Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

I beat a 120-60 UR who had two $25 epics with:

30 UR Rey
30 UR Kane
30 Pro SR Andre
1 R Hennig
25 Pro R Eva Marie

And I have no reason to play at a higher tier. Rack up wins, switch Henning for Pro SR Del Rio, and take my UR+ picks.

I'd be hording picks until I have another dupe SR or UR available, if it wasn't for the chicken-egg problem there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I felt a little bad for beating a guy who had an Epic AND UR Macho Man Randy Savage, both of which I want.

Then I felt bad because I managed to get to Ultra Rare+, expecting another UR for reaching the next tier. R Justin Gabriel. What? Okay, maybe I have to have STARTED this round of card-pick in the tier. R Rey Mysterio.

loving GAME. The last SR it gave me was loving Fandango.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Steve Vader posted:

I felt a little bad for beating a guy who had an Epic AND UR Macho Man Randy Savage, both of which I want.

Then I felt bad because I managed to get to Ultra Rare+, expecting another UR for reaching the next tier. R Justin Gabriel. What? Okay, maybe I have to have STARTED this round of card-pick in the tier. R Rey Mysterio.

loving GAME. The last SR it gave me was loving Fandango.

You only get a guaranteed card when you enter a new rarity for the first time, not for plusses.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What are considered the best two (or four, if we're talking King of the Ring) Support cards to have in your deck at all times? I have one Rare each of Ladder, Manager, Stop, Taunt, Trash and Universe, and then at least two Uncommons of every Support card.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What are considered the best two (or four, if we're talking King of the Ring) Support cards to have in your deck at all times? I have one Rare each of Ladder, Manager, Stop, Taunt, Trash and Universe, and then at least two Uncommons of every Support card.

The highest rarity of whatever boosts your low points. My UR+ deck is a little weak in terms of Power, so I wish I had a R/SR Power boost, but my current ones work alright.

Yeah, up in UR+ now I'm seeing people with Epic avatars, three- or two-digit win totals, or low-three-digit wins and really lovely W/L ratios. And then you beat their deck 2-1 and count how many $25 cards they have and shake your head.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

harperdc posted:

The highest rarity of whatever boosts your low points. My UR+ deck is a little weak in terms of Power, so I wish I had a R/SR Power boost, but my current ones work alright.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I wasn't sure if there was one or two support cards that were absolutely necessary.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I use Second Wind, because +9 to all stats is useful for multi-stat matches, and I have low speed characters mostly, so I have the +Speed Boost. Forget what it is off the top of my head.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

Senerio posted:

I use Second Wind, because +9 to all stats is useful for multi-stat matches, and I have low speed characters mostly, so I have the +Speed Boost. Forget what it is off the top of my head.

Ladder is the speed boost.

I run with an SR Second Wind (+9 all), complemented with an SR Chair (+15 power).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I hit an Epic second wind (+19 all) when I got to epic tier so it's hard to have any card actually beat that for usefulness so I have a SR Stop sign (+20 Toughness) in the 2nd slot that I rarely use. I think ideally the 2 slots would be best used by +2 stat supports covering all 4 stats between them, but practicaly you just go with what you have.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'm only at Super Rare + so I haven't even encountered the Second Wind Support card yet.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
It's weird how many people in Epic tier have untrained Commons in their deck.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Apparently the left half of the blue diamond is a myth.
I have won 3 KOTRs since hitting Ultra Rare and all 3 of them have been lefts. Kane, Edge, and Chris Jericho.

Pulled an Epic Naomi last night as well, so my team is looking pretty legit at the moment. Once I finish leveling up and combining the UR Edge, my weakest link is gonna be my Max Pro SR Hogan.

I'm tempted to try and enter an Epic KOTR by actually putting decent cards on my bench but entering a KOTR and not making it to the finals feels like the biggest waste of time in the universe. Then again, even just making it to the contenders bracket gets you an Epic card, I think.

God I really enjoy this game.

smashpro1 posted:

It's weird how many people in Epic tier have untrained Commons in their deck.
There are a shitload of people who spent tons of money on this game only to play like 40 games and then drop it, it seems.

Oh, also, a tip for people who may not have found this out yet. If you feed a high level (training-wise) card to another, it will actually give a SHITTON of XP, relative to how fed the food card was. So you can feed your old, maxed out cards to your newer cards to get a huge boost on XP. This also means that if you are out of actual useful cards to train, it's not a bad idea to just train another card in the meantime to use as food later.

I don't know how much XP you're actually losing here, but for example, I fed my Max Pro Rare Natalya to my UR Edge last night and it bumped him from level 1 to level 27 (I think. It may have been my Max Pro SR Vince that got him to 27.)

cams fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 13, 2014

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

cams posted:

Oh, also, a tip for people who may not have found this out yet. If you feed a high level (training-wise) card to another, it will actually give a SHITTON of XP, relative to how fed the food card was. So you can feed your old, maxed out cards to your newer cards to get a huge boost on XP. This also means that if you are out of actual useful cards to train, it's not a bad idea to just train another card in the meantime to use as food later.

I don't know how much XP you're actually losing here, but for example, I fed my Max Pro Rare Natalya to my UR Edge last night and it bumped him from level 1 to level 27 (I think. It may have been my Max Pro SR Vince that got him to 27.)

The 2K forums say you get around 80% back, so using rares as XP storage doesn't come with much of a penalty. (PAD, by contrast, gives you about 5% back when you feed off something high level.)

I didn't see anything definite, but it seems like a pro of any given level is only slightly more effective than a non-pro - so you're better off not combining and using the two non-pros instead.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Sono posted:

I didn't see anything definite, but it seems like a pro of any given level is only slightly more effective than a non-pro - so you're better off not combining and using the two non-pros instead.
Oh really? I thought it was decided that feeding a Pro gave about 10% more than the two cards would give on their own combined.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

cams posted:

Oh really? I thought it was decided that feeding a Pro gave about 10% more than the two cards would give on their own combined.

It does at level 0, but I think he means that you lose some of the XP value you got from levelling when you turn a maxed pair of cards into a pro.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Let's give this a practical application: I have a Rare John Cena, trained to Level 19, that I've been using as an extra tag team guy in my KOTR deck. When I eventually outgrow him, I would be better to use that Cena for training fodder right away, rather than waiting for another Rare Cena to combine him with. Correct?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Blasmeister posted:

It does at level 0, but I think he means that you lose some of the XP value you got from levelling when you turn a maxed pair of cards into a pro.
Ah, my bad. Yeah, this is correct.

The Goog posted:

Let's give this a practical application: I have a Rare John Cena, trained to Level 19, that I've been using as an extra tag team guy in my KOTR deck. When I eventually outgrow him, I would be better to use that Cena for training fodder right away, rather than waiting for another Rare Cena to combine him with. Correct?
Yes, this is accurate. Though if you're like me and committed to (trying) to complete the card catalog for no reason beyond insanity, you'll combine them anyways :V

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I like how SR and UR Andre have essentially the same portrait.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I just fought an ultra rare Ric Flair, and it's the first Flair I've seen at all, in any category. And I've been playing since almost day one. Is he new??

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Borrowed Ladder posted:

I just fought an ultra rare Ric Flair, and it's the first Flair I've seen at all, in any category. And I've been playing since almost day one. Is he new??

No, he's only ultra or above. I've seen plenty of epic and legendary Flairs.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
After you win King of the Ring, you have to wait the same amount of time that you usually do between matches to receive your reward.

I already stayed up half an hour later than usual to see if I won and get my cards, game! :argh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

The Watch posted:

After you win King of the Ring, you have to wait the same amount of time that you usually do between matches to receive your reward.

I already stayed up half an hour later than usual to see if I won and get my cards, game! :argh:

worst, I had to wait for round 3 to process even though I lost 2-0 the most recent time.

and I know I mentioned it before but counting up how many dollars people spent on this game is kinda eye-opening.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Finally made the finals of an epic tier KOTR, now to train my Max Pro Epic Booker T and hopefully crush some suckas in Legendary tier. :toot:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I acquired an N64 with Revenge, WM2000 and No Mercy, but I have forgotten how to use the other guys finisher and taunts. How ya do that?

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
hold down a and b with the stick.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I learned how to convert ps2 .max save files for Fire Pro Wrestling Returns into PSN save data so that's turned my time with the game around. :toot:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Beer_Suitcase posted:

I acquired an N64 with Revenge, WM2000 and No Mercy, but I have forgotten how to use the other guys finisher and taunts. How ya do that?

A+B to steal finisher. Back and forth on the stick to taunt.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

cams posted:

There are a shitload of people who spent tons of money on this game only to play like 40 games and then drop it, it seems.

I fought a dude in Epic the had an untrained Common Tyson Kidd and a maxed Ultra Rare Pro Sandow. :iiam:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

smashpro1 posted:

I fought a dude in Epic the had an untrained Common Tyson Kidd and a maxed Ultra Rare Pro Sandow. :iiam:

If you ever come across opponents that have two commons and three high-level cards in their deck, that's entirely intentional on their part. Some people use that strategy to farm picks. The two common cards keep their exhibition deck in a lower tier, giving them a bunch of easy wins like 90% of the time. They save up their picks, replace the commons to move their deck to a higher tier, and then go on a card picking spree.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

it's possible these people are trying to intentionally get themselves into a lower tier. Running the ringer strategy to farm picks is possible, but you would still be lower tier than you'd be able to achieve so your rewards are lower if you did so and win/loss ratio doesn't actually matter.

E: ^^ backing out of picks is time consuming on iOS though that would work. Plus it's not that hard to run the game normally and get like a 7:1 win/loss ratio and not need a bunch of superpowerful cards.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Sep 15, 2014

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you
I got to UR+ last night and in 12 boards, I have only gotten 1 Rare Ladder.
I have gotten 6x Toughness Boosts, 3x Speed Boosts, 1x Strength Boost and 1x Charisma Boost

I have 1xUR (Cody Rhodes) and 10xSR...none of which I can combine.
Surviving on my Pro Rare Rock, Pro Rare AJ and SR Big Show and SR Cena...all maxxed out

Seriously considering dropping back down to SR++ in the hope to get some more SR's to combine...

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kaskadan posted:

I got to UR+ last night and in 12 boards, I have only gotten 1 Rare Ladder.
I have gotten 6x Toughness Boosts, 3x Speed Boosts, 1x Strength Boost and 1x Charisma Boost

I have 1xUR (Cody Rhodes) and 10xSR...none of which I can combine.
Surviving on my Pro Rare Rock, Pro Rare AJ and SR Big Show and SR Cena...all maxxed out

Seriously considering dropping back down to SR++ in the hope to get some more SR's to combine...

King if the Ring. Even if you don't qualify, you still get an SR.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Blasmeister posted:

E: ^^ backing out of picks is time consuming on iOS though that would work. Plus it's not that hard to run the game normally and get like a 7:1 win/loss ratio and not need a bunch of superpowerful cards.

The types of people who approach the game that way are also the same people who say not to combine lower level cards feeder cards because the time you spend combining them is time that you could have spent farming picks.

Edit: They also really care about their meaningless W/L ratio.

interpunct fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 15, 2014

Kaskadan
Mar 28, 2010

I've got some bad NOMS for you

smashpro1 posted:

King if the Ring. Even if you don't qualify, you still get an SR.

KOTR I am still (just) in the SR group. My Pro Rare cards beat all my SR cards and I haven't been levelling any of my SR's because I honestly expected to get a at least one pair as I went through SR, SR+ and SR++ in exhibition mode.
I will get a pair of SR cards if I win or get to the finals.

I have started levelling my SR Eddie based on wanting a "Left Blue" with good a good speed stat...hopefully I get a pair for him soon.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Just started playing Supercard, and I'm Superdumb because I can't figure out how to alter my deck. My understanding is that I only have 5 wrestlers and 2 supports in there at a given time, but it's telling me that I have common Virgil, for example, in my deck. I'd like to remove him from the "In Use" category such that I can use him to train up my better cards, but can't figure out how to make that happen. Can anyone please help me out?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Jonny Angel posted:

Just started playing Supercard, and I'm Superdumb because I can't figure out how to alter my deck. My understanding is that I only have 5 wrestlers and 2 supports in there at a given time, but it's telling me that I have common Virgil, for example, in my deck. I'd like to remove him from the "In Use" category such that I can use him to train up my better cards, but can't figure out how to make that happen. Can anyone please help me out?

It's probably in the King of the Ring deck.

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
All cards are in use when you start playing until you go to King of the Ring tutorial and complete it, I believe.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Good god Andre is common - I just had a match against a guy with 3 Pro SR Andres.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've gotten 5 SR Vince McMahons. I can't bring myself to abandon all hope of cards I want and spend time building up to ANOTHER pro Vince McMahon, nor can I bring myself to feed my excess Rares to Vince, Cena or Miz - I want to save them for good characters. My Pro R Rock is starting to look weak. Pro R AJ is still holding up fairly well, but not as well as she used to.

I'm in UR+ and still only have an UR ladder.

I wish I could set the ladder as champ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Sono posted:

Good god Andre is common - I just had a match against a guy with 3 Pro SR Andres.

It seems like everyone I play against has SR Andre, SR Big Show, or SR Brock, if not all three.