Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ragequit posted:

Were the Smash keys guaranteed if you had Platinum status or was it still random? I never received any.

Did you opt-in to Nintendo emails by September 8?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Strange Quark posted:

Did you opt-in to Nintendo emails by September 8?

Most likely not. I was hoping I could find them on my club account. Ah well.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

IGN says in addition to having been platinum and opting in to emails, you also have to have registered your 3DS. Guess what I left out when I was rounding up all my old codes four months ago? :smith:

At least the waiting period's only a week.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Welp, I picked up Kid Icarus, anyone have some tips?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Find a good table

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Austrian mook posted:

Tip: have fun!

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Austrian mook posted:

don't hold the 3ds like a idiot

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Remember: Sakurai is God and you are his disciple.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've played the first level and half of the second one. Do I really need to bother with all this weapon buying, upgrading, and fusing or can I just get by with whatever I pick up?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

greatn posted:

I've played the first level and half of the second one. Do I really need to bother with all this weapon buying, upgrading, and fusing or can I just get by with whatever I pick up?

any weapon you decide to use can be used, you just need to find the appropriate difficulty. If you want to do everything on 9.0 naturally you'll need strong weapons, and if you find you really like how a particular weapon works (the style of attack can vary even within weapon type, some quite strongly) you can figure out how to make better versions of the same thing.

But no, you can certainly get by on what you find in the wild.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Good cause the game seems fun but I really don't give a poo poo about grinding or fusing or shops.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They will throw weapons at you like crazy as the intensity goes up anyway, so you don't even have to put any thought into it if you don't want to and just fuse all that garbage away.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I don't think I ever really bought any weapons until after I beat the game.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

greatn posted:

Good cause the game seems fun but I really don't give a poo poo about grinding or fusing or shops.
Don't grind at all. Take a break every 4 or 5 stages to fuse up the poo poo you pick up every stage that you don't use so you get stronger gear to try out. If you just want to go through the game as simply and baby like as possible, set the intensity to 2 or 3 and cruise through the game with the first weapon given to you and none of the powers.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I think I mostly used drops from levels/multiplayer and got by just fine. I bought cheap weapons just to fill out the "Buy X number of weapons from the shop" achievements but that's it. As for fusion I didn't pay much attention to the nitty gritty of it but used it to make a few weapons I thought were cool/strong after I amassed enough.

night slime
May 14, 2014

greatn posted:

In X2 there is an order where you don't need to replay any stage for 100% completion. In X, you have to replay at least one stage to collect everything. Thus X2 is better.

This has been brought up before and I can't imagine how this bothers absolutely anyone.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Cause your not digesting new content your just going back over stuff you've seen before.

Anyways didn't matter, how bad does Kid Icarus hate us lefties? I'm interested in it but I also like my hands. Maybe with the New 3DS coming out they'll patch it? Think it's worth a gamble?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Playing Kid Icarus Uprising on anything beyond the normal difficulties is asking for your hand to get poo poo on if you are left-handed. I should know, I tried playing that game a lot on higher difficulties and every time I could never make it through the entire stage without my hand cramping up and I just quit the game at that point.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Cerepol posted:

Cause your not digesting new content your just going back over stuff you've seen before.

Unless you're using a guide or get lucky, aren't you going to be replaying the stages again anyway in X2 after you figure out the right order?

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I managed all but the final boss on an Intensity of 5.0 as a left handed person, but I agree anything above that begins to stop being worthwhile.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Cerepol posted:

It's half a stage to collect one optional heart tank. It takes longer to write a post complaining about it than to actually do it, and the game is perfectly beatable without it. There's an awful lot of hand-wringing over "100%" when the game doesn't even surface your completion percentage.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Shelf Adventure posted:

Unless you're using a guide or get lucky, aren't you going to be replaying the stages again anyway in X2 after you figure out the right order?

Yes I did so back when I played them I was just offering up a reason. If its you're first time it doesn't matter but when you've played it before it's nice to only have to go through each state once to play the later stages.

Allows quicker replays.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've played the first three levels of Icarus now and my hands don't hurt at all. I'm not using a stand and I'm basically holding it the same way I always hold it but with only my right hand. It's not uncomfortable at all. Is that because I'm using an XL and not really playing any more than twenty minutes at a time?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
It's because you're not a giant goddamn baby. I have mild arthritis in my relatively small hands and I never had a problem playing that game for an hour at a time.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I played Kid Icarus for five minutes and my hands fell off and turned to ash when they touched the ground, please advise

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

I played Kid Icarus and developed calcific tendinitis in my right shoulder. Makes play testing this new game I'm working on a bit tough, but I manage.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I played Kid Icarus and only watched the 12 minute long walk through movie and already this game is awesome.

Balcony
Sep 8, 2005
Dear Deidre...
Unused European Smash Bros Bros 3DS Demo codes. Take them if you want them:

A05VRQWU31JG0KQF
A05VP15K13UMHLKD
A05VQE2P000Q5M45

I thought the demo was pretty meh. It looks pretty ugly (compared to other games like MK7, 3D Land, Kid Icarus and Resident Evil Revelaitions) and there's so much going on screen that it's difficult to see on an original 3DS. Maybe it's better on a XL, but I think I'll stick to the Wii U version, which looks gorgeous from the screenshots.

1-Up
Aug 8, 2007

Balcony posted:

(...)
A05VQE2P000Q5M45
Thanks took that one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kid Icarus is destroying the youth of America.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Balcony posted:

I thought the demo was pretty meh. It looks pretty ugly (compared to other games like MK7, 3D Land, Kid Icarus and Resident Evil Revelaitions) and there's so much going on screen that it's difficult to see on an original 3DS. Maybe it's better on a XL, but I think I'll stick to the Wii U version, which looks gorgeous from the screenshots.

I was surprised to see that the game doesn't look pretty at all. And it's supposedly even using the Priority mode of the 3DS OS, as in it's using more memory than basically any other games so far. There's not even that many things on the screen, how can it possibly be so memory intensive?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Balcony posted:

A05VRQWU31JG0KQF

Took this one. Thanks :toot:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Inacio posted:

I was surprised to see that the game doesn't look pretty at all.

Hahaha what the heck, it looks amazing and it runs smooth as poo poo.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

I was thinking of getting just dance 2014 on the eshop for the sale, does it require a wii mote plus?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Smash 4 actually looks kinda pretty for a 3DS game, and even if you think the graphics aren't that great, it runs at an amazingly smooth (like, oh my god) 60 FPS at nearly all times (aside from Assist Trophies and Pokemon) so if you think it looks bad you must be crazy and/or expecting a little too much. :psyduck:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Color Printer posted:

Smash 4 actually looks kinda pretty for a 3DS game, and even if you think the graphics aren't that great, it runs at an amazingly smooth (like, oh my god) 60 FPS at nearly all times (aside from Assist Trophies and Pokemon) so if you think it looks bad you must be crazy and/or expecting a little too much. :psyduck:

It seems part of the trick to finding the extra horsepower was in disabling certain features, like the internet browser, whilst playing the game. Would also explain why the system does a mini-reboot each time I close the demo - its dedicating pretty much everything it can spare to run it.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

The only thing you can point out and call bad are the 30fps assist trophies/etc and it's barely noticeable. Smash Bros looks amazing on the 3DS, the framerate really seals it as one of the best looking 3DS games, I wouldn't listen to anyone disappointed by the graphics.

Has anyone made some progress into Teslagrad? I see it has some presentation problems but it really seems like my kinda game. I'm interested in hearing about the gameplay, I played the PC demo a while ago and it felt a bit loose and floaty- it looks like they tightened it up a bit since then but I can't really tell from videos

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I looked at a few videos of Teslagrad, and it certainly looks gorgeous. Is its handling also gorgeous?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm not a lefty, but I had much better hand-health results in Kid Icarus using a proper fat pen-sized stylus than the little ones which come with the system. I've no clue how much they are, mine was part of some bundle or another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Bruceski posted:

I'm not a lefty, but I had much better hand-health results in Kid Icarus using a proper fat pen-sized stylus than the little ones which come with the system. I've no clue how much they are, mine was part of some bundle or another.

The official one's like six bucks after shipping if that's all you're getting. (Mostly because it's got a 'the thing costs almost nothing' shipping discount.)

Note that they only come in DSi XL colors, so if you have an all-black or funky flavor 3DS XL and you can't stand not being coordinated this won't help you.