Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Podima posted:

Hey ZeeToo, Tarezax, and Supradog! Any ideas for team names/build suggestions? Much like many others I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing! :newlol:

I can't think of a clever name yet, I'm afraid. If you leave that up to me, we'll be Team Adequate.

As far as what you're doing, I have at least a couple thoughts, since I know Tarezax and I have gimmicks in mind and Supradog's a bit limited because there's only so many things a gremlin can do, leaving you the only one flexible right now. Check your PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Bought all my skills before I found out that I could view my opponents and teammates. Whoops!

Oh well, SRIRACHA FARTSTORM will wreck all of yas anyways. What's our team name, boys? I could stand behind The Sausage Fest.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Bought all my skills before I found out that I could view my opponents and teammates. Whoops!

Oh well, SRIRACHA FARTSTORM will wreck all of yas anyways. What's our team name, boys? I could stand behind The Sausage Fest.

You can reset equipment and skills, you know.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

What's our team name, boys? I could stand behind The Sausage Fest.

Sounds good to me!

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!

Jack the Lad posted:

I've entered my build. Feel free to PM or whatever if you'd like to coordinate.

Sent a PM, we can also do a google hangout if you all wanna e-mail me at Mercuryminnow@gmail.com.

VladTheEater
Dec 30, 2008

Ahhhhhh, fresh meat.

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Sure, which one(s) do you want to get rid of?

If you could purge Goldzilla, Antrea and The Cretan Cretin, that would be great. Thanks!

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Team 6 i.e. Brick Moses, HerpicleOmicron5, ignite memories: let us communicate! Contact me at rageincarnate1 on Skype or kingcohort@gmail.com so we can work out some semblance of a strategy. Looking at our builds and our fighters, I think we need one. :ohdear:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Nah, we got this, let's just hack everybody to pieces.

paultimothywatts _ at _ g mail _ dot _ com, if you really think we should be coordinating, but I gotta warn you, I'm pretty married to this halberd.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

I wouldn't dare deprive Harold Bird II of his father's weapon, but my concern is our treehuggers--they need a bit of diversity.

Plus we need a name!

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 14, 2014

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

King Cohort posted:

I wouldn't dare deprive Harold Bird II of his father's weapon, but my concern is our treehuggers--they need a bit of diversity.

Plus we need a name!

Sent you an e-mail.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Hey, guys, I did some testing, and, apparently, archery skill literally doesn't do anything. :stare:
Either that, or the RNG had some fun with me.

The ratio between grandmaster archer wins vs no skill dude wins was 16:14

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

ZeeToo posted:

I can't think of a clever name yet, I'm afraid. If you leave that up to me, we'll be Team Adequate.

As far as what you're doing, I have at least a couple thoughts, since I know Tarezax and I have gimmicks in mind and Supradog's a bit limited because there's only so many things a gremlin can do, leaving you the only one flexible right now. Check your PMs.

How about the Menacing Spikes?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

my dad posted:

Hey, guys, I did some testing, and, apparently, archery skill literally doesn't do anything. :stare:
Either that, or the RNG had some fun with me.

The ratio between grandmaster archer wins vs no skill dude wins was 16:14

Did you try it where both guys had some Bowman skill?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Did you try it where both guys had some Bowman skill?

I'll try it now. I'll even give them some armor to see if it effects penetration maybe.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare
If anyone else from Team 9 needs to talk with me, email me at Httpyeah at yahoo dot com or speediercat on skype

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Tarezax posted:

How about the Menacing Spikes?

Do we have any spikes to menace with?

Menacing Lack of Spikes?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
After testing, I find no noticeable difference between combatants that have iron ammo, iron armor, 8 crsb, 4 dodge and combatants with the same build but with 8 archer skill added.

I would like to ask other goons to try this and similar setups out and see if I'm just having a bad RNG day.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZeeToo posted:

Do we have any spikes to menace with?

Menacing Lack of Spikes?

Perfect!

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I see at a bare minimum a firing speed increase with skill, and it looks like better damage with higher skill. Archery seems to reduce shooting to one side or the other.

Tested with bows and kobolds/soldier ants. Haven't run much crossbow, because no one uses crossbows.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

I've set up antastic's skills. If anyone from Team 9 has any objections, feel free to contact me at (my forum name without spaces)@gmail.com.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Say uh, if anyone wants to coordinate or just talk generally chat about team, let's see... Oscar Pistorius's gun club, you can email me at locomotivebreathsa@gmail.com Though it seems like most of us have spent our points already. :v: That's cool though. We don't need no coordination! I mean, we do have me after all. We're pretty much set.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 14, 2014

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Lord Rand Paul is also ready to go, but we need a good name Team 9.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I've contacted Frozen_flame and Maugrim on my team about organization. Team 10 only needs to hear from Anta now.

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Spoggerific posted:

I've contacted Frozen_flame and Maugrim on my team about organization. Team 10 only needs to hear from Anta now.

Ah, I'm here now. Send me a PM or contact me at jonanta on gmail or hangouts.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Spoggerific posted:

Sent a PM to you. First suggestion: Barefisted Platinum Greaves.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Frozen_flame posted:

Sent a PM to you. First suggestion: Barefisted Platinum Greaves.

Are you guys honoring the Platinum Helms or announcing a rivalry with All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long?

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

I'm just going to try to build to complement what we have now, but my email's taskbarcrow at gmail for All Slade Gauntlets etc.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Anyone on team Ugly Stick want to coordinate?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nah I'm good. If it helps, Tiger Uppercut is exactly what he sounds like.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Guys we need a name. We can't be team 6. I put up a placeholder in case we can get any corporate sponsorship but we should really come up with something.

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
I've taken the initiative and renamed Team 10, borrowing the idea for the team's name from Anta's fighter.

To other Uselessly long cumbersome team name team members, my fighter's build is only a placeholder. I'd like to go over it a little bit once we get a google hangout or something set up.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008
So, looks like my original gimmick of making Dan "The Beast" Severn isn't going to happen. But at least I can warn other people away from thinking wrestling is a good substitute for a weapon. I just now pit The Beast with max Wrestling and decently high Fighting and Striking, along with some basic armor, up against a naked human. The naked human won. Sure, it was a close fight that could have gone either way, but a naked human with no skills should not put up that much fight against anything.

Guess I need to think of a new gimmick for the Beast.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Wrestling and striking is only good for bigger guys.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Friendly reminder to everyone: YOU CAN BET! YOU CAN SPEND YOUR PRECIOUS GOONCOINS AND EARN BACK EVEN MORE!

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

Dear members of Team 9, in honor of our evenly distribution of height I'm temporarily naming our team Misleading Bar Graph. Please feel free to change this, I just wanted to stop being Team 9. Also, as mentioned, feel free to add me on Skype if you need to chat, pun pundit and I have already touched base.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

my dad posted:

Are you guys honoring the Platinum Helms or announcing a rivalry with All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long?

Both.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Whatever team has Lord Rand Paul on it should strongly consider the team name Purestrain Adamantine.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
I've taken the liberty of renaming Team 13 to Armok's All-Stars. Feel free to PM me.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

To our teammate useless halfwit run by Coward: considering your weapon choice, armor may be entirely moot. I wouldn't recommend spending on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
See, you are trying to change your teammates ideas. That's where we are going to pull ahead of the competition.

We have Bad Munki on our team. He got a kill with Slade gauntlets last time so he refuses to change his build. The rest of us figure if you can't beat him, join him.

I am the outlier on our team. I decided as a snakeman to put my one boot on my tail and make it Slade. Grandmaster kicking on a naked snakeman with a single Slade boot on his tail? That's gotta be terrifying to see hopping at you.

• Locked thread