Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Yup, looking fine!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

My classics Grimlock finally came in the mail today (like a loving month late) and my collection of every worthwhile Grimlock (plus classics and movie) was complete!

Or so I thought

What the hell is this baby G1 Grimlock and how do I purchase it?

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I would think it's WST Grimlock

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Or maybe the middle one is the WST Grimlock and the smaller one is the real world's smallest. :tinfoil:

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Grimlocks all the way down

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I was on the internet, and I found this:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Sockser posted:

My classics Grimlock finally came in the mail today (like a loving month late) and my collection of every worthwhile Grimlock (plus classics and movie) was complete!

Or so I thought

What the hell is this baby G1 Grimlock and how do I purchase it?
Like others said, WST Grimlock by Justitoys, depending on your third-party rules you may be able to ignore it.

http://en.wikialpha.org/wiki/Commander_%28JustIToys%29

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
WELP that KO MP Sideswipe you all said I should buy?

loving WORTHLESS

The hole in the bumper for the belly-clip is either way too small, or the clip waay too thick, so the robot mode can't even begin to hold together.

Thanks for that, thread. Forty dollars, wasted.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I literally said that was one of the only issues and you just need to shave it down to fit, you loving spaz

Captain Invictus replying to your own drat post posted:

Yes, they're nearly indistinguishable from the real deal in most cases, though quality varies of course. I bought both him and Red Alert and they're both fantastic and chilling out on my desk right now, mine have tight joints and the only thing I had to fix was cutting down the little clip that the chest-hood plugs onto, but otherwise I heartily endorse them.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Sep 14, 2014

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Invictus posted:

I literally said that was one of the only issues and you just need to shave it down you loving spaz

I agree, if it's not flash around the peg, scrape the socket out a bit. I had to do that on the spoiler.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I literally said that was one of the only issues and you just need to shave it down to fit, you loving spaz

I'm sorry, my bad. I must have glazed over it. I feel like an rear end.

WELP I can't find my exacto knife right now but I'll take care of it. Sorry for going all nuts.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Regardless of what others have said/experienced, I would never be surprised by quality control issues in a knock-off.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Sockser posted:

You should try and find an Alternators Grimlock!

Just make sure it has the instructions....

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lepecard posted:

You should try and find an Alternators Grimlock!

Just make sure it has the instructions....

I believe I said I had every Grimlock worth having

not pictured: Leader Grimlock because he's off hanging out with the other movie Dinobots

If I can find a WST Grimlock for less than like, $30 I'll buy it.

I'm also still half-on the hunt for a G2 Grimlock just because.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

DoctorWhat posted:

WELP that KO MP Sideswipe you all said I should buy?

loving WORTHLESS

I bought a Sideswipe off of ebay
I must confess, I didn't read the thread
And I threw my brand-new toy at the wall

Worthless

:v:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

3 posted:

I bought a Sideswipe off of ebay
I must confess, I didn't read the thread
And I threw my brand-new toy at the wall

Worthless

:v:

oh my god

my idiocy is redeemed

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat

Sockser posted:

not pictured: Leader Grimlock because he's off hanging out with the other movie Dinobots

Nice collection but what's in that jar??

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
And when did Grimlock become a Star Sapphire?

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
A buddy is getting out of transformers to get into gundams. At least I got a prid black op for really cheap.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sockser posted:

What, no RID Grimlock? :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Lepecard posted:

Nice collection but what's in that jar??

A dead cactus :(

Anora posted:

And when did Grimlock become a Star Sapphire?

Hey man, I'm allowed to have other cool toys on my cool-toys-fireplace-mantle :colbert:

Blackheart posted:

What, no RID Grimlock? :colbert:

:stare:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sockser posted:

A dead cactus :(

Hey man, I'm allowed to have other cool toys on my cool-toys-fireplace-mantle :colbert:

:stare:

There's 3 RID Grimlocks, Regular, Wal-Mart Exclusive, and Universe Devastator Green.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The key phrase in the collection as Sockser described it is "worth owning." RID Grimlock is neither that nor a dinosaur, and can be safely omitted from the cool-toys-fireplace-mantel.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
His excavator arm ponytail begs to differ.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Took this guy out to a meet.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I should really temper my expectations after all the other movie Dinobots, but man, Snarl looks real fuckin' neat.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I fear for his Hasbro release not happening. Hopefully wave 3 does come out eventually? Also need to find me a Slog somehow.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

The key phrase in the collection as Sockser described it is "worth owning." RID Grimlock is neither that nor a dinosaur, and can be safely omitted from the cool-toys-fireplace-mantel.

He's a steam shovel that turns into a robotic man scorpion with no kibble. And not only that forms a leg or the arms to a combiner robot.

Being vastly underappreciated doesn't make it a bad toy. :colbert:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

I didn't buy Cybertronian truck Grimlock, why would I buy a dumb steam shovel? :smuggo:

E: though I suppose I still need beast wars Grimlock.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Beast wars grimlock has gold plastic syndrome

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

That explains why all the ones I've seen for sale have been for parts.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

WELP I fixed Sideswipe.

Sorry for flying off the handle.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

MP Star Saber is up for preorder on BBTS. I don't need to eat this March or anything. :shepspends:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The Taint Reaper posted:

He's a steam shovel that turns into a robotic man scorpion with no kibble. And not only that forms a leg or the arms to a combiner robot.

Unless you consider a giant steam shovel hanging off a robot's rear end to be kibble, which I do. He looks ridiculous, and, more importantly, nothing like anything I would accept as Grimlock.

Nice connector peg dick, bro. Man, I do not miss those days. And are those OG gorilla arms I spy? I can't tell.

You go girl, with your ironic hipster loving of mediocre toys because they bear a vague resemblance to classic Spider-Man villains, but I will continue to not allow that act of violence in my home.

quote:

Being vastly underappreciated doesn't make it a bad toy. :colbert:

Fair enough, but it doesn't earn it a space on the cool-toys-fireplace-mantel, either.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I love that you called someone else a hipster while referring unironically toy owning a toy as an act of violence showing we've officially just lost complete track of what that loving word means.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Grimlock:

Mostly Grimlock:

Sorta Grimlock, it's really a stretch here:

Not Grimlock:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think the Build Team is pretty cool and fun.

...even though they can't compare to the awesomeness that is Rail Racer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rei_ posted:

I love that you called someone else a hipster while referring unironically toy owning a toy as an act of violence showing we've officially just lost complete track of what that loving word means.

I... think he was just joking/exaggerating with that part?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Is this turning into meta/post irony or is the build team a fun toy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I find Build Team to be kind of lovely, and Keldroc is totally correct about RID Grimlock*. Really, neither RID combiner does much for me, but I tend to be immune to combiner mystique anyway.

*It feels really weird to even complain about toys from that era right now. RID was still in that era where plastic was great, QC was top-notch, and deluxes were sturdy as hell. Even Energon Hot Shot makes any given modern deluxe feels like a happy meal toy. So the Build Team was "bad" but only measured against toys from its own era.