Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

cheetah7071 posted:

At least it sounds like Nexus weapons don't really require you to do something out of the ordinary for them. Just logging in each day and playing a bit should make progress towards it, it sounds like.

I kinda hope it's like the Challenge Log, where you have a plethora of stuff you can do, but all of it isn't necessary to do. It'd give the grindnerds their quick upgrade, while the more casual Novus-havers (heh) can proceed at their own pace without having to worry about giving forty Demimateria IIIs to Jalzahn or some poo poo.

Though it's pointless to speculate seeing as we'll know for sure what the deal is in four and a half hours. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shaezerus posted:

I kinda hope it's like the Challenge Log, where you have a plethora of stuff you can do, but all of it isn't necessary to do. It'd give the grindnerds their quick upgrade, while the more casual Novus-havers (heh) can proceed at their own pace without having to worry about giving forty Demimateria IIIs to Jalzahn or some poo poo.

Though it's pointless to speculate seeing as we'll know for sure what the deal is in four and a half hours. :v:
The wording implies you're supposed to go do things until it tells you the attunement went up. The tell other people what you were doing so ~the community~ can come together and figure that poo poo out. Thus the "sharing information with other players" bit.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I guess I can actually make my Novus now with all the money I won't be spending on personal housing, because I'm just gonna hope this is a stopgap thing and the real personal housing will come later. :sigh:

edit; Someone tall needs to try to /hug a lala when you log on.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 16, 2014

Kuai
May 25, 2004
People are already sperging out about personal housing. I don't think I went into my personal room after I finished putting all my dumb decorations in it.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Kuai posted:

People are already sperging out about personal housing. I don't think I went into my personal room after I finished putting all my dumb decorations in it.

People play the game for different reasons than me??

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Kuai posted:

For people who dont have an FC that is semi competent housing was going to be their way of getting access to a stable and garden, so I can see how some people who were psyched would be bummed out, but really if you have even a mid size FC I have no idea what the point of a personal house would be. Instead of personal housing they should add communal gardens and monthly fee stables where everyone can lease garden plots or put birds, a whole lot less work to implement and would make 90% of the people happy.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

So much for that. :sigh: Welp, guess I'm buying a room, too...

Yay for item comparison, though.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Sep 16, 2014

cancerianmoth
Oct 18, 2012

Spaceman Future! posted:

For people who dont have an FC that is semi competent housing was going to be their way of getting access to a stable and garden, so I can see how some people who were psyched would be bummed out, but really if you have even a mid size FC I have no idea what the point of a personal house would be. Instead of personal housing they should add communal gardens and monthly fee stables where everyone can lease garden plots or put birds, a whole lot less work to implement and would make 90% of the people happy.

Yea i think this is the main reason folks are upset. Even as a leader of a S house, I feel bad taking up our one farm with glazenut production or whatever mad money scheme i'm hoping will give us enough to upgrade. Housing really puts a good portion of the player base at a disadvantage. If you don't belong to an FC, you don't have access to stables. If your FC doesn't allow you to mess with farming, you have to buy anything you would otherwise farm yourself if you could. It puts FC house holders at the top. They are the 1%, the ones who don't think there is a problem.

edit: thick rimmed glasses. Hipster Male Elezen incoming.

cancerianmoth fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Sep 16, 2014

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
I think the direct contradiction to YoshiP's original statement that SwissArmyDruid linked above is why people are upset. We thought it would be different because the producer himself said so.

That being said, I'll be able to afford a large house when they bottom out (or a medium house now), and that's after dropping over 40 million gil on housing already. It just sucks for people that aren't in the 1%.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I guess I'm a little butt-hurt about this because it's My Thing I Decided To Care About the same way other people care so much about discussing Atma and the endgame. That someone's expected to have FC-level wealth for such a large feature when almost all other games make the distinction between guilds and players (see; RIFT), and it really just seems like they noticed they already had some housing architecture and flipped a switch that read 'Free Company' to 'Player'.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

seorin posted:

I think the direct contradiction to YoshiP's original statement that SwissArmyDruid linked above is why people are upset. We thought it would be different because the producer himself said so.

That being said, I'll be able to afford a large house when they bottom out (or a medium house now), and that's after dropping over 40 million gil on housing already. It just sucks for people that aren't in the 1%.

I'm sure there will be some weaselwording that what they ACTUALLY meant was FC rooms.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

God damnit why is the Nexus 115 :argh:

now I have no reason to not bother with my Novus anymore

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

ilifinicus posted:

God damnit why is the Nexus 115 :argh:

now I have no reason to not bother with my Novus anymore

They actually mentioned that it would be 115 a long time ago (pre 2.35 even I think)! If you already have your 115 on a class other than like.. Scholar or Paladin, I can understand why you'd skip out, but it does still suck a bit if your Novus would have better stats.

On the subject of housing: I can't imagine there are very many players out there who don't have access to Chocobo Stables, do have the money to feed/recolor them, and don't know at least a couple of people to share the cost of a Small plot with. Gardening is a different issue, but I also think that S-E didn't want to instantly devalue everything gardened to a fraction of its previous value, so this is at least an okay stopgap.

Still want a moghouse, though. With room for a couple of 2x1 flower pots.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Niton posted:

They actually mentioned that it would be 115 a long time ago (pre 2.35 even I think)! If you already have your 115 on a class other than like.. Scholar or Paladin, I can understand why you'd skip out, but it does still suck a bit if your Novus would have better stats.
It was SPECULATED by Famitsu that it was going to be i115, which is the image everyone keeps linking when talking about the relics. This speculation was done in that magazine back when the Animus was kinda-fresh. Turns out they were corrected, yet I am sure everyone saw it coming in some way or another.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

So apparently on top of being absurdly expensive in terms of in-game currency, you're also effectively paying rent for your personal housing with real money since you lose your house if your sub drops for a month.

And no, you don't get reimbursed.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Having namer's remorse over picking a lore-appropriate character name because I want to fantasia myself so bad after watching a video of lalafell emotes

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Having namer's remorse over picking a lore-appropriate character name because I want to fantasia myself so bad after watching a video of lalafell emotes
Professor Meowingtons the Roegadyn

yeah, fantasia out loud

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If there is some kind of secret still in development plan for personal housing, I think they would've been better served just keeping that and not doing the stopgap, or shouting very, very loudly that this is just a stop gap and it wasn't ready in time. As is it seems to be a really good way to burn up player goodwill, especially given the conflicting statements someone linked. :psyduck:

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

That place we all love posted:

He never should have said it if he wasnt going to keep his word.

Isnt Japan supposed to be a country where honor means everything? I guess it doesnt mean much to him based on this mess.

Yoshida your deceit has brought great shame unto your ancestors this day. :japan:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

He has no recourse but to commit sudoku.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Player housing: only for players who possess computers and internet connections that place them in the top 0.4% of the player base in that regard and are awake Tuesday mornings.

The Japanese players are pretty pissed about this too, unsurprisingly. There's a 41 page thread calling for SE to extend maintenance and remove player housing from the patch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

fount of knowledge posted:

Yoshida your deceit has brought great shame unto your ancestors this day. :japan:

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an rear end in a top hat. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either systemPERSONAL HOUSING, nor will they purchase any of Square's gamesREAL ESTATE. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360PERSONAL HOUSING or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Chyea
Aug 15, 2011

I knew not to hope but, yet, I did.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
I think the player base has a case here about being lied to. What they've said repeatedly contradicts what they are actually doing.

And even if they lied about it, why didn't they tell people when patch 2.35 came out this was going to happen? Kind of a messed up way to reveal it, the night of the patch. Blindsided a lot of people.

Willias
Sep 3, 2008
Even the JP players are pissed over personal housing. :v:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I don't care much for personal housing yet, but yeah, they kinda screwed the pooch on this one. I hope the system gets some updates soon. Doubling the available wards is a good start.

How much do plots devalue every 6 hours?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
What did they promise? Whats the difference between now and then?
I haven't been keeping up with the personal housing thing. Mostly cause I can't afford one

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Yoshida addressed some of this on the Japanese forums a little bit. The cost apparently comes down to the fact that he said some of this stuff back during 2.1, and the prices of FC housing has dropped since. The price is also to avoid alts and RMTs from getting a house quickly and cheaply, and then selling it (I've seen players offering to purchase FCs for housing before). Sharing the wards is also to try and keep it lively, since the number of FCs owning houses, or purchasing houses, is decreasing. All of this is also because of server restraint for having too many resources allocated to housing, or something like that.

It makes sense, but it's still a bit disappointing. I don't mind it sharing the same wards, though, but I don't think even double the number of wards now will help with the lack of available housing.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.

Sefal posted:

What did they promise? Whats the difference between now and then?
I haven't been keeping up with the personal housing thing. Mostly cause I can't afford one

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Chyea posted:

I knew not to hope but, yet, I did.

Savage Coil was the main thing I was hoping for in this patch. :smith: at least the ramuh ring upgrade and the hilarious amounts of sands/oils is kinda nice.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Blockhouse posted:

Never feel bad about being thematic. You are a true fan :v:

So disappointed re:housing. I just wanted my own garden. :negative:

Lowclock
Oct 26, 2005
Cool. Seems like they managed to totally gently caress up analog stick controls. Now when I move with my 360 pad it spends like half a second walking before it starts to run. Setting the stick sensitivity to max seems to kind of fix it, but leaves you basically with pressing all the way against the gate making you run or your camera whip around as fast as possible, and anything less gets nothing at all. Anyone else with a wired 360 pad seeing what I'm talking about, or is it just me? I guess I'll try messing more with it later, but what the gently caress, it wasn't like this before the patch, and it's fine on keyboard. I wonder if it has something to do with whatever they messed with to adjust mount movement.

Lowclock fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 16, 2014

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

I really like some of the new weapon poses, particularly Warrior & Dragoon.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lowclock posted:

Anyone else with a wired 360 pad seeing what I'm talking about, or is it just me?

Not a wired one, but I tried with a wireless 360 and a DS3 over bluetooth (Scarlet Crush drivers) and they're both working as normal. Sorry that's..not really helpful to you at all.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
All beachfront small plots sold within a minute of server going live. Some guy has at least 4 small plots on alts. :gitgud:

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Sendo posted:

I'm quite liking Paladins as well, myself. They're all pretty cool.

Also, despite being a little disappointed with the housing stuff, I picked myself up a nice small place for about 2.5mil. I'm on Midgardsormr, and most of the wards are full, but there were a couple of smalls left over in the later wards after people abandoned them to try and get larger places. Now I've got my garden all nice and set up, so I'll be looking forward to that when I get home. Pictured isn't me, I was doing it with remote play so I had a friend screenshot it for me.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Well, now I look silly for buying half a million in lumber in anticipation of the patch. :(

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Looks like Yoshi-P put up a post. Anyone with the moonspeak to read it? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...730#post2438730

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Sendo posted:

BRD is pretty great too, since housing was out of the question for me anyways, great patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Looks like Yoshi-P put up a post. Anyone with the moonspeak to read it? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...730#post2438730

From a quick glance, pretty much what was said before - this is a stopgap, what he said before will still happen but just not yet.

e: please look forward to it

• Locked thread