Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sulecrist posted:

BuffaloChicken gave me some sweet heads for my Scouts. I plan to add OSL to the sergeant's combi-plas. I also still need to dirty them up and base them, and I could use some input on how filthy to make them. But I'm very happy with how they came out. (My camera definitely didn't capture what I like about their faces.)

Marcus

Cole

Baird

Dom

Carmine ?

Yes! Yes! Yes! This is a victory for the hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
With a bright green and purple colour scheme, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not naming your chapter the Space Hulks.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
That's some incredible color modulation. How do you do it?

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Sulecrist, those are loving awesome, and not just because purple Marine buddies!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

WAR FOOT posted:

With a bright green and purple colour scheme, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not naming your chapter the Space Hulks.

Aristocrat
Dec 24, 2005

NTRabbit posted:

The problem with that is, there's a lot of aspect warrior sprues they'd need to machine with zero ability to dual or triple kit them, unless they did a total redesign and made a lot of them look a lot like each other.

They did this with Dark Elf Executioners and Black Guard so it's not like it's something they wouldn't do. I'm still pretty miffed about that too since the old Executioners were my favourite looking Dark Elf unit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Aristocrat posted:

They did this with Dark Elf Executioners and Black Guard so it's not like it's something they wouldn't do. I'm still pretty miffed about that too since the old Executioners were my favourite looking Dark Elf unit.

Spoken like someone who never spent more time pinning/replacing their stupid loving swordblades than using the drat things.

I did keep the Draich-Master as a Noble, though.

Aristocrat
Dec 24, 2005

WAR FOOT posted:

Spoken like someone who never spent more time pinning/replacing their stupid loving swordblades than using the drat things.

I did keep the Draich-Master as a Noble, though.

Oh believe me, I pinned my fair share of metal draiches. I used a power drill too. Would have been nice at the time if I'd known what a pin vice was.

I'm sure the finecast ones were easier to work with though.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WAR FOOT posted:

haha yesssss. So good.

So I've been dicking around with my Adeptus Mechanicus Tau again and I realize I need something to stand in for my infantry and hover tanks I the stormtalon walkers as riptides, sentinels as broadsides and I was going to use catachans as kroot. My buff commander is a master of marches with a jump pack but I'm not sure what I want to do for firewarriors, pathfinders, crisis suits, or some of the hover tanks if I use them (like a skyray or a devilfish). I'm considering using the scions as firewarriors (even if that might get expensive), cadians for pathfinders, but the suits and tanks I'm really lost on.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Naramyth posted:

I'm considering using the scions as firewarriors (even if that might get expensive), cadians for pathfinders, but the suits and tanks I'm really lost on.

One suggestion for Firewarriors could be just using Cadians but do a head and weaponswap on them instead.
Since as you said, using Scion will get really expensive fast.

One suggestion of heads to use would maybe be the newer System Scavenger heads from Pig Iron which I think could work well with the AdMech theme.
Another favourite is these heads that could work well with Cadians I think.

Been thinking of buying some Pig Iron heads myself to use for the rest of the Guardsmen I've got left to build. Considering either the Gasmasked Ballistic Helmeted ones or the Near Future Ballistic Helmeted ones for mine.

Also I had a similar idea of that a while ago after listening to the recent IC episode about Tau but in this case use Anvil Industry models instead. Even if my idea didn't stretch any further than a pair of suits and some firewarriors.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 18, 2014

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Aristocrat posted:

Oh believe me, I pinned my fair share of metal draiches. I used a power drill too. Would have been nice at the time if I'd known what a pin vice was.

I'm sure the finecast ones were easier to work with though.

I don't think they ever got Finecast, but they'd be far, far worse. The thin, fragile swords would look more like spaghetti-blades.

I've given up on my Eldar Rangers - Merely being transported in my GW Figure Case means that their rifles end up looking like the letter 'C'.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

AbusePuppy posted:

From a purely casual standpoint some of the armies might be passable in functionality, but they are grossly lacking in unique abilities and army builds, customizability, and other factors that I think are signs of good game design.

I completely disagree. So grey hunters went from being absolute best troop to merely a really good troop, and blood claws got better. They got new unique fliers and guns. And the book has tons of potential builds, including the neat force org that adds more HQ slots and lets you get outflankers. Orks have poo poo tons of options and potential builds. Trading obsec for impact hits is probably not the wisest decision, but we're talking Orks and it is orky. The GK are short on options, sure, but not as bad as you say. Incinerators and psilencers are way better than you are giving them credit for. And every squad has something to set it apart aside from number of special weapons, ranging from purgation squads getting night fighting to interceptors being jump infantry to purifiers being ML2, fearless, and having soul blaze and an improved profile. Their unique force org is great: start deep striking on turn 1 and get to run and shoot the turn you arrive! On top of that, they toned down Drago's fluff.

I mean really, it's absurd to say they are lacking in unique army builds when each book provides you with a literally unique force org chart to use.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

One suggestion for Firewarriors could be just using Cadians but do a head and weaponswap on them instead.
Since as you said, using Scion will get really expensive fast.

One suggestion of heads to use would maybe be the newer System Scavenger heads from Pig Iron which I think could work well with the AdMech theme.
Another favourite is these heads that could work well with Cadians I think.

Been thinking of buying some Pig Iron heads myself to use for the rest of the Guardsmen I've got left to build. Considering either the Gasmasked Ballistic Helmeted ones or the Near Future Ballistic Helmeted ones for mine.

Also I had a similar idea of that a while ago after listening to the recent IC episode about Tau but in this case use Anvil Industry models instead. Even if my idea didn't stretch any further than a pair of suits and some firewarriors.

What was your idea for suits?

PeterWeller posted:

I mean really, it's absurd to say they are lacking in unique army builds when each book provides you with a literally unique force org chart to use.

Every new book is going to have a unique force org. What will happen is the book will go mono build with the exception of dipping for some silly ally combo (like Draigo with grav centurions, for example).

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 18, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I'm bad at double posting.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Naramyth posted:

These guys in this case. Or possibly these.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Cooked Auto posted:

Second link would make REALLY cool Imperium battlesuits IMO.

Keep in mind those kits are quite a lot smaller than crisis suits, wouldnt bother me but just in case you're anal.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Naramyth posted:

Every new book is going to have a unique force org. What will happen is the book will go mono build with the exception of dipping for some silly ally combo (like Draigo with grav centurions, for example).

Are you saying the unique force orgs will lead to mono-builds? Why? Not everyone is going to want to trade away obsec, and they aren't set formations.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Naramyth posted:

Suits are almost dread sized:

So maybe...

The big guy on the left? They sell them in 3-packs and 9-packs on forgeworld and I'm sure you can find deals on ebay or whatever if that is your thing.
Might need a bit of cork to get just the right height, or a simple flight stand/pin.

They have what looks to be jet packs, are mechanicus as gently caress and you can slap any weapon on it and claim whatever profile you want, just like the Nid players. Who can argue really, as long as there is some kind of order to the madness.

They might have a totally different profile in 30k, so that could be confusing to those 30k players out there.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Cooked Auto posted:

:aaaaa: The second link is freaking perfect. Put them on some rubble to make them a bit taller and bam.

Hey, I can use the gun tractors as drones if I want to do that too.

PeterWeller posted:

Are you saying the unique force orgs will lead to mono-builds? Why? Not everyone is going to want to trade away obsec, and they aren't set formations.

I'm saying a unique force org isn't going to produce variety within the codex. If you see GK on the table, you can assume they will probably use the unique force org because that is the only thing that the GK book really brings to the game. You are correct some people won't trade away obsec, but if you are doing an obsec army you aren't going to use GK for it.

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Suits are almost dread sized:

So maybe...

The big guy on the left? They sell them in 3-packs and 9-packs on forgeworld and I'm sure you can find deals on ebay or whatever if that is your thing.
Might need a bit of cork to get just the right height, or a simple flight stand/pin.

They have what looks to be jet packs, are mechanicus as gently caress and you can slap any weapon on it and claim whatever profile you want, just like the Nid players. Who can argue really, as long as there is some kind of order to the madness.

They might have a totally different profile in 30k, so that could be confusing to those 30k players out there.

WOM, man myth legend. :frogc00l: I like that forgeworld thing, it stays in the 40k aesthetic, does the jump pack/use any gun I want thing.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 18, 2014

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

cant post wont post

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Okay, it's been a few editions since I last played 40k, and after having taken a quick look through GW's site I just have to wonder: does GW still have a separate catalog for stuff that isn't in regular production or normally stocked, or is this all they've got? Because I could've sworn they used to have more Inquisitors than they're showing on the site.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Naramyth posted:

:aaaaa: The second link is freaking perfect. Put them on some rubble to make them a bit taller and bam.

Hey, I can use the gun tractors as drones if I want to do that too.

You're welcome. I'm still thinking of buying a squad of Grenadiers as Veterans. Well mostly because they look really cool.

The tractors also work really really well as IG Heavy weapon platforms as well.

Oh wait, I forgot they had these guys as well available.
And they also have some other drones too.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

Naramyth posted:

I'm saying a unique force org isn't going to produce variety within the codex. If you see GK on the table, you can assume they will probably use the unique force org because that is the only thing that the GK book really brings to the game. You are correct some people won't trade away obsec, but if you are doing an obsec army you aren't going to use GK for it.

I don't think this is the case. First off, GK bring a lot more to the game than first turn deep strikes. They spam wizard spells and take big dumps on hordes and MCs. Second, there are further reasons to take a standard force org: getting more FA and HS, (re)rolling on the standard warlord trait tables. And if I have a GK army and want to take advantage of obsec, why won't I use my GK?

Furthermore, even if you are correct, it's only in regards to GK who have a pretty narrow focus. Orks and Wolves have a lot more to consider when making the decision.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PeterWeller posted:

I completely disagree. So grey hunters went from being absolute best troop to merely a really good troop, and blood claws got better. They got new unique fliers and guns. And the book has tons of potential builds, including the neat force org that adds more HQ slots and lets you get outflankers. Orks have poo poo tons of options and potential builds. Trading obsec for impact hits is probably not the wisest decision, but we're talking Orks and it is orky. The GK are short on options, sure, but not as bad as you say. Incinerators and psilencers are way better than you are giving them credit for. And every squad has something to set it apart aside from number of special weapons, ranging from purgation squads getting night fighting to interceptors being jump infantry to purifiers being ML2, fearless, and having soul blaze and an improved profile. Their unique force org is great: start deep striking on turn 1 and get to run and shoot the turn you arrive! On top of that, they toned down Drago's fluff.

Grey Hunters aren't "a really good troop" anymore; in fact, I think you can make a pretty good argument that they are barely even a passable troop anymore. Flexibility was their big schtick before; with the higher price tag, lack of options (Banner/MotW) and worse support, I'm not sure there is really a good use for them now. The unique flyers are pretty well-done; unlike a lot of the other flyers that get put out, they are neither total garbage nor absurdly unkillable. I feel like the Stormwolf is slightly above the "right" power curve, but not by enough to really be problematic.

The problem is that you're mistaking units for builds and printed options for viable options. SW got a handful of new units and options, but none of those units (or options) really create radically new builds that can hold par with existing armies. As I said, if you're playing on a purely casual level that may be fine- but for players who attend tournaments or player more competition-intensive games, it means that the codex is rather on the flat side. The unique detachment from the supplement has a few tricks in it (all-Dread army, all-mounted army, etc) but isn't really viable as a contender for winning games against tough opponents.

The Ork unique detachments are terrible. Giving up Objective Secured for the possibility of maybe sometimes getting impact hits at S3 is an atrocious deal.

As far as GK options go, they basically don't have any. Psilencers are better but still not good- the only models Force will be relevant against are things that S4 AP- simply has no realistic chance of hurting, and in order to even try and get it to work you have to spend a significant chunk of your very finite supply of Warp Charge activating it for every unit that carries a Psilencer. (You'll need 2-3 dice to get a good chance of it going off, but each unit only generates one die.) The Incinerator inexplicably got more expensive on many units and is still pretty much just a Heavy Flamer at the end of the day- that's fine for Interceptors, who are gonna be getting in close, but no other power armor GK unit will want it (most of them can't teleport) and Terminators will want the Psycannon for the same reason they always have- it's more versatile and more effective. The melee weapon upgrades still aren't worth taking most of the time, even with the price drops. And if you think Night Vision "sets apart" Purgators, you're kidding yourself- you'll be lucky if it ever even matters.

Naramyth posted:

Exactly this. GK has no realistic choice but to use their Nemesis detachment, because it's all they have going for them; a GK army using the Combined Arms detachment is just crippling itself for no reason, as they can't really field enough bodies to make Objective Secured meaningful. Contrawise, Orks and SW have essentially no reason at all to use their unique detachments; they're inevitably better off just running a CAD. The existence of an option, by itself, does not automatically make the option viable or useful.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
So thanks whoever talked to me about bikes earlier, I have a Dark Angels Battleforce in the mail and decided to go with White Scars chapter tactics. Got the new codex, borrowed the new rulebook and have been familiarizing myself for some upcoming 750pts games against Tau. Tau, huh? Looks like I'm going to have a lot of dead bikes on my hands. I've been planning to run the following list for starters and see what happens, rip apart at your leisure.

HQ

- Captain, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Artificer Armor, Bike; 145pts

Troops

- Tactical Squad(5), meltagun; 179pts
- Sergeant, meltabomb
- Razorback, Extra Armor, Twin-linked Lascannon

- Bike Squad (4), Gravgun (2); 190pts
- Biker Sergeant
- Attack Bike, Multi-melta

Fast Attack

- Landspeeder, Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher; 75pts

Elite

- Venerable Dreadnaught, Powerfist, Twin-linked Lascannon; 160pts

= 749pts

I'm mainly limited by what models I have as we don't proxy here, the only things I have for spare are some 20 tac marines and another dread. That said I'm still really iffy about a lot of things in this list. I expect my opponent to be fielding one or two of Hammerhead, Broadsides or Riptide, so I want to be able to throw some high strength high AP pressure downrange as I desperately try to get my troops across the board alive. To this end I've grabbed a couple lascannons to go with the speeder's TML, but it's all pricey pricey pricey. I might take the extra armor off the razorback to get the dread a missile launcher, as I doubt he'll ever get to powerfist anything without a drop pod. I originally wanted to run the attack bike solo, but felt like it wouldn't pose enough of an individual threat and it'd probably just get ignored until the biker squad got murdered, so I put it in the squad to provide extra wounds in a pinch.

In the future I'm planning to buy plenty more bikes to get some redundancy going, the dread is going to sit out in favor of more landspeeders and attack bikes and I doubt the razorback squad will stick around.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

AbusePuppy posted:

The problem is that you're mistaking units for builds and printed options for viable options.

No. The problem is that you and I disagree about how viable those options are. I think you're selling a lot of those choices short.

Anyway, I don't want to go back and forth over it. Let's just agree to disagree. :)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hra Mormo posted:

So thanks whoever talked to me about bikes earlier, I have a Dark Angels Battleforce in the mail and decided to go with White Scars chapter tactics. Got the new codex, borrowed the new rulebook and have been familiarizing myself for some upcoming 750pts games against Tau. Tau, huh? Looks like I'm going to have a lot of dead bikes on my hands. I've been planning to run the following list for starters and see what happens, rip apart at your leisure.

HQ

- Captain, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Artificer Armor, Bike; 145pts

Troops

- Tactical Squad(5), meltagun; 179pts
- Sergeant, meltabomb
- Razorback, Extra Armor, Twin-linked Lascannon

- Bike Squad (4), Gravgun (2); 190pts
- Biker Sergeant
- Attack Bike, Multi-melta

Fast Attack

- Landspeeder, Heavy Bolter, Typhoon Missile Launcher; 75pts

Elite

- Venerable Dreadnaught, Powerfist, Twin-linked Lascannon; 160pts

= 749pts

I'm mainly limited by what models I have as we don't proxy here, the only things I have for spare are some 20 tac marines and another dread. That said I'm still really iffy about a lot of things in this list. I expect my opponent to be fielding one or two of Hammerhead, Broadsides or Riptide, so I want to be able to throw some high strength high AP pressure downrange as I desperately try to get my troops across the board alive. To this end I've grabbed a couple lascannons to go with the speeder's TML, but it's all pricey pricey pricey. I might take the extra armor off the razorback to get the dread a missile launcher, as I doubt he'll ever get to powerfist anything without a drop pod. I originally wanted to run the attack bike solo, but felt like it wouldn't pose enough of an individual threat and it'd probably just get ignored until the biker squad got murdered, so I put it in the squad to provide extra wounds in a pinch.

In the future I'm planning to buy plenty more bikes to get some redundancy going, the dread is going to sit out in favor of more landspeeders and attack bikes and I doubt the razorback squad will stick around.

The nice thing about speeders is that you can have a fast platform with double heavy bolters for only 60 points. That's the only way I've ever run them, since it starts feeling expensive for such a fragile platform past that. The DA attack bike can be hit-or-miss; either someone ignores it because it's a single model, or they home in on it to get first blood.

Megaspam
Mar 1, 2007

In this ever changing world in which we live in.

Icon Of Sin posted:

The DA attack bike can be hit-or-miss; either someone ignores it because it's a single model, or they home in on it to get first blood.
If the attack bike is fielded using the SM codex, it is part of the bike squad and not a separate unit, so you don't have to worry about it being targeted down.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Hra Mormo posted:

So thanks whoever talked to me about bikes earlier, I have a Dark Angels Battleforce in the mail and decided to go with White Scars chapter tactics. Got the new codex, borrowed the new rulebook and have been familiarizing myself for some upcoming 750pts games against Tau.

So you want to be a bike marine player... If you're playing with Dark Angels, you do have the option of using Ravenwing as your bikers of choice. Sammael is an expensive HQ at 200 pts, but he would confer hit&run and skilled rider to the unit as well as having eternal warrior and an ap2 master-crafted power sword. That said, you get bikers as troops and you can take a mortis pattern dreadnaught for 125 points with two twin-linked autocannons, or las for 155 that gets interceptor/skyfire if it's stood still for a turn (in case he deep strikes or brings a tau flyer). You can also consider landspeeder typhoon squadrons that can lay down delicious frag templates all over your opponent's gunlines, or krak shots to punch S8 AP3 holes in riptides.

If you take troops other than bikers, I'd generally recommend bringing scouts and just having them sit on objectives for you, because a 5 man tac squad will die to a tau shooting line the second they're visible.

If your friend brings a riptide to a 750 point game he's being kind of a dick. It would be not unlike bringing an objective secured landraider from your side.

If you go white scars, definitely go with two bike squads of troops. I'd potentially reconsider an attack bike option, they're generally don't make their points back.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
This makes me happy as heck. I'm adding you to my "always donate bitz to these people for free" list because you're awesome. The yellow bandanas are the icing on the cake. My one piece of critique is to keep the bandana color consistent throughout the squad - either have them all green, or all yellow (I think you know which I'll vote for!).

I'm still shocked at how good you made that kind of crazy scheme look. Awesome job.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Does anybody want a Dark Vengeance set? My friend gave me his, there's no box and all the models are assembled but it has everything, including the templates and manuals.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

boom boom boom posted:

Does anybody want a Dark Vengeance set? My friend gave me his, there's no box and all the models are assembled but it has everything, including the templates and manuals.

I already said yes in the other thread. Monkeypuncher00 at gmail dot com and we can arrange things.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Sep 19, 2014

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/M/Magaera.pdf
So Ionic Flare Shield is kinda neat. A little surprised that its just a regular lightning cannon though.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Everybody, thank you for the kind words on my Gears scouts. I really owe BuffaloChicken a lot on this one, both in terms of parts and inspiration, and I'm definitely going to take his great advice on consistent yellow bandannas.

Once I finish basing and detailing these guys and a couple of Tactical Marines that are at the just-about-done stage, I'll have a 500-point list painted, with a lot of the legwork toward 1000/1250/1500 already out of the way. I'll take pictures once I hit the 500 point milestone, although I need to do three instances of OSL between here and there so I'm a little nervous.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

xtothez posted:

Just look at these guys.

Not only are Malanthropes ~super-awesome~ but they also let you get Preferred Enemy without spending a trillion points on a lovely Swarmlord.

Okay, so this is really old at this point, but where does this information come from? I haven't been able to find a source on these stats anywhere but this post.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Master Twig posted:

Okay, so this is really old at this point, but where does this information come from? I haven't been able to find a source on these stats anywhere but this post.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_VOLUME_FOUR_THE_ANPHELION_PROJECT_SECOND_EDITION.html

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Ah. Good to know. I kept finding the old rules, which made Malanthropes significantly less good. I'm glad these are the current rules.

Because I just bought one.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

Hencoe posted:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/M/Magaera.pdf
So Ionic Flare Shield is kinda neat. A little surprised that its just a regular lightning cannon though.

It has the Heavy Lightning Cannon (which is AP3 and large blast) in addition to the Plasma Fusil; it's actually got a pretty strong gun loadout. It's a lot more durable than a normal Knight due to the -1Str when hitting its Shield as well as the lovely IWND, but I2 does definitely hurt it a bit in close combat. Aside from the inability to be part of an Adamantine Lance, I'd call it noticeably better than the usual two Knights and about on par with the other new one.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

AbusePuppy posted:

It has the Heavy Lightning Cannon (which is AP3 and large blast) in addition to the Plasma Fusil; it's actually got a pretty strong gun loadout. It's a lot more durable than a normal Knight due to the -1Str when hitting its Shield as well as the lovely IWND, but I2 does definitely hurt it a bit in close combat. Aside from the inability to be part of an Adamantine Lance, I'd call it noticeably better than the usual two Knights and about on par with the other new one.

I say regular lightning cannon because its the same as the one on the Krios (angry tractor) the shield is great though, plasma fusil in place of a stubber is nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm still digging the rules for the lancer and heavy bolter one, as they are extra choppy and the lancer gets a better save in CC.

Question I've been thinking about. -1 strength against a D weapon? Does that make it strength 10?

• Locked thread