Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

shes got a weird name LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
If she were an American she would have just fired a few warning shots through the ceiling.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."
Maybe it was something like this?

I though it was a bit inappropriate to ask, but I obliged and put up some track lighting anyway.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

TheStampede posted:

I though it was a bit inappropriate to ask, but I obliged and put up some track lighting anyway.
Thank you for doing the needful.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

TheStampede posted:

Maybe use your wrist more than your whole body when you masturbate?

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

goodbyebluesky posted:

A friend on facebook posted this.

"I'm hearing a lot of clomping...?"

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Koivunen posted:

One of my coworkers apparently got this custom made for her son's birthday. It's creeping me out.

What, Me Worry?

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Oh come on, when I had a problem with neighbours accidently binning my mail, I didn't leave a passive agressive note I loving went upstairs and knocked on the door and when no-one opened it went and got half a pilchard I had in the freezer and slid it under the door. Turns out they had actually died that day (dude was like 66 and was on disability due to heart problems) so the stench of rotting fish actually alerted the police sooner. I should of got a medal for that or something.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Wendy Williams, talk show host and a person who just ate an actual crow.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Isn't there a goon called discocunt?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Say Nothing posted:

I would honestly be surprised if there wasn't.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

That's my cousin.

Junius
May 14, 2006

Thank you, entertainment committee.

Discospawn posted:

That's my cousin.

Not your mother?

... I'll see myself out.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

goodbyebluesky posted:

They're always polite because they think they live under a frickin' AT-AT.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

No main? :confused:

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Tiggum posted:

That's entrée

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Necc0 posted:

Your friend should lose some weight and/or walk more lightly. loving elephant.

Or just take his shoes off in the house. Was he raised in a barn?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Koivunen posted:

One of my coworkers apparently got this custom made for her son's birthday. It's creeping me out.

What? Me ninja? (EF sorta B)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The MSJ posted:

Wendy Williams, talk show host and a person who just ate an actual crow.

Where do you even get a crow? Did she get someone to go out and shoot one?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Either way, there was a murder nearby.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Entrée means main in America.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Organza Quiz posted:

:stare: I don't live in the US, so until now I have no idea this is what it looks like over there.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Organza Quiz posted:

I'm in the US and I've never seen cups this big.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
A quick google search says McDonalds cup sizes are 16oz, 21oz, and 32oz, which is about 480ml, 630ml, and 960ml.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Istari posted:

A quick google search says McDonalds cup sizes are 16oz, 21oz, and 32oz, which is about 480ml, 630ml, and 960ml.

gimme a litre of cola

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Organza Quiz posted:

Those look live movie theater cups to me, notice the distinct lack of any McDonald's logo any of the "American McDonald's" cups?

edit: The sad thing is I have seen "small" cups that big at movie theaters before. America, not quite as bad as the rest of the world thinks we are, but close.

Vorpal Cat has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Sep 16, 2014

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah that's shifted by one, at a US McDonald's a large is indeed 32 oz (946 ml). Of course that's spot-on for pretty much every other fast food restaurant. But as far as I know only In-n-Out uses the paper cups that big, because they don't fit in cupholders. Every other place else uses plastic cups with narrower bases.

There needs to be a version of :eng101: with a double chin.

Here have a funny place name due to cultural differences.

Phraggah
Nov 11, 2011

A rocket fuel made of Doritos? Yeah, I could kind of see it.

Koivunen posted:

At least both of its eyes are in the right place.

Phraggah has a new favorite as of 11:03 on Sep 16, 2014

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Organza Quiz posted:

Oh right. I had forgotten that.

Knormal posted:

Yeah that's shifted by one, at a US McDonald's a large is indeed 32 oz (946 ml).
How do you drink an entire litre of Coke in one sitting? And with a meal, as well.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Tiggum posted:

How do you drink an entire litre of Coke in one sitting? And with a meal, as well.
You don't, hopefully. Those big cups can fit in a car's cup holder well enough, so usually at least part of them's saved for the road rather than gulped down at a meal.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That's not really... how long of drives do you take that you need a litre of coke to keep your spirits up? Like I'm gonna take a three hour car trip next week and my driver drat sure isn't taking a litre of coke along. Is it just the hope that holding in a piss will at least keep you from falling asleep?

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Last time I took a drive to Stockholm (approx 4-6 hours depending on traffic and weather) I drank a 500ml bottle of coke, a 500 ml bottle of energy drink, a 500 ml bottle of mineral water and I forget but something else hwen I ate about mid way through the journey so yeah, I can see someone buying 1l of coke for a long car journey.

I also drank something similar when I needed to head up to Vaasa from another town, which ended up being a ten hour trip. Sometimes you gotta drive far, man, and this is in pretty small countries, I can imagine it being worse in the US.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.
In this case a "long car trip" means about 30 minutes' commute. We Americans don't know what water is, and all our coffee comes as an ingredient in $7 Starbucks milkshakes.

If you grow up eating food like this you get conditioned to it, so it's only going to get worse and the sizes are only going to get bigger. :(

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

goodbyebluesky posted:

Fat fuckers clomping around with shoes on wooden floors is bad, but it was the constant SCRRRAAAAPPPPPEEEE of someone who kept sliding a heavy wooden chair back on a wooden floor when I'm trying to go to loving sleep that filled me with murderous rage.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Tiggum posted:

My Lovely Horse posted:

That's not really... how long of drives do you take that you need a litre of coke to keep your spirits up? Like I'm gonna take a three hour car trip next week and my driver drat sure isn't taking a litre of coke along. Is it just the hope that holding in a piss will at least keep you from falling asleep?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I cram the cup with ice when I pour a drink. A couple of weeks ago, I got curious, and measured how much liquid was in a cup I was drinking from. The result was that the actual liquid was less than half of the cup's contents. A liter on a long car ride seems normal to me, and less than half that after ice seems super reasonable. According the Mayo Clinic website, the average total beverage intake for a man should be about three liters per day. If you're rolling 960ml deep with McDonalds, and even 1/3rd of that is ice, you're only 20% of the way to your daily drinking quota.

Clearly, you shouldn't be getting all your water in the form of cola, but all this "Oh, my GOD, an entire LITER," seems pretty ridiculous. Just don't drink sugary syrup water day in and day out.

Edit: 30 minutes definitely does not qualify as "long" in my little scenario, but it isn't like the soda ceases to be drinkable when you reach your destination. You don't have to shotgun it all in the car.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

Tiggum posted:

Generally don't as people said above. I get huge drinks to last me the rest of the afternoon at work. Also my family makes tremendous car rides once or twice a year (16 hours) so buying huge drinks and drinking them until the next stop several hours down the road becomes a survival rationing situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

According the Mayo Clinic website, the average total beverage intake for a man should be about three liters per day.

No.
That would be the daily intake of fluids including all the water that is in the food you eat. The water in the food that you eat contributes a significant amount. It doesn't mean you need to get that from things you drink from a cup.

• Locked thread