Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I love all the Max Payne games, maybe certain ones more than others. And I really enjoyed the Alan Wake games. Remedy is awesome, and Rockstar did an alright job at least making a fun shootmans game where I can toss an old fucker's paunchy body headfirst into walls while I shoot at waves of identical thugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Max Payne 3 owns..?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

LibbyM posted:

Counterpoint, Max Payne 3 is a bad game because it is not fun to play.

Counter-counterpoint, Max Payne 3 is a okay game with some problems stopping it from being a great game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yes, but how many cheeseburger meals is it worth?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Awesome! posted:

listen to the person with the better av

Can't do it brother, if I choose then someone gets AV hurt and I can't have that blood on my hands

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
counterpoint: don't buy max payne 3

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Counterpoint: I've never played Max Payne 3.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm boycotting all Max Payne games, there is just too much confusion surrounding the whole series for me, I had no idea it was such a loving hot potato

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm just kind of bummed that Remedy probably won't make Alan Wake 2 for a long time. They finally made the combat actually fun in American Nightmare and then nothing.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

i only have max payne 3 :smug:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I got the original Max Payne when it came out and the big hype about it was REALISTIC FACES which in retrospect just look like he's sucking a lemon / making GBS threads his pants

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Now I understand what Ragequit gets so mad about!!! He's still wrong about Hitman Absolution however

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Makes for screenshots that involve shooting bullets. It's basically supposed to be the face you make at the moment a bullet goes off. Eternally.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Have the makers of this made any other wizardry type games? It looks pretty cool, but I was wondering if they had a reputation one way or the other.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Makes for screenshots that involve shooting bullets. It's basically supposed to be the face you make at the moment a bullet goes off. Eternally.

Looks more like the poor dude is getting kicked in the gonads Eternally.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

LibbyM posted:

Have the makers of this made any other wizardry type games? It looks pretty cool, but I was wondering if they had a reputation one way or the other.

They got started making official Japanese Wizardrys, I think. Not that that means anything, pretty much every rpg dev in Japan has made a Wizardry at some point.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I enjoyed Max Payne 3. Treat it like an overly dramatic comic, and shoot dudes. I had a blast with it.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
I bought postal 2 but beforehand I was reading around about what's been added. It's actually getting some new dlc campaign. DLC on an eleven year old game. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkP3WiWDDr0

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Max Payne 3 loving owns, buy it you nerds.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Quest For Glory II posted:

Now I understand what Ragequit gets so mad about!!! He's still wrong about Hitman Absolution however

You have a weird definition of mad, but I am about to blow your mind:

Max Payne 3 is an OK game
Thief is an OK game
Hitman Absolution is an OK game

Of those three I probably had the most fun with Max Payne. The locations were fun. Also slow mo' shootin' every day.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Harminoff posted:

I bought postal 2 but beforehand I was reading around about what's been added. It's actually getting some new dlc campaign. DLC on an eleven year old game. Amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkP3WiWDDr0

RWS will also patch the game for seasonal content, like a Christmas thing where all the fat male bystanders had Santa hats, a Valentine's thing where random bystanders would offer flowers to other bystanders for a kiss, and an Easter Bunny hunt where if you found and killed the kung-fu Easter Bunny you'd get a bunch of ammo for some of the rarer guns like the WMD launcher. I wonder if they'll do something for Halloween this year.

edit: VV Yeah, Absolution is a dull pile of poo poo and I regret buying it even at five bucks.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I have a reasonably low bar for being entertained by a game (I played all of Deus Ex: The Fall!!) and despite making it through Hitman Absolution I wouldn't say it was an OK game. It felt like a broken game that I only made it through because I had the difficulty set on Easy.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I bought Max Payne 3 (at full price, on console) because the previews promised that if your guy was carrying a shotgun, you could pull out a handgun from your coat and your guy would transfer the shotgun to dangling in his off hand, and I stand by that fine reasoning.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

King Vidiot posted:

RWS will also patch the game for seasonal content, like a Christmas thing where all the fat male bystanders had Santa hats, a Valentine's thing where random bystanders would offer flowers to other bystanders for a kiss, and an Easter Bunny hunt where if you found and killed the kung-fu Easter Bunny you'd get a bunch of ammo for some of the rarer guns like the WMD launcher. I wonder if they'll do something for Halloween this year.

I'm just more surprised that a company is still around 11 years later with really nothing else on their resume.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Max Payne was good
Max Payne 2 was great
Max Payne 3 is like 30 gigs and I don't really wanna deal with that

This is the max payne thread right?

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Don't forget Max Payne 1 has that neat dynamic difficulty. With the added bonus bug of it counting a quicksve and load as you not dying and eventually ramping it up to every fight being one or two shot kills. Also Max Payne 3 is worth one Big Mac meal and is not a waste of time to play.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

I bought Max Payne 3 (at full price, on console) because the previews promised that if your guy was carrying a shotgun, you could pull out a handgun from your coat and your guy would transfer the shotgun to dangling in his off hand, and I stand by that fine reasoning.

I liked this feature too. Except that your guy does this at the start of every single cutscene and you have to switch back manually every time. No Max, I want to demolish everything with the auto-shotgun, stop whipping out the Glock everytime someone starts talking :argh:

Most of the problems I had with this game were cutscene related now that I think about it. Still had a decent amount of fun though.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FF13 trilogy is coming to steam, apparently.

13 itself kind of blows but 2 and LR are pretty fun.

source:http://www.square-enix.co.jp/fabula/FF13_Portal/

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Oh hey TGS is around the corner, so I guess stuff like that makes sense.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I assume FF7 and FF8 sold pretty well then.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
gently caress, I'm going to buy that day one, aren't I.

I hope it's at least priced reasonably.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Kind of a general question but are there any roguelike/wizardry clone games? It seems like they'd fit well together.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I don't really care about 13, but with Square continuing to support the PC I'm hopeful that some other games see a port. I'd love Tactics Ogre LUCT and a version of FFT War of the Lions without the lag.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I want Capcom to announce Ace Attorney Trilogy for Steam at TGS, come on Cappy.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't really care about 13, but with Square continuing to support the PC I'm hopeful that some other games see a port. I'd love Tactics Ogre LUCT and a version of FFT War of the Lions without the lag.

God, loving this. I would buy those two games on release day.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

FFIV (supposedly) got rated for PC by the ESRB so Square will probably end up working through all of their mobile ports at least.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh man, it's coming to Square Enix Streaming Service DIVE IN!!!.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's a bit circuitous, but PPSSPP runs both of those perfectly on PC, and there's a patch for War Of The Lions that fixes the weird hardcoded slowdown.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Can anybody comment on Legions of Ashworld? It looks mildly interesting.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/310970/

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dominic White posted:

It's a bit circuitous, but PPSSPP runs both of those perfectly on PC, and there's a patch for War Of The Lions that fixes the weird hardcoded slowdown.

I realize this but I don't wanna pirate games. I can still play both on Vita so it's not a big deal, I'd just like to have them on PC because eventually they'll release a new handheld that can't play them or mine will break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

I realize this but I don't wanna pirate games. I can still play both on Vita so it's not a big deal, I'd just like to have them on PC because eventually they'll release a new handheld that can't play them or mine will break.

Emulation isn't piracy. If you own the games on Vita then playing them on PC is perfectly fine.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The NA site lists a PC version as well now. Might be getting a PS4 remaster or something.

e: wrong quote.

TheCoon fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 17, 2014

• Locked thread