Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Hope. Hope is the reason.

There's a difference between being hopeful and being unrealistic. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

closeted republican posted:

There's a difference between being hopeful and being unrealistic. :v:

I mean, I figure if bad games like 3 DS and 13 can get ported, maybe good games can too? :unsmith:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Hope. Hope is the reason.

it's not physically possible because of missing source codes or something. and I don't think ff9 is very popular in japan. too costly, yadda yadda. give up. join the misery.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The vast majority are the original tunes from the original games, I think there are maybe one or two tunes that are taken from later re-releases for no real reason.

I see, thanks!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The vast majority are the original tunes from the original games, I think there are maybe one or two tunes that are taken from later re-releases for no real reason.

Games like Dissidia or Chocobo Dungeon mostly have remixes.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Kurtofan posted:

Games like Dissidia or Chocobo Dungeon mostly have remixes.

Right, but also a few of the original Final Fantasy tracks are arranged versions taken from some re-release I'm not familiar with. It's only an issue with the first Final Fantasy and it's only a few tracks. It was the same way in the first Theatrhythm as well.

It's also worth mentioning for anyone unfamiliar with the games that the music is all trimmed to about two minutes, which does butcher a few of the longer tracks and cut out a few memorable intros.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
That's incredibly disappointing. If you don't get to spend 17 minutes nailing a perfect combo of Dancing Mad only to balls it up in the last 30 seconds and have to start again then it's not worth it. :colbert:

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Yeah, I had hoped they fixed that. That's unfortunate.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

The article posted:

Square Enix did not confirm if the demo will be available to download the same day Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is launched.

I really really want to get excited about something, anything FF-related for the first time in a decade, but what are the odds the demo won't be ready? They gotta be astronomical.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Just a Curtain Call heads up, because I grinded out ten thousand rhythma before doing the obvious thing, but you don't actually unlock online versus mode until you go a round with the AI. Didn't do it for the longest time because I figured, hey, everything else is handed to your piecemeal, why not local and online versus?

Also Sunleth Waterscape is an absolute joy to play on Ultimate.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Francis posted:

Right, but also a few of the original Final Fantasy tracks are arranged versions taken from some re-release I'm not familiar with. It's only an issue with the first Final Fantasy and it's only a few tracks. It was the same way in the first Theatrhythm as well.

It's also worth mentioning for anyone unfamiliar with the games that the music is all trimmed to about two minutes, which does butcher a few of the longer tracks and cut out a few memorable intros.

Oh, that's a bummer. I guess I'll stick to my MP3 player, then.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Kyrosiris posted:

I mean, I figure if bad games like 3 DS and 13 can get ported, maybe good games can too? :unsmith:

Sure... to SE's new streaming service, that is.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

How Rude posted:

Wonder if they will come with their dlcs.

Also you get to face off against Gilgamesh at some point I heard, game is automatically good :colbert:

He's a DLC Colosseum fight; if you beat him, you have a chance of being able to recruit him as a monster party member.

So DLC is already out for Curtain Call, eh? Well, let's see what they've got, I get paid at the end of the week, I might pick some up then-

Curtain Call DLC menu posted:

BMS: Battle 2 - Final Fantasy V (Free)
BMS: Shuffle or Boogie - Final Fantasy VIII
BMS: Blitz Off - Final Fantasy X
BMS: Tough Battle #2 - Final Fantasy XI
FMS: Library of Ancients - Final Fantasy V
FMS: Roses of May - Final Fantasy IX (Free)
FMS: KUON: Memories of Waves and Light - Final Fantasy X-2
FMS: Crazy Chocobo - Final Fantasy XIII-2

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY! :byodood: :shepspends:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Yuffie from FFVII is available as DLC, too. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

T.G. Cid is going to be DLC. Game of the year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Are they still releasing new ones in Japan? I hope they do another Mystic Quest song and character.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

W.T. Fits posted:

Edit: Oh yeah, and Yuffie from FFVII is available as DLC, too. :shrug:

I didn't use or want to use Yuffie in FF7 and she was free there, is she that popular a character that SE thinks they will make a profit off her as DLC?

I am tempted by T.G Cid when he is finally released though, although to be true to the character you should auto win every time you use him.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rirse posted:

Are they still releasing new ones in Japan? I hope they do another Mystic Quest song and character.

They've released 10 DLC packs so far, a dlc pack drops every two weeks, though there haven't been any lately (maybe because of the overseas release).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DeadBonesBrook posted:

I didn't use or want to use Yuffie in FF7 and she was free there, is she that popular a character that SE thinks they will make a profit off her as DLC?

She's DLC for the same reason Vincent is. They were optional characters. That's basically the entire reason there.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Speaking of Yuffie, it should come as no surprise that she's a ridiculous pile of Agility and Luck and not much else. She's far and away my best character for field songs, and she has Steal to help guarantee more drops in battle songs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Francis posted:

One noticeable track that is not trimmed is One Winged Angel, which, of course it is. There are probably others as I have not yet played all 200 and whatever songs

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

One noticeable track that is not trimmed is One Winged Angel, which, of course it is. There are probably others as I have not yet played all 200 and whatever songs

This is funny because it took me completely off guard. I thought the song would be shorter because most of the other songs are relatively trimmed, but One Winged Angel just keeps on going.

It was a test of endurance, especially on Ultimate difficulty.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Much like the deluded FFVII fanbase.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
How do you check how many crystals you've got of each color?

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Endorph posted:

T.G. Cid is going to be DLC. Game of the year.

Only if when you first unlock him he one shots every enemy in a BMS.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

How do you check how many crystals you've got of each color?

When you edit your party, if you've got crystal shards of a given color, then the silhouettes of the locked characters associated with that color will be visible; if you highlight one, it'll show how many crystal shards you have of that color.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

W.T. Fits posted:

He's a DLC Colosseum fight; if you beat him, you have a chance of being able to recruit him as a monster party member.

I am buying this loving game

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Kurtofan posted:

They've released 10 DLC packs so far, a dlc pack drops every two weeks, though there haven't been any lately (maybe because of the overseas release).

Have any of these included tracks from Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger or Bravely Default? Or am I being too optimistic?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The only Non-FF music in the game is from Romancing SaGa.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm morbidly interested in a PC release of FF13, because a PC release means the potential for modding. Of course that will probably translate to people giving Lightning a 12" cock and an extra set of tits.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm morbidly interested in a PC release of FF13, because a PC release means the potential for modding. Of course that will probably translate to people giving Lightning a 12" cock and an extra set of tits.

Or remaking Donkey Kong Country inside of the game.

Either way, it'll end up being better than the original game so everyone wins.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
The DS style Final Fantasy IV is now on Steam. If you want to play it again, I guess. 15.99 is pretty steep for a game I've played and beaten a hundred times but at least it isn't the After Years!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Man all these steam releases give me a little bit of hope to see 15 on PC one day.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 17, 2014

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Man all these steam released give me a little bit of hope to see 15 on PC one day.

You know, I never really considered it a possibility but you might be right. XIII would be a big get for PC, regardless of the overall quality since it could pave the way for future releases launching on PC.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
FFIX's Final Battle theme on Ultimate is loving bullshit.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Levantine posted:

You know, I never really considered it a possibility but you might be right. XIII would be a big get for PC, regardless of the overall quality since it could pave the way for future releases launching on PC.

Given that both the remade/android versions of FF IV and III made it to steam I wouldn't be shocked if by next year we'll have I-VI (at least the android versions) up on steam along side 7 and 8.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Given that both the remade/android versions of FF IV and III made it to steam I wouldn't be shocked if by next year we'll have I-VI (at least the android versions) up on steam along side 7 and 8.

Maybe the iOS version of FFT will make it to Steam before Android! :v:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Fister Roboto posted:

Hey, that might be a pretty fun game. :colbert:

Nah, but maybe modding would make the "hallway" less boring somehow. Sure, there'd be a lot of sex stuff, but modders do other things too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Change all of Lightning's dialogue into Palutena sound files.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Levantine posted:

The DS style Final Fantasy IV is now on Steam. If you want to play it again, I guess. 15.99 is pretty steep for a game I've played and beaten a hundred times but at least it isn't the After Years!

Can someone do a trip report? I honestly like both this version of FFIV and the PSP version I have on my Vita for different reasons. That said, thinking of this version reminds me of how much of a pain Dr. Lugae was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Levantine posted:

Maybe the iOS version of FFT will make it to Steam before Android! :v:

I would say I'd die a little inside but honestly that would not surprise me overmuch. :smith: