Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

The Efreeti Standard was adding roughly 6-7k dps versus a t2 cotf weapon that is 22/112. This was autoattacking with all relevant dps discs/clickies running, including the cotf weapon(s) getting a bit of a skewed advantage from my proc disc running much longer than it should have since it was a guild hall parse. Also the Standard was augged with a 2 dmg lower aug as well. The whip added on another 1-2k dps advantage once I got it. This was all with 5 minute or so parses, I'd like to run longer ones with the oldschool weapons sporting the same augs.

I can only speak for what it does with current group gear. But when you consider the top raid 1 handers are sporting the same mediocre 22 delay the group stuff is, I doubt anything right now is touching the efreeti standard with Bosque running. One of the tier 1 raid daggers might outdo the whip since they at least have 19 delay, but then a raider will have the added bonus of rk. III Bosque as well.

E: here's the main disc that makes this possible, if you need help understanding why delay is king:

Bosquestalker's Discipline Rk. II

1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 5249
2: Increase 1H Slash Damage Bonus by 5249
3: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 8503
4: Increase 2H Slash Damage Bonus by 8503
5: Increase 1H Pierce Damage Bonus by 5249
6: Increase 2H Pierce Damage Bonus by 8503

Bosquestalker's Discipline Rk. III

1: Increase 1H Blunt Damage Bonus by 5511
2: Increase 1H Slash Damage Bonus by 5511
3: Increase 2H Blunt Damage Bonus by 8928
4: Increase 2H Slash Damage Bonus by 8928
5: Increase 1H Pierce Damage Bonus by 5511
6: Increase 2H Pierce Damage Bonus by 8928

Ultimately, I just find it high comedy that Ranger archery burns have been stagnated into the dirt since House of Thule, and the melee disc that finally became it's heir is so wacky that I'm running around with weapons that are over a decade old to maximize dps. Also, I really wish I had a Mosscovered Branch to test out.

The337th fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

I've got a ton of free time coming up so going to make a necro on test, hopefully poopsock to eventually get up to raiding. I have a guy's 100 mage info I can use to summon pet stuff for but I don't want to use it to PL, just for pet stuff but I've never had a pet class so not sure what pets, specifically a necro pet especially low level can even use or should use.

Any ideas?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Pretty sure you can just give him all the top level poo poo and only the weapons won't proc until a certain level, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You won't (shouldn't be) pet tanking until 100 anyway if you're trying to poopsock properly, so it doesn't really matter

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

Cool, leveled to 24 before doing testbuff so I'd get the feel of it first, so many new convenience changes since I last played.

In as Deadwing if anybody wants to gently caress around with a lowbie

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Everybody be sure to check out our rockin' new website front page! RBD is truly a god amongst designers and has somehow managed to embed FLAMES THAT MOVE. THEY MOVE ON THE PAGE. It's like we're already living in 1998! The future is HERE, don't miss out on your chance to be one of the first people ever to see his new custom "gif" formatted fires! They're tacked everywhere randomly for no reason, so you can't miss em!

http://lobguild.org

:suicide: :emo: :suicide: :emo: :smithicide:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Visit our webpage at https://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/7481 !

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MrTheDevious posted:

Everybody be sure to check out our rockin' new website front page! RBD is truly a god amongst designers and has somehow managed to embed FLAMES THAT MOVE. THEY MOVE ON THE PAGE. It's like we're already living in 1998! The future is HERE, don't miss out on your chance to be one of the first people ever to see his new custom "gif" formatted fires! They're tacked everywhere randomly for no reason, so you can't miss em!

http://lobguild.org

:suicide: :emo: :suicide: :emo: :smithicide:

Opening them both in separate tabs gives the lob site some pretty great background music.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Ninkobei posted:

Opening them both in separate tabs gives the lob site some pretty great background music.

Hahaha

I didn't even check what that link went to. I did spend the time to make sure it was an accurate geocities neighborhood, though.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

Hahaha

I didn't even check what that link went to. I did spend the time to make sure it was an accurate geocities neighborhood, though.

It was pretty much perfect

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
What specifically can i do to get my 70 SKs defense skill up ? It is 190/300, the merc has been tanking too much while leveling.

I dont have a pet class available for /duel.

Im thinking of going somewhere where the enemies are green, pulling a bunch, and letting them beat on me while my healer merc heals? Is this gonna work, and where should i go in that case?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
If you're on test just go to the arena and summon a few test dummies and back yourself into a corner so they can gangban attack you.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

If you're not on Test, I think mobs have to be light blue to increase defense skills. Just go to the oldest expansion you can and let one beat on you. Yes it will take a long time :( Luclin may have some light blues at 70, if not I know PoP will

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Yeah I think sanctus seru can get you skill ups, or plane of fire

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I must be in LOB's arch-nemesis guild, Relentless Insanity. Everyone here hates you guys. Is Thohr the guy everyone always made fun of in general chat?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah that guild's composed of 75% people who were kicked from LoB, which is really saying something :shobon:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

That's maddrox's paladin I think, funny if he's still mad about getting kicked like a year ago.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
rainbowdash found its way into the serverwide paladin channel HOW THE gently caress DO I GET IT OUT. that channel is the best of the serverwide class channels too, theres absolutely no heated arguments in it ever and we're all pals. please send help

also sunmistress wants me to raid with you tomorrow, should I?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

He's probably in there cuz sunmistress and narknon always chatting about it.

We'll probably be attempting Argin-Hiz some more. Maybe a farm target like Neriak1 or DH2. Definitely come raid if you're bored or whatever and want to make fun of people.

larrydigital
Feb 21, 2004

Say Queensbridge.
I'm not going to get a chance to log in this weekend, out of curiosity, what's the SC price on the Wayfarer's Pocketed Rucksacks megabundles?

Also, how many are in a bundle?

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Node posted:

rainbowdash found its way into the serverwide paladin channel HOW THE gently caress DO I GET IT OUT. that channel is the best of the serverwide class channels too, theres absolutely no heated arguments in it ever and we're all pals. please send help

also sunmistress wants me to raid with you tomorrow, should I?

Hey now, SK channel is the exact same way, plus no RBD. Clearly the bestest serverwide class channel now :smugdog:

You should raid just to see the clusterfuck 100%

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

larrydigital posted:

I'm not going to get a chance to log in this weekend, out of curiosity, what's the SC price on the Wayfarer's Pocketed Rucksacks megabundles?

Also, how many are in a bundle?

7500 for 5
6750 if you have all-access.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Anyone know how long you can put off accepting a quest/mission reward? It will probably be six months or more before I buy the new expansion and play again, and I'm sitting on a few partisan rewards from RoF zones.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

I think you can have a max of 10 pending quest rewards

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Anyone know how long you can put off accepting a quest/mission reward? It will probably be six months or more before I buy the new expansion and play again, and I'm sitting on a few partisan rewards from RoF zones.

Don't zone with more than 10 rewards pending.

I should go do some rof zones up till the final steps of their partisans. I have a bunch of 6-10aa rewards banked, but I should be able to store up about a level in exp by floating some of my unfinished rof stuff.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Don't zone with more than 10 rewards pending.

I should go do some rof zones up till the final steps of their partisans. I have a bunch of 6-10aa rewards banked, but I should be able to store up about a level in exp by floating some of my unfinished rof stuff.

I've been meaning to ask this, do you know what the best rewards are to store that you can get from repeatable quests? I've done all the partisans and such since rof so that isn't an option.

Rise of the Ancients in Dragon Necropolis gives 7 AA per reward window so thats 70 AA right there, but it's just a flat AA grant and doesn't give real exp.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Is headshotting still good xp or did that get nerfed?

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Is headshotting still good xp or did that get nerfed?

The proc rate is really low now compared to what it was. The level cap did go up a bit though. I've learned to just treat it as a nice bonus when it fires, and not something to depend on for consistent kills.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So I just loaded up my Paladin who I haven't played in 8 years. I'm level 70 and I have no idea where to start/what to do next. Any ideas?

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

The Rage posted:

So I just loaded up my Paladin who I haven't played in 8 years. I'm level 70 and I have no idea where to start/what to do next. Any ideas?

the "correct" answer seems to be, roll a toon on FV and pay a guy 500k(8$) gold to let you raid copy full sets of gear and items to test. Lots of people I know are rerolling 9k+ aa toons just to do this. Seems like a waste, and it just means I get more loot in raids so I am okay with it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

If you're willing to put in time to raid, it shouldn't take long to get geared up in any normal live server raiding guild. Unless they have some really lovely loot rules.

But at level 70 you won't be doing any of that. Get yourself a cleric merc and talk to franklin teek in pok for the 60, 65, and 70 hot zone quests. You might be able to find some others doing those quests to group up with.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

jetz0r posted:

If you're willing to put in time to raid, it shouldn't take long to get geared up in any normal live server raiding guild. Unless they have some really lovely loot rules.

But at level 70 you won't be doing any of that. Get yourself a cleric merc and talk to franklin teek in pok for the 60, 65, and 70 hot zone quests. You might be able to find some others doing those quests to group up with.

Sounds good, he sent me to GoD zones last night and gently caress was that annoying trying to solo my way out there. Is there any goon presence on Tunare? Or should I eventually xfer servers?

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 12, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

You should be able to find some great upgrades in the bazaar. Elaborate defiant is the base gear for 70s,I think. Can also testing by levels and sort by HP, more HP, more better item.

There aren't many goons around who aren't raiders. The lower levels don't seem to hang around for long. Test,xegony, fv, and bristle are the servers with active goons.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ninkobei posted:

the "correct" answer seems to be, roll a toon on FV and pay a guy 500k(8$) gold to let you raid copy full sets of gear and items to test. Lots of people I know are rerolling 9k+ aa toons just to do this. Seems like a waste, and it just means I get more loot in raids so I am okay with it.

This is both true and something I totally don't understand. Granted, I have a raid copy bard and pally, but I didn't pay for either of them and I only use them as raid boxes when we have low numbers. If you loiter in Test general long enough, most of the people you see buying raid copies are more addicted to buying and having them than doing anything with them, though. I have no idea what the point of actually using them is, honestly. It defeats the point of doing any group stuff whatsoever, and almost all of the ones who use them to raid burn out pretty fast since we're mostly in farm mode now and there's nothing to spend DKP on.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Tank or Healer merc for Bard soloing?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Kortel posted:

Tank or Healer merc for Bard soloing?
Which level? Even for a tank class, tank merc is king up until the low 50's. They have ridiculous AC and health regen, and can take up to 4-5 mobs at a time, even red cons.

At high levels (70+) I don't see how a bard could keep a tank merc alive, so I assume a healer merc and you tanking/dps'ing relatively weak mobs would be best. I don't know if bards can still kite, but that would also lead to a healer merc being best, perhaps just popping it for buffs and the occasional out of combat heal.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Pilsner posted:

Which level? Even for a tank class, tank merc is king up until the low 50's. They have ridiculous AC and health regen, and can take up to 4-5 mobs at a time, even red cons.

At high levels (70+) I don't see how a bard could keep a tank merc alive, so I assume a healer merc and you tanking/dps'ing relatively weak mobs would be best. I don't know if bards can still kite, but that would also lead to a healer merc being best, perhaps just popping it for buffs and the occasional out of combat heal.

Currently level 7. So I'll test out kiting or group tanking with a tank merc while I can.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Use tank merc to like 65-ish (71 or so if you can clear out the hole or solo it) then swap to a healer or kite. I'm not sure which would be faster as I never solo'd on my bard. Might be able to find some outside zone and swarm kite non-summoning mobs.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Tank merc to 65, then you get to learn the exciting and often deadly charm kiting method or your ability to solo xp grind as a bard is effectively zero. Trying to swarm kite is futile past 65-70 because your AE dot lines just don't keep up with mob health even remotely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd9QBz8jaao

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So glad The Hole is still good for AA farming, I'm missing like every essential AA for dps, I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking when I chose my first 200 8 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I'm back to playing on Test so reoffering to PL goons with my handful of swarming SK's. If you just want to come back and gently caress around and do old raids I can PL you to 85 in around 2 hours and give you plat / 32 slot bags / help you with your epics / whatever.

If you're serious about wanting to play again for more than just doing really old poo poo I'm willing to PL you to 100 with a few thousand banked AA's (so you can resetaa and get auto granted ones then have a few thousand to spend for 85-100).

Class doesn't matter, I can PL anything in the same amount of time.

Send Passenger a tell/mail or message me on AIM under THEREMICION.

Edit: I don't have plat on SA so don't send PMs here.

Midnight City fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 15, 2014