Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Xabi posted:

Does 1password offer better integration with iOS than Last Pass? I've been using Last Pass on my computers for a while but never in idevices.

iOS 8 really allows these apps to be integrated into the system much more than was possible before, so this question is really hard to answer before the iOS 8 updates come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Ok, thanks. In that case Last Pass will probably offer something similar, which means I'll stay put for now.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Xabi posted:

Ok, thanks. In that case Last Pass will probably offer something similar, which means I'll stay put for now.

Looks like it.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Apparently 1password wasn't supposed to be free.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Boom!! "gently caress paying for password managers" continues! Thanks thread.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
They should have just stayed quiet and played it off as a secret promotion (ending today or whatever).

I bought lastpass and I push it on everyone word of mouth sells.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Free or not, the TouchID/widget update for 1Password is available in the app store now. loving finally.

edit: got it installed. TouchID + Safari Widgets is glorious

CoasterMaster fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 17, 2014

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Aha, it is going to Freemium model with free upgrade to Pro for v4 owners:

http://blog.agilebits.com/2014/09/17/1password-5-for-ios-is-here-with-app-extensions-touch-id-new-freemium-price/

So the pricing of v4 for free was a fuckup since anyone who got it then can now upgrade for free to v5. Looks like quite a fair model, really.

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!
Swype or SwiftKey? Anyone tried both yet?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

None of the third-party keyboards are out yet, as far as I know.

ScarletBrother
Nov 2, 2004

ryangs posted:

Swype or SwiftKey? Anyone tried both yet?

I've used both on Android, and for tap-typing, I find SwiftKey to be superior. For swiping, Swype is the better option. YMMV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

None of the third-party keyboards are out yet, as far as I know.

Are these going to show up in the aoo-store as "apps" or do we manage them elsewhere?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Sounds like HealthKit apps are pulled for the initial release.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/17/healthkit-apps-delay/

quote:

Apple appears to have discovered a significant last-minute issue with its HealthKit services for iOS 8, a problem that will result in a delay for the launch of new and updated apps that include HealthKit functionality. Apple reportedly has pulled HealthKit-compatible apps from the App Store and is confirming this issue to affected developers. As highlighted by MacStories' Federico Viticci, both CARROT Fit and MyFitnessPal have disappeared from the App Store after being updated with HealthKit support earlier today.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Are these going to show up in the aoo-store as "apps" or do we manage them elsewhere?

Yes. Third party keyboards are extensions that have to be bundled with apps. So there will be a Swype app which comes with a keyboard. I'm guessing these apps will probably be really basic note taking apps.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Probably not even that, the apps are basically where you configure the keyboard settings for that particular keyboard.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Emoji unlockers worked the same way.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
TextExpander 3 just dropped w/ its custom keyboard. https://appsto.re/us/QLQR2.i

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The Yahoo Weather Notification Center widget is disappointingly ugly.

It would be ok if it wasn't for that weird gap on the left side.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It would be ok if they just ditched the stupid image.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

You're right. That would be even better. I will say the jpeg compression is slightly less noticeable on device than it is in the full size screenshot.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

How do you go about enabling widgets? I have Yahoo Weather installed but I'm not seeing anything like that in my notification center. It's not the prettiest, but I would very much like a graphical weather view in my notification center.

e: Oh wait, you just hit Edit in notification center. Wow, that's pretty easy and cool.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Yeah, I would definitely prefer a graphical weather widget over the text-based default one, I just think Yahoo's is ugly, which is surprising considering how good the app itself looks. I'll definitely be on the lookout for better ones once more apps ship iOS 8 updates.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Scanner Pro already updated with an Extension for Photos that lets you easily turn photos into scanned documents without opening up the app. :w00t:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Any word when SwiftKey or Swype are going to be avaiable? I'm itching to change from this godawful default keyboard.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I'm watching this page, and checking the links to see when the apps populate.

http://www.thetechgadget.com/best-third-party-keyboards-ios-8-try/

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Any word when SwiftKey or Swype are going to be avaiable? I'm itching to change from this godawful default keyboard.

SwiftKey tweeted this about 40 mins. ago:

We're aware SwiftKey is taking a while to process into the App Store. Thanks to those who are waiting for your patience!

Guess it's all up to Apple now.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

SwiftKey tweeted this about 40 mins. ago:

We're aware SwiftKey is taking a while to process into the App Store. Thanks to those who are waiting for your patience!

Guess it's all up to Apple now.

SwiftKey JUST hit the AppStore, go hog wild!

https://itunes.apple.com/app/swiftkey-keyboard/id911813648?ls=1&mt=8

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Disappointing Pie posted:

I'm watching this page, and checking the links to see when the apps populate.

http://www.thetechgadget.com/best-third-party-keyboards-ios-8-try/

Trying out TouchPal right now and this is pretty awesome! I've never used these swiping keyboards so it's going to take a little bit to get used to. Hell of a lot faster than typing.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I kinda wish SwiftKey Flow worked on an iPad :(

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
I hope there's keyboards with new emojis. Love me some emojis.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

I'm so happy right now. So happy.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Can anyone open up the Facebook app? I just updated to iOS 8 and had Facebook update as well, but it just keeps crashing to the home screen.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Oh my god, Swiftkey is just amazing on iPhone. It's so so so fast.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

keevo posted:

Can anyone open up the Facebook app? I just updated to iOS 8 and had Facebook update as well, but it just keeps crashing to the home screen.

Works fine for me on iOS 8. No crashes at all.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I can't seem to get switftkey enabled :downs:

Not sure what I am missing, does it need a restart?

Edit hurf durf have to hit the globe icon to change to that keyboard :downs:

priznat fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 17, 2014

Neurophonic
May 2, 2009
It seems that Messages remembers keyboard choice on a per thread basis, which is kind of cool but a bit annoying having to change it every single time somebody texts me.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Cant find Weather in my settings to add to my notifications page. Any help? Where's it gone?!

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
In my keyboards settings area I dragged the Swiftkey keyboard above the other ones and now it seems to be default for everything.

CelestialScribe
Jan 16, 2008
So what's the deal with 1Password - once I download it, how do I get it set up?

Really don't want to have spend hours putting in details of every single website and place I visit. Also, do I have to use the in-app browser? :\

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm using SwiftKey to spell out this message.

• Locked thread