Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It's unfortunate this show has fallen so far and the characters are all so pointless. We will never get a "Family meeting!" moment from this show and have it mean anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheAwfulWaffle posted:

More and more, watching this show is like watching somebody play Grand Theft Auto.

<<Follow the Delivery Truck. Don't get too close!>>

<<Drive to Hwy 201>>

<<Kill the Chinese>>

<<Chase the Delivery Truck!>>

<<Stupid Cut Scene Where Assholes Say Gibberish to Each Other>>

<<Drive Wendy to the Preschool.>>

drat, Jax! You let the Triads get away.

~Restart mission?~ <Y/N>

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

smg77 posted:

They were guys that Bobby had patched in (over?) from nomads and the Reno charter last season so they are full SAMCRO members. It's just that Sutter is so incompetent that nobody remembers anything other than brain forkings and piss drownings from last season.

What's super telling is people remember - easily! - the brain forkings and piss drownings, but have to stop and think before they recall that Venus had a multi-episode arc involving loving child molesters!

I haven't watched episode 2 yet, and that would usually deter me from catching up on the thread, but not this week! I suspect that half page of posts and Dead Snoopy explaining things will make no additional sense after I watch it.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
After the marathon of the season premiere, I feel as though I could do these 90 minute episodes standing on my head - maybe then the bloodrush to my head would bring the blissful release of passing out.

Jax sleeps the sleep of the wicked, nefarious, deceived, stupid righteous. Look at the bright side, at least you have the whole bed to yourself. :shobon:

Rub-a-dub-dub, Unser tied up in the tub.

Gemma & Nero in the Morrrrrning!

Gemma: "I bet you wish you never bought me that drink - life would be so much simpler."
Nero: "Simpler, but not as fun. :v:"

Oh sure, since meeting her a month ago you've been held at gunpoint, lost your business, your life savings, returned to the gang life you desperately wanted to leave behind; watched your sister be driven to madness and then suicide, been implicated in a school shooting, had several of your crew die, shot your best friend in the face; been framed and imprisoned for murder, shot at and beaten up. She's also confessed to being involved in the deaths of her two previous husbands - and that's just the poo poo you know about.

Then Wendy enters: "Mom. Dad." I'm seriously getting Married with Children flashbacks. Ahh, those were good times.

Once again illustrating how little of a gently caress Gemma has for the kids, Wendy has to remind her to not smoke around them and has to convince her that sending Abel to pre-K is a good idea.

Gemma: "You take them. I'm going outback and give the azaleas cancer." Nero and Wendy share a look that says, "v:v:v: That's our Gemma!"
*Cue laughtrack*

So that's the new police chief, eh? Poor thing doesn't stand a chance.

Aw, a Ratboy and Tig bonding moment over rape and :dong:

Ratboy: "What if you weren't such a dick."
Tig: "What if when we're done here we go to your house and I rape your momma."
Ratboy: "What if we find her on top of your dad, slamming a big black dildo in his rear end while he's calling out my name?"
Tig: ". . . nice touch. :golfclap:"
Ratboy: "Thanks! :v:"
*Cue laughtrack*
gently caress this show.

So Juice bound and gagged Unser, stuffed him into the bathtub overnight, then cuts him loose and then asks Unser how he knew that he was there. After Unser pieces together that Gemma's connected to this Juice offers to let him go. I'd ask how Juice is still alive, but he's even failed to kill himself twice - proving that it is possible to be too stupid to die.

I love the random name generated for this: MeatyWetBighorn.gif

Wow, Ratboy and Tig. You rascals.
*Cue laughtrack*
As an aside, I like to think that Ratboy represents the audience in this scene.

Showing that the Sons are capable of subtlety and nuance, Happy packs the head of an innocent member of the Triad tortured to death last episode into a box of fortune cookies. Surely only good things can come from this.

Unser's now at the station to meet the new police chief, who has been in two scenes so far without an introduction. I only manged to catch her name from her uniform label. Also, nobody at the station seems to give a gently caress that Lt. Roosevelt was shot in the back in the home of the leader of a local biker gang; business as usual at Charming PD.

It amuses me when characters acknowledge how stupid other characters are.

Unser: "Juice is kinda of . . . like a child: not too savvy."
Lt. Jarry: "As opposed to the other leather-clad Mensa members?"
Unser: "Don't buy into that white trash myth, ma'am: these guys are not cretins. Jax Teller is formidable: as smart as he is dangerous."

:cawg: Counterargument: All of season 6.
    Jax, who sent the one non-Caucasian in the MC to a neo-nazi HQ and wondered why he failed.
    Jax, who was betrayed by the Irish so often that it became a running gag.
    Jax, who gave Juice the kiss of death for betraying him on multiple occasions (and for killing a fellow club member) before sending him to protect his wife.
    Jax, who just yesterday tortured and murdered the first man his mother pointed out to him as Tara's killer and ignited a gang war in the process.

Jax Teller: Leather-Clad Mensa Member

I like that Tommy cried as soon as Gemma picked him up and then calmed down as soon as she handed him back to the babysitter: the kid senses evil. Even Abel, a child trying to understand the senseless murder of his mother has to stop and ask if Gemma is okay. :rolleyes: The way everybody bends over backwards to indulge her is the most frustrating thing about this show. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised to find Gemma swinging in a hammock while being fanned by the mayor as the police chief fed her grapes.

Then we cap the scene with instance #5921 of Gemma not giving a gently caress about the kids.

Honey, you may as well start filling out adoption papers.

Ghostpilot from last season posted:

Honestly, I think the boys are less the reason and more the weapon. Abel and Thomas are used as instruments to inflict harm on Gemma, Tara, Jax and Wendy. They dress it under the guise of "protecting family", but all they ever do is use those kids as methods to hurt or coerce one another.
Because Gemma has no use for the kids now that Tara's dead.

:psyduck: So, last episode, Henry Lin was hesitant to attend Jax's warehouse party because Henry's uncle and several of his men were ambushed and killed at the Son's barn. Reluctantly, he attends. At the party, his cousin disappears. The next day, Jax sends Henry's cousin's head in a box of fortune cookies, with clear evidence that he was killed in the same way Tara had been.

Jax: "I'm going to gain his trust. He can't know it's me!" :ssh:

Whenever Nero is in a scene with another minor character (usually in his car), it's good! This scene with Nero and Wendy is the best part of this episode. Straight up.

Step 2 of Jax's secret plan to gain Henry's trust: immediately raid their gun deal and kill everyone involved. It's an old action trope, but it's amusing that the Sons aren't even trying to dodge bullets anymore.

Buttrock chase scene! :dance:

Man, they're really going out of their way to offend every minority this season.

:sigh: "poo poo" count: 1.
:sigh: "Jesus Christ": count: 1.

Hey, Robocop's back! :awesomelon: Also yay, another scene with minor characters - an oasis in this desert of stupid. Though I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with anything.

:sigh: "poo poo" count 2.

Learning that the gun deal went south, Henry immediately suspects Jax. So, step 2 . . . Success? :shrug:

:sigh: "Jesus" count: 2.

For as dumb as he's written, Juice's actor conveys his internal struggle very well. And finally, Juice does something he should've done ages ago: got the gently caress out of Charming. But not before immediately compromising the burner phone Gemma got for him by calling Chibs and hanging up. I'm willing to forgive it, though, as it's already been established that Chibs is the person Juice is closest to in the MC.

So Nero, the Mayans, the Sons and the Triad meet on a street corner. Everyone is wondering how the Sons knew that the Triad gun deal went bad if they had nothing to do with it.

Jax: "Uh..." :shrug:

Jax Teller: Mastermind

Gotta love when an episode brings up its own plotholes.

And then the Sons bury the dead Triad members along with the aristocrats priory and prostitute killed last episode.

Tig: "We're running out of room out here."
Happy: "I know thousands of places to bury bodies." :unsmigghh:

And we close out with a 5 minute montage that's actually of a decent song this time around.

Wait, huh? Okay, backtracking a bit. When the Sons raided the Triad's gun deal, they'd gotten a hold of the President of the Indian Hills charter for back up. He brings in a some guys that he says were referred to him by one of his whores. During the raid, Jax and Chibs bang up a truck belonging to one of the guys. They offer to pay him for the trouble and the guy immediately gives them the address to his house because he's an idiot who's gonna die.

Later that night, the Sons show up and kill the guy and his friend before leaving behind evidence to frame them for the ambush and giving Lin's men the address. After the leave, the Indian Hills SoA president shows up at the house and finds the guys the Sons murdered and bursts into tears, cradling one of the men in his arms as he pieces together what happened - recognizing one of the guns as one they used in the ambush. I guess we're meant to assume that he was the charter President's son or something, but this never established. If anything, the reverse is true. So either Henry's men are going to show up there and find the SoA IH President there, or the IH President is going go after Jax. Or nothing will happen, because this is SoA and that's as valid an option as any.

All in all, a step up from last week's boring and ugly premiere - saved by a shorter running time and a few scenes between minor characters. The revenge plot is utterly nonsensical, so it's just a matter of waiting until it explodes into a spactacular gory mess of blood, rape and :psyduck:.

PS: If the Tigjob gif is too large, I'll go back and change it to a link.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
I think that the new Sheriff(?) is the third major law enforcement character in a row to be introduced with a "watches silently while SOA rides down Main Street" scene.

Active666
Apr 3, 2009
Wait a minute...There was an episode last night? I thought this poo poo was airing on Friday's this season. https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+sons+of+anarchy+episodes&oq=list+of+sons&aqs

So this is wrong I take it?

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
I'm very interested in where this will play into my own "Worst Last Season" game. With Dexter and True Blood already providing solid bottoms to the ranking system, I wonder where Sons will lie when all is said and done.

I do see the slightest possibility of light in the notion that Jax is now so obsessed with his own cause that he will bring about the demise of his own club because he is done putting them first. If they really hammer on that and expand upon it, draw some parallels to Clay, it could be slightly more watchable. As it is it's largely boring, confused and forgettable and thus a weird macho retread of True Blood's end.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Active666 posted:

Wait a minute...There was an episode last night? I thought this poo poo was airing on Friday's this season. https://www.google.com/search?q=list+of+sons+of+anarchy+episodes&oq=list+of+sons&aqs

So this is wrong I take it?

Looks like somebody at Google is trying to save people from this show. They're good people. :unsmith:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

inconsequential posted:

I'm very interested in where this will play into my own "Worst Last Season" game. With Dexter and True Blood already providing solid bottoms to the ranking system, I wonder where Sons will lie when all is said and done.

I do see the slightest possibility of light in the notion that Jax is now so obsessed with his own cause that he will bring about the demise of his own club because he is done putting them first. If they really hammer on that and expand upon it, draw some parallels to Clay, it could be slightly more watchable. As it is it's largely boring, confused and forgettable and thus a weird macho retread of True Blood's end.

This season's good so far because they're finally having Jax be an unabashed huge piece of poo poo without trying to make excuses for him or portray him in any kind of heroic light. The club's already well on it's way to ruin, it's just a question of if Gemma or Jax will earn a tiny bit of redemption before the end and allow some of the club members to escape his downward spiral.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

Does anyone think Jax will go as far as personally killing Gemma once he finds out the truth in the end? Matricide is probably one of the only 'shocking' things Sutter hasn't tried yet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jax will just get tricked into loving his own mom because he's dumb like that and Sutter will think it's some brilliant oedipal opus.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

LobsterMobster posted:

drat, Jax! You let the Triads get away.

~Restart mission?~ <Y/N>

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FOLLOW THE drat TRUTH, JAX.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Did they ever explain why Juice is hiding out? Is he just feeling incredibly guilty or does the club suspect him of something? Did the cops find some evidence linking him to Roosevelt's murder? I thought I'd watched all of the season premier, but maybe I missed something?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Noirex posted:

Does anyone think Jax will go as far as personally killing Gemma once he finds out the truth in the end? Matricide is probably one of the only 'shocking' things Sutter hasn't tried yet.

ruddiger posted:

Jax will just get tricked into loving his own mom because he's dumb like that and Sutter will think it's some brilliant oedipal opus.

Knowing Sutter it will be both of these things.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

haljordan posted:

Did they ever explain why Juice is hiding out? Is he just feeling incredibly guilty or does the club suspect him of something? Did the cops find some evidence linking him to Roosevelt's murder? I thought I'd watched all of the season premier, but maybe I missed something?

He shot the chief of police who caught Gemma seconds after murdering Tara. I don't know if you need a reason beyond that.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Gazaar posted:

He shot the chief of police who caught Gemma seconds after murdering Tara. I don't know if you need a reason beyond that.

Yeah, apparently no one cares when the police chief is shot in the head next to a body that wasn't shot but violently attacked and messily stabbed in the head with a bbq fork.

"Well, it looks like there's no evidence, oh well." Which is clearly bullshit because Tara's fingernails would have Gemma's DNA on them, Gemma's hair would be everywhere, Unser knew Gemma went to Tara's and suddenly Tara turned up dead. Sutter writes all this "dramatic" stories either not realizing he ignores his own developments when convenient or thinks he's some epic storyteller because everything is layers upon layers.

Oh, and Juice, if you're trying to escape the MC, maybe don't go to Lodi. Go to Chicago or Miami for fucks sake, don't just move 2 towns over.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

pentyne posted:

Yeah, apparently no one cares when the police chief is shot in the head next to a body that wasn't shot but violently attacked and messily stabbed in the head with a bbq fork.

"Well, it looks like there's no evidence, oh well." Which is clearly bullshit because Tara's fingernails would have Gemma's DNA on them, Gemma's hair would be everywhere, Unser knew Gemma went to Tara's and suddenly Tara turned up dead. Sutter writes all this "dramatic" stories either not realizing he ignores his own developments when convenient or thinks he's some epic storyteller because everything is layers upon layers.

Oh, and Juice, if you're trying to escape the MC, maybe don't go to Lodi. Go to Chicago or Miami for fucks sake, don't just move 2 towns over.

Haha yeah I was gonna say...maybe check out Belize or some poo poo. He still seems to be like, no more than an hour from the scene of where his (latest) first degree murder took place.

Daedo
May 5, 2002

haljordan posted:

Juice blabbed about killing the mother of the little boy shooter to Nero last season when he was half concious after yet another failed suicide attempt. Nero spoeke to JAx about this which led to Jax whispering "you betrayed me" to Juice in the season finale last year.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Daedo posted:

Juice blabbed about killing the mother of the little boy shooter to Nero last season when he was half concious after yet another failed suicide attempt. Nero spoeke to JAx about this which led to Jax whispering "you betrayed me" to Juice in the season finale last year.

Ahhhhhh OK. Yeah I remember that but I figured that it was just like every other SoA plotline: quickly abandoned and never referenced again. Seriously, you'd think Jax would learn to just kill his enemies as soon as possible and forget all these dumb drawn-out revenge fantasies.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Juice is by far the worst in a lineup of poo poo characters. The actor overacts every scene and probably thinks he is super intense or something, his "am I half black" storyline was so dumb, he is such a douche

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Pron on VHS posted:

Juice is by far the worst in a lineup of poo poo characters. The actor overacts every scene and probably thinks he is super intense or something, his "am I half black" storyline was so dumb, he is such a douche

That right there sums up why this show sucks rear end. The MC commits god knows how many A1 felonies on a daily basis, and the bad-rear end sheriff's plan to bring them down is to blackmail their most volatile member over the fact that he's half black. You could gather enough evidence to send every single Son to jail for a century if you just followed them around with a video camera for half a day. In fact, gently caress the video camera, you could even just film that poo poo on your phone!

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Pron on VHS posted:

Please try not to forget that the storyline in question involved a half-black man lynching himself in the woods while a white woman sang Strange Fruit.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So is Jax trying to set up the entire Indian Hills crew or was he just stupid enough to plant the same gun that guy used at the murder scene?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

was he just stupid enough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJbmB9k2Y88

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

So is Jax trying to set up the entire Indian Hills crew or was he just stupid enough to plant the same gun that guy used at the murder scene?

It'll be great when they tell Jax "Oh, we recovered the gun used in the shooting at the scene of Tara's death. Oh, no, it wasn't the asians, why do you ask?"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

pentyne posted:

It'll be great when they tell Jax "Oh, we recovered the gun used in the shooting at the scene of Tara's death. Oh, no, it wasn't the asians, why do you ask?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............ no reason......."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Kv4rBJi68

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Wait so did Juice actually go to the other place? I thought the end suggested he had, for some reason, just driven back to Wendy's. If he did get to Gemma's dad, it sure looks a lot like Wendy's place.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

inconsequential posted:

Wait so did Juice actually go to the other place? I thought the end suggested he had, for some reason, just driven back to Wendy's. If he did get to Gemma's dad, it sure looks a lot like Wendy's place.

I thought he went back there to cry some more too, didn't look like he left town. I can't tell from the interior shots if it isn't the junkie's house or not.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I was also pretty positive it was Wendy's place, as was evidenced by my yelling "JUICE WHY THE gently caress DID YOU GO BACK TO WENDY'S PLACE YOU IDIOT" at my TV.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Yeah he went back. The furniture was the same.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I was also pretty positive it was Wendy's place, as was evidenced by my yelling "JUICE WHY THE gently caress DID YOU GO BACK TO WENDY'S PLACE YOU IDIOT" at my TV.

I thought the same thing.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Since juice betrayed Jax to Nero, and Nero is back in the family, there's not much reason for Juice to be on the outside anymore, and I think that's what the horrifically ill-advised phone call to chibbs was about.

juice's character has hit the level of stupidity that we saw from tara last season: given two options, choose the third, dumbest option. you have to leave charming, you can stay at my dad's place, or you can stay somewhere else. OK I'M GONNA STAY IN CHARMING WOOOO

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

So it was Wendy's place? :sigh: Jesus Christ.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

what a wonderful season this is turning out to be. :allears:

Modus Operandi
Oct 5, 2010
That gunfight was even more half-assed than usual. It was just all cut away shots of people falling down with cgi blood. SOA members also have super powers or something because they can stand right out there in the open and kill people hiding behind cover with one shot.

That ending song was also annoying and sucked rear end. Was it a white rapper? Completely terrible.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Yeah the show's gotten even more lazy somehow.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Modus Operandi posted:

That gunfight was even more half-assed than usual. It was just all cut away shots of people falling down with cgi blood. SOA members also have super powers or something because they can stand right out there in the open and kill people hiding behind cover with one shot.

That ending song was also annoying and sucked rear end. Was it a white rapper? Completely terrible.

It took me a while but yeah, that was Yelawolf, a white dude out of Alabama.

klf11
Aug 17, 2014
wasnt enough violence in ep2, needed more violence!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

comes along bort posted:

Yeah the show's gotten even more lazy somehow.

You know how most shows go all out with their final seasons? Kurt Sutter does not play that game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Its true, that really was the laziest shootout the show has ever done. Close-ups of guys shooting with mean faces and close-ups of guys getting shot and going down. It was like one of those Death Wish sequels where Bronson couldn't even move anymore.

• Locked thread