Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

RCarr posted:

You can taste the ragret.

Ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auryn54
Mar 15, 2004

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

this lovely dreamcatcher makes me so loving mad

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

This gem showed up on my Facebook feed.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Bitchkrieg posted:

This gem showed up on my Facebook feed.

Took me a few moments to realise it wasn't a weird-looking pizza.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

HelmetCheese posted:

this lovely dreamcatcher makes me so loving mad

Shawnee don't even make dreamcatchers, they are an Ojibwe thing. That's like a German getting mad when a Chinese person gets a tattoo of a Spanish bullfight.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
what's wrong with that? cultural appropriation is still cultural appropriation.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
That is a lovely tattoo of a dreamcatcher, but her whining is almost funnier.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?
e: nevermind, stupid derail

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I would love to know how crappy that armband was. Also it was done at a shop in Canada so maybe dude is commemorating his successful draft dodge? That skull is super goofy and it looks like hes a housing a turd in the side of his army beret.

Check out God's thumbs. Having the whole world in your hands is bad for your joints apparently

BhindiBhaji Boogie has a new favorite as of 15:39 on Sep 14, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
LIVE FOR THE MOMENT!

puts on headphones AND listens through the speakers at the same time

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

He might just be trying to insult the tattoo artist, but that really does look like it was done by a tweaker with a tattoo gun.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

I would love to know how crappy that armband was. Also it was done at a shop in Canada so maybe dude is commemorating his successful draft dodge? That skull is super goofy and it looks like hes a housing a turd in the side of his army beret.

Check out God's thumbs. Having the whole world in your hands is bad for your joints apparently

I think the crappy arm band used to be barbed wire. Look closely at the strip of ground the soldiers are standing on.

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009
Spike's Tattoo Competition, Ink Master, seems to have even worse tattooers than usual this year. All of the people who were tattooed volunteered for a free tattoo, so I guess you cannot feel too bad for them, but these are some terrible tattoos.

The worst of the night:

These were supposedly the best tattoos of the night:

Winner of the night is still a terrible tattoo:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Staryberry posted:

Spike's Tattoo Competition, Ink Master, seems to have even worse tattooers than usual this year. All of the people who were tattooed volunteered for a free tattoo, so I guess you cannot feel too bad for them, but these are some terrible tattoos.
The worst of the night:

What exactly is the point of this show? I have a friend who has no tattoos herself, but she's addicted to all of these tattooing shows. I don't see the allure.

Anyway, how lovely must that person feel, knowing their fresh new ink was voted worst of the night?

Also, content:

This is on the coworker of a friend of mine. My friend says she got it because she thinks having a tattoo makes her more "badass." It breaks two of my cardinal rules:
1. It was an impulse tattoo - she got it while she was on vacation. (ALWAYS sit on your idea for awhile to make sure you REALLY want it permanently etched in your skin.)
2. She let the artist draw it on freehand. (NEVER do this.)

One of their other coworkers apparently said it looks like "a bunch of grapes."

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

This is on the coworker of a friend of mine. My friend says she got it because she thinks having a tattoo makes her more "badass." It breaks two of my cardinal rules:
1. It was an impulse tattoo - she got it while she was on vacation. (ALWAYS sit on your idea for awhile to make sure you REALLY want it permanently etched in your skin.)

One of their other coworkers apparently said it looks like "a bunch of grapes."

That looks like something out of a really bad 80's colouring book.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

I like to think the scratcher started with the webbing bit, which looks a lot more like a mandala than a dream catcher, and had to be told he was drawing the wrong kind of Indian design.

I was unable to get a decent pic, but I saw a heavyset woman in her sixties wearing Capri pants with "Wine me Dine me Sixty nine me" taking up her cankle region. Walmart pharmacy usually has something for this thread. I should be more alert.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Staryberry
Oct 16, 2009

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

What exactly is the point of this show? I have a friend who has no tattoos herself, but she's addicted to all of these tattooing shows. I don't see the allure.

Anyway, how lovely must that person feel, knowing their fresh new ink was voted worst of the night?

There was at least one episode of Best Ink (another tattoo competition show) which had some really good artists. Theresa Sharpe won the season. It was fun to watch just because it's fun to watch talented people do their thing (the same appeal applies to Top Chef, for example). Ink Masters is so bad, most of the entertainment is delicious delicious schadenfreude.

They actually have the people who were tattooed vote on who of them got the worst tattoo. Sometimes people cry. Last season they actually invited people back to get coverups of lovely tattoos they had received earlier in the show. I believe that constituted "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Unironically owns.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Wrong thread

canis minor
May 4, 2011

On the thumbnail I thought it's a bat, hanging down. Still don't know what this thing rising from the world is.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Um actually quality tattoo artists can draw freehand and produce great work.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

eithedog posted:

On the thumbnail I thought it's a bat, hanging down. Still don't know what this thing rising from the world is.

I think the world is suspended in some sort of bag. Or a leg of those stockings that look opalescent when they catch the light.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

eithedog posted:

I believe that the world is supposed to be some galactic testes, and all of us are just star sperm waiting to be shot into the cosmos with the shuddering orgasms of God. :catdrugs:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Psychobabble! posted:

Um actually quality tattoo artists can draw freehand and produce great work.

The key word there being quality.

I'd rather my artist draw it out on a sheet so that I can ensure it's placed exactly where I want it.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

The key word there being quality.

I'd rather my artist draw it out on a sheet so that I can ensure it's placed exactly where I want it.

Yeah, my coverup was done on a sheet, placed, then he did some freehand over that to make sure it fit right and everything. I also never just walked in and got anything done without giving them time to work on it, though. Except my super overdone music notes behind the ears, because he just basically googled some flash and slapped it on me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Staryberry posted:

Hotlink massacre

Burn victim Tiffany decided to become a firefighter after her tragic accident, I see.

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Mildly :nws:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Wrong thread

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

why would you put :nws: and post the image anyways?

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

stuxracer posted:

why would you put :nws: and post the image anyways?

Because get over it you baby.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That actually owns, sorry.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I honestly love tattoos like this because you can tell they mean nothing to the owner other than a quick laugh. Like the guy says to people he just met, "hey, y'all want to see something funny?"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

1redflag posted:

I honestly love tattoos like this because you can tell they mean nothing to the owner other than a quick laugh. Like the guy says to people he just met, "hey, y'all want to see something funny?"

True, but they also signify that the owner of said tattoo is good for nothing else apart from the initial laugh over whatever stupid joke they got tattooed on themsleves in lieu of an actual personality.

And it gets old pretty quick when the weird guy keeps wanting to show you his dickbatman tattoo, and you are trying to hold a conversation.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Staryberry posted:

This one looks like a straight Gil Elvgren rip off. Well, kinda. Looks like he took the pose from one, gave it the clothing of another. He tried to do his own arms and face..

And they ended up being the worst parts. Such teeny tiny hands.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Staryberry posted:

massive image dump

The anatomy on most of these is just stunningly bad. Like torsos way too long, thighs way too long, necks way too long, feet and hands all janky, etc etc etc.

I mean seriously what the gently caress is wrong with her legs. Not to mention hands. And chest.

And this is like the longest torso on any human being ever. Her back leg appears to be maybe an entire foot shorter than her front leg. Yeah...

I tried to imagine myself getting one of these tattooed on myself and which one I would be least embarrassed to have. Not that I would sign up for a free random tattoo, but I think this one is the least worst:

I'd still be embarrassed though.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DorkusMalorkus posted:

And this is like the longest torso on any human being ever.

At least the tattoo didn't have wheels!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I want a girl with a short skirt and a loooooooooooooong loooooooooooong torso

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I mean seriously what the gently caress is wrong with her legs.

Related to Dagwood Bumstead.

• Locked thread