Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Jus wait five years and it will come with even more goodies but cost $500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

LingcodKilla posted:

Jus wait five years and it will come with even more goodies but cost $500.

Or just make your own Space Hulk board, which is what I plan to do eventually.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

Or just buy it now and enjoy it. It's a good game with quality components and has some of the best terminator sculpts ever.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Slimnoid posted:

Yeah, I really just want the mini's. Hisrt Arts has great molds for Space Hulk interiors and the rules and game types are all already :files: anyway, as will these new ones.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I may be part of the problem, but I managed to grab a US copy of Space Hulk. I'd been regretting not getting it in 2009 for the past five years.

But yeah they're totally going to bring it out every five years to make a quick million bucks or however many copies they sell each time. They should do it with Blood Bowl too if they're smart, but they aren't.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cataphract posted:

Or just buy it now and enjoy it. It's a good game with quality components and has some of the best terminator sculpts ever.

Sold out on the UK webstore by lunchtime on saturday.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

If any codex will escape the character cull it will be DE. They're Jes Goodwin's pet project and I sincerely hope he's found the time do more work on them over the years.

Man, I hope you're right, but I've already resigned myself to the idea that I won't be building anymore Baron and Duke lists. I don't expect them to release all new resin HQ models at this point, and there are higher priorities for plastic HQ models

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Just preordered Space Hulk through my FLGS. They gave me a cool 20% off and they expect it in Thursday night. I'm pretty stoked, although that was a pretty big impulse buy on my part.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
gently caress it. I think I'm going to go for it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Now I won't be able to sell my Space Hulk from 2009 for like 200 bucks anymore :(

At least, not for a little bit.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!
I was seeing ebay listings going up on Saturday for £200+, nothing's changed.

Except that the GW store here has seven of them coming in and I got one :toot:

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Sykic posted:

Except that the GW store here has seven of them coming in and I got one :toot:

None of the stores near me (and by stores I mean store, and by near I mean an hour away) were getting them. So I ordered via the site for home delivery. Hopefully I don't get screwed.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Sykic posted:

Speaking of eBayers not getting it, there's a shitload of folks who think that the 7E DV rulebook is worth almost $50. Maybe some people are buying it at that price, but at that point you really are past the place where it's a more sensible business decision to buy the box yourself and part it out.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I went into a GW store at the weekend and saw 3 Meganobz being priced at £38. I had to double check the price Kromlech sell 3 Mega-Nob equivalents for £32.68 (after currency conversion).
I am going to assume that Kromlech have a lower sale volume and lower margin per model.

GW ain't gonna get a sale from me at that price.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

JerryLee posted:

Speaking of eBayers not getting it, there's a shitload of folks who think that the 7E DV rulebook is worth almost $50. Maybe some people are buying it at that price, but at that point you really are past the place where it's a more sensible business decision to buy the box yourself and part it out.

I have an alert for warham deals in the Bay Area and I'm a bit shocked at how many people are asking for MSRP or 10% off MSRP grey plastic semi assembled models (PRICES ARE FIRM).

Back up in Washington you could regularly get them for 50-70% discounts. I guess pretentious warhams are attracted to silicone valley or something.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
I never had good luck with local sellers, but some guy on ebay sold me 60 assembled and primed slugga boyz for $83 (shipped), and now I can't loving stop checking ebay for deals on mans.

EDIT: help.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

I have an alert for warham deals in the Bay Area and I'm a bit shocked at how many people are asking for MSRP or 10% off MSRP grey plastic semi assembled models (PRICES ARE FIRM).

Back up in Washington you could regularly get them for 50-70% discounts. I guess pretentious warhams are attracted to silicone valley or something.

EDIT: Somewhat disregard, thought you were talking about Space Hulk.

Well, if logic takes hold (HA!), the prices on resales should go down a bit since this is exactly the same set as the 2009 release. The only thing different is the expanded missions and a new cardboard panel for boarding torpedoes. The plastic models are all the same.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

BULBASAUR posted:

There's a guy around here that tries to sell his stuff at close to retail price, at best 20% off. The thing is, is that a lot of his stuff is in poo poo condition--put together horribly, painted barely adequately if painted at all, and whatever he uses to strip paint off models make them look like hot garbage. No one ever picks him up on his offers.

You'd think that being the president/former president of the local gaming club would mean he has a better understanding of how to sell his poo poo but noooo, he's a goddamn neckbeard who thinks his mans are worth anything close to what he spent on them.

Squifferific
Oct 17, 2004
Proud user of machines that go "Ping!"
Cross posting this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659184

Tuxedo Gin gave me a great deal on tanks, which I very rarely find for cheap on eBay.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

BULBASAUR posted:

Eh.. that's ridiculous. Go to Game Kastle (santa clara)flea markets and such. Get your deals there. Occasionally good deals will show up on craigslist - but not often.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Squifferific posted:

Cross posting this thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3659184

Tuxedo Gin gave me a great deal on tanks, which I very rarely find for cheap on eBay.

Oooo he has Tau stuff!

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Slimnoid posted:

There's a guy around here that tries to sell his stuff at close to retail price, at best 20% off. The thing is, is that a lot of his stuff is in poo poo condition--put together horribly, painted barely adequately if painted at all, and whatever he uses to strip paint off models make them look like hot garbage. No one ever picks him up on his offers.

You'd think that being the president/former president of the local gaming club would mean he has a better understanding of how to sell his poo poo but noooo, he's a goddamn neckbeard who thinks his mans are worth anything close to what he spent on them.

That's generally what I find on the ebay side. Portland may be an outlier in some respects, but I've found some amazing deals on craigslist. The last one I picked up was about $450 retail worth of Dark Eldar stuff for $75. The other upside to craigslist is that you can generally bargain with people. I've bought people's collections based on the price of the three or four things I was looking for and "well, I really don't need those tactical marines, or the bolter scouts. I just wanted the land raider, drop pod and terminators but I'll round up $10 to make it an even hundred for the whole lot." Thus far it's worked 100% of the time.

koreban fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 15, 2014

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Squifferific posted:

Of course that is most likely not worth it for me at all due to possible overseas shipping costs.
gently caress it, might as well check the cost for the Russ and possibly one of the Chimeras.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I live in Chicago and I've never found any good deals on Craigslist like ever :(

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
http://fredericksburg.craigslist.org/tad/4664340113.html

I missed this by about an hour. I don't need any of these models but gently caress I would have flipped them all.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Blarg, why does GW have to do a limited release of Space Hulk right when I don't have any money? I am pretty sure they are going to be sold out by the time I have money again. (October) Stupid real life expenses getting in the way of my space barbie board game.

Oh well, I guess I will pick it up in the future when it is $300 again.

In other 40k board game discussions, does anyone know if Warhammer 40k: Relic is any good? My FLGS has a copy for sale, but I am not sure if it is a good game or not.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

jadebullet posted:

In other 40k board game discussions, does anyone know if Warhammer 40k: Relic is any good? My FLGS has a copy for sale, but I am not sure if it is a good game or not.
Relic is Talisman +1, but in the 40k setting. It's really fun, but can still have that typical Talisman problem where one player who is ahead will often just run away with the game. The expansion that adds Chaos Marines and Eldar and stuff to play as is apparently even more fun.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

jadebullet posted:

It's Talisman with a 40K skin, so it is very random and generally considered bad by the "serious" boardgamer.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

PeterWeller posted:

It's Talisman with a 40K skin, so it is very random and generally considered bad by the "serious" boardgamer.

It has a few changes that make it smoother than Talisman but yeah it uses the Talisman "engine". I really enjoy the game but I would agree with your assessment that "serious" boardgamers wont like it as there is too much of an element of luck involved. I have enjoyed both games I have played, and the art on the board and cards is amazing.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Ghost Hand posted:

It has a few changes that make it smoother than Talisman but yeah it uses the Talisman "engine". I really enjoy the game but I would agree with your assessment that "serious" boardgamers wont like it as there is too much of an element of luck involved. I have enjoyed both games I have played, and the art on the board and cards is amazing.

Yeah, I'm not trying to crap on the game or the people who would dis/like it. I'm sure it can be a lot of fun (I know Talisman is), but if you use terms like "eurogame" and "ameritrash," it ain't for you.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Well, I play a lot of board games with my fiance which is why I wanted to get Space Hulk, but we more, or less, just play to have a good time as opposed to criticizing every little thing about the board game we are playing so I guess it would be a pretty fun game. I have never really played Talisman before. Plus we aren't above throwing in house rules to turn a mediocre board game into a better one.

I figured this would be a nice, cheaper way to get her into 40k for the time being as opposed to the alternative, which is building her the Ork army she wants. So far she has decided that she wants a lot of mad boyz in her army, and that her war boss will be "Lord Fistpumpa." He got his name because of some space marine figure she saw who was holding a power fist above his head while sitting in a tank. The expensive part is that she wants me to go all out with the customization(not that I mind, my wallet does though.) So far she has designed her battle wagon to be a land raider with a large, double barreled turret on top with Earthshakers as the cannons. The important part is that she says that there needs to be a hole in the side of it that has been blown out from the inside, with an scorched up ork hanging out of it and reloading his rokkit launcha. She calls this the "shootin hole."

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

jadebullet posted:

I figured this would be a nice, cheaper way to get her into 40k for the time being as opposed to the alternative, which is building her the Ork army she wants. So far she has decided that she wants a lot of mad boyz in her army, and that her war boss will be "Lord Fistpumpa." He got his name because of some space marine figure she saw who was holding a power fist above his head while sitting in a tank. The expensive part is that she wants me to go all out with the customization(not that I mind, my wallet does though.) So far she has designed her battle wagon to be a land raider with a large, double barreled turret on top with Earthshakers as the cannons. The important part is that she says that there needs to be a hole in the side of it that has been blown out from the inside, with an scorched up ork hanging out of it and reloading his rokkit launcha. She calls this the "shootin hole."

If anything I'd say you've hit jackpot with her because those sound like some amazing and Orky ideas.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

drat that's a high-maintenance lady.

But she's got gumption, that's for sure.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

Sulecrist posted:

Just preordered Space Hulk through my FLGS. They gave me a cool 20% off and they expect it in Thursday night. I'm pretty stoked, although that was a pretty big impulse buy on my part.
I wanna play! I'll bring the bottle of Jameson.

jadebullet posted:

The important part is that she says that there needs to be a hole in the side of it that has been blown out from the inside, with an scorched up ork hanging out of it and reloading his rokkit launcha. She calls this the "shootin hole."
She "gets it."

Anybody have :siren:GREY KNIGHT TERMINATOR BITS:siren: they're willing to part with? With the Inquisition and GK Codexes being split I need to make some new models to fix up my lists, and some Exo-Armour Squats will fit the bill nicely. I need Terminator arms and weapons to put on Dwarf Irondrakes. They'll be quite a bit like the ones I made below for a commission.

Also, will soon be looking to take a new commission. Let me know if you need cool things converted for your armies!

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

BuffaloChicken posted:

Anybody have :siren:GREY KNIGHT TERMINATOR BITS:siren: they're willing to part with? With the Inquisition and GK Codexes being split I need to make some new models to fix up my lists, and some Exo-Armour Squats will fit the bill nicely. I need Terminator arms and weapons to put on Dwarf Irondrakes. They'll be quite a bit like the ones I made below for a commission.

Also, will soon be looking to take a new commission. Let me know if you need cool things converted for your armies!

I may have something. Where in the worlds do you live?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

DJ Dizzy posted:

I may have something. Where in the worlds do you live?
New Yawk! Shoot me a PM or email at p.h.dolan at gmail.

I've posted all these before, but here's the rest of my Squats. These Terminators will be the biggest and baddest of the bunch.

Catachan Squat Infantry with some homebrew, riding a tank:

Ministorum Priest:

Veterans in Carapace Armour:

Techpriest Enginseer:

Vindicare Assassin:

Jokaero:

Grey knight Interceptors:

They're pretty much an entire army, now!

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Why did they get rid of squats again? Those models look really awesome.

And yeah, my fiance is great. At some point she also wants me to paint up some Imperial Fists with stop signs for weapons because she is convinced that their paint scheme means that they are the Emperor's Crossing Guards. Also when we moved into our new apartment I found that my box containing my Storm Raven had been lovingly labled "Space Barbie Malibu."

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

BuffaloChicken posted:

Anybody have GREY KNIGHT TERMINATOR BITSthey're willing to part with?

I have a very small handful of RT era GK bits. I also have some Forgefather dudes from Mantic that came with my wannabe Thunderfires if you want them. PM me.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Raphus C posted:

I went into a GW store at the weekend and saw 3 Meganobz being priced at £38. I had to double check the price Kromlech sell 3 Mega-Nob equivalents for £32.68 (after currency conversion).
I am going to assume that Kromlech have a lower sale volume and lower margin per model.

GW ain't gonna get a sale from me at that price.

I don't understand this... you save less than six quid and get some resin sculpts from a 2nd tier company but don't get any of the extra bitz or customisation options that come in the GW MANZ kit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
On the topic of interesting bits lying around, does anyone have any cool looking axes lying around that they wouldn't mind parting with? I am working on my honor guard for my marines and I figured that it would be cool to have them all have large, two handed axes and angelus boltguns, but I am having trouble finding cool looking axe heads.

• Locked thread