Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Al! posted:

wind waker's inverted x-axis is literally killing me

since youre playing on pc you can fix this v easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Awia posted:

since youre playing on pc you can fix this v easily

youd think but something about the way the xinput driver interacts with the emulator I'm suing causes it to default to standard left-right

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

if you play mass effect 3 you can be a batarian and punch everything in the face

mass effect 3 had some of the best coop multiplayer ever somehow

like its super basic and all the rounds are the same thing but its so fun

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Al! posted:

youd think but something about the way the xinput driver interacts with the emulator I'm suing causes it to default to standard left-right

doesn't dolphin let you change literally everything ever? i assume youre using dolphin

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Awia posted:

doesn't dolphin let you change literally everything ever? i assume youre using dolphin

oh stupid me i was being bad at emulators and i had to actually select the device i was putting input into because it defaulted to mouse and keyboard. works like a game human beings would play now

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Al! posted:

oh stupid me i was being bad at emulators and i had to actually select the device i was putting input into because it defaulted to mouse and keyboard. works like a game human beings would play now

the correct way is actually inverted x and y

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

inverted x supremacy

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Widdiful posted:

inverted x supremacy

now thats just weird

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
why would you ever invert

ever

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

inverted y in first person, x and y in third person

i like to pretend i'm flying a plane at all time in fpss

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
invert y not x what's wrong with you

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Awia posted:

fpissssssssss

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

inverted anything should be punishable by death except for inverted y in flight/space sims

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Al! posted:

you enjoy it now because you paid 60 bucks for it less than a week ago. in 6 months you will be talking about how its a bad game and what a mistake that was to buy it new

Idk about mistake but I doubt it has more than six months of entertainment we will see

Man destiny crawled up your rear end and died huh

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

if its a third person game then moving the stick right should move the camera right you dummies

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

hubris.height posted:

Idk about mistake but I doubt it has more than six months of entertainment we will see

Man destiny crawled up your rear end and died huh

the new content should be fun, at least this should keep me busy till Warlords of Draenor comes out, then my life is over

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Widdiful posted:

if its a third person game then moving the stick right should move the camera right you dummies

this is correct

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

f\ive

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Widdiful posted:

when you want to look at something to your left do you move your eyes or head to the left or do you physically circle around it to the right until it comes into your vision

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i feel that controls should be inverted only if the person playing the game wants inverted controls

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

Al! posted:

when you want to look at something to your left do you move your eyes or head to the left or do you physically circle around it to the right until it comes into your vision

touché

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

corn in the bible posted:

i feel that controls should be inverted only if the person playing the game wants inverted controls

it can only be one way or another drat it

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
well i bought a ds4 controller. looking forward to subpar 3rd party programs to steal my info.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
oh yeah LD and all the other JRPG people here, there's a homebrew 'hack' for the vita out now. no piracy stuff, but you can get all the free demos and drm free games you want. also install whatever emulators were there for the psp.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

saucepanman posted:

oh yeah LD and all the other JRPG people here, there's a homebrew 'hack' for the vita out now. no piracy stuff, but you can get all the free demos and drm free games you want. also install whatever emulators were there for the psp.

there have been a couple, is this still update specific?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

it's for 3.18 which is the curret one (i think?)

Drastic Actions posted:

CMA = Content Manager.

First, you download the exploited zip file. In your case, you need to download "VHBL Ports and usermode psp exploits". Then extract your specific save file from what archive (I needed the Japanese Region Patapon save. All the regions are there.). Copy the save file to where your save data folder is (it's in PS Vita/PSAVEDATA/{idNumber}/).

Then you copy that over with CMA (or Open CMA as Coughing Hobo linked to, which you should use whenever Sony gets around to updating the firmware). Plug in your Vita to the computer with CMA, then go into the Content Manager program, select "Computer -> Vita", and select the save game. Then copy it.

For Patapon, just run the game, select continue, and select that save game. It will load and ask you to hit the button to continue. Do that, and it will launch VHBL.

---

For emulators/homebrew, it's similar. For emulators, pick one from here. Download and extract it into your PSP Save game folder. Keep the folder structure!

Inside that folder will be "INSTALL.ZIP". Extract that (Again, keep the folder structure!), go into that folder and put your roms in it. Then remove the original "INSTALL.ZIP" and compress the folder you just extracted into the new "INSTALL.ZIP". However, do not use any compression! Some zip programs call this "Store" mode. Make sure that option is selected. This works best with 7Zip, but you could probably use other zip programs to do this.

Then go back into CMA on the Vita, and copy that save over. When you launch the exploit, push the left trigger, then select that save game folder. It will ask you to install the homebrew, so select yes and it will copy it over. And that should be it. Push the right trigger, and launch the emulator.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

sharp! might pick up another vita for this during the holiday sale, not gonna risk the one i use all the time

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
this is the destiny review with highest score on metacritic (ps4): http://digitalchumps.com/game-reviews/352-playstation-4/destiny.html

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Okay, so I haven’t gone over every aspect of this game, but you now know enough to make an informed decision. It’s easy for me to tell you to go buy it because I was sent the limited edition PS4 set. It didn’t cost me a dime. Having said that, I can assure you that had I needed to purchase this game, I would have purchased this game. It was worth it in the alpha, beta and the retail version. It was everything I thought it would be and a bit more. Again, it’s not a perfect game, but for me it is a perfect experience. Having fun with my friends, exploring new places, playing a variety of PvP means more to me when it comes to fun gameplay and my purchasing decision than Bungie getting everything perfect in the initial release.

I honestly can’t wait to see more of this game as Bungie releases it.

/

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Vintersorg posted:

the new content should be fun, at least this should keep me busy till Warlords of Draenor comes out, then my life is over

please summarize for me as a 5 years free from wow person why i should care about the new expansion

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Instead of playing WoW play Shovel Knight

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Widestancer posted:

Instead of playing WoW do anything else

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

hubris.height posted:

please summarize for me as a 5 years free from wow person why i should care about the new expansion

did you like wotlk? because supposedly warlords is more like that then cata/panda

it looks like someone on the wow team had the same epiphany that the diablo 3 devs had and went hey, lets try making this one fun for everyone who is playing

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
neat

i will never go back to wow

but neat.

also i saw they were doing remodels of all the races but i guess they won't be out with expansion?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

hubris.height posted:

also i saw they were doing remodels of all the races but i guess they won't be out with expansion?

i quit right after wrath and they were talking about that then. hilarious.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I finally got around to playing Hearthstone for a couple hours. It's not bad. It lacks the depth of magic but you don't have to pay $3.99 for a pack of virtual cards and the client isn't a complete disaster like MTGO.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
finished the second strike in Destiny

-fend off x waves of enemies
-big stupid HP sponge boss with instagib laser beam and shittons of adds

so basically all of these are going to be exactly the same

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
is petit computer getting a native 3ds version? :allears:

Adbot