Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac EVERYONE HATES ERNESTO

Poptropica has some wacky schemes

Heathcliff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Buh... Wha? I don't understand :psyduck:

I am increasingly convinced that Boyce is actually Azathoth. It's the only context Computer-Toon makes sense in.

Boyce seems to have illucidity "cycles". Like sunspots. We may be nearing a peak here, and then it should wane back towards being understandable, and somewhat funny. Also, just throwing this out there, do you think Boyce was maybe bullied at some point in his life?

Pentaro posted:

What kind of name is PJ?

My kid has an old school friend who goes by PJ. It simply stands for Phil junior.

Jane's World

The artwork's a little weird/off in this one, Paige.

Non Sequitur

Got something against golf, Wiley?

Heavenly Nostrils

What? You're channeling Boyce, Dana.

Kliban's Cats

Weird. What is he doing to the cat's face? And, I would totally love to have a cat that had a tabby head, and a pure white body.

9 Chickweed Lane 9/18/2003

Good. The mirror's broken now, Brooke, move on to something else.

Zits

Yeah, I'd be kind of :stonklol: too.

Kevin & Kell

Whatever.

I really like the way Lise handled the expressions in this one. Nemi's :wtf: look in the first panel, and Cyan's in the second. Funny.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pentaro posted:

What kind of name is PJ?

a short form of "Peter John" or "Percival Juanez" or something

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Buh... Wha? I don't understand :psyduck:

I am increasingly convinced that Boyce is actually Azathoth. It's the only context Computer-Toon makes sense in.
Maybe the google "specs" could take video of the bullies? I guess? I'm not sure Boyce would understand what google glass is well enough to reference it though.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

"Solid liquid diamonds."

... OK, I laughed.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I don't think he's actually being bullied, I think the big geeky kid is just trying to help out his little potato-headed homie by popping his melon back into a semblance of spherical.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Something tells me that clearly labeled "eye roll" will be showing up a lot in this thread.

The Dinette Set is the gift that keeps on giving.

Working Daze is still doing this pickleball thing like anyone cares.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

What? You're channeling Boyce, Dana.
No she isn't. When Phoebe says "it's a joke" she means "I was trying to tell a joke" but Marigold thinks Phoebe is just responding to what she just said, and so Marigold's final line is incongruous, but makes sense once you re-evaluate the conversation in light of it. Which is funny.

Beetle Bailey

Reply All

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Heavenly Nostrils

I've seen chickens fly :colbert:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Pentaro posted:

What kind of name is PJ?

Ladies Love Pool James.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Indolent Bastard posted:

Monty

Mike du Jour

Mike is an R-word.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
While I knew this was coming, I still want to say "gently caress you, Mike Lester."

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
A reminder for all of you who decide to save your sanity by not reading the political cartoon thread but Mike Lester beats his wife.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (June 30, 1927)

Peanuts (September 21, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Today's running-late bonus: Dan Thompson has four comic strip features under the GoComics umbrella. Rip Haywire is one of them. Brevity is another.

Throwing it open to the gallery. Is further investigation required?

Out Our Way (September 9-10, 1925)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A million miles away is still an awfully long distance to get rid of a mouse.
As a conservative, you've got to stand up for the really important things in life, like the racist name of a football team and fast food chicken restaurants that hate gays.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

EasyEW posted:

Today's running-late bonus: Dan Thompson has four comic strip features under the GoComics umbrella. Rip Haywire is one of them. Brevity is another.

Throwing it open to the gallery. Is further investigation required?
No, please, no.

Bloom County

Calvin And Hobbes

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Mary's about to gently caress someone's poo poo up.

No wonder Mary is so riled up; she was on her way to buy ingredients to make some stew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiZBeWGEgQ

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Ok. Brad, with the career he loves, the fiance, and the loving family, has nothing. TJ, with no family, no career, no permanant stable home, and an exploded food truck, has everything. Got it.

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Doc Ock would never expect a visitor twenty stories up! After all, he has no experience with people who are known for their climbing abilities!

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Holy crap it's...I don't know who that is!

Mary 'bout ready to take a motherfucker down

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mike du Jour[/b]

Please sign my petition to change the Redskin's name to the "gently caress You Mike du Jour"s

sweetguts fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Sep 18, 2014

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Indolent Bastard posted:

Mike du Jour[/b]

FUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOOOOOUUU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

Ok. Brad, with the career he loves, the fiance, and the loving family, has nothing. TJ, with no family, no career, no permanant stable home, and an exploded food truck, has everything. Got it.

Well, TJ did get away with insurance fraud and make tens of thousands of dollars off of it, after getting bored with having to do the job he wanted. Also, he's a huge dick and possibly the most insufferable character in a comic consisting of almost nothing but insufferable characters.

Not saying that Brad's right, mind. Just that you shouldn't sympathize with TJ, like, at all.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hey, guys, I'm going to be out of town for a few days. Anybody who wants to post any of my usual lineup while I'm gone, have at it. Otherwise, when I get back I'm just going to recap ones that I personally found interesting.

Roland Jones posted:

Well, TJ did get away with insurance fraud and make tens of thousands of dollars off of it, after getting bored with having to do the job he wanted. Also, he's a huge dick and possibly the most insufferable character in a comic consisting of almost nothing but insufferable characters.

Not saying that Brad's right, mind. Just that you shouldn't sympathize with TJ, like, at all.

I think my general philosophy when it comes to Luann, is not to sympathize with anybody. Except the "bully" characters, sometimes. Granted, my previous statement did sound suspiciously like I sympathize with TJ. (I don't.)

Juliet Jones

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Don't run. It'll make you look like prey.

Big Ben Bolt

Les Pent? Just now got that. :downs:

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 18, 2014

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze is still doing this pickleball thing like anyone cares.

And loving it up pretty badly even. Pickleball nets touch the ground, that's the whole point. Theirs is set up for volleyball or something.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Trent posted:

And loving it up pretty badly even. Pickleball nets touch the ground, that's the whole point. Theirs is set up for volleyball or something.

Funny you should say that...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:what: :effort:

Seriously, a GIS for pickleball makes it drat obvious. Also, the third result is naked old men playing, so there's that too.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Holy crap it's...I don't know who that is!

Olive has come back from the future with an important gut related message.

grading essays nude posted:

FUUUUUCCCKKKK YOOOOOOUUU

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

sweetguts posted:

Please sign my petition to change the Redskin's name to the "gently caress You Mike du Jour"s

I would

I'd also like to remind people that Mike du Jour is the strip that replaced Cul de Sac in some places.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Raskolnikov38 posted:

A reminder for all of you who decide to save your sanity by not reading the political cartoon thread but Mike Lester beats his wife.

And if you're not up on your American sports news, what's truly great about this week's theme is it's running while the NFL has had multiple players facing heavy duty family + child abuse charges, including beatings caught on video.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

They are definitely going to adopt Shannon.

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G
How does she owe anything to Jack? He hasn't even been there!

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo, in which the cowbirds are waiting for a letter from home...if they can negotiate suitable terms. (September 18-19, 1956)

Peanuts: Year One (May 24-26, 1951, although the 25th didn't want to play nicely)

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Pickles: bingo bingo bingo!

Bleeker: Uh-oh. Personality change imminent...

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.
Sony Pictures just released an animation test of the Popeye movie coming out in 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvBU-Wsp7Mc (jump to about 2:00 for the actual footage.)

I think it looks pretty nice, but Tom Kenny as Popeye doesn't really work for me. Still, considering that this is still quite a ways away, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out quite differently.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Sergio Aragones

The Lighter Side of...

Tales from the Duck Side

BONUS: Patty Cake
I want to prove that Scott Roberts is actually good at drawing, especially with facial expressions. So here's a "Patty Cake" story he did for the comic book. From "Patty Cake & Friends" #4, February 1998.

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Mister Beeg posted:

BONUS: Patty Cake
I want to prove that Scott Roberts is actually good at drawing, especially with facial expressions. So here's a "Patty Cake" story he did for the comic book. From "Patty Cake & Friends" #4, February 1998.

I love Patty Cake! Who's saying Scott Roberts can't draw? I'LL FUKKIN' KILL 'EM!!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

I like to think they just left their cars in the middle of the parking lot when they moved to have this chat on the conveniently nearby bench.

Rex Morgan MD

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gann Jerrod posted:

I think it looks pretty nice, but Tom Kenny as Popeye doesn't really work for me. Still, considering that this is still quite a ways away, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out quite differently.
There's only one Popeye worth considering but he's now unavailable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Beeg posted:

The Lighter Side of...

• Locked thread