Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope the inevitable S1 cameo has the Build Strike's first introduction be a Build Knuckle.

quote:

>They're trying to explore more of the Gunpla side. Those who love building, those who love battling, those who love the 'military' aspect.
Really excited about this. It's a good sign S2's not going to veer off into some crazy pseudo-Gundam plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Broken Loose posted:

Not all of them you moron, just the main one.

I hope you get the treatment you need.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh poo poo, Tomino's gonna be piiiiisssed :suspense:.
I would not be surprised if the BF team actually went out of their way to meet with Tomino in person for that request. He probably acknowledged their efforts by granting them permission to use G-Reco units, most likely out of his own personal amusement.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Broken Loose posted:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Lmao, I mean we're all sad nerds here but man do you need to be stuffed in a locker.

No seriously, shut up. You are dumb. Your posts are terrible.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Broken Loose posted:

:wrongful:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AradoBalanga posted:

I would not be surprised if the BF team actually went out of their way to meet with Tomino in person for that request. He probably acknowledged their efforts by granting them permission to use G-Reco units, most likely out of his own personal amusement.

That's kinda what it sounded like to me, at least.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That they're aware of the great reception of Build Strike vs. Wing Fenice and Bloodhounds gives me a lot of hope for Build Fighters 2 being good. Now let's just hope G-Reco won't have hosed things up for it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

chumbler posted:

That they're aware of the great reception of Build Strike vs. Wing Fenice and Bloodhounds gives me a lot of hope for Build Fighters 2 being good. Now let's just hope G-Reco won't have hosed things up for it.

You mean let's hope that Build Fighters hasn't hosed poo poo up for G-Reco. :colbert:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

everythingWasBees posted:

You mean let's hope that Build Fighters hasn't hosed poo poo up for G-Reco. :colbert:

I'd be okay with G Reco going off like the Hindenburg if it meant Build Fighters Try would be even better than Build Fighters.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I look forward to both being terrible and then the fanbase devouring themselves in blame for which show ruined which show.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The running theory is that Tomino hires ninjas to replace the GBFTry scripts with awful nonsense

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I look forward to both being terrible and then the fanbase devouring themselves in blame for which show ruined which show.

Tomino's final plan to kill the franchise he birthed revealed.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kanos posted:

In the end, he could not help but become the old generation who needed to step aside but did not. He was a living metaphor for the cycle of war.

Seriously though, G-Reco gonna be bad, and I just hope it doesn't drag Build Fighters Try down with it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Both series start sniping at the other, culminating in a BFT episode centered around blowing up G-Reco kits. G-Reco, in retaliation, just shows twenty minutes of Tomino sitting in his office with a bunch of completed Build Fighters kits and a hammer.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Kanos posted:

Well, it's loving Tomino, of course the plan is kill em' all.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I just want an accidental script mixup to happen.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

BlitzBlast posted:

Yuuma almost accidentally gives a spoiler to an upcoming G-Reco plot in some speech and Fumina tells him that he's reading from the wrong script. :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BlitzBlast posted:

So we end up with an incredibly goofy Try episode that looks like something out of Eureka Seven, and a heartwarming episode about how awesome rampant consumerism is in G-Reco?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I was optimistic about build fighters from the beginning so I'm gonna double down and proclaim that both g-reco and build fighters try will rule.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

chumbler posted:

Seriously though, G-Reco gonna be bad, and I just hope it doesn't drag Build Fighters Try down with it.

:laffo:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Monaghan posted:

I was optimistic about build fighters from the beginning so I'm gonna double down and proclaim that both g-reco and build fighters try will rule.

this poster Gets It

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

If past evidence of Gundam second seasons is anything to go by, Build Fighters has the highest chance of torpedoing into a crater.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The difference is that it was green lit for a 2nd season and not split into two seasons because reasons.

Hopefully, anyway.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

chumbler posted:

Seriously though, G-Reco gonna be bad.

That's undeniable at this point. The camera is blocked by the "horns"

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Nah, Reconguista in G is going to be absolutely loving perfect. Tomino is 100% infallible, Syd Mead is a stupid hack because he said so, and Build Fighters is a giant piece of poo poo because it doesn't "get" Gundam.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
You are a gigantic baby.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

The GIG posted:

You are a gigantic baby.

Yeah, he is. I don't understand how somebody could bellyache for an entire page based off a single post.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Broken Loose posted:

Nah, Reconguista in G is going to be absolutely loving perfect. Tomino is 100% infallible, Syd Mead is a stupid hack because he said so, and Build Fighters is a giant piece of poo poo because it doesn't "get" Gundam.

I'm putting together a youtube video to show what's going on with the camera. I think once people see my argument fully laid out they'll have to admit that the horns block the camera, so Reconguista will be worse than Age.

It's pretty convincing but I'm trying to edit it down to under 45 minutes.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Main cameras with bad peripheral vision:

I can't believe we're still talking about this...

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure you can't get worse than a busted camera.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Yeah, he is. I don't understand how somebody could bellyache for an entire page based off a single post.

You have posted about the camera thing multiple times, in multiple threads. I suggest you just kick back and chill instead of worrying about cameras!

Srice fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 16, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

BlitzBlast posted:

I'm pretty sure you can't get worse than a busted camera.

You were saying? :smuggo:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

:laffo:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Broken Loose posted:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No seriously, shut up. You are dumb. Your posts are terrible.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Tomino said he didn't like some of the designs Syd Mead did for the show, in retrospect, but was so awed by how great it was that Syd Mead was doing designs for him because of how much he liked Syd Mead that he let it slide.

He freaking loves Syd Mead.

I want the Wadoms to show up again, and also a Wadom kit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I am unsure if you guys realize he was being sarcastic with that post.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The 4chan thread threw up a few more points:

4chan posted:

>Regarding s1, Bandai asked for 50 episodes for AGE, however they weren't sure if a Gunpla anime would be popular so they went for 25 episodes instead.

>They wanted to air BF Try to coincide with Gunpla's 35th anniversary in 2015, they had no idea G Reco would also be airing in the fall.

>Writer Kuroda is currently under a lot of pressure with the sheer number of characters.

>They don't want to mess with the established characters from season 1 too much, they left them off at a good place.

>Due to the team battles we're packing lots of stuff into the show, we may end up making more episodes

>Re: the Burning Gundam thing, even during development there was nothing to say it was based off God Gundam.

>While the battles are 3v3, we will also see large mobile armors fight in 1v3 situations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

The 4chan thread threw up a few more points:

100% chance we are getting a customized Big Zam.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Mobile Armor Chimera fight :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

A Xamel with a Psycho mark 2 carrying The-O :getin:

• Locked thread