Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think the UK is probably more concerned with losing a fourth of it's union at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I hope Kaepernicks homophobic slurs don't get swept under the rug.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Volkerball posted:

The gently caress you mean "resort to"

where else will we find pics of high torque circular saws to jerk it to. a man has needs

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
Bengals are NUMBER ONE

on SI power rankings, woo!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

We're getting Lardarius Webb back to compensate for the loss of Jernigan, and the Browns are not particularly impressive

Are we particularly impressive? The Browns shut down the Saints for much of the game and were able to win. They aren't a trash team that we should just be expected to beat and they don't even have Gordon.

I don't think we have much of a chance Webb or no. It won't compensate for losses up front. We will need to put up offense on the road and I am still skeptical of our ability to do so.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat

pigdog posted:

Bengals are NUMBER ONE

Chiefs really should be 31 or 32.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

pigdog posted:

Bengals are NUMBER ONE

I like the bengals and hope they do well but I wouldn't get too excited until at least one playoff win.

The bucs are right where they belong though, knocking on the cellar door. I can't wait for us to get carved up by PTA dad tonight.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So has anyone discussed how Wes Welker is going to die on Sunday? Seriously, his gooish brain is going to be smashed by Earl Thomas as he catches a ball going down the middle.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Seriously, his gooish brain is going to be smashed by Earl Thomas as he catches a ball going down the middle.

Nothing Mollys can't fix I'm sure.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So has anyone discussed how Wes Welker is going to die on Sunday? Seriously, his gooish brain is going to be smashed by Earl Thomas as he catches a ball going down the middle.

This seems like something that happens to at least one of Peyton's receivers in every squad. It's a little gross to watch.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dvlos posted:

Nothing Mollys can't fix I'm sure.

What is a Molly? I don't know a Molly? I wouldn't even know a Molly if she was right next to me? I would never be with a Molly.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Wes Welker is definitely going to have Alzheimers at like 42.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I hope Djax has like 3 tds against the Eagles. I love Djax.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Eagles Redskins is going to be a magnificent shitshow

God I can't wait

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11544403/seattle-seahawks-cornerback-richard-sherman-criticizes-san-diego-chargers-players-called-out

Richard Sherman, everyone

quote:

"You know, when a guy wants his name in the paper, he's gotta say something crazy," Sherman said about Allen on Wednesday. "It's humorous. I guess he wants something to tell his grandkids: 'Remember the day I caught a couple of balls on Richard Sherman? No touchdowns, but I caught a few.'"

:ironicat:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That's pretty funny actually.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

NC-17 posted:

I guess it depends on how self aware he was with that quote as to whether i'm laughing at him or with him.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Sherman continuing to own

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Still got the W, Richard Sherman.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

NC-17 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlhOUyy4wbs

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Tom Brady was probably going to end up being rich as gently caress with or without football, that just looks like the resume of a future stock market guy.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I guess this is a thing now

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_Experimental_Football_League

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

So it's the AFC:E and... Omaha? :crossarms:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dexo posted:

Tom Brady was probably going to end up being rich as gently caress with or without football, that just looks like the resume of a future stock market guy.

yeah people are tripping over themselves to hire general studies majors with lots of lawn mowing experience

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

MourningView posted:

yeah people are tripping over themselves to hire general studies majors with lots of lawn mowing experience

But he supervised on-site staff constructing MAJOR commercial and industrial facilities.

For a few months.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Yeah, without the NFL he likely would have been alright.

Without football entirely he'd be a claims adjustor in Kalamazoo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MourningView posted:

Man, you live in southern california now. You should know that people who go into golf course maintenance make loving bank

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, without the NFL he likely would have been alright.

Without football entirely he'd be a claims adjustor in Kalamazoo.

Oh come on his Michigan QB background would be more than enough to be lead salesman at any car dealership in the state of his choosing. But "general studies with a focus on..." is about the biggest copout degree of all time, even for an athlete.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Brady thought he was going to sell insurance if he wasn't drafted.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Only one thing is certain: if Brady hadn't made it in the NFL he'd be the master of cuckoldry

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Snowman Crossing posted:

Only one thing is certain: if Brady hadn't made it in the NFL he'd be the master of cuckoldry

SA is OBSESSED with cucking :psyduck:

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

MourningView posted:

But Michigan is the Harvard of the Midwest

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

A Pale Horse posted:

I like the bengals and hope they do well but I wouldn't get too excited until at least one playoff win.

Yeah man for sure I'll stop posting about my awesome team that so far looks like at the very least the best team in the AFC until loving January

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Yeah man for sure I'll stop posting about my awesome team that so far looks like at the very least the best team in the AFC until loving January

My team just obliterated the team that most people consider the best team in the NFL, we're obviously the best team in the AFC. Sorry.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
They're about to lose to the Bills tho

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

then you're about to be the best team in the afc.

not yet!

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Someone made a really good post in r/nfl as to why the Raiders drafted Janikowski in the 1st round - not that it was a GOOD reason, mind you, but sorta gives good insight. Always wondered that:

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/2gpiv6/why_the_raiders_drafted_a_kicker_in_the_1st_round/

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, another player is trying that weird stock thing that feels so much like a scam:

Andrew Brandt posted:

Another athlete will have his "stock" for sale. Fantex will acquire 13% of the "brand income" of WR Alshon Jeffery for $7.94M.

At least this one looks like it makes more sense then Arian Foster's.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Except getting 13% for $7.94M insinuates he has a valuation of just over $61M.

I guess he could get a decent contract for about that amount in a couple years, but not on the Bears, and I can't see you getting a decent return on investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That strikes me as an atrocious investment. He's going to see maybe 40 million of a 70 million dollar contract. Do they think he's the next Calvin Johnson?

• Locked thread