Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

7 spots left :f5:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

The son of Harold Bird has secured himself an entry into glorious combat, to avenge his father and claim glory for the bird family.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

I hope Senator Hornstrong winds up on a team with this guy. It has to be this way. Name it team "The Committee to Elect".

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Time to lose all my dorfbux in the first round again!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Three places left

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
:siren: New version of the mod for this tournament! All commissioners please download! :siren:

http://arenachallenge.com/dwarffort/df_40_11_arena.zip

This version expands the arena slightly, to make room for the fourth fighters in the starting corners.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Glad the size was expanded, will give me a chance to test a new and improved strangler.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Glad the size was expanded, will give me a chance to test a new and improved strangler.

Yeah me too for my gremlin. New, and "improved." Well new, anyhow.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bad Munki posted:

Yeah me too for my gremlin. New, and "improved." Well new, anyhow.

BUGFIX: Munki's gremlins now spontaneously combust, as intended.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think I could work with that, actually. Or rather, my odds would at least be significantly improved, as I would be a little less in control of the outcome.

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.
Jazzimus: Is there any way to delete an inactive fighter from my profile I no longer want? There's a maximum of four inactive fighters so it won't let me create a new fighter and I'd prefer to go with a different race than the inactive fighters I've accidentally created in the past.

That said, I'm entered either way.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

VladTheEater posted:

Jazzimus: Is there any way to delete an inactive fighter from my profile I no longer want? There's a maximum of four inactive fighters so it won't let me create a new fighter and I'd prefer to go with a different race than the inactive fighters I've accidentally created in the past.

Sure, which one(s) do you want to get rid of?

Also, just TWO spots remaining!

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Hey, popped you a PM Jazzimus :)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

ONE LAST SLOT Cmooooon!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

woah i filled the last slot, how about that.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'm in the same team as Bad Munki. Welp.

Munki, Spermy, Mlle, contact me on Skype, I'm sagoon.mydad

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

my dad posted:

Munki, Spermy, Mlle, contact me on Skype, I'm sagoon.mydad

I don't have skype. Email is captaincrunch00 at gmail.

We have a team of four little dudes. Argh.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Little Green (Wo)Men would make a nice, descriptive name for our team, I think.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i have no idea what i'm doing.

:getin:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Matthew Beet posted:

i have no idea what i'm doing.

:getin:

Welcome to the world of Dwarf Fortress. Enjoy your stay.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Pantherrpg, Testekill, Goodchild, you're with me. Skype handle is my SA name.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
As I'm sure most of you are already aware...

:siren: YOU MAY NOW SPEND YOUR POINTS ON SKILLS AND WEAPONS, AND MAY NOW PLACE BETS ON THE FIRST ROUND MATCHES :siren:

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

my dad posted:

Munki, Spermy, Mlle, contact me on Skype, I'm redacted
Munki and Spermy on the same team?! This is too good :suspense:

Looks like we're a pretty small team, unwantedplatypus, Zwingley and Segway Rave. If you want to talk tactics, my email's bene.elim.42 at that gmail thing

Best I've got for a teamname is either 'Modern Family' or 'Two and a half Dwarves'. Please tell me you have better.

[EDIT] Only now do I remember that Gnomes can't wield spears...

Bene Elim fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Sep 14, 2014

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Looks like my team is pretty small. That's cool, less of us to hit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You guys are insane if you think there's any way I'm "planning" or "communicating" about "builds" before the "fight." :colbert:

That being said, my dude's ready to go, let's get this show on the road. :haw:

grobbendonk
Apr 22, 2008
team 1 can pm me so we can spend hours thinking about a name and not worrying about any strategy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
My guy is a gnome. He carries a knife.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is it beneficial at all to put a few leftover points in kicking or wrestling or something, or does that just mean my fighter will try to kick and wrestle people occasionally instead of attacking them with his weapons?

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

So Team The Committee to Elect if you want to co-ordinate tactics or Revengeance gags I am at Kirasect at gmail.

So many senators.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Jazzimus, I thought I remembered you letting someone buy a ranged weapon and use only the ammo in a previous tournament. Is there anyway I can get my fighter to use bolts?

Bene Elim
Feb 9, 2010

The beast from Crete that can't be beat!

Duckaerobics posted:

Hey Jazzimus, I thought I remembered you letting someone buy a ranged weapon and use only the ammo in a previous tournament. Is there anyway I can get my fighter to use bolts?
IIRC, Vox did that back in tournament 2 or 3, before we were using macros. It's still doable, but would require commissioners to do more than running the macros.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
So, er, Team 10 (Spoggerific, Maugrim, Anta), want to co-ordinate at all? Drop a PM.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
Two snakes and a strangler, huh? I'm sure there's a Chrissy Hind joke in there somewhere or other. Hello, Team 11.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Team 8 (astus, Silverminnow, Ninjavitis) I feel like we have a pretty strong comp.

I've entered my build. Feel free to PM or whatever if you'd like to coordinate.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
My e-mail is unwantedplatypus@gmail.com if you guys want to communicate.

As for a team name, I was thinking "Family Feud."

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

All these big people with weapons :ohdear:, this is not the friendly party Noserubbed thought it would be! Tunicate, Pickled Tink, Lorrdernie, if you want to collaborate on builds, my e-mail is black_dragon_neurion at that yahoo place. Alternatively, Skype user ID that's the same as the e-mail, minus the domain.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Frozen_flame posted:

So, er, Team 10 (Spoggerific, Maugrim, Anta), want to co-ordinate at all? Drop a PM.

Don't have PMs. Start a Google hangout maybe? I'm morikins on the ol' gee mail.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Neurion posted:

All these big people with weapons :ohdear:, this is not the friendly party Noserubbed thought it would be! Tunicate, Pickled Tink, Lorrdernie, if you want to collaborate on builds, my e-mail is black_dragon_neurion at that yahoo place. Alternatively, Skype user ID that's the same as the e-mail, minus the domain.

Coordinate? I have literally no idea what I'm doing and plan on staying that way thank you very much. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey ZeeToo, Tarezax, and Supradog! Any ideas for team names/build suggestions? Much like many others I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing! :newlol:

• Locked thread