Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
The AI Terrible Car thread has been on an RX-8 derail for like three or four pages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm sure it's fun to drive and handles well. High RPMs rule. But when you take in all the factors I just don't see why you'd ever get one

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

I'm sure it's fun to drive and handles well. High RPMs rule. But when you take in all the factors I just don't see why you'd ever get one

I feel ya. Ive enjoyed my RX8 for the last few years and highly recommend one to someone who is willing to actually keep up maintenance with it, but I totally understand just getting a used Z or v6 Genesis instead and not having to worry about any of that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

240 hp if you have a standard, pretty light for a car with a back seat, plus the perfect balance between the wheels honestly makes it a really fun track car that can take turns at 55 that Corvettes, Camaros, Mustangs and Zs have to slow down to 30 for. The MPG is a pain, but then again I'm not poor so I don't honestly give a poo poo unless gas hits $12 a gallon.

As per maintenance, its a lot better in the Renesis than it was in the predecessors.

That said my next car is probably going to be a G37 or a CTS-V

ive been planning on an 07-8 g35 mt sedan, but this winter is suppose to be ugly and i dont fancy trying to learn all the quirks of what would be my first rwd during a holocaust of snow. so im gonna wait til spring and by then may have enough cash saved up to grab a lightly used evo x

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

ive been planning on an 07-8 g35 mt sedan, but this winter is suppose to be ugly and i dont fancy trying to learn all the quirks of what would be my first rwd during a holocaust of snow. so im gonna wait til spring and by then may have enough cash saved up to grab a lightly used evo x

I'm not sure there's a such thing as a "lightly used Evo". I'd say look for a WRX STI or BMW with xDrive

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
lol

omg lol

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Don't do it man, G35s at this point are straight up high school on a Sunday

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm not sure there's a such thing as a "lightly used Evo". I'd say look for a WRX STI or BMW with xDrive

I mean by that logic I assume it'd apply even more to an STI?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Christoff posted:

Nah, most STI owners are pretty easy on them. Evo owners seem to be a crazier group because of their reputation as both rally and tuner cars.

Anyone drive this year's Dart yet? I've heard good things about them, still would rather own the Alfa ROmeo it's built on top of instead though

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Christoff posted:

The STI would be less of a reliability nightmare and will still have more than enough parts support, both OEM and aftermarket. It's game over for the Evo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I just don't know why they started making the STI and EVO so ugly and bland like a family sedan

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Christoff posted:

I just don't know why they started making the STI and EVO so ugly and bland like a family sedan

Blame Europe.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Christoff posted:

Uhhh what? The STI and Evo are both derived from family sedans, the Impreza and Lancer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Right but they weren't always so plain looking

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Christoff posted:

:confused:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, the newer Evos are actually pretty mean looking compared to how they used to look. No longer have the same silhouette as the loving Toyota Ecco, bigger grille, wider stance.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cars go vroom vroom beep beep

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

lightly used in a relative sense m8. as long as the only mods are boltons and its got less than 100k thats fine. i expect it to have some hard miles on it that comes with the territory

dont care for stis, ive driven and worked on both and i prefer the evo :shrug:

ps sorry this is killing you ebb

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Car chat:

Butt chat:

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Christoff posted:

This is enlisted for "why aren't gold alloy rims the factory standard?"

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
getoutmecar

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

This is enlisted for "why aren't gold alloy rims the factory standard?"

:confused:

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Christoff posted:

It'd apple to any sports car owner with enough disposable income, and lack of common sense. The enlisted man.

But for realzies, ever since Mitsubishi got rid of the 4G63, the evo has been lackluster as gently caress. 2015 might make up for it with their limited production, last run models being released, but I doubt it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Nobody who gave a poo poo about maintaining a car ever bought a loving Evo. It's guys who hated being stuck in a Civic SI and suddenly realized they could afford the payment on a $30,000 car.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

cars go vroom vroom beep beep

That's about all I can contribute.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress car chat bring back date chat. I'm getting back on the horse and tinder doesn't interest me. Anybody try match or something like that before?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
just go to the bar and pick up floozies like our lord satan intended

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I don't go to bars because reasons.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
sir i know youre a teetotaler but you could order a shirley temple or some poo poo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

OKCupid is actually pretty solid if you put a little effort into it. I met a previous girlfriend there.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

OKCupid is actually pretty solid if you put a little effort into it. I met a previous girlfriend there.

All it recommends for me these days are christian chicks and fat girls with kooky hair

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

sir i know youre a teetotaler but you could order a shirley temple or some poo poo

teetotalers can hang out in bars, i'm more of a raging alcoholic on the home stretch to a year sober

nine months last week :toot:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Get on okcupid and go on dates with chicks 40 lbs heavier than their profile pic lets on and shove garlic in their twat as some hippie health remedy, it'll be sweet

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
not everyone can be shim

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

teetotalers can hang out in bars, i'm more of a raging alcoholic on the home stretch to a year sober

gj dude

I did yahoo personals for a little while back when i was dating in like...2006. It wasn't the worst.

Plenty of fish was the ghetto since it was free

idk those were the two i tried like 8 years ago

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

gently caress car chat bring back date chat. I'm getting back on the horse and tinder doesn't interest me. Anybody try match or something like that before?

In the last year, OKCupid has been overrun with old people and fats trying to get in on what the sexy people were doing. If you're willing to take the time, there is still some quality on there, but be prepared to sift out a lot of chaff. Yoga classes are still a good choice, because it automatically filters out people unable to raise their hands above their head. No drinking either.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

someone post the honeyboy bradley punching a tranny online dating story

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

i was a raging drunk once then i went a year sober and havent been the same since :smith:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

someone post the honeyboy bradley punching a tranny online dating story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4-dlBVhQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i was a raging drunk once then i went a year sober and havent been the same since :smith:

didn't like sober you?

• Locked thread