left in it and maybe a couple ethys.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

I'll take an ethy <3

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I'll take the tower and whatever you feel like throwing my way.

grossghost
Jan 13, 2011
I'm gonna be at Minoc bank on a character named Super Shredder for the next half hour if you see me say something.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004
Shitttt did I miss this? I could use an ethy =x

FAT-N-GAY-4-PAY
Sep 22, 2005
Don't leave :(

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005
Im still here baby. I'll never leave you.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

never gonna give you up

ps I made my bard into a fisher because barding made me sad.

Gonna get on the MiB train, only 6 months late.

Mage, Eval, Med, Wrest, Resist, Fishing.................................and what?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Keep an eye on my custom goons. If it didn't fall yet it will soon.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

KetTarma posted:

never gonna give you up

Mage, Eval, Med, Wrest, Resist, Fishing.................................and what?

I dont think you have resist on a provo fisher...whatever saba uses is pretty optimal.

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005

KetTarma posted:

never gonna give you up

Fisherman archer is op.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

I am currently downloading and looking forward to playing a game I literally haven't seen since I was 15. I remember selling a tower I placed in a spot really close to Britain when they launched player housing and then selling it on Ebay for like $450 or something that was insane to a 15 year old. My parents didn't understand how I could have $450 in a Paypal account for something I sold on the Internet in 1998 (or whatever year housing launched). They insisted it was for drugs for at least a week. Good times.

Anyway, see you guys in-game soon!

Is it still optimal to take 50 magic resist on a new character since that poo poo is so hard to level up?

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

NPCs will train almost every skill to between 40 and 50.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I don't mean to poo poo up your thread or anything but I've been hearing a lot about Albion Online being the true successor to Ultima Online and it just went into alpha (obtainable through giveaways/founder packs) today. Anyone given it a shot? I want to know from the perspective of people who actually play UO.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't mean to poo poo up your thread or anything but I've been hearing a lot about Albion Online being the true successor to Ultima Online and it just went into alpha (obtainable through giveaways/founder packs) today. Anyone given it a shot? I want to know from the perspective of people who actually play UO.

:getout:

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

Dark fall is the true successor to ultima online I thought
Or was that the game where you had a dog
Or maybe that was the half dozen other games that claimed that

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Keep an eye on my custom goons. If it didn't fall yet it will soon.

Your house is greatly worn sir. Please refresh it since I am apparently not your friend.

Surfing Turtle
Jun 18, 2004

Eptiliom posted:

Your house is greatly worn sir. Please refresh it since I am apparently not your friend.

Whoever owns the house wiped the list like 2 weeks ago at least. I couldn't refresh his or bears house.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

KetTarma posted:

Dark fall is the true successor to ultima online I thought
Or was that the game where you had a dog
Or maybe that was the half dozen other games that claimed that

Wasn't there some amazing goon drama that happened on Darkfall?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Charles Bukowski posted:

Wasn't there some amazing goon drama that happened on every MMO that has existed?

Yes.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Are we allowed to discuss it? I'd be curious as to what happened.

KetTarma
Jul 25, 2003

no you are not allowed to discuss it because the secret goon illuminati will shut you down

probably involved some nerds doing nerd poo poo to other nerds so some nerds got mad at other nerds

thats how it usually goes

i remember in eve online the guildmaster stole a bunch of internet space ships so someone hacked his computer and faxed naked pictures of the head nerd to his business
i think thats peak goon right there

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

KetTarma posted:

no you are not allowed to discuss it because the secret goon illuminati will shut you down

probably involved some nerds doing nerd poo poo to other nerds so some nerds got mad at other nerds

thats how it usually goes

i remember in eve online the guildmaster stole a bunch of internet space ships so someone hacked his computer and faxed naked pictures of the head nerd to his business
i think thats peak goon right there

The real question is, why did the head nerd have naked pictures?

And that was GoonSwarm I think infiltrating Band of Brothers corporation. It made gaming news when it happened, I remember reading about it in PCGamer magazine way back.

Eptiliom
Jan 15, 2005
They are bringing back the zombie event this week. I have been playing on test and its great fun. Its UO at its purest form.

Sound
Oct 18, 2004

Eptiliom posted:

They are bringing back the zombie event this week. I have been playing on test and its great fun. Its UO at its purest form.

So fun.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Sound posted:

So fun.

Goddamn quit it with that enthusiasm

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
I tried refreshing your house snafu but it appears you have also defriended your neighbor so I can't sorry yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complexity
Jul 11, 2005
I saw a post that said the GMs went through and cleared out Friend/CoOwner lists of houses that haven't been logged in to. That's why some of these houses are having issues. Plain and simple, if you want to keep your house, LOG IN.

• Locked thread