Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Homestar Runner posted:

Shut up Retail Slave

...we're still doing this, right?
ALWAYS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy

Homestar Runner posted:

Shut up Retail Slave

forever and ever Amen

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Homestar Runner posted:

Shut up Retail Slave

:hfive:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

All the fans went from wildly cheering to :smith:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Cole posted:

I hope Mike Evans has a punctured lung simply because I will hate his loving guts if he only got the wind knocked out of him.

imkidding about hoping for the punctured lung but not about the second part

you're a fuckhead, congrats

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hi retail slave

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I can't wait to watch the Bears.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

rebel1608 posted:

That rule needs to be changed that is bullshit

Seriously he ran off the field as fast as he could, they didn't even need to stop the clock for him.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Retail Slave posted:

An ugly win is better than a pretty loss every single time. I'll take it.

the heck is a pretty loss even

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Cole posted:

I hope Mike Evans has a punctured lung simply because I will hate his loving guts if he only got the wind knocked out of him.

imkidding about hoping for the punctured lung but not about the second part

gently caress off. This kind of poo poo is why football players don't report injuries.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

A Pale Horse posted:

I don't know if I can do this poo poo all season long. What a catastrofuck that whole game was.

It was really entertaining to see as a neutral on RedZone but as an actual fan of one of those teams it must've been infuriating.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

kidcoelacanth posted:

What happened to Mike Evans

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

BILLS BITCH

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The ending of that TB game was sad. Not like that

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Seriously he ran off the field as fast as he could, they didn't even need to stop the clock for him.

He was laying face down on the ground, what were the refs supposed to do, spot the ball on his rear end and let TB snap it off of him for a spike?

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Fenrir posted:

Also, there are actually people who watch the big bang theory?

Seriously?

I don't have much faith left in the american public to lose, but jesus christ this is testing me

Yeah. People generally have really terrible senses of humor. Jim Parsons that guy that plays the dude with Asperger's on Big Bang Theory just won an Emmy over Louis C.K., Don Cheadle, Ricky Gervais, and William H. Macy for best actor in a comedy series. I know awards are bullshit but that kinda says something about what people actually find funny.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

He caught a long pass to put them into FG range but got whacked in the process. Needed to be helped off the field but the Bucs had no injury timeouts left causing a 10 second runoff and thus the end of the game.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Got injured. Buccs were out of timeouts. By rule there was a 10 second run off to end the game.

The kick is that the Buccs were in FG range and would've won the game with a FG.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

caught a pass with 8 seconds left and no timeouts, got clobbered, was injured, injury runoff ended the game

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

he caught a pass over the middle and got hurt on the play leading to a ten second runoff and the end of the game by rule

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

gently caress off. This kind of poo poo is why football players don't report injuries.

reminder that Cole was the poster who argued about how Donald Sterling should be allowed to say whatever the gently caress he wants because :confused:

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Casu Marzu posted:

the heck is a pretty loss even

A team can still look good and lose. But a team can also look like horseshit and win.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

where is the miss america gdt

TBC
Jan 12, 2006

Glazers gonna Glaze

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Caught a 29 yard pass over the middle to put them in field goal range. There was about 13 seconds on the clock and he went down injured. No timeouts, so they called a 10 second runoff and game over. No fault of Evans at all, he was genuinely injured. Just one of those things.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Ussr posted:

Yeah. People generally have really terrible senses of humor. Jim Parsons that guy that plays the dude with Asperger's on Big Bang Theory just won an Emmy over Louis C.K., Don Cheadle, Ricky Gervais, and William H. Macy for best actor in a comedy series. I know awards are bullshit but that kinda says something about what people actually find funny.

Jesus that's even more depressing when you see the who he was competing against.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Homestar Runner posted:

reminder that Cole was the poster who argued about how Donald Sterling should be allowed to say whatever the gently caress he wants because :confused:

Because people should be allowed to say whatever they want in the privacy of their own home without it being exploited.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
Why didn't they set the clock back to 13? They let it run to 8 before calling it, and he was loving RUNNING OFF THE FIELD!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Cole posted:

Because people should be allowed to say whatever they want in the privacy of their own home without it being exploited.

:laffo:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Andio posted:

Why didn't they set the clock back to 13? They let it run to 8 before calling it, and he was loving RUNNING OFF THE FIELD!

because refs

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Go Bears.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Cole posted:

kidcoelacanth posted:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Side note: Until this game, I thought Geno Smith was a huge joke, but he had some great passes, he hung in the pocket in the face of serious pressure and he did not make a single game-ending mistake. He's already better than the Sanchize and he's got room to grow.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:allears: Jordy interview

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Retail Slave posted:

A team can still look good and lose. But a team can also look like horseshit and win.

Cole posted:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean who even knew Kevin Nealon and Dana Carvey were still alive

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ussr posted:

Sometimes I naively wish I could live forever.

This reminds me that the sweet embrace of death will one day comfort me.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

euphronius posted:

I mean who even knew Kevin Nealon and Dana Carvey were still alive

dana carvey had a movie come out last year and did the talk shows

hes still pretty funny

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

surf rock posted:

Side note: Until this game, I thought Geno Smith was a huge joke, but he had some great passes, he hung in the pocket in the face of serious pressure and he did not make a single game-ending mistake. He's already better than the Sanchize and he's got room to grow.

Ive always been a pretty big supporter. I think he gets screwed quite a bit in terms of perception. That 2nd TD pass was very nice, too bad nobody will actually know about it, haha. He also doesnt have a guy like Jordy Nelson that can make all those ridiculous catches endlessly. Every ball he throws for his receivers has to be perfect.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Ussr posted:

they're all good except gervais who is poo poo tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

PrinceRandom posted:

they're all good except gervais who is poo poo tier.

I absolutely agree but he's popular for whatever reason. I didn't include Matt LeBlanc in that list for what it's worth.

• Locked thread