Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shmee
Jun 24, 2005

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the MGSV stream is showing gameplay for TPP and holy poo poo it looks good.

I've never played any MGS (need to get around to that) but so far it seems in MGSV you can distract the enemy with an inflatable version of yourself, then sneak up behind them, attach a balloon to them and launch them into the air. It's jokier than I was expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shmee posted:

I've never played any MGS (need to get around to that) but so far it seems in MGSV you can distract the enemy with an inflatable version of yourself, then sneak up behind them, attach a balloon to them and launch them into the air. It's jokier than I was expecting.

MGS was always pretty jokey.

That and horribly written, but that's what makes MGS special.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010
Yeah that's pretty par for the course, in a good way.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MGSV has the best looking foliage I have ever seen in a game.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

If I want to start with MGS, what's generally seen as the best one to start with?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

shmee posted:

If I want to start with MGS, what's generally seen as the best one to start with?

No one will ever agree on this question, but if you're interesting in getting ready for MGS5, the only ones you need to play are MGS3 and Peace Walker. If you want to play them all, play in order of release because each one gets a lot of game play refinements, but MGS3 is a prequel that requires no previous knowledge and 5 is a direct follow up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shmee posted:

Play them in order. If you have a gamecube and can play twin snakes instead of 1 do that.

You can also skip MGS:POOPS for psp. 5 is basically the continuation of 3 and Peace Walker.

The order goes 3, Peace Walker, 5, 1, 2, then 4. But just play them the order they came out.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Great cheers for that, I can get them all pretty cheap on PSN it seems so will add them to my backlog of games. This stream is totally selling me on the franchise.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

shmee posted:

Great cheers for that, I can get them all pretty cheap on PSN it seems so will add them to my backlog of games. This stream is totally selling me on the franchise.

If you can play Peace Walker on PS3 or Vita do that. The 2nd stick makes it about a million times better than playing it on a PSP.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Yeah I can do it on either, so will probably do it on PS3. I'll have to play the first one on PSVita though.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

For anyone not watching: Metal Gear Solid Collection 2014 is NOT a new compilation. It's a fashion line. Kojima is the best.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Well anyone thinking that MGS Collection was games?

Yeah no, a clothing fashion. :v:

edit: gently caress beat'd. drat you!

Reive
May 21, 2009

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the MGSV stream is showing gameplay for TPP and holy poo poo it looks good.

Is there an archive of this?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Theres a puzzle at the beginning of Fez annoyed me enough on 360 that I never went back to it and it's doing it all over again.

I'm pretty sure it's this one except there are only 4 cubes in my game making it seemingly impossible to complete. What the heck am I missing here? I've been trying to make the shapes with 4 cubes for 15 minutes and it just does not work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueOnlRxZhmk

Edit: Oh wait he doesn't use the fifth one I think it's a bug. I may just be retarded.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 18, 2014

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Surlaw posted:

For anyone not watching: Metal Gear Solid Collection 2014 is NOT a new compilation. It's a fashion line. Kojima is the best.

Well the joke is on me, I just sold my legacy collection since I don't currently have a PS3 and I assumed they'd soon be putting it out for the PS4. :stonklol:

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The Tomorrow Children looks legit neat.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

It looks like we are getting Bloodborne in February along with Japan (or at least I hope this is what that means).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rU8HfemdFc
Either way, trailer is dope.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Just got done with a quick 3 player game of Fibbage and holy hell this game is pretty great.

It's played exclusively from a smartphone / tablet, you just jump onto the page on your phone browser, type in the room code and your name and you're in. It will be cool as hell to play next time some jerks come over. A nice break from Cars against Humanity, anyways.

The games are pretty quick, maybe 10-15 minutes at a pop.

Oops, sorry, what I meant to say was:

Destiny sucks / is the greatest and is too much like / not enough like Diablo 3.

Blame Pyrrhus fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Sep 18, 2014

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

It looks like we are getting Bloodborne in February along with Japan (or at least I hope this is what that means).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rU8HfemdFc
Either way, trailer is dope.

The PlayStation blog posted that it's out same day as Japan.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Gamersyde has high-bitrate videos from TGS popping up, not all are direct-feed though:

FF Type-0 HD: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_final_fantasy_t0_trailer-15850_en.html
FFXV: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_final_fantasy_xv_trailer-15851_en.html
Bloodborne: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_bloodborne_gameplay-15852_en.html
RE Revelations 2: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_re_revelations_2_gameplay-15853_en.html
The Evil Within: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_the_evil_within_trailer-15846_en.html
AC Unity: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_assassin_s_creed_unity_co_op_trailer-15845_en.html

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So what's with this P.T. stream that Konami is holding? Any new stuff gonna get shown off?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Apparently from one of my IRC friends, it's gonna be a new stage.

I could be wrong, he did say his Japanese was pretty basic.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

My PS4 controller used to work with my PC, now it doesn't. I think it's trying to connect with the PS4 that's on the other side of the house. How do I make it not do that and just connect to the PC when I plug it in?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

the PT movie :stare:

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Welp wasn't going to buy a PS4, then I saw that TGS Bloodborne trailer. :stare:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So do we know what languages Bloodbourne is gonna be released in on February 6th? Any chance of an English language Hong Kong version?

shmee posted:

Others have answered this question well, so I'm just gonna focus on the worst course of action. From personal experience, if you are ever in a position where you end up playing MGS2 first, Do not, under any circumstances, tell the game this honestly when it asks. It takes this as a cue to skip the tanker chapter at the beginning, and you spend the entire game even more clueless as to what is going on.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

FAT SLAMPIG posted:

the PT movie :stare:

The door gimmick was pretty sick

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So from that Silent Hills trailer, does that mean PT really was representative of the final product? I sure hope so because PT was fantastic and terrifying and Silent Hills looks to be more of the same, which is a very good thing.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Fulchrum posted:

So do we know what languages Bloodbourne is gonna be released in on February 6th? Any chance of an English language Hong Kong version?

Others have answered this question well, so I'm just gonna focus on the worst course of action. From personal experience, if you are ever in a position where you end up playing MGS2 first, Do not, under any circumstances, tell the game this honestly when it asks. It takes this as a cue to skip the tanker chapter at the beginning, and you spend the entire game even more clueless as to what is going on.
I think the Feb 6th release is worldwide, but it's probably just the Asian release.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

So from that Silent Hills trailer, does that mean PT really was representative of the final product? I sure hope so because PT was fantastic and terrifying and Silent Hills looks to be more of the same, which is a very good thing.
I'd say no, in the horror department sure, but not the same with the plot and gameplay probably.

neetengie fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 18, 2014

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

neetengie posted:

I'd say no, in the horror department sure, but not the same with the plot and gameplay probably.
I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing then, because I really enjoyed PT.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I don't know whether that's a good or bad thing then, because I really enjoyed PT.
I think if they retain the horror aspect it'll still be fine, but the gameplay part would benefit from change compared to how gameplay was in P.T.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

neetengie posted:

I think if they retain the horror aspect it'll still be fine, but the gameplay part would benefit from change compared to how gameplay was in P.T.

If they released a full $60 title with P.T.'s gameplay complete with asinine-rear end puzzles, I'd buy the poo poo out of it.

I mean, that's not gonna happen, but it would be great.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

AATREK CURES KIDS posted:

My PS4 controller used to work with my PC, now it doesn't. I think it's trying to connect with the PS4 that's on the other side of the house. How do I make it not do that and just connect to the PC when I plug it in?
What drivers are you using?

Pirate Jet posted:

If they released a full $60 title with P.T.'s gameplay complete with asinine-rear end puzzles, I'd buy the poo poo out of it.

The puzzles are fine, the whole walking simulator thing is a bit of a mixed bag.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah, so would I. Easily. :shobon:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

neetengie posted:

walking simulator

Oh wah, it's scary and that's what matters.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope it's in first person, that would an interesting take.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

Fulchrum posted:

That's an interesting design choice. I think I am going to start with 3 because I got the HD set off PSN, and from what Surlaw said, and have 1 on my Vita for next time I go travelling / am stuck in the office on a Sunday with nothing to do.

Shindragon posted:

Did you like the first person bits in SH4?

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Here is the trailer for silent hills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY91vV0rWr4

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shindragon posted:

Yeah, the apartment portion in SH4 was in first person, but how they made ghosts non-killable and always following you drastically reduced my enjoyment for me.

Pirate Jet posted:

Oh wah, it's scary and that's what matters.
What I mean is that if it's just R3 and using the left stick, it'd be lacking. If it was like Amnesia it'd be pretty interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

neetengie posted:

What drivers are you using?

I didn't need to install drivers for it, I just configured the controller in Emuhawk. The problem doesn't seem to be with my drivers, the problem is with the controller unattaching itself from the PC so it can try communicating with the PS4 in the next room. I tried with another controller, this one is working and I'm not sure what's different.

• Locked thread