Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

Mightaswell posted:

uh then you actually get an inferior user experience that involves a poo poo ton of "YOU HAVE APP PURCHASES THAT AREN'T SYNCED DO U WANNA BACK THEM UP" erros and and it's loving confusing as poo poo like lol just take my things off my phone update the os then put my things back

gently caress itunes seriously

itunes has a serious identity crisis. first of all why are they keeping the name 'itunes' around. second yeah when i restore from a non-incloud backup it gives me some dumb error that 106 apps couldn't be found. what the gently caress does that even mean apparenlty it's because the cache is corrupted in itunes and i need ot tell itunes to redownload the apps. why in the gently caress. like who even know that itunes had copies of my apps why would it have copies of my apps. why isn't it just pulling them down from teh :yaycloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

a high-protein meat alternative

5.8GB of space needed to update ipad??

timb :argh:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Your software update request has been received. You will be notified when the update has been downloaded and is ready to install

:neckbeard:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

if you wipe your phone you have to do the fingerprint poo poo again and it's quite annoying

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Mightaswell posted:

don't be dense. do an icloud backup, then wipe, then ios8, then wipe again, then set up as your old device

lolllllll

Pinterest Mom posted:

or just update when your phone is connected to your computer, the space limit doesn't apply then

lolllllll

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

if you wipe your phone you have to do the fingerprint poo poo again and it's quite annoying

yes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Millstone posted:

itunes has a serious identity crisis. first of all why are they keeping the name 'itunes' around. second yeah when i restore from a non-incloud backup it gives me some dumb error that 106 apps couldn't be found. what the gently caress does that even mean apparenlty it's because the cache is corrupted in itunes and i need ot tell itunes to redownload the apps. why in the gently caress. like who even know that itunes had copies of my apps why would it have copies of my apps. why isn't it just pulling them down from teh :yaycloud:

i can't imagine how awful the source code is by now. a 13 year old mp3 library manager that's become everything

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:
as far as the wobble phone goes, they probably should have just made it slightly thicker and used the space for batteries but ultimately it seems like nbd.

iOS8 sure comes up with weird word suggestions though.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

lolllllll

lolllllll

or just don't buy povertyphones

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Werthog 95 posted:

is this actually the good way to do it? how much loving bullshit will i have to go through

please note: the computer this phone is actually synced to is broken right now :-(

No trollin' this is the way I've done every IOS upgrade since IOS 6 i think? I never have enough room.

it takes a little longer but works. The only downside is that if you have an app that is no longer in the app store i don't think it comes back.

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Werthog 95 posted:

i can't imagine how awful the source code is by now. a 13 year old mp3 library manager that's become everything

not only that but they have ea movie player (quicktime) and icloud control panel for ballmerOS;; they should regroup and pull everything into a single app and call it: Steve Jobs.pbuh.exe

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Mightaswell posted:

No trollin' this is the way I've done every IOS upgrade since IOS 6 i think? I never have enough room.

it takes a little longer but works. The only downside is that if you have an app that is no longer in the app store i don't think it comes back.

i'm not going to wait for 40 apps and all my podcasts to redownload, lol

edit: and what about app settings, am i going to have to reconfigure everything?

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

they weren't kidding when they said this was the biggest iOS update ever

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
every day in every way ios 5 is proven to be superior

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

i'm not going to wait for 40 apps and all my podcasts to redownload, lol

edit: and what about app settings, am i going to have to reconfigure everything?

all config stays, even your open tabs in safari will be up. icloud backup is really good like that.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

Mightaswell posted:

all config stays, even your open tabs in safari will be up. icloud backup is really good like that.

that's a little less scary then, ty :tipshat:

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

havn't y'all restored from an icloud backup before? it's like you're holding the exact same phone.

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

icloud is like, my fav apple thing

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

honkwins posted:

5.8GB of space needed to update ipad??

timb :argh:

mine needed 6.5 :smith:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lmao they still haven't fixed this

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's simple, just go through this easy 90-minute process that involves multiple device wipes and downloads to get the latest, bug-ridden os release at least a month before the first stability patch

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

Mightaswell posted:

havn't y'all restored from an icloud backup before? it's like you're holding the exact same phone.

it really is wonderful when it just works™

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

current status: ipad backed up and is awaiting it's turn to download the :filez:

e: downloading !!!!!

honkwins fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 17, 2014

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

nnnng

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

helo ROGERS

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!
:yaycloud::smithcloud:

nice network

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Millstone posted:

it really is wonderful when it just works™

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
redoing ur prints blows

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
plz backup prints to icloud lol

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
apparently ios8 makes iphones 4S slow as poo poo so no

i will probably get a 6 though

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

but I do love updates. hmmm

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
ive been doing the gm and i dont see naything that makes it better than ios7 yet tbqh

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

timb wtf is this

honkwins
Jun 24, 2011

wtf

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

Blackula69 posted:

timb wtf is this

yup

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

univbee posted:

i can't stop hearing the MacOS classic system error noises in my head looking at these (the water droplet, the "weeh" voice etc.)

hahahahahahahaha

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

as far as the wobble phone goes, they probably should have just made it slightly thicker and used the space for batteries but ultimately it seems like nbd.

millimeters can be marketed to joe average idiot fucker the same way megahertz were

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

mine downloaded in about three minutes, works for me!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
first bejewelled match 3 game and now audible doesnt work either

i want to die

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

graph posted:

hahahahahahahaha

millimeters can be marketed to joe average idiot fucker the same way megahertz were

you've been marketing millimeters to the ladies for years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Mightaswell posted:

you've been marketing millimeters to the ladies for years

• Locked thread