Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Afriscipio posted:

I'm getting the feeling that four sensibly equipped fighters are going to walk away with the prize, same as last time.

If they use the same sort of tactics that we did I'd pick Two and Two Half Men to have a decent shot.

My team is also not that sort of team! At least we won already Afriscipio!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ramc posted:

If they use the same sort of tactics that we did I'd pick Two and Two Half Men to have a decent shot.

My team is also not that sort of team! At least we won already Afriscipio!

Two and Two Half Men have an awesome name but lack diversity. 4 races better than 2.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Menacing Lack of Spikes is the only team in our division to NOT have a yeti. We've got a human as our big bruiser. They'll certainly all lose to us.

You can trust me; having seen my team in the last test, you know I know how to call a loser.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Jazzimus Prime posted:

It looks like 63 of the 64 fighters are ready to go, we're only waiting on Mattybee.

I am excited.
:siren:Hurry Mattybee:siren:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I keep thinking you're all talking about me!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Matthew Beet posted:

I keep thinking you're all talking about me!

Then we'd be talking about the poor, foolish Melbourne supporter.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
I've sent Mattybee an e-mail and a PM, so he has until 3:00 PM US Central time tomorrow to update his fighter.

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Well, he is in Fight 6. Nothing really holding up the first 4 fights.

I freely admit I just want to get to dwarfkilling.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

AFAIK starting the fights locks builds and all.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Testekill posted:

Then we'd be talking about the poor, foolish Melbourne supporter.

I'm not the Melb supporter, I just lost a toxx and let a Melb loser supporter pick my avatar / name / title/

:negative:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Another thing I want to have in place for the new test tournament is to change some things with how betting funds work.

- All players start betting with N dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if your fighter won a fight, you receive a bonus of X dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if your fighter lost a fight, you receive a bonus of Y dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if you don't have a fighter in the tournament but you placed any bets at all in the previous round, you receive a bonus of Z dwarfbucks

The first, second, and third of these items are sort-of already in place, but they are currently hard-coded global values, and I'd rather have them be a per-league value instead.

For the next test tournament, I'm thinking we'll stick with 1000 starting dwarfbucks, and a bonus of 500, 300, and 400 each round for the X, Y, and Z values respectively. No longer will players be locked out of betting for the rest of the tournament after a bad round of bets!

Hey Jazzimus - did this make it in for the tournament we're about to start? Just want to be sure Bad Munki can keep bleeding dorfbucks into my wallet after the first round's over and he's lost everything!

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I'm done I'm done, you didn't need to send me both an email and a PM!

EDIT: I literally just winged it based on "what I think is going to be funny", though.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
ggogogogogogogo

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I agree with the happy dingo avatar guy, let's get this poo poo rolling. I want to see my guy get killed by a faint breeze.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Podima posted:

Hey Jazzimus - did this make it in for the tournament we're about to start? Just want to be sure Bad Munki can keep bleeding dorfbucks into my wallet after the first round's over and he's lost everything!

Yes, it made it in.

Looks like we're ready to start the first round!

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
So, is anyone going to run a round soon? Just curious.

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008
Shiniest fish in the sea!
:siren: Test Tournament 2, Week 1, Match 1 :siren:

On the left, The Committee to Elect, featuring from top to bottom: Senator Hornstrong the Minotaur managed by Ramc, Senator Armstrong the Human managed by Galick, useless halfwit the Kobold managed by Coward and Kamicatze the Tiger Man managed by Mygna.

On the right, All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long, featuring from top to bottom: Little Prick the Gremlin managed by Bad Munki, Fed After Midnight the Gremlin managed by my dad, long Name To Annoy Commish the Serpent Man managed by Spermy Smurf and Retchin' Gretchen the Goblin managed by Mlle.

Let the battle begin!

As always in a battle including an archer, the first act is loosing an arrow. This time it is useless halfwit loosing the arrow towards Fed After Midnight! The Gremlin dodges backwards, unfortunately still in the path of the arrow! Fed After Midnight is hit in the left lower leg and the impact breaks bones. The Gremlin falls to the floor, down but not out.

The Senators arrive punctually to the center of the ring and both take a diplomatic swing at Little Prick. The Gremlin dodges the blows and retorts with one of his own, which is similarly dodged.

After some ineffectual fighting from both sides Kamicatze decides he has had enough. The Tiger Man stabs long Name To Annoy Commish in the left hand and charges at the Serpent Man. Senator Armstrong follows up with a haymaker that directly connects with long Name To Annoy Commish's right fang, knocking it out. Then Kamicatze stabs the Serpent Man again in the right upper arm, all while long Name To Annoy Commish is still stunned!

Little Prick stabs Senator Hornstrong in his left hand. This is followed quickly by Kamicatze stabbing off long Name To Annoy Commish's nose. Another arrow is loosed into the fray by useless halfwit!

This time the arrow seeks out Little Prick and breaks his left upper leg! The other Gremlin on team All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long is grounded as the crowd is left to ponder if useless halfwit has some kind of prejudice against Gremlins.

Little Prick stabs Senator Hornstrong in the right upper arm doing sensory damage. Kamicatze stabs long Name To Annoy Commish in the right upper arm breaking bones! long Name To Annoy Commish's shiny hammer drops to the arena floor. Little Prick slashes Senator Hornstrong's right foot and the Minotaur comes down to eye level with the Gremlin! At the same time Senator Armstrong scratches Retchin' Gretchen so hard in the upper body that it bruises her left lung through steel mail! After much more bruising of skin and organs and a couple charges that led nowhere Fed After Midnight finally drags himself into the fray. As the Gremlin's first real act of the fight he stabs Kamicatze right in the Tiger Man's left lung. The Tiger Man struggles to breathe as the glowing blue sword is stuck in his chest.

Little Prick slashes Senator Hornstrong's left foot, breaking the bones in it! He follows up with a stab to the Minotaur's right lower arm. Kamicatze, very upset with Fed After Midnight, decides to stab off the Gremlin's right leg!

Fed After Midnight, now losing blood at an alarming rate, does not give in to pain. Instead the Gremlin stabs Kamicatze in the right upper arm, causing the Tiger Man to drop his pike to the ground. Little Prick slashes Senator Hornstrong in his head, which causes the Senator to retort by goring the Gremlin's right lower arm. The pesky Gremlin drops his steel dagger to the ground and gives in to pain! Fed After Midnight gets a quick stab in on Kamicatze's left paw, which brings the Tiger Man to the ground! Senator Armstrong scratches Retchin' Gretchen's upper left back teeth out of her mouth! Fed After Midnight breaks Kamicatze's right lower arm with a stab. Senator Hornstrong puts Little Prick in a chokehold with his leg. Fed After Midnight stabs Kamicatze in the head, lodging his sword in the wound. The Tiger Man gives in to pain! Senator Hornstrong continues to choke Little Prick but he forgot about long Name To Annoy Commish. The Serpent Man has made his way to the Minotaur and promptly clamps his remaining fang into Senator Hornstrong's left lower leg. Venom is pumped into the Minotaur's blood and the mighty beast of a Senator gives in to pain. Fed After Midnight pulls his sword loose and cuts off Kamicatze's head in one fluid motion. The Tiger Man is no more and it is Fed After Midnight that claims the first kill of the match, and the tournament!

useless halfwit had let loose another arrow while long Name To Annoy Commish was busy shaking Senator Hornstrong around by his leg. This arrow meets with Retchin' Gretchen's right upper leg, only leaving a bruise. long Name To Annoy Commish bites Senator Hornstrong again, this time in the Minotaur's head. More venom is pumped into Senator Hornstrong's blood. The Snake Man bites the bull headed Senator several more times. Meanwhile Retchin' Gretchen gets a good shot in at Senator Armstrong's upper body, brusing the Human's lung and causing him to have trouble breathing! Finally, having fulfilled some kind of purpose, Fed After Midnight bleeds out.

The biting continues with long Name To Annoy Commish repeatedly biting and shaking Senator Hornstrong. Retchin' Gretchen bashes Senator Armstrong in the right upper leg, breaking the bones within. The Human Senator hits the ground! It has come to my attention that I haven't been talking a lot about Retchin' Gretchen and Senator Armstrong's fight they were having separate from the rest of the group. This is due to the fact that most of their fighting has only resulted in bruising. A lot of bruising. Retchin' Gretchen is now covered from head to toe in bruises and her opponent who gave her those bruises is on the ground in front of her. Retchin' Gretchen lets the rage take her. She bashes Senator Armstrong in the skull immediately. She follows this up by chipping the bone in his left upper leg. useless halfwit looses another arrow and it connects with Retchin' Gretchen's right upper arm but she doesn't give a poo poo. Smash, SMASH as two more strikes to Senator Armstrong's head end his life.

Note: That red "!" in the black square on the bottom half of the screen is Retchin' Gretchen on top of Senator Armstrong smashing his head in.

Retchin' Gretchen quickly looks for another target, her rage not yet sated. She sees Senator Hornstrong lying on the ground a few yards away. The Minotaur has countless bite marks on his head at this point and is very paralyzed. Once Retchin' Gretchen arrives, the Minotaur's head survives two bashes before it is caved in by the third.

useless halfwit is the only fighter left standing on The Committee to Elect and he knows it. The Kobold calmly looses another arrow, this time aimed at long Name To Annoy Commish. It strikes true into the Snake Man's lower spine and the fighter is grounded! Retchin' Gretchen reaches useless halfwit and what follows is an elegant dance around the arena. The Kobold shows he is far from helpless as he fires arrow after arrow in this dance of death.

Unfortunately for the Kobold it only takes one injury for the dance to end. Retchin' Gretchen charges at the kobold, knocking it over. She then bites useless halfwit in the right foot! In her continued rage she shakes the tiny Kobold until his foot separates from the rest of his body. Retchin' Gretchen follows up with a bone crunching strike to useless halfwit's left upper arm, causing the Kobold's bow to drop to the arena floor. useless halfwit gives in to pain. long Name To Annoy Commish takes the opportunity to bite the Kobold in the head and inject venom. This causes the Kobold to drop his remaining seven arrows to the floor as well. Retchin' Gretchen bashes useless halfwit in the head twice and the battle is done.

Score: All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long - 4, The Committee to Elect - 1

Kills: Kamicatze - 1, Fed After Midnight - 1, Retchin' Gretchen - 3.

Combat Log

Lessons learned: Do not enrage a Goblin with a hammer and don't let Snake Men latch onto your head.

Silverminnow fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Sep 16, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God dammit! I was so excited to start the tournament properly with a Bad Munki loss before they turned it around. Very nicely done!

I'm looking forward to the other matches now that this one has set a good bloody precedent!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

what the poo poo just happened

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

What a way to start the morning off.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Hell. Yes.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

I think that that might be the weirdest match in recent memory.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Did probability just alter to give Bad Munki returns on his accidental bet? :stare:

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Ignite Memories posted:

what the poo poo just happened

I think... I think Bad Munki's team just won a match. Why didn't this happen more often when we were on it?

Also MY DORFBUX! NOOOOOOO!

E: Also, I think the website could do with a legend on the bottom of the standings page. I have no idea what GB, PF, or PA stand for.

pun pundit fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Sep 16, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
A crippled gremlin cut a tigerman to ribbons. :smug:
Another crippled gremlin brought a minotaur down. :smuggo:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

King Cohort posted:

Did probability just alter to give Bad Munki returns on his accidental bet? :stare:

Hahaha...actually, the bet was intentional, but I wanted you to think it was an accident so you'd bet against it for easy money. See, my original build was so bad, my gremlin couldn't even apply the weapon he was given. One of my team mates noticed this and made a fuss, so we actually worked towards a viable build, while you all expected more of the same! We tricked all of you, and you never saw it coming!

PLANS WITHIN PLANS, YOU BUTTHEADS

SUCK IT

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
I believed in Munki :smug:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Just look at it. Looooooook aaaaaaat iiiiiiiit

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
SON OF A BITCH ARMSTRONG

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Beautiful.

Mygna
Sep 12, 2011
Well, at least my tigerman showed that he is very aptly named.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ooh, I won a bet.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Dang. I did have my reservations about our team and there you go with them. Striking is pretty expensive for a minotaur now so there wasn't a lot of room for 'defenses'.

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008

Mygna posted:

Well, at least my tigerman showed that he is very aptly named.

You actually did quite a bit of damage with that pike. Actually the fight could have gone either way at any point. By the end everybody alive was covered in wounds, in pain and tired to a degree. useless halfwit actually could have come out on top in the end there with how slow and wounded Gretchen and the Serpent Man was.

^^^ I think a big part of your teams downfall was actually that long Name To Annoy Commish was forced to drop his hammer pretty early on. This caused him to never stop biting Senator Hornstrong which basically took him out of the fight completely until Gretchen was finally free to take him out. It was a strange twist of luck.

Silverminnow fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Sep 16, 2014

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Is there no set order that the fights are run in the groups stage?

Does this mean my team could be up next instead of last? :holy:

How many teams from each group will progress to playoffs?

I'm hype as heck.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Silverminnow posted:

^^^ I think a big part of your teams downfall was actually that long Name To Annoy Commish was forced to drop his hammer pretty early on. This caused him to never stop biting Senator Hornstrong which basically took him out of the fight completely until Gretchen was finally free to take him out. It was a strange twist of luck.

Hornstrong was hosed up already, and in serious pain. (Gremlins, even crippled ones, are dangerous little pricks) Since he was on the ground, a couple of hammer blows would have certainly caused enough pain to make him faint.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Jack the Lad posted:

Is there no set order that the fights are run in the groups stage?

Correct, fights may now be run in any order in both the groups stage and the playoff stage. The only rule is one round has to be completely finished before the next may begin.

Jack the Lad posted:

Does this mean my team could be up next instead of last? :holy:

Possibly, depending on what the commissioners feel like running.

Jack the Lad posted:

How many teams from each group will progress to playoffs?

Two from each group.

Jack the Lad posted:

I'm hype as heck.

:black101:

Silverminnow
Feb 25, 2008

my dad posted:

(Gremlins, even crippled ones, are dangerous little pricks)

Tell me about it, we had Whip It Out last tournament take out the entire opposing team while on the ground.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

pun pundit posted:

E: Also, I think the website could do with a legend on the bottom of the standings page. I have no idea what GB, PF, or PA stand for.

A few people have been asking about this, so I've changed the page so that you can float your mouse over each of those to get a definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Thanks!

• Locked thread