Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro's better than jesus, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I thought we already established that Jesus Christ was a stand, The Passion, first used by John the Baptist, then later rediscovered by Dio Brando

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
No, Jorge Joestar is just stupid and not stupid awesome, and is thus not JoJo enough to matter.

e: Purple Haze Feedback really the only one worth a drat.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Sep 17, 2014

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Jorge Joestar is loving amazing, you take that back. :colbert:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sounds like connect-the-dots fanwank writing.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
According to Jorge Joestar, at one point the town of Morioh sprouts legs and walks around. There's also an army of Karses on the moon because, while each universe reset creates a new Kars, it doesn't delete the last one.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SALT CURES HAM posted:

According to Jorge Joestar, at one point the town of Morioh sprouts legs and walks around. There's also an army of Karses on the moon because, while each universe reset creates a new Kars, it doesn't delete the last one.

Mars, actually. If you're mentioning characters not being deleted, you can't forget to mention Rohan staying perfectly intact through each of the 36-37 resets because he's so focused on his work. As for Kars they all respect humanity after their respective run ins with Joseph and at some point they convince Killer Queen to leave Kira and follow one of them I think?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Jotaro would have gotten out.

The idea of Jesus in a Jotaro hat just beating the poo poo out of the people who crucified him. :allears:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
crown of thorns glowing neon and branching out, seemingly with a mind of its own

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The idea of Jesus in a Jotaro hat just beating the poo poo out of the people who crucified him. :allears:

"The one who will judge you...IS MY STAND!"

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SALT CURES HAM posted:

Can't forget Funny Valentine's son and grandson, Funnier Valentine and Funniest Valentine.

Jorge Joestar is just dumb.

Boogaleeboo posted:

e: Purple Haze Feedback really the only one worth a drat.

Just finished Purple Haze Feedback and it was really good. Please read that. I tried to read Dead Man's Questions which is about Kira being a Ghost Detective, but I kinda fell off it. May try to get back into it or try and finish Part 6 for like the third time.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
uhh jesus is clearly giorno????

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Jehovah Joestar.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

its me

im the christ

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

can I be christ?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Ghost posted:

can I be christ?

Butts are not christian, sorry.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Butt ghosts are already on a higher tier.

BingeHooligan
Dec 24, 2010
これは スタンドが 「クロアン・オブ・ザルンズ」

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Moltrey posted:

Can't forget Funny Valentine's son and grandson, Funnier Valentine and Funniest Valentine.

Jorge Joestar is just dumb.

I don't see how your first sentence leads to the second.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jorge Joestar in fact owns.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Jorge Joestar owns bones. It also surprised me because I assumed that the craziest Jojo novel story was going to be written by NisiOisiN, but Over Heaven felt very... unlike Nisio?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Finished with Part 5 now. I'll just start with the obvious thing that absolutely everyone will have heard a billion times already:

What the gently caress was up with King Crimson?

I gathered it works like this: King Crimson constantly sees ten seconds into the future, and if he doesn't like what's happening there, he goes "NOPE" and starts evading. However, during those ten seconds, everything else continues as if King Crimson hadn't seen the future... only at the end, King Crimson erases that time so that nobody remembers, and kinda merges himself back into the regular timestream. Meaning he can do whatever he wants while everything happens normally - he stays in the equation, while simultaneously telling the equation to go gently caress itself and doing his own thing.

What I don't get is how he could kill Narancia. Previously, King Crimson only removed himself from the "equation" - he moves just to the exact spot to deliver a devastating surprise attack, he flicks his own blood into people's faces, he deletes the exact time that a bullet spends travelling through his body... Basically exactly like Dio's The World, only much, much better defensively. Goddammit, and just when I thought I understood that Stand! :mad:

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Torquemadras posted:

Finished with Part 5 now. I'll just start with the obvious thing that absolutely everyone will have heard a billion times already:

I gathered it works like this: King Crimson constantly sees ten seconds into the future, and if he doesn't like what's happening there, he goes "NOPE" and starts evading. However, during those ten seconds, everything else continues as if King Crimson hadn't seen the future... only at the end, King Crimson erases that time so that nobody remembers, and kinda merges himself back into the regular timestream. Meaning he can do whatever he wants while everything happens normally - he stays in the equation, while simultaneously telling the equation to go gently caress itself and doing his own thing.

What I don't get is how he could kill Narancia. Previously, King Crimson only removed himself from the "equation" - he moves just to the exact spot to deliver a devastating surprise attack, he flicks his own blood into people's faces, he deletes the exact time that a bullet spends travelling through his body... Basically exactly like Dio's The World, only much, much better defensively. Goddammit, and just when I thought I understood that Stand! :mad:

It just works.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

okay, should've seen that one coming

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

howkingcrimsonworks.gif

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

StalkofWheat posted:

howkingcrimsonworks.gif

This makes more sense than it should.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Torquemadras posted:

Watch the Futurama episode Futurama. That's literally exactly how King Crimson operates.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

WickedHate posted:

Watch the Futurama episode Futurama. That's literally exactly how King Crimson operates.

You mean the one with the mutated super basketball players where there's constant timejumps and nobody knows what happened during those jumps? I saw that explanation several times... only there's no dude who can remove himself from causality during those time frames, and and and

You know what, I'm sticking with my explanation. Makes perfect sense to me, except for Narancia's death...

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY_Ry8J_jdw

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BlitzBlast posted:

I don't see how your first sentence leads to the second.

Jorge Joestar is dumb as hell in the best way. poo poo like Funniest Valentine and 37 Cars on Mars is amazing, but yo it's dumb. I wanna read that and Over Heaven one day

Torquemadras posted:

The zips of Part 5 I downloaded had three different explanations for how King Crimson worked and eventually I just stopped caring. My biggest question is why is it so mad. King Crimson is constantly gritting it's teeth. What's bugging ya, dude?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Moltrey posted:

My biggest question is why is it so mad. King Crimson is constantly gritting it's teeth. What's bugging ya, dude?

He just doesn't understand how smiling works. :(

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

King Crimson can do The World stuff, but his main schtick is removing the cause from an effect. Or more accurately, the time from which a cause transpired.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
In all seriousness, this is probably the simplest/least dumb King Crimson explanation I've seen.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Torquemadras posted:

What I don't get is how he could kill Narancia.

Flip through it again and keep track of Giorno's body. He vanishes from the scene immediately after the first time skip, so presumably while everyone was freaking out over what was happening King Crimson quietly killed Narancia.

The main thing about King Crimson is not just that it can skip time, but also that it's really fast and strong. Give Diavolo a few seconds and sure it can just grab someone and dunk them on a fence. Throw in a couple more time skips so nobody notices and RIP.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 17, 2014

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Has anyone made a Zybourne Clock joke yet

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

Jotaro's better than jesus, yeah.

But the President stole Jesus.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Soulcleaver posted:

Has anyone made a Zybourne Clock joke yet

Imagine four clackers on the edge of a cliff

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Is the new jojolion coming out this month or is it on hiatus? I can't remember.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

chaos rhames posted:

Is the new jojolion coming out this month or is it on hiatus? I can't remember.

This is hiatus month, sadly.

Hopefully we get two bug fights in the next chapter to make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
That sucks, I wanted to see bugfights.

• Locked thread