Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

One time I tried E-harmony for a month. Set no kids, non religious, and physical fitness as extremely important. It matched me with nothing but fat, christian, cows with kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
I'm in Philadelphia and with only a few notable exceptions every chick I've met on OkCupid has been pretty cute. A couple have been objectively terrible as people (one cute Penn Law grad opened the conversation by talking about how she liked living in DC better because "people kept to their own kind there") but mostly its all grad students and medical professionals who don't have time to meet people the normal way. Tinder kept hooking me up with undergrads, hairdressers and bartenders, which is cool for banging but not really ideal for actually dating. After three months here I have two good booty call options, which is more than enough given the rest of my schedule, so I turned off Tinder and only go on dates with chicks that I might want to date in a longer-term sense.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Slim Pickens posted:

Pretty sad that you have to reassure him of the build quality by saying that Italians designed it

still says dodge on the rear end, now you've just involved italians to complicate matters and probably higher priced parts because

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Excuse me, it's imported from Detroit :downs:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

TheQuietWilds posted:

(one cute Penn Law grad opened the conversation by talking about how she liked living in DC better because "people kept to their own kind there")

This is bad?

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

TheQuietWilds posted:

A couple have been objectively terrible as people (one cute Penn Law grad opened the conversation by talking about how she liked living in DC better because "people kept to their own kind there")...
Should have proposed right there.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
OKC really depends on where you live. Down here in South Carolina, it's at best mediocre. But near big northern cities, it's really good. It seems like it's more popular with the younger, intelligent, tech-friendly crowd. Which explains why it kinda sucks down south.

One guy I worked with joined some military specific dating site, and met this chick from MN. He took two weeks of leave and flew up there to meet her. When he showed up at work one week later (of a 2 week leave), his only response to our questions was "Mind your own loving business."

enlisted.txt

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Online dating is up and down. I've had great dates and boring dates from okcupid, but none that were truly terrible.

Tinder netted me the worst date of my life a couple weeks or so ago. Ludicrously hot israeli chick, but she was a total germophobe incapable of words that weren't complaints about something or other. We went to a movie (the worst date scenario) and when I asked for a sip of her soda she wanted me to get my own straw and take the paper off on each end so my fingers wouldn't touch it. At the end she said to me "you don't have to walk me out or anything, I don't think there was much of a spark" which was pretty lol. Bonus is that I'm now an expert on the fact that there's bacteria everywhere. That being said, I had a great tinder date last week that I may continue with so it may just be luck of the draw.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

MancXVI posted:

Online dating is up and down. I've had great dates and boring dates from okcupid, but none that were truly terrible.

Tinder netted me the worst date of my life a couple weeks or so ago. Ludicrously hot israeli chick, but she was a total germophobe incapable of words that weren't complaints about something or other. We went to a movie (the worst date scenario) and when I asked for a sip of her soda she wanted me to get my own straw and take the paper off on each end so my fingers wouldn't touch it. At the end she said to me "you don't have to walk me out or anything, I don't think there was much of a spark" which was pretty lol. Bonus is that I'm now an expert on the fact that there's bacteria everywhere. That being said, I had a great tinder date last week that I may continue with so it may just be luck of the draw.

One weird thing about OkCupid and Tinder is that women actually message me, which was weird given that I always heard the problem was that you had to send out a billion messages to get any responses. When I send a message I have over a 50% response rate. I'm not sure why, other than I do my best to send thoughtful messages based on the profile I just read. I'm not that good looking. My profile is pretty generic, mostly just pictures of my trips to SE Asia while I was stationed on Guam and Sweden/Finland a year or so ago with a new picture for my lead at a Philly landmark. On OKC I have a mention of my past military service, some generic lists of poo poo I like or whatever, and a name-drop of the program I'm at, which is pretty well regarded. You'd have some people be boring/weird with literally any system of blind dating strangers. I think it works overall incredibly well, at least here. In Yucca Valley/29 Palms it was a hilarious trainwreck. My old laptop died without a backup, but I used to have a screenshot of an OkCupid profile that was a picture of a woman leaned up against a car peeing on the side of the road, with an 'About Me' section that said "I'm looking for a man with military benefits."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i found N4Is boyfriend on grindr

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

TheQuietWilds posted:

One weird thing about OkCupid and Tinder is that women actually message me, which was weird given that I always heard the problem was that you had to send out a billion messages to get any responses. When I send a message I have over a 50% response rate. I'm not sure why, other than I do my best to send thoughtful messages based on the profile I just read. I'm not that good looking. My profile is pretty generic, mostly just pictures of my trips to SE Asia while I was stationed on Guam and Sweden/Finland a year or so ago with a new picture for my lead at a Philly landmark. On OKC I have a mention of my past military service, some generic lists of poo poo I like or whatever, and a name-drop of the program I'm at, which is pretty well regarded. You'd have some people be boring/weird with literally any system of blind dating strangers. I think it works overall incredibly well, at least here. In Yucca Valley/29 Palms it was a hilarious trainwreck. My old laptop died without a backup, but I used to have a screenshot of an OkCupid profile that was a picture of a woman leaned up against a car peeing on the side of the road, with an 'About Me' section that said "I'm looking for a man with military benefits."

It's not hard because the majority of messages dudes send are literally "hey u want 10" dik???"

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

:swoon:

I met my significant other on okcupid, but he was unusual in that he didn't ask for a dick pic right off the bat

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:swoon:

I met my significant other on okcupid, but he was unusual in that he didn't ask for a dick pic right off the bat

Being gay must be weird/awesome, as long as you don't live in bumfuck southeast/Midwest.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MancXVI posted:

It's not hard because the majority of messages dudes send are literally "hey u want 10" dik???"

thats my approach at the bar

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thats my approach at the bar

Do they get mad when they find out you meant 2", in and out 5 times?

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

MancXVI posted:

Should've given her the dirtiest sanchez.

Tinder around the 21-25 range out in Los Angeles is a mix of batshit crazy women with daddy issues, hipsters, and wannabe glamor models, there's really no inbetween. You're definitely not going to find long-term material, but it's good times none the less.

I can't imagine what it's like in the flyover states. :allears:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TheQuietWilds posted:

Being gay must be weird/awesome, as long as you don't live in bumfuck southeast/Midwest.

Atlanta is the gayest city in the country. It's gay mecca for people trying to escape the shitheads of the south.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

McSpatula posted:

I can't imagine what it's like in the flyover states. :allears:

"Girlfriend Experiences" and women so fat they have their own gravitational pull

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheQuietWilds posted:

Do they get mad when they find out you meant 2", in and out 5 times?

:thejoke:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Atlanta is the gayest city in the country. It's gay mecca for people trying to escape the shitheads of the south.

Denver is super gay. I even worked at a gay bar here for the first year I lived here. :gay:

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q
everywhere is the gayest city

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
My best bud and his BF just moved to Atlanta and they're gaying up a big gay house and raising some pet (gay) chickens and, to my surprise, nobody down there gives a gently caress. It sounds pretty sweet, especially compared to upstate new york that is already cold as gently caress.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

krispykremessuck posted:

everywhere is the gayest city

Especially if it begins with Camp, Fort, or NS/NAS, or ends with AFB.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Reminds me of that joke about how Italians wear gold necklaces so they know when to stop shaving. Looks like he just keeps a T-shirt on when he shaves the neckbeard off.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Godholio posted:

Especially if it begins with Camp, Fort, or NS/NAS, or ends with AFB.

All bases are at GAYPCON DELTA

EBB fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Sep 17, 2014

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I saw a dead guy on the way into work. There's this road people just cross willy nilly and stand in the middle turn lane and it was sunrise and dude got fuckin hit by a ford explorer and effed that car up. His shoes were just chillin on the ground where he got hit and his body was a bit away with cops all just kind of standing around like, welp, he's dead.

p cool morning

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
everday when i see people do dumb poo poo, i hope for assholes to die. at least you got to see my dreams.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Is this a famous person because I'm just seeing a Marine who grew a sweet fieldstache.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

He looks familiar.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

This guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CldcnKKBI

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Stanley Goodspeed
Dec 26, 2005
What, the feet thing?

Any of you guys gotten LASIK? If so was it awesome? Any regrets to having a laser vaporize chunks of your eyeball? A real doctor would do it, not someone in any military.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Stanley Goodspeed posted:

Any of you guys gotten LASIK? If so was it awesome? Any regrets to having a laser vaporize chunks of your eyeball? A real doctor would do it, not someone in any military.

That was the best thing the air force ever did for me. Lasik is the best. If nothing else, I got that out of 'em. Two years later and it still shocks me sometimes that I can see without contacts.

I lucked out in that my doc went to Harvard medical and had spent like 5 or 6 years doing it in the civilian side before he went mil.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

drat that wardog is hosed up

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Just wanted you guys to see that pic no hidden agenda sorry

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Man people from my work are going all sadbrains over seeing the dead guy on the road this morning. For a bunch of HARDENED FORMER MILITARY KILLERS HOOYAH (fuckin navy) they sure are a bunch of pussies.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Please explain "the dead guy on the road"

One time on my way to work I'm pretty sure I saw a dead hobo that a schoolbus had hit because how else can you explain a schoolbus stopped next to a homeless man lying in the middle of the street with someone poking him

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Please explain "the dead guy on the road"

One time on my way to work I'm pretty sure I saw a dead hobo that a schoolbus had hit because how else can you explain a schoolbus stopped next to a homeless man lying in the middle of the street with someone poking him

Scroll up. I made a post at like 7am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Man people from my work are going all sadbrains over seeing the dead guy on the road this morning. For a bunch of HARDENED FORMER MILITARY KILLERS HOOYAH (fuckin navy) they sure are a bunch of pussies.

what a bunch of losers

my neighbor down the hall in the condo next to mine was rotting away for a week before they found him a couple days ago. now hopefully ill get some spooky shenanigans goin on :ghost:

• Locked thread