Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

cowboythreespeech posted:

What's this from?

Shutter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Y0te2NeHI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Now, that is just showing off your ghost powers.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Now, that is just showing off your ghost powers.
That's why her dress isn't currently hanging over her face. Can't be scary if your ghost underpants are showing.

Contribution.
Edit: Oops, scary picture thread, not funny gif thread.

Boy goes into rarely used bedroom in his mother's house, finds giant wasps nest on bed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Say Nothing posted:

That's why her dress isn't currently hanging over her face. Can't be scary if your ghost underpants are showing.

I don't know where you've been buying your ghost underpants but you're clearly doing it wrong.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't know where you've been buying your ghost underpants but you're clearly doing it wrong.

Klaatu barada nik-*SNEEZE*

...crap.

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

Necronomithong?
Necrothongicon?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
"What Man Was Not Meant To Know."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Klaatu... Barada... Knickers.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Klaatu... Barada... Knickers.
Okay I already made that reference but I'll admit yours was much better.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol this is so bad. I didn't know where the gif came from.

Tater Tot 13
Nov 14, 2003

Making the best of a goon situation.

Clearly Necronomacrotch.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

nudecrotchnomithong

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Mean Mr. Meat Curtain

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

cowboythreespeech posted:

What's this from?

The Upside-Down Ghost with Sticky Shoes. It's a low-budget production.

Edit: Oh, new page. Sorry, my unfunny joke is apparently also untimely.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Can't remember if I've seen this here yet. On a slightly lighter note:

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

That's... kind of impressive.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

I saw the remake of this, it wasn't all that bad really. Though I seem to remember the ghost only appearing in photographs - not manifesting like that. The plot twist was actually kind of cool. The guy's girlfriend dies (suicide, I think?) and later weird poo poo starts happening. Typical ghostly poo poo. All the while he is developing this awful back problem that doctors can't diagnose. It gets steadily worse throughout the movie until the reveal at the end: He blames himself for her death and so his girlfriend's death is literally weighing on his shoulders. Her ghost is piggybacking on him all day long. Apparently it's a Thai mythology thing, I dunno.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Kimmalah posted:

Honestly the loving deformed crying fetus thing in the sink bothered me more. But a few of my family members just recently had babies so that's probably why.

I couldn't make it through the video. Before I had my kid that sort of stuff wouldn't have bothered me and more than likely would have struck me as corny and cliched, but fatherhood changes you. The thing in the sink made me sad. The thing in the fridge struck a deep terror in me and now I just can't wait to go home and hug my kid.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

KnifeWrench posted:

Can't remember if I've seen this here yet. On a slightly lighter note:

This creeps me out because her wrists are just going to snap like twigs the first time she lands wrong on those hoof-things.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Chard posted:

This creeps me out because her wrists are just going to snap like twigs the first time she lands wrong on those hoof-things.
So exactly as if she was a horse :v:.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Chard posted:

I think those "hoof things" are her hands in black gloves. Could be wrong though.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think those "hoof things" are her hands in black gloves. Could be wrong though.

No you're right, you can see her hands in black gloves while the text is up. She just doesn't want her hands in that dirt/horseshit.

Also the PT baby and fridge thing unnerved me as a father too. Especially with another on the way.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yep, gloves. Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj_-43KrDVc

Chard posted:

If she was doing it right, it would be her middle fingers.

More interesting than creepy, though.

joat mon has a new favorite as of 23:25 on Sep 12, 2014

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
It looks pretty obviously fake.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Say Nothing posted:

Boy goes into rarely used bedroom in his mother's house, finds giant wasps nest on bed.

I'd love to know more about this, like what about that space attracted the wasps in the first place. Insects finding an unsual space for a comfortable life in human structures fascinates me

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I'd love [...] wasps in [...] an unsual space [...] in human structures [...]

Your wish is granted.

On a child's car seat

in a car

on a wooden statue

jesus christ look at the size of this one

nope

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I want to take a flamethrower to all that. Feels like it'd be so satisfying.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Segmentation Fault posted:

I want to take a flamethrower to all that. Feels like it'd be so satisfying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_Bo2ro60ro :haw:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Wasp nests are beautiful :stare: Too bad they are full of wasps.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Chard posted:

Beauty and horror in equal measure.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Chard posted:

Also, (at least when they are abandoned) they smell really bad.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

So, this showed up on my Tumblr dashboard...

The caption was Testament of Orpheus/ Le testament d’Orphée (Jean Cocteau, 1960)

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbI698Gk1o

It ends at pretty much the best possible moment.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Chard posted:

I just laughed when I saw that, it wasn't spooky in Eraserhead and it's less spooky in videogames.
Counterpoint: Eraserhead rules, everyone who hasn't seen Eraserhead should get on that poo poo. It's a movie whose whole aim is to be uncomfortable to watch and the final scene especially cutting the swaddling freaked me out possibly more than anything else I've seen in a movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXec7zBaPxA

LazyMaybe has a new favorite as of 08:26 on Sep 18, 2014

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

My Little Eye. Honestly, the scene wasn't even scary, but the shot was:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The wasp choppah!

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

I saw the remake of this, it wasn't all that bad really. Though I seem to remember the ghost only appearing in photographs - not manifesting like that. The plot twist was actually kind of cool. The guy's girlfriend dies (suicide, I think?) and later weird poo poo starts happening. Typical ghostly poo poo. All the while he is developing this awful back problem that doctors can't diagnose. It gets steadily worse throughout the movie until the reveal at the end: He blames himself for her death and so his girlfriend's death is literally weighing on his shoulders. Her ghost is piggybacking on him all day long. Apparently it's a Thai mythology thing, I dunno.

While I can't speak for the remake, the original was much nastier.

Dude takes pictures of a girl who had a crush on him getting gang-raped, she commits suicide and comes back to haunt him. The weight on the back thing happened too; it was preceded with a scene of him getting weighed at the doctors office and, much to the nurses consternation, weighing about twice as much as he should have.

Bomrek has a new favorite as of 09:46 on Sep 18, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Being born with scoliosis and three extra vertebrae can be a literal pain in the neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

p-hop posted:

Your wish is granted.

On a child's car seat

in a car

on a wooden statue

jesus christ look at the size of this one

nope

Yay, thank you Jambi!

Say Nothing posted:

Being born with scoliosis and three extra vertebrae can be a literal pain in the neck.

I'm glad to read a charity is funding surgery so he can walk without pain and possibly even remove bones so people don't stare at him like assholes.

• Locked thread