Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm really glad Goodel is such a poo poo because it's glorious now that he's on the hot seat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ramadu posted:

Gonna be 5-3 when the Cardinals win the super bowl. :smugdog:
Eagerly awaiting the Bengals vs Carson Palmer Super Bowl.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Get his rear end on the Budweiser Hot Seat® and make him answer for his failures and provide fresh takes at the same time!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm really glad Goodel is such a poo poo because it's glorious now that he's on the hot seat.

Yeah, super excited for the next commissioner who totally won't be exactly like Goodell.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Yeah, super excited for the next commissioner who totally won't be exactly like Goodell.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

G-Dub would legit own

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

Oh they'll be the same but it won't be the same guy and that's something.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

G-Dub would legit own

he was floated as a baseball commissioner before he ever held any political office, not sure if he's ever had much of a real interest in football. condi is the much more realistic option for the NFL and would actually be someone i could get behind

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Vengarr posted:

Mike Tanier's Monday Morning Hangover is loving crazy this week.

He wrote a eulogy for RG3 and suggests we'll see him on the all-time bust list. I think he'll still have success in this league. Just, not with the Redskins.

This is from the wayback machine but I disagree. RG3 excelled as a dual-threat quarterback who used his legs to keep defenses honest while not being a great pocket passer, and now he's losing his mobility due to repeated injuries. That just ain't good.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Gonna be funny when the Bills start 5-1 and then end up at 7-9.

Oh come on, what are the odds that happens THREE TIMES?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Burger Trench posted:

Oh come on, what are the odds that happens THREE TIMES?

First loss this week

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Rasczak posted:

This is from the wayback machine but I disagree. RG3 excelled as a dual-threat quarterback who used his legs to keep defenses honest while not being a great pocket passer, and now he's losing his mobility due to repeated injuries. That just ain't good.

That's basically what Tanier says, he just goes into how that'll leave him looking in the history books

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

First loss this week

I expect so. Although I would be equally unsurprised if the chargers lose, particularly in Buffalo. Seems like a very Chargers game to drop to me.

Naturally followed by talking heads saying they finally believe in the Bills as division contenders and our usual 7-9 finish.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Washington safety Bacarri Rambo was waived today to make room for Brandon Meriweather's return.

Can't wait until Meriweather is suspended again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Couple things.

1) JJ Watt for commissioner in 2024.

2) Evan and Phillips this morning had an interesting take: If Peyton Manning and Tom Brady actually got together, called a press conference, and called the league the players out on the domestic violence stuff, they could even implore sponsors to pull dollars until it was fixed. And no one could touch them. They are the two men who could get Goodell out of office faster than anyone.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

No Butt Stuff posted:

2) Evan and Phillips this morning had an interesting take: If Peyton Manning and Tom Brady actually got together, called a press conference, and called the league the players out on the domestic violence stuff, they could even implore sponsors to pull dollars until it was fixed. And no one could touch them. They are the two men who could get Goodell out of office faster than anyone.

Then Manning and Brady would be rightly put under fire when somebody compiles a list of teammates they had who committed violent acts they didn't care about.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010

Mind_Taker posted:

Washington safety Bacarri Rambo was waived today to make room for Brandon Meriweather's return.

I kind of wanted to be sympathetic to Rambo because he obviously got thrown into the fire last year and also because he's named Rambo, but he takes the same angles as a PeeWee player whose helmet doesn't fit and has spun around backwards so that he can't actually see the other players, or the field, or anything. When Meriweather is suspended for the rest of the year at half-time next week maybe Reed Doughty will come out of retirement.

What are they planning to do with RG3? Will they keep him on the 53-man as the de-activated QB every week?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Great White Hope posted:

Then Manning and Brady would be rightly put under fire when somebody compiles a list of teammates they had who committed violent acts they didn't care about.
That's true, but they can easily acknowledge they "should have spoke out sooner" and "aren't without their flaws." And maybe someone can get this poo poo under control instead of casting aspersions on those two. People being afraid to speak up because someone can say "well, in the past you didn't care" is loving stupid, and anyone who points it out should be treated like the court jester they are.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nick Foles was the winning QB last night.

He was the only winning QB this week to throw an interception.

And here's quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-2-quick-reads

quote:

31. Matt Cassel: It's not just that Cassel was awful, it's that he got worse as the game went along. By DYAR, his fourth quarter was worse than his third quarter, which was worse than his second, which was worse than his first. His average completion came just 2.7 yards past the line of scrimmage, least of any quarterback this week.

32. Chad Henne: Henne was sacked 10 times, the most of any quarterback since Greg McElroy for the Jets in 2012. He did not pick up a first down until the Jags were down by 21 points in the second quarter, and only had four first downs on the day. On first and second downs, he went 9-of-20 for 55 yards with one first down, one interception, and four sacks. You know, maybe it wasn't Blaine Gabbert's fault after all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
NFL investigating whether or not Colin Kaepernick, in fact, has a dirty poop mouth:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11536621/flag-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-language-nfl-review

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

NFL investigating whether or not Colin Kaepernick, in fact, has a dirty poop mouth:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11536621/flag-colin-kaepernick-san-francisco-49ers-language-nfl-review

F-word or N-word?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mind_Taker posted:

As stupid as Meriweather is he's probably better than Rambo...poo poo, the next guy down on the depth chart is probably better than Rambo so even if Meriweather is suspended again oh well.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Levitate posted:

As stupid as Meriweather is he's probably better than Rambo...poo poo, the next guy down on the depth chart is probably better than Rambo so even if Meriweather is suspended again oh well.

Rambo's backup was making plays. It was refreshing.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Tremendous Taste posted:

I suppose the AFC East On-Pace Champion 2-0 Buffalo Bills could lose to San Diego this weekend

Bills are going to dominate the AFC East, calling it now.

The Fins are so deflated by their encounter they'll probably lose to KC at home next :(

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

No Butt Stuff posted:

F-word or N-word?

Seriously. There's no point on reporting this to the public if we're not going to know the extent of the word. If he said "mutherfucker" it'd be nice to know so we could mock the nfl rules, but if he said human being or whatever it'd be nice to know there's some effort made there. But not reporting the word just makes this entire coverage a waste of time

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Parlett316 posted:

Rambo's backup was making plays. It was refreshing.

Granted it was the Jags but also granted Rambo gave up a big play to the Jags

Washington's defense has allowed 2 touchdowns against through 2 games and both can be blamed on Rambo

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

F-word or N-word?

Is the C-word not an option?

Psmith
May 7, 2007
The p is silent, as in phthisis, psychic, and ptarmigan.
It absolutely kills me that someone named Bacarri Rambo is not good at football.

Such a waste

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Psmith posted:

It absolutely kills me that someone named Bacarri Rambo is not good at football.

Such a waste

The Redskins also cut a guy named Mo Hurt. I mean c'mon, I think Shanahan was drafting not best available but coolest name available.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

Dvlos posted:

The Fins are so deflated by their encounter they'll probably lose to KC at home next :(

The Chiefs will not win, instead we need to figure out who the 2 players going down with injuries are. I'm thinking Kniles Davis and Marcus Cooper.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'm still mad G-Dub is not baseball commish

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
The list of the Chiefs injured players is the Chiefiest thing to happen and should surprise no one who's watched this dumb team for years.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 16, 2014

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

No Butt Stuff posted:

F-word or N-word?

Apparently he said it to a Bear who patted him on the chest, so it could be either. I'm guessing, "don't touch me, ______."

:siren: Cussgate 2014 :siren:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Maxsmart posted:

The Chiefs will not win, instead we need to figure out who the 2 players going down with injuries are. I'm thinking Kniles Davis and Marcus Cooper.

It's Knile, and he already went down right behind Jamaal last year. I'm guessing a no-name receiver and Alex Smith within the next 4 weeks, and at least one of Hali-Houston-Ford by week 9.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Spoeank posted:

Apparently he said it to a Bear who patted him on the chest, so it could be either. I'm guessing, "don't touch me, ______."

:siren: Cussgate 2014 :siren:

I can't stand Kaep. I hope they leak what was said and it was really vile and he loses all his endorsement deals.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope he called him a dirty word for Jew.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I like how Kaep and Crabtree get taunted like that in real passive aggressive ways.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Levitate posted:

Yeah I'm glad Rambo's gone, dude blows.

The defense is currently ranked #1 in yards allowed, but the Texans and Jags aren't exactly offensively gifted. More likely they are a middle of the pack defense due to a suspect secondary (safeties in particular).

It'll be interesting to see how the defense does against the Eagles next week. If they put up another good performance then I'll start to think that maybe they are above average.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Volkerball posted:

I love that he only played in Oakland for like a year, but he's still the Raiderest Raider to ever Raider. He and Biekert will always have a special place in my heart.

Looking up Bill Romanowski just now taught me that there's a Wikipedia page for "Groin attack."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

The Seahawks are going to destroy the Broncos and I will drink myself to death

Ah, I was looking for a post like this. My exact thoughts, brother... :eng99:

• Locked thread