Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't just have individually programmable colors, it lets you set on keypress wave, ripple and color shifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

fralbjabar posted:

I bought scary sharp ceramic knives:

Good god do they cut meat well, but hand washing them scares me they're so sharp. I sliced a sponge nearly in half cleaning it after I used the santoku the first time.

Fold the sponge in half around the back (unsharpened) part of the blade when you wash a knife. Thank me when you don't have to replace your sponge (or get stitches) every other day.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
Computer peripheral upgrade day. I tend to use things until they are falling apart, so some of this, the keyboard and speakers, especially, are overdue.

Logitech G700s to replace my current lovely 5 button mouse.

Garbage tier Logitech speakers to replace my garbage tier speakers which do have a short in a wire somewhere which may or may not currently pose a fire hazard. I'm not an audiophile, sue me.

Logitech G105 keyboard so that I can actually have a spacebar that works worth a poo poo.

2.5 female to 3.5 male adapter so I can use my old plantronics headset to talk other goons instead of the crap desktop mic I'm using now.

Betty
Apr 14, 2008
Are Logitech mice still pretty lovely for people with big hands? I remember them not fitting me all that great

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Betty posted:

Are Logitech mice still pretty lovely for people with big hands? I remember them not fitting me all that great

I've got big hands and usually buy logitech mice. I'm using a MS Intellimouse these days though.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Betty posted:

Honestly, I have rather large hands too, but spindly fingers, so regular sized mice tend to work well for me, though they can be a bit hard on my wrist if I don't have a wrist rest. From messing with the G700s in a store before I ordered it online, it seemed like it would be a decent enough fit. YMMV if you have sausage fingers.

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

I've got big hands and usually buy logitech mice. I'm using a MS Intellimouse these days though.

I used a MS Intellimouse for years before I just got tired of using wireless mice. It was a good fit, and did seem a bit bigger than most mice. Thinking of that Intellimouse makes me miss my old turn of the millennium MS trackball.

Almost makes me wish they still made these things (I don't know how I ever played Diablo 2, Unreal Tournament and everything else I used to play back then with a trackball).

Marathanes has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Sep 16, 2014

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Mousechat: I just got this happy little fella, and I love how garish and tacky and surprisingly comfortable it is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KD3NY2A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pictures don't do the color patterns nearly enough justice. :3:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
For keyboards: If you're looking for anything mechanical give a thrift store a look before buying new. You might be able to find one there for a couple bucks and at worst if for some reason you get sick of CLICKCLICKCLICK a lot of old mechanical keyboards flip easily on Ebay for a lot more than what you paid for them.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Robawesome posted:

Corsair K70 RGB to replace a Das Keyboard

per-key customization, pretty sweet

Keep the box - I have a regular K70 that I just sent back for RMA because after 8 months seven of the keys were no longer lit. The good news is that Corsair's RMA process is pretty painless.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

mad.radhu posted:

Keep the box - I have a regular K70 that I just sent back for RMA because after 8 months seven of the keys were no longer lit. The good news is that Corsair's RMA process is pretty painless.

You had to pay for shipping right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Betty posted:

Their latest mice are huge.

mad.radhu posted:

The LEDs in the new K70 are a completely new design.

Only 7 failures in 8 months is low, by the way. The old K70s have terrible LEDs.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Aphrodite posted:

Only 7 failures in 8 months is low, by the way. The old K70s have terrible LEDs.

Holy poo poo, making LEDs so unreliable is actually pretty impressive on its own!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Marathanes posted:

Logitech G700s to replace my current lovely 5 button mouse.

I have the same and the only thing I hate is that the battery lasts around 40 nanoseconds so I just never unplug it :smith:

Betty posted:

I've got long lady-like hands and I've found the most recent ones to be pretty comfortable. My wrist gets a little tired but that's because I keep a dainty pinky up at all times.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Inzombiac posted:

I have the same and the only thing I hate is that the battery lasts around 40 nanoseconds so I just never unplug it :smith:

Yup, that thing eats batteries faster than RC cars. I get maybe 3 hours out of a fully charged lith-ion AA battery.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Marathanes posted:

2.5 female to 3.5 male adapter so I can use my old plantronics headset to talk other goons instead of the crap desktop mic I'm using now.

Can you try this out with a phone when you get it, and if it works tell us where you got it? I have an old phone handset with a 2.5mm jack that I want to be able to use again with a modern cellphone but all the adapters I've tried haven't actually worked.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Etrips posted:

You had to pay for shipping right?

yup

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

This is disturbing news since LEDs should have a lifetime measured in decades.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Heresiarch posted:

Can you try this out with a phone when you get it, and if it works tell us where you got it? I have an old phone handset with a 2.5mm jack that I want to be able to use again with a modern cellphone but all the adapters I've tried haven't actually worked.

Will do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mad.radhu posted:

This is disturbing news since LEDs should have a lifetime measured in decades.

It's actually apparently an issue with the blue LEDs they used. It wasn't restricted to just them.

They stopped making the blue LED model now.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Hopefully it's good??

Favorite book!

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
Good news! My puppies head is okay!

To celebrate I bought a 48 inch Vizio and a TV stand that took three people to assemble. It's amazing how massive it looks in my apartment.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

5.11 Rush 24 to use as my 'chuck everything in - but have it organised for a change' day pack.
This thing has a hilarious amount of molle points on it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Aphrodite posted:

It's actually apparently an issue with the blue LEDs they used. It wasn't restricted to just them.

No wonder they didn't have any in stock when I tried to get a replacement. I originally had brown switches / blue LEDs and had about 10 of them burn out within 6 months. Ended up getting a red /red combo, which while I don't like the LEDs as much, I do enjoy the red switches a whole lot more.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Whoforthenwhat posted:

5.11 Rush 24 to use as my 'chuck everything in - but have it organised for a change' day pack.
This thing has a hilarious amount of molle points on it.

Isn't that 5.11's M.O.?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have some 5.11 pants that actually look like normal pants. It just has the normal pockets and nothing tactical about it except that the material is water resistant.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
In the past few weeks I've purchased assorted parts for my 2002 325i including: fuel pump, fuel filter, power steering fluid reservoir, valve cover gasket, post-cat O2 sensor, and assorted other small parts.

Hooray!

:(

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mu Zeta posted:

I have some 5.11 pants that actually look like normal pants. It just has the normal pockets and nothing tactical about it except that the material is water resistant.

They may get a rep for being super HSLD but I bought four pair of their cargo shorts for work and still use them. Two of them lost a button and one had holes from were a magazine rubbed a spot. Their pants are equally tough but don't breathe so get quite hot.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

tomstuart posted:

In the past few weeks I've purchased assorted parts for my 2002 325i including: fuel pump, fuel filter, power steering fluid reservoir, valve cover gasket, post-cat O2 sensor, and assorted other small parts.

Hooray!

:(

Are german parts as expensive as they say? How much did all that run you?

I can't even afford to replace the clutch on my japanese car, so i'm driving like an old granny until its completely toast.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Originally it was only going to be two of these, but it seems as though I'm in on all four now

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

Aphrodite posted:

This is so disappointing to hear. :( My K70 has had a few LEDs die, but that was the result of an unfortunate beer spill. Now I have a feeling I'll never be able to get any LEDs repaired, even if they are legitimate failures.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Of all the poo poo I wanted to spend money on today, this one was the cheapest.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cause I wanted to learn to write like an adult. Extra fine point cause I like my fountain pens like I like my women, shipped free with several ink cartridges and delivered in the saturday mail.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Cause I wanted to learn to write like an adult. Extra fine point cause I like my fountain pens like I like my women, shipped free with several ink cartridges and delivered in the saturday mail.

I'm really curious to hear where you got the idea that adults use fountain pens. Probably less than .1% of the human population has ever or will ever use a fountain pen in their lives.

no skateboarding EVER!
Apr 21, 2003
Jagermeister & schadenfreude.
It's true. Adults all use fountain pens and ride penny-farthing bicycles and wear Prince-nez glasses.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

You may as well have bought a trilby.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He just wanted a fountain pen so I don't see the big deal. Nobody is making fun of the people buying the expensive pencils.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Mu Zeta posted:

He just wanted a fountain pen so I don't see the big deal. Nobody is making fun of the people buying the expensive pencils.

Oh, they are. Just not so much here.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

A Kpro posted:

Originally it was only going to be two of these, but it seems as though I'm in on all four now

Those look like they'd hurt

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pseudorandom posted:

This is so disappointing to hear. :( My K70 has had a few LEDs die, but that was the result of an unfortunate beer spill. Now I have a feeling I'll never be able to get any LEDs repaired, even if they are legitimate failures.

Apparently they offer you a red/black one, or a refund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently they offer you a red/black one, or a refund.

confirmed - I was also offered a K95.