Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Is Santier's Spear still best upgraded with Raw? Or should I go with Regular +5 because the charts on the wiki look like Regular is better but the wiki says Raw is best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

LibbyM posted:

If you use that name engraved ring is it pretty easy to delibratly coop with a friend, or still a pretty big pain in the rear end?

Also as I'm very cheap, no reason avoid killing Licia if I'm not a faith build right?

Unless you just can't live without the Saint's set or are going for the achievements (she drops a unique miracle if you invade her with the crushed eye orb) you have zero reason to kill her if you aren't a faith build. A one time investment of 2000 souls is nothing and fighting her when the option first shows up is probably not gonna end well for you.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

LibbyM posted:

If you use that name engraved ring is it pretty easy to delibratly coop with a friend, or still a pretty big pain in the rear end?

It's extremely easy actually (although it might get worse if you're on different continents or something). I'm through 90% of the game with a coordinated co-op character and we never had to wait more than 30 seconds for each other's sign to appear. You just have to make sure you're in the same soul memory range and you picked the same option when you equipped the ring.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Count Bleck posted:

Is Santier's Spear still best upgraded with Raw? Or should I go with Regular +5 because the charts on the wiki look like Regular is better but the wiki says Raw is best.
Santier's has no scaling, so you want raw.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Unless you just can't live without the Saint's set or are going for the achievements (she drops a unique miracle if you invade her with the crushed eye orb) you have zero reason to kill her if you aren't a faith build. A one time investment of 2000 souls is nothing and fighting her when the option first shows up is probably not gonna end well for you.
You can just shove her off the tower

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Gologle posted:

Hey, that invader who attacks you near Pate's first spot in FotGs in NG+...that's Pate, isn't it?

No. It's some guy in Knight Armor.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Nahxela posted:

Santier's has no scaling, so you want raw.

You can just shove her off the tower

I figured if he was worried about the money, she was already waiting by the gate. But you're right.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
What the hell is going on with GeDoSaTo? I can't override textures any more with the most recent version.

e: Got it to work but I'm not sure how. Recreating the textures/DarkSoulsII/override folder structure from scratch seems to have worked.

NihilVerumNisiMors fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Sep 16, 2014

EvilCornbread
Jun 2, 2011

Just started the second DLC, made my way to what apparently is the third bonfire pretty easily, but now I've got a room I can drop into from a bunch of cages, with a fiery Havel-looking guy and 4 guys with axes. I defeated them once by doing a ton of damage from popping the statue, but apparently I need to defeat them every time through there? Is there something I'm missing?

There's a similar ladder-into-five-guys a bit later on that got me killed. Am I really supposed to fight them all at once?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

EvilCornbread posted:

Just started the second DLC, made my way to what apparently is the third bonfire pretty easily, but now I've got a room I can drop into from a bunch of cages, with a fiery Havel-looking guy and 4 guys with axes. I defeated them once by doing a ton of damage from popping the statue, but apparently I need to defeat them every time through there? Is there something I'm missing?

There's a similar ladder-into-five-guys a bit later on that got me killed. Am I really supposed to fight them all at once?

You can spook the barrel guys into moving towards the flaming guy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Once you open the big door, you can just run by since their leash is inside the room.

EvilCornbread
Jun 2, 2011

Leashing the first group is pretty nice, but I have no idea how to deal with the five following guys. I guess I can spawn them and then take forever sniping them from up top?

e: Ah, looks like they aren't all linked to aggro at once. Not too bad.

EvilCornbread fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Sep 16, 2014

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Just to check, hosts you help are supposed to get Sunlight Medals if you're in Heirs to the Sun, right?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Yes, that's what's supposed to happen and usually happens to me.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Just to check, hosts you help are supposed to get Sunlight Medals if you're in Heirs to the Sun, right?

That's the intended effect. I'm almost worried to ask what you've broken now.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Yes.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Orv posted:

That's the intended effect. I'm almost worried to ask what you've broken now.

I gave myself the covenant benefits of the Blue Sentinels, Brotherhood of Blood, and Heirs to the Sun. Only hint that something is off seems to be that I don't give Sunlight Medals to the host.

Or at least, the one person I asked said he didn't get one. Wee testing. Supposedly there's a glitch when even a legitimate member doesn't give the medal, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Gold sign shows up and everything else seems kosher at least.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 16, 2014

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tallgeese posted:

The phantoms get a Sunlight Medal from fulfilling their duty (either beating the boss, or after the summon time limit expires)
The host gets a Sunlight Medal after beating the boss. One for each Heir of the Sun phantom in the host's world. There is apparently a possible bug where the host won't receive the medal.

efb...

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Sep 16, 2014

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
I've done a co-op run through most of the game, and we experienced some pretty haphazard sun-medal getting. I'm not sure if it's only certain bosses that grant hosts sun medals for getting yellow assistance or if it's just unreliable in general.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Raygereio posted:

One for each Heir of the Sun phantom in the host's world.
Only one total if there's any amount of Sunbros in the world, as far as I'm aware.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Mzbundifund posted:

I've done a co-op run through most of the game, and we experienced some pretty haphazard sun-medal getting. I'm not sure if it's only certain bosses that grant hosts sun medals for getting yellow assistance or if it's just unreliable in general.

You're right, the second person I asked said he got one, and I was the only other human there.

Guess the covenant itself is just a bit buggy.

Sorry about that! I was just checking because I'm officially listed as just a Blue Sentinel.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 16, 2014

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Only one total if there's any amount of Sunbros in the world, as far as I'm aware.

I've gotten multiple from double sunbros.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Next question, does Covenant of Champions actually improve enemy AI, or is that just bullshit?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Tallgeese posted:

Next question, does Covenant of Champions actually improve enemy AI, or is that just bullshit?

It just gives them the next level of ascetic's stats doesn't it?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Horseshit.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It just gives them the next level of ascetic's stats doesn't it?

It disables co-op, reduces the damage you deal and increases the damage you take is all it does.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Okay, I'll skip that one then.

Guess I'll try inducting everyone into Way of Blue. Anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to get invaded a whole ton?

Drangleic at 9m SM is not cutting it.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

It increases their aggro range. But that's about all. Some say the get more aggressive but that's probably bullshit.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Tallgeese posted:

Guess I'll try inducting everyone into Way of Blue. Anyone have a recommendation for somewhere to get invaded a whole ton?

If you want to do blue invasions, you need to be in NG+, it just doesn't work well in NG.

If you want to get invaded by blues, heide's tower is generally a safe bet if you have high sin.

If you want to get invaded by reds, again, heide's tower is usually a hot spot (not sure why). Also the bridge, and huntsman's copse.

In NG+ All of these areas are really busy.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
How do you even break Santier's Spear It seems like that would take forever to do.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

How do you even break Santier's Spear It seems like that would take forever to do.

Join the rats and wail on a Mastadon. Friendly fire does an absurd amount of weapon damage.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SunAndSpring posted:

Attacking a pile of corpses. Or go hit the cat in Majula for a while, it's immortal and doesn't even react but still takes away durability.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

SunAndSpring posted:

Try hitting a corpse with it. And yes, it takes a while regardless.

Edit: Double Ninja'd with the same time stamp!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Takes about 5 minutes as long as you something multi-hit like backspace+r1 on a Mastadon warrior.

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009

Tallgeese posted:

First fire of Brume seems reasonably popular for reds. When I invade there, I get counter-invaded pretty frequently.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

SunAndSpring posted:

Go to the Royal Army Campsite bonfire in Brightstone Cove Tseldora and make a nice pile of the farmers under the cliff with boulders then just keep attacking it. Took me like 2 minutes tops to break it.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

You guys, just attack Dyna and Tillo's nest. It counts as a corpse for some reason and it takes the shortest amount of time of anything in the game to get the spear to break, plus it's the easiest to reach and hit.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Tallgeese posted:

I've experienced both not getting any medals as a host who summons a gold phantom and getting two medals with two phantoms. I think the latter was related to one of the phantoms jumping into lava to get kicked out of the world faster after beating the boss.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

At 180 000 soul memory, where am I likely to find a good place to perform red eye invasions?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Brume Tower doesn't gently caress around. Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

A more fun way is to sunbro sinh in the DLC. His weapon corrosion takes it down pretty quick, only took one battle. It think the corrosion might take more effect if you target his tail?